Multiple Bar Chart Formats

How do I combine a bar chart with summary data (for example, 5 categories of
summary data) with a stacked bar chart (a sixth category made up of the parts
that make the summary)?

For example, I have 6 construction projects. I wish to show summary data for
five of the projects (assume they are complete) as a bar chart. I have 4
categories of subtotals that make up each summary. In the case of the sixth
project, wish to show these sub totals as a stacked bar. I want to do this on
one chart.
0
Ray1 (115)

I think you want a stacked chart for all of this if I understand your
question. Set up your data like this:

       a   b   c   d   e

a      x

b          x

c              x

d                  x

e                      x

stack  x   x   x   x   x

a      x

b          x

c              x

d                  x

e                      x

stack  x   x   x   x   x

Add more blocks of rows ("a" through "stack" for each category.

In the first block, the value corresponding to "a" and the first value next
to "stack" are the same, the value corresponding to "b" and the second value
next to "stack" are the same, etc.

Make a stacked column chart with series in columns.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I combine a bar chart with summary data (for example, 5 categories
> of
> summary data) with a stacked bar chart (a sixth category made up of the
> parts
> that make the summary)?
>
> For example, I have 6 construction projects. I wish to show summary data
> for
> five of the projects (assume they are complete) as a bar chart. I have 4
> categories of subtotals that make up each summary. In the case of the
> sixth
> project, wish to show these sub totals as a stacked bar. I want to do this
> on
> one chart.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

How to select series in chart?

multiple flyers per page?

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

Removing multiple users from Outlook

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Multiple stacked bar charts

transparent areas in charts?

printing 2 charts on single page

Multiple Simultaneous Outlook Sessions

Single click selects multiple cells

Fractions Number format

printing multiple copies of Sigel GmbH

Date format 04-11-06

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

Formatting in CSV
Hi I create a Comma Separated Value file (csv) from my VB application, then open that file with Excel. Excel recognises the commas, and splits the records into separate fields as expected. Can I set properties for rows or columns or cells ? Like bolding, or font size, etc. Thanks Robert -- RobertLees ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RobertLees's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26580 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486488 Yes. Even though the .csv file contains no fo...

Format List Box!

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...