Multiple charts from 1 source data

Hi all

I am battling with graphs/ charts in Excel 2007. I am basically looking for
a way that I can create multiple graphs based on a sheet with a bunch of
simple data.

What I have is a sheet that contains a list of servers with 3 datapoints
(Min, Max, Avg)

Example:
Server Name/Min/Max/Avg
server1/53/100/64
server2/52/99/63
server3/51/98/62

and this list caries on for up to 200 servers. I need to create graphs per
server in an automated way. I have tried this script but it does not
represent the data labels correctly. It does not show me the Min/Max/Avg as a
legend on my graphs...or possibly label each bar correctly.

Sub CreateBarCharts()
Dim ws As Worksheet, cel As Range

Set ws = ActiveSheet
With ws
    For Each cel In .Range(.[B9], .Cells(.Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp))
        With Charts.Add
            .ChartType = xl3DColumnClustered
            .SetSourceData Source:=cel.Resize(1, 8), PlotBy:=xlRows
            .Location Where:=xlLocationAsNewSheet
            .HasTitle = True
            .ChartTitle.Characters.Text = cel.Value
            With .Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary)
                .HasTitle = True
                .AxisTitle.Characters.Text = ws.[B9]
            End With
        End With
    Next cel
End With

End Sub

Please any help will be appreciated.
Regards

Hi Sduduzo,

Some of samples here may help
http://www.edferrero.com/ExcelCharts/tabid/102/Default.aspx
Look for 'multiple chart builder'

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com
0
Ed
2/3/2010 7:12:46 AM
Excel 2007 Table, Multiple Charts
With your edited macro.
With legend and category text.
http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/02_03_10.xlsm
0
Herbert

Linking Time-varying charts
Hi all, Here's my problem. I've got a set of Excel files with monthly data which is updated every month. So in January I only have Jan data. In February I have Jan and Feb data, and so on. The chart I have for this data always displays a full 18 months data from October 2003 to March 2005, and as more data is added, the line on the chart snakes its way from left to right. These files are submitted to me from various sources. As a central data collector, I now want to link these Excel files into a single Excel file which will display all the charts in one place for convenience. Ho...

Is there a quick way of assigning multiple series to a bubble char
Each series requires a three-column block of cells, one each for X, Y, and bubble size. Select the block for the first series and create the chart. Select the block for the second series, copy it, select the chart, use Edit menu - Paste Special to add the data as a New Series, with categories in the first column. Repeat as needed. If the series share the X values, you can use this sequence of columns: X Y1 B1 Y2 B2 Y3 B3 where X is the column of shared X values, Yi is the column of Y values for the ith series, and Bi is the column of bubble sizes for the ith series. - Jon -----...

Sorting numbers with multiple decimal points?
Hi - I'm sure this is covered in some docs somewhere, but it's hard to know what to search for. I have a spreadsheet (using Excel 2003 SP1) in which I have a number of rows that have an "ID" field taking the format "X.X.X.X" where X is a number from 0 to 100. Like this: 1.1.0.0 blah blah rest of row 1.1.2.4 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.0 blah blah rest of row 1.0.0.0 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.2 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.1 blah blah rest of row 1.1.1.1 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.0 blah blah rest of row 1.1.1.3 blah blah rest of row 1.1.2.5 blah blah rest of ...

In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/april/04) data converts.
In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/April/2004) excel converts this to 4/10/04 (4/October/2004) Where can I change the input characteristics. I have changed the date format to English (UK) and this works when I input the date in the American format mm/dd/yy but I want to input in the dd/mm/yy format I think I'd try chaning my windows regional settings. In win98, I'd get to it via: Windows start button|Settings|control Panel|regional settings applet Date Tab Change the short date format to dd/mm/yyyy (I like 4 digit dates--you don't have to use that part--but put it in d...

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

CRM & Data Matching
Hi, We are going to populate our MSCRM with various data sets. Because of this there will be duplication of customer data. Is there any mechanism within Microsoft CRM (or easily available elsewhere) to match the data from the diverse sources against each other and to arrive at a single instance of the customer. Thanks, D. Microsoft CRM V3 only offers merge capabilities which means you have to locate the duplicates - crm can then merge the records two at a time. ISV's have produced other solutions ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.got...

Calcs & Data Validation
Looking for an easy way to complet the following. I imagine their must be a quick & easy method. Cell A5 has a drop down list which corresponds to a range on another worksheet. It has 300+ entries. In cell B5 i will enter a number/qty. What i would like is that as each of the items in the list has a corresponding cost (on other worksheet), i would like to know an easy way to calculate the cost (in C5) based upon the qty entered (B5) & the cost of the item selected. I have done it before with 'IF' function for a small selection, but figure there must be an easier...

Chart Type HELP!
Hi, I still need help on the Chart Type thread that I posted a couple of hours ago under "Chart Type". It is URGENT--for a presentation for which I am already late!! Anybody?? Tx, Sat Hi Sat - Take a look at what I just posted and see if it helps. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Combination chart? Stacked cylinders and scatter
Hi, I want to make a stacked bar chart that also shows another data point as a single point along the stacked bar. Here is what I have so far '[img=http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/5372/chart7ur.th.jpg]' (http://img304.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chart7ur.jpg) Here is what I want to accomplish: - don't show Sections where Length is zero -- right now the zero sections show with label and value on the right side of the cylinders - show another data point (from another cell in my sheet) as a single point along the stacked bar - show a final data point as the total of the bar len...

Problem with line Chart
I have the following data: Date Value 1/07 700 3/07 550 9/07 600 10/07 550 7/08 500 9/08 700 2/09 750 8/09 600 I would like to create a simple line chart connecting the Value points. Note that the points correspond to random dates (not evenly spaced). How can I create a line chart that has time on the x-axis, (say shown in months) with a line connecting the Value points, which are shown at various locations in time. Soun...

Outlook
We are on Exchange 2007, Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. A users sends a specific spreadsheet to multiple users 2-3 times a week. About once a week, one of the users tries to open the file and it is corrupted. The original file is 18K but after he attempts to open it, it reduces to 4K. If he tries to forward the message, it goes out corrupted. If he saves the file first, it is fine. But it still becomes corrupted if he tries to open from the attachment. We all use the same anti-virus and this is the only Excel document he has the problem with. He receives many from various source...

Pivotchart Multiple series question
Is it possible to have 2 separate clustered series in 1 pivotchart table and if so how. Regards Jason ...

No "Chart Option" feature in the Formatting Palette or when double click on Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have read a discussion board concerning this issue but it was from 2008 and no solution was offered yet. The problem is as follows: one creates a graph but cannot add a title or format the axis etc. <br><br>When I open a new spreadsheet and enter the data, I can create the graph. However, I cannot select the &quot;Chart Option&quot; to change any specific features. On the formatting palette I only get the "Page Setup" options but nothing relating to the chart and when I double click on the graph t...

Setting multiple meeting times for different attendees on the same day
I am a recruiter and use Outlook to schedule interviews with out of town candidates. It's critical that all my interviewers be available on the same date but at different times during the day. I would like to be able to pull up all of my interviewers' schedules at the same time and schedule them in different time slots but only having to send one meeting request. Example: I have 5 managers that will be interviewing the same person on the same day at different times. I have to list them all as "required attendees", check their schedules, then back out and send o...

Formatting doesn't follow data sort
I was just recently updated to 2003 MS Office Pro. I can't remember what I use to have, but I used to be able to Data Sort info and the borders around cells would follow the appropriate text. It doesn't do that anymore, and I can't find out how to fix it in the online help, and my IT guy doesn't know off the top of his head. Can anyone help or have I wasted a full day and a half putting borders around information for no reason? -- kanimalhouse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kanimalhouse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

How to print a multiple page two sided small booklet, 4.5x5.5"
Publisher 03 has a folded card that uses standard 8.5x11" paper and after printing folds to a card size 4.5 x 5.5" What I need is to create a non folded "booklet" version which can have multiple pages (more than 8), printed on front and back. Essentially the same as the 8.5x5" program booklets (found in File/Page Setup/publication type:booklet) which print multiple pages now, but smaller and capable of printing front to back pages to either be folded into a booklet (one fold on center pages) or cut and bound into a booklet. I'm trying to build a small boo...

Pivot tables, linking to a named range as a source to a pivot table
I have created a main worksheet within the same workbook of many pivot tables, and I want to use this same worksheet as the source of information to these different pivot table sheets off of which I create charts. I want to use a named range because there are over 4,000 rows in this main worksheet. I am not sure if I need a "=" to start the reference or what to do. I thought I should just use nameofworksheet!database if I name the range "database", but when I point and click to the sheet, it is just inserting the name "database" without the name of the...

rounding in multiples of 5
Hi, How do I ensure the cell content is always a multiple of 5 without running a macro? I currently have the following formula in the cell, which only works to modify if the contents are below 5: =IF(C6>0,IF(C16+C17<5,5,MROUND(C16+C17,5)),0) Can someone help? Thanks! USe data validation on cells where you want the user to enter the values that are multioples of 5 by selecting Custom and entering the following: - =MOD(A1,5)=0 If the result is not zero it will give an error message "Jason" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ORhv%23lSiEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx...

how do I arrange multiple worksheets from the same workbook
I want to open multiple worksheets from the same workbook and tile them horizontally. I know you can do it with multiple workbooks, but i can't open worksheets from the same workbook. Any ideas? try <Window><New Window> Yow will see two views in the same workbook which you can manipulate separately. If you delete one view the data is not disturbed. If you save while showing the two windows, It will open with two windows when you reopen the file. "skytags" wrote: > I want to open multiple worksheets from the same workbook and tile them > horizontall...

How do I copy previously entered data
If I enter related data in A1 and C1 and then type the same data as A1 in A4, how do I get the data in C1 to automaticallyh appear in C4? Hi =VLOOKUP(A4,A1:C3,3,0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Snoopy wrote: > If I enter related data in A1 and C1 and then type the same data as > A1 in A4, how do I get the data in C1 to automaticallyh appear in C4? Hi Frank, Thanks for the information, I tried it and it works. One further question if I may? If I type the info in A1 in multiple places in columnA, can excel be configured to repeat the related info in c1 in the cor...

Data validation causing problems when using a data form in Excel 2
I have an Excel 2007 workbook that includes data validation set on a number of cells. When using a data form to enter data and I enter an invalid value on the form field corresponding to one of those cells I receive the validation error dialogue that prompts me to retry. I enter the correct data into that field on the form then close the form. My worksheet only has the data relating to the corrected field entered. All other data entered via the form is not entered onto the worksheet. Is this a bug in Excel 2007? I previously was using Excel 2002 and found that when using a ...

How to credit complicated pie chart
I want to create a pie chart of my credit card statement each month. Every pie chart example shows 3 columns and about 5 rows of data. I can create a chart for something that simple but what I need is A chart showing the amounts and to what merchant that amount was spent at. Can someone point me in the direction where I can find something that would tell me how to do what I want? Thanks Ron ...

Data Validation, Via A Formula
Is there a way to apply data validation to one cell, based on the result of another cell? For instance, if in A1, a data validation list displays sports (ie baseball, basketball,etc), and if the user selects "Baseball", then the data validation in B1 would only list baseball teams, from the range named baseball teams. And if basketball is selected, then only basketball teams are displayed. If at all possible, could this be done via a formula and WITHOUT using VB? If not, I could also use any help to accomplish this via VB coding. Any and all help will be appreciated...

COUNT /COUNTIF for Multiple Column Defined Dynamic Named Range
Hi, Would like to use Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS" in Formula. The Dynami Named Range "RESULTS" spans 30 COLUMNS and many ROWS. Need help with Formula to COUNT specified criteria in each separat COLUMN of the Defined Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS". Looking for on Formula that can be adapted with an OFFSET / INDEX to work on the othe COLUMNS. Example Results required from Formula: COLUMN 1 in Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS" - COUNT instances of numbe 75 COLUMN 2 in Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS" - COUNT instances of numbe 75 COLUMN 30 in Dy...

Multiple series not plotting in their respective data ranges
I have a price comparison chart (line chart) that has multiple prices for multiple dates. Price 1 has a date range of 01/01/07 - 02/06/07. Price 2 has a date range of 01/19/07 - 01/31/07 (a subset of the Price 1 range). When Price 2 plots, it starts at the left of the overall range (01/01/07) and stops at 01/13/07 instead of plotting in the middle of the chart starting at 01/19/07 and ending at 01/31/07. Is this a bug or is there a parameter setting I need to tweak? Thanks, Mike If you want to plot one variable (price) as a function of another variable (date), you should be using...