Multiple Chart on Single Page

I'm having a lot of trouble arranging multiple charts on a page.  Actually
I'm doing 10 charts that are all the same size on 2 pages with 6 on the
first page, then 4 on the last.  I'm having a heck of time trying to get
this right.  I select all 10 charts and stretch them this way and that and
adjust some row and column widths between the charts to make adjustments,
but I can't get it right.  There has to be a better method that this trial
and error approach.

I've search the web, but almost everything I've found is for some fancy
charting program to do this.  It must be doable within Excel.  Can anyone
give me some pointers or, better yet, give me a link to some sort of
advanced Excel charting tutorial that could help.

many thanks,  BDT

0
no9981 (5)

I have found two ways to align multiple charts on a worksheet. Method 1 is
to size and align floating charts with a VBA procedure.

The second way is to place my charts in single cells. the row height and
column width set the chart size and they are automatically aligned with row
and column boundaries.

If you want your charts to float, the following code will get you started.

Public Sub Size_align_charts()
Dim ChtWidth As Long, ChtHeight As Long
Dim TopPosition As Long, LeftPosition As Long
Dim chtobj As ChartObject

If ActiveChart Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    'Get size of active chart
        ChtWidth = ActiveChart.Parent.Width
        ChtHeight = ActiveChart.Parent.Height
        TopPosition = ActiveChart.Parent.Top
        LeftPosition = ActiveChart.Parent.Left
 For Each chtobj In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
        chtobj.Width = ChtWidth
        chtobj.Height = ChtHeight
        chtobj.Top = TopPosition
        chtobj.Left = LeftPosition
        TopPosition = TopPosition + chtobj.Height
    Next chtobj
End Sub

See my website for information on how to place charts in cells.

http://processtrends.com/TOC_charts.htm

...Kelly

"BT" <no@xnono.com> wrote in message
> I'm having a lot of trouble arranging multiple charts on a page.  Actually
> I'm doing 10 charts that are all the same size on 2 pages with 6 on the
> first page, then 4 on the last.  I'm having a heck of time trying to get
> this right.  I select all 10 charts and stretch them this way and that and
> adjust some row and column widths between the charts to make adjustments,
> but I can't get it right.  There has to be a better method that this trial
> and error approach.
>
> I've search the web, but almost everything I've found is for some fancy
> charting program to do this.  It must be doable within Excel.  Can anyone
> give me some pointers or, better yet, give me a link to some sort of
> advanced Excel charting tutorial that could help.
>
> many thanks,  BDT

0
dkod (205)
3/10/2006 5:23:10 PM
Thanks, the Chart in a Cell looks like a good approach, but I already have a
workbook and I already have 10 charts ... is there an easy way to cut and
paste the charts into cells in my existing workbook and have the chart
borders locked to the cell borders.

cheers,  BDT

"Kelly O'Day" <dkod@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have found two ways to align multiple charts on a worksheet. Method 1 is
>to size and align floating charts with a VBA procedure.
>
> The second way is to place my charts in single cells. the row height and
> column width set the chart size and they are automatically aligned with
> row and column boundaries.
>
> If you want your charts to float, the following code will get you started.
>
> Public Sub Size_align_charts()
> Dim ChtWidth As Long, ChtHeight As Long
> Dim TopPosition As Long, LeftPosition As Long
> Dim chtobj As ChartObject
>
> If ActiveChart Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
>    'Get size of active chart
>        ChtWidth = ActiveChart.Parent.Width
>        ChtHeight = ActiveChart.Parent.Height
>        TopPosition = ActiveChart.Parent.Top
>        LeftPosition = ActiveChart.Parent.Left
> For Each chtobj In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
>        chtobj.Width = ChtWidth
>        chtobj.Height = ChtHeight
>        chtobj.Top = TopPosition
>        chtobj.Left = LeftPosition
>        TopPosition = TopPosition + chtobj.Height
>    Next chtobj
> End Sub
>
> See my website for information on how to place charts in cells.
>
> http://processtrends.com/TOC_charts.htm
>
> ..Kelly
>

> "BT" <no@xnono.com> wrote in message
>> I'm having a lot of trouble arranging multiple charts on a page.
>> Actually I'm doing 10 charts that are all the same size on 2 pages with 6
>> on the first page, then 4 on the last.  I'm having a heck of time trying
>> to get this right.  I select all 10 charts and stretch them this way and
>> that and adjust some row and column widths between the charts to make
>> adjustments, but I can't get it right.  There has to be a better method
>> that this trial and error approach.
>>
>> I've search the web, but almost everything I've found is for some fancy
>> charting program to do this.  It must be doable within Excel.  Can anyone
>> give me some pointers or, better yet, give me a link to some sort of
>> advanced Excel charting tutorial that could help.
>>
>> many thanks,  BDT

0
no9981 (5)
3/10/2006 7:49:22 PM
BT - you can place your existing charts in cells in a few steps.

For preparation, you should do two things:
   1. Make copy of workbook. Do all your work on copy, you don't want to
risk messing up your original wok
   2. Turn off autoscale for each chart (right click chart, go to Font,
uncheck Autoscale)

To move charts to cells, you need to establish  sizes for rows and columns
where you want to place charts. I suggest you pick an area outside range of
existing area being used. You want to go to right and down so that changes
in your row/cols won't affect existing charts.

Once you get cells to the approximate size you want, you can move charts to
target cells. The trick is to select the chart you want to move, hold down
the Alt key and place chart in cell. I align top left with Alt key down,
then adjust chart height and width to cell boundaries with  Alt key down.

Once charts anchored in cells, you can delete extra cols and rows and put
final sizes to rows and cols.

> Thanks, the Chart in a Cell looks like a good approach, but I already have
> a workbook and I already have 10 charts ... is there an easy way to cut
> and paste the charts into cells in my existing workbook and have the chart
> borders locked to the cell borders.
>
> cheers,  BDT
>
> "Kelly O'Day" <dkod@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I have found two ways to align multiple charts on a worksheet. Method 1 is
>>to size and align floating charts with a VBA procedure.
>>
>> The second way is to place my charts in single cells. the row height and
>> column width set the chart size and they are automatically aligned with
>> row and column boundaries.
>>
>> If you want your charts to float, the following code will get you
>> started.
>>
>> Public Sub Size_align_charts()
>> Dim ChtWidth As Long, ChtHeight As Long
>> Dim TopPosition As Long, LeftPosition As Long
>> Dim chtobj As ChartObject
>>
>> If ActiveChart Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
>>    'Get size of active chart
>>        ChtWidth = ActiveChart.Parent.Width
>>        ChtHeight = ActiveChart.Parent.Height
>>        TopPosition = ActiveChart.Parent.Top
>>        LeftPosition = ActiveChart.Parent.Left
>> For Each chtobj In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
>>        chtobj.Width = ChtWidth
>>        chtobj.Height = ChtHeight
>>        chtobj.Top = TopPosition
>>        chtobj.Left = LeftPosition
>>        TopPosition = TopPosition + chtobj.Height
>>    Next chtobj
>> End Sub
>>
>> See my website for information on how to place charts in cells.
>>
>> http://processtrends.com/TOC_charts.htm
>>
>> ..Kelly
>>

>> "BT" <no@xnono.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm having a lot of trouble arranging multiple charts on a page.
>>> Actually I'm doing 10 charts that are all the same size on 2 pages with
>>> 6 on the first page, then 4 on the last.  I'm having a heck of time
>>> trying to get this right.  I select all 10 charts and stretch them this
>>> way and that and adjust some row and column widths between the charts to
>>> make adjustments, but I can't get it right.  There has to be a better
>>> method that this trial and error approach.
>>>
>>> I've search the web, but almost everything I've found is for some fancy
>>> charting program to do this.  It must be doable within Excel.  Can
>>> anyone give me some pointers or, better yet, give me a link to some sort
>>> of advanced Excel charting tutorial that could help.
>>>
>>> many thanks,  BDT

0
dkod (205)
3/10/2006 8:35:25 PM
In the middle of this page, you'll find links to a couple of downloads of
Excel workbooks. One is the Interactive Chart Resizer. It allows you to
select a chart, click a button, then select a range of cells, and the
program resizes the chart to cover the selected cells. It's a little quicker
than dragging the chart yourself while holding the Alt key.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

> BT - you can place your existing charts in cells in a few steps.
>
> For preparation, you should do two things:
>   1. Make copy of workbook. Do all your work on copy, you don't want to
> risk messing up your original wok
>   2. Turn off autoscale for each chart (right click chart, go to Font,
> uncheck Autoscale)
>
> To move charts to cells, you need to establish  sizes for rows and columns
> where you want to place charts. I suggest you pick an area outside range
> of existing area being used. You want to go to right and down so that
> changes in your row/cols won't affect existing charts.
>
> Once you get cells to the approximate size you want, you can move charts
> to target cells. The trick is to select the chart you want to move, hold
> down the Alt key and place chart in cell. I align top left with Alt key
> down, then adjust chart height and width to cell boundaries with  Alt key
> down.
>
> Once charts anchored in cells, you can delete extra cols and rows and put
> final sizes to rows and cols.
>
> ..Kelly
>

> "BT" <no@xnono.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks, the Chart in a Cell looks like a good approach, but I already
>> have a workbook and I already have 10 charts ... is there an easy way to
>> cut and paste the charts into cells in my existing workbook and have the
>> chart borders locked to the cell borders.
>>
>> cheers,  BDT
>>
>> "Kelly O'Day" <dkod@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>I have found two ways to align multiple charts on a worksheet. Method 1
>>>is to size and align floating charts with a VBA procedure.
>>>
>>> The second way is to place my charts in single cells. the row height and
>>> column width set the chart size and they are automatically aligned with
>>> row and column boundaries.
>>>
>>> If you want your charts to float, the following code will get you
>>> started.
>>>
>>> Public Sub Size_align_charts()
>>> Dim ChtWidth As Long, ChtHeight As Long
>>> Dim TopPosition As Long, LeftPosition As Long
>>> Dim chtobj As ChartObject
>>>
>>> If ActiveChart Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
>>>    'Get size of active chart
>>>        ChtWidth = ActiveChart.Parent.Width
>>>        ChtHeight = ActiveChart.Parent.Height
>>>        TopPosition = ActiveChart.Parent.Top
>>>        LeftPosition = ActiveChart.Parent.Left
>>> For Each chtobj In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
>>>        chtobj.Width = ChtWidth
>>>        chtobj.Height = ChtHeight
>>>        chtobj.Top = TopPosition
>>>        chtobj.Left = LeftPosition
>>>        TopPosition = TopPosition + chtobj.Height
>>>    Next chtobj
>>> End Sub
>>>
>>> See my website for information on how to place charts in cells.
>>>
>>> http://processtrends.com/TOC_charts.htm
>>>
>>> ..Kelly
>>>

>>> "BT" <no@xnono.com> wrote in message

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Another multiple criteria/column question
Ok, first post and pretty much a new user to Excel. I have two sheets that I am working with, trying to recall data from one to the other that meets criteria. In a nutshell: Sheet 1 contains a column of unique values (col A), cols C,D, and E are where I want to insert the formula to find data on Sheet 2. Sheet 2 contains 4 columns, A contains multiple occurrences of each value (from Sheet1, column A), each with its own timestamp in column D. On Sheet1, in column C, I want to find a value on Sheet2 in column A and return the timestamp in column D. I know I can use VLOOKUP for this. =VLO...

How do I chart date ranges with varying start and finish dates?
I want to create a chart that on one axis will show date ranges that have varying start and finish dates. The other axis is a list of project names. Example: Project #1, starts 5/1/05, ends 10/1/05; Project #2 starts 3/5/05, ends 2/2/06, etc. I want a bar chart that I can sort. Any help is very appreciated. : ) It sounds like you need to create a Gantt chart. Here are some resources that might help: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 ----...

Controlling printed records when report bound to multiple tables
I created a report that uses the control from a form to generate a report based on that record's primary key. This form also has a subform which has relationships tied to the primary key for record identification and is linked to the main table. When preview the report the data from the subform either does not show up in the preview when using the filter [control]=[form]![control].[value] or makes multiple copies of the report equal to the number of entries in the subform's table. Is there any way around this? I have tried queries but have not found a way to use a f...

setting up multiple email accounts #2
I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access outlook express the additiona account does not recognize the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! KCB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp > accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access > outlook express the additiona account does not recognize > the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Charts #3
If I want my chart to read from 50 to 100 instead of 0 to 100 How do I do this? -- Richard Northern California Be Nice to Everyone Everyday WHERE? -- Richard Northern California Be Nice to Everyone Everyday "jr" <kiii63@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00fc01c36813$5688d060$a601280a@phx.gbl... > double click on the current chart axis values on the > desired chart axis. You can set the scale in the popup > window. > >-----Original Message----- > >If I want my chart to read from 50 to 100 instead of 0 > to 100 How do I do > >this? > >...

How to slant cells in Excel on top of chart at about 45 degrees
Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree angle with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? ckricci Wrote: > Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree > angle > with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? HI ckricci Try Format > Cells > Alignment Tab and set the Orientation to 45 degress -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

Question on multiple NICs used by Exchange 2003
I have a requirement to bind four virtual SMTP servers to unique IP addresses. The server has four NICs and each IP address is uniquely bound to a virtual SMTP server. I used telnet to confirm that the appropriate virtual SMTP server responds to each assigned IP address. In case you are wondering why I did not use virtual IP addresses- Per Microsoft, the virtual IP address schema will not satisfy our requirement that the same IP address be used for sending (relaying) the e-mail that received it. Their recommendation was to have a NIC for each virtual SMTP server. The problem that I am ex...

Can Line Chart Overlaps be Highlighted?
Can the overlap portion(s) of two lines in a chart be shown in a different color, without having to manually draw a shape? I would like to show the areas where Line A is above Line B as red, and the areas where it crosses below in blue - is it possible to do this without manually drawing in shapes? Hi, To some extent it depends how many times the lines cross. If it's just the once then you can use area charts to provide the shading. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 This may help if the used one line as a base line...

keeping page, insert etc dropdowns open & having page below it
how can i keep the drop downs open & have the page below it. It was that way & I must have hit the wrong button or something.microsoft word 2007 "billy" <billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91198FA1-A43C-4A00-9141-FB019528AC5B@microsoft.com... > how can i keep the drop downs open & have the page below it. It was that > way > & I must have hit the wrong button or something.microsoft word 2007 Ask in a discussion group for Word. Here's how to find it. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/ In the...

Calling the Page Setup PopUp from VBA..
Hello.. I am using Access 2003 and I have a button on my form that I will have the user click to bring up the Page Setup popup screen just like you would do if you chose File -> Page Setup. Does anyone have the VBA code to accomplish this? Please advise... Cheers! Brett Try, docmd.RunCommand acCmdPageSetup Also, do not forget to trap error 2501 should the user cancel the operation. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "Brett Davis" wrote: > Hello.. > > I am using Access 2003 and I have a button on my form that I will have the > user click to br...

Help me create sales chart based on state and quantity
We have a production report on excel. It shows the details for our clients. Part of that data includes the state in which the client lives. We are trying to create a chart showing the percentages of each state( so we know where the most deals are closed) Any suggestions? Hello mr_merchant_man, this sounds like a job for a pivot table, using Average as the data calculation operator. Or, depending on your version of Excel, you can use AVERAGEIFS (in Excel 2007) or calculate an averate with a combination of SUMIF divided by COUNTIF. To be more specific, it would help to s...

stationary, templete, signatures with multiple accounts
Hello all, I use Outlook 2002 to access three email accounts ( Work, Hotmail, and home ISP ) Obviuosly I can choose from which account I'm sending from at the time of mesasge creation. What I am asking is, is it possible for when, let's say, I choose to send from my work account, a certain stationary and/or template and/or signature is used ----- and a different stationary and/or template and/or signature is used when I send from my ISP, etc....... Please advise, preferably be sending directly to patrick072040@comcast.net., or by replying to this post. Thank you in advance !! O...

How do I create a summary page from multiple worksheets
Trying to roll-up information from multiple worksheets within the same workbook to a summary page. These worksheets are copies of each other. For example: each worksheet has a column labeled "defect number". The users can record multiple defect numbers within a cell (e.g. 897, 992, 1001) So sheet1, row1 = 897, 990 sheet2, row1 = 992 sheet3, row1 = 995, 1001, 1012 sheet4, row1 = empty How do I (or can I) rollup this information to a summary page where sheet5 is the summary worksheet and row1 = 897, 990, 992, 995, 1001, 1012. Here's what I have so far [=Sta...

IN EXCEL, WHEN I CLICK ONA SINGLE CELL It HIGHLIGHTS WHOLE Page
please help Hi maybe: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:36180425-96C2-4368-9DE0-3E60741154FF@microsoft.com... > please help Just click on a cell and nothing else? Or perhaps you mean click on a cell then as you move the cursor around other cells are selected like the cursor is stuck? If the former, you must have some event code which selects the cells or you are clicking on the gray box at intersect of rows and columns(top left above ro...

time line in chart
Hi How do I put a vertical line in a chart in excel at a given point? i.e. timeline Thanks Jon I know this is too elementary, but go from here: You have a scatter chart from A1:B6 (X A1:A6; Y B1:B6) 10 3 11 4 12 5 13 6 14 7 15 8 A 2nd source series is A8:B9 (X A8:A9; Y B8:B9) 13 0 13 6 giving you the a vertical line at X=13. "jon" <jon@nospam.com> wrote: >Hi >How do I put a vertical line in a chart in excel at a given point? i.e. >timeline >Thanks >Jon ----== Posted via Pronews.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.prone...

Help on adding values to a bar chart
Hello, Here is my problem. I currently have a bar chart that has 8 X-axis bars. I need to add 2 more to the X-axis. The labels for the x-axis are based on cells within another spreadsheet, but are not consecutive cells, they are spread apart. So when I go to add the two more cells, I can only add one. When I click on the second cell to add it to the list, all of the previous cells get unselected. I have even tried to manually add these two values in. Is there a limit to how many values can be on the X-axis? Please Help!!! Thanks. To select non-consecutive cells: select first cell, h...

help with Excel Chart, Series name
Hello, I am using ORACLE OLE2 package to print a series bar graph in excel. I need to rename "Series Name" that comes out in as a char in excel. By defual the series are names as Series1, Series2, Series3,.....SeriesN. How can I access the handle to "Series Name" which help me change its name. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks you, Bilal Bilal, Manally, you do this with Chart - Source data - Series tab. There's a series name box. Select the series to be edited in the drop-down at the left first. It may have a cell reference currently in it, or you can...

multiple balances on one printout
I want to print all the months on one sheet. with a total, is this possible and if so how do I do so. Thanks ...

Paging Size set up for sql 2005 best performance
erver windows 2003 sp1. 64 bits, Paging file size for selected drive C is (custom selected) Initial 2046 MB, and maximum 4092 MB. It is currently allocated 4081 MB. Computer RAM memory is 8GB. Server functions as a database MS SQL 2005 server, and it is used under heavy insert database operations The problem is that it can be seen on windows task manager there is on PF usage and Page File Usage hHstory around 8.2 GB paging file size not 4081 GB as it is given on virtual memory page set up. DoleBludger (DoleBludger@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > erver windows 200...

Multiple Filters in a Form
Hi, I need some help. I have a form based on a query which lists wine in a cellar. I want to allow the users to filter the content on the form by using multiple filters. The following code works well. Private Sub CmdApplyFilter_Click() Dim strWhere As String strWhere = "" Dim strNonZero As String Dim strType As String Dim strYear As String strNonZero = "" strType = "" strYear = "" ' from a check box to show either only current wine in cellar or all wine included that which has been drunk - no bottles in cellar If CheckNonZero = True Then ...

multiple email domain hosting
Is it possible with Exchange 2003 to host multiple email domains in addition to the Active directory integrated domain of the entreprise. To make that server a mail server for other company in pop3 only. I know in Exchange 5.5 it was possible but i did not find anything for routing domains in Exchange 2003 Can exchange 2003 host multiple other email domain without them being in the active directory ? Thanks Yes it can be done, Just make sure you have the DNS MX records pointing to your server/s, then either create a new recipient policy, or modify the default recipient policy. So ...

Multiple serial numbers when making adjustments to material receip
When doing material receipts we have the ability to add multiple serial numbers. For issues (adjustments) this must be done one by one.We need the ability to issue multiple serial numbers on the same transaction. For instance, we have to issue ten cable reels in ten different lines versus one with ten serial numbers from the list. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ...

linking (many) multiple cells to one worksheet
Hi. I have created (so far) a work book for the sales people in my offic that shows: how many leads they have received (via mail, internet an other) vs. how many sales that person has made. The work book is set u so each month is on a separte work sheet and has its respective totals with links to another worksheet that links those totals to show ho each sales person has been doing for the entire year (i will call i the "total" worksheet). In each month (and on the 'total' worksheet there is also a row for "House" sales - which is a total of leads/sale received from...

Copy Data from Chart to Chart #2
I have to create separate charts for ten employees. I want to have all the data on one sheet tab. Create the chart on another tab for employee 1, format the chart the way I want and be able to add the data for employee 2, 3, 4, etc. to each tab, using the same format for chart 1 so they all match. So there should be one tab for raw data and 10 tabs for each employee. I’m using Excel 2000 Thank you Karen - Make a chart for the first employee, and make it look just the way you want it. Then right click on the sheet tab, select Move or Copy, and make a copy. Then make eight more copies....

multiple one to many
I have a database with multiple tables that are populated with a form with subforms. Basically I have Table A with a record ID field that has a one to many relationship with two other tables (Table B and Table C). I am trying to run a query (for a report) that will show the record ID (and other fields) from Table A with each of the many corresponding fields from the other two tables. But I don't want the info from Table A showing up repeatedly in my report - just once. How can this be done? TIA Papa J First do the query, and don't worry about 'repeating'...