multi stacked column chart

Using Excel 2003, I need to show monthly work orders...one stacked column
should show work orders opened (for high, medium and low priority status) and
another stacked column should show work orders closed (for high, medium and
low priority status).....on the same chart.  I can't get two stacked columns
on the same chart...the six pieces of data stack in one column.  I would
appreciate any help you can give me.

Try setting the data up similar to this:

	Open	Closed
High	4	2
Medium	6	4
Low	5	3

In step 1 of the Chart Wizard, choose the stacked column chart.  In step 2
of the Chart Wizard, select the "Series in Rows" option.

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"Marge Sutko" wrote:

> Using Excel 2003, I need to show monthly work orders...one stacked column
> should show work orders opened (for high, medium and low priority status) and
> another stacked column should show work orders closed (for high, medium and
> low priority status).....on the same chart.  I can't get two stacked columns
> on the same chart...the six pieces of data stack in one column.  I would
> appreciate any help you can give me.

population pyramids using bar charts with a secondary axis
I have a problem that I had given up as unsolvable, but after recently learning about secondary axes, I've made encouraging progress. However, I'm stuck on the last step(s), and I'm hoping that someone will have some suggestions. My organization has been producing reports that contain population pyramids. In the past, all of their reports have been printed, so it didn't matter that in order to get the desired look, they had to use two charts slightly overlapping each other. However, we are getting to the point where we would like our charts to be available online for download....

BCP Computed Column
Hi. I have a table with a computed column. When I try to import data into table through BCP it generates error due to computed column. So how to handle a computed column while importing data into table through bcp from a text file. Regards, Muhammad Bilal You need to use a format file that tells BCP to skip that column. See BOL for info on bcp format files. Tom "Muhammad Bilal" <MuhammadBilal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AD65421-C599-4773-B56F-24841FE05D5A@microsoft.com... > Hi. > > I have a table with a computed column...

data labels from second column
Hi Column A is list of names (Bob, Sue, etc); column B is how much they collected (58, 12, etc); Column C is the date they did it on - so record 1 says Bob collected 58 on 10/07/07, for instance. I want to create a chart with the date for the x axis, amount collected as the y axis and data labels at each point within the graph giving the collector's name. So at X=12/07/07, y=58 I want it to say Bob within the chart area. Any help much appreciated. Regards Chandler On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Chandler <Chandler@discussions.microsoft.com> said: &...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Comparing Values In 2 Columns
Hi, i have 2 list of students names both of which are not up to date with each other and because of this one list has more students than the other. I want to search for students names and see if there is a match, if a match is found i need to copy the email address and paste it into the cell by the other name in the other list. See Below My spreadsheet has columns titled, (A)Display Name, (B)Display Email, (C)Sims Name and (D)Sims Email. I basically want to write a script that takes each individual display name in column A and searches in column C for an identical match, if a match is found i...

Does Multi-Field Index Work For Date/Time Values Only
I created a MS-Access DB table with the following 3 columns: ColID - PRIMARY KEY Col1 - Number Col2 - Date/Time Next I created a multi-field index using Col1 & Col2. I entered the following row in the 1st row: 1 5/10/2007 Next when I tried to add the above row again, as expected, I wasn't allowed to enter the same row. Next I entered the following 2 rows: 1 5/11/2007 2 5/10/2007 Both the rows were accepted. After this I deleted the 3 records, went back to the design view & changed the data type of Col2 from Date/Time to Number keeping the multi-field index...

How can I compare the column names from 2 tables and output them?
I have a requirement to place an alert if the field does not exist in my table, tblStaging. Can any one guide me to reframe this query with error handling messages? I know it is not good practice to use select * but I need to do this as my columns\field names change each time. INSERT INTO tblStaging SELECT * FROM tbl_XL,tblDetails; Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201003/1 Access is a relational database. If your "table design" has the fields in your table(s) changing frequently,...

how can I show repeating values in a chart?
I would like to show modes in the form of a pie chart but am not sure how. For example the number 73 comes up 3 times in a column on my spreadsheet, how can I show that compared to the number 50 which come up 2 times in the sheet? Thanks for the help Hi, You will need to compute those values using formula or a pivot table and then chart the results. Cheers Andy Cindy wrote: > I would like to show modes in the form of a pie chart but am not sure how. > For example the number 73 comes up 3 times in a column on my spreadsheet, how > can I show that compared to the number 50 whi...

more symbols in chart
I need to chart an experiment data for 28 monkeys. I wanted to use a separate symbol for each monkey. I am limited to black and white only, so I can't use multiple colors. I am experimenting on changing white, black for back ground color, fore color, to make a distinct symbol for each monkey. Does any body know how do we get more symbols on the chart? Thanks in advance for any help, sheela Jon Peltier has instructions for Custom series markers: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomSeriesFormatting.html sheela wrote: > I need to chart an experiment data for 28 ...

Drop Down List for Chart
I have grouped my series into several groups. How do I display a drop down list including the groups which will dynamically identify which series to plot on the chart? For example: Group A = Series 1, Series 2, Series 3 Group B = Series 4, Series 5 Group C = Series 6 Drop down list includes values: "Group A", "Group B", "Group C" When Group A is selected within the drop down, Series 1, 2 and 3 are plotted on the chart. Do you mean you have to plot data, and have the chart move week to week? if so, easiest way is to use a hlookup/vlookup "savior1&quo...

Truncated "y" axis label in chart
:confused: Hi guys I have a problem with Excel, the label on the �Y� axis appears truncated even though I have resized the chart. Then, I looked the file in another computer with the same version of excel than mine as well as in another with a different version and in both look fine. Thus, I erased and re-installed excel in my computer to no avail. I have also re-sized the chart and used it both as object embedded and in separate sheet, it doesn't fix the problem. Any suggestions to fix this problem? -- flakkortin -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

How do I assign labels to scatter charts
Hi. I'm making an x-y scatter chart but can't assign labels to the individual points. How do I do this? Many thanks in advance for your help. Tom Hi, Here is an explanation of how to link a chart text element to a cell. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm But if you have more than a couple of data labels to do you really need to use code. This free addin will do it for you. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy ThomasStudd wrote: > Hi. > > I'm making an x-y scatter chart but can't assign labels to the individual > points. H...

Pivot Table and adding a % column, that is not in original data
Hi, Is it possible to add a column for % calculations when the % column is not in original data? To clarify, my original data is as follows: Produt Sales Returns Date A 5 June B 6 June A 1 July A 1 September B 1 November When I run the pivot table, one of the columns I'm then looking to get is a total % of returns over sales , but I cant see how to include in a Pivot table. I can add it outside of the table, but that has problems ...

Two lines and pne column
I am trying to modify one of the custom charts to show two line and one column rather than two columns and one line. can anyone help. Ian - Forget the custom type. Make a chart with all three series as lines, select the one series, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and select the Column style you want. Voila, your first custom combination chart. There's more about Combination Charts on my web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech....

Customize global adress list column in a new mail
Hi! (I have Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2007). when i create a new mail message, hit the "To" button, my global adress list window appear when column by default: Name, Title, business Phone, Location, E-mail address, Company and Alias. Those column from Active directory of course. My question is: can I add/remove column in this window? For example adding "department" from Active directory? thx Since this is customized by your Exchange Admin, I would start by asking him/her if it is possible. This question can most likely be answered in an Exchange or W...

stack overflow
I am working on an MFC project. It crashed after running for about a minute with the following error: First-chance exception in MyApp.exe (MFCO42D.DLL): 0xC00000FD: Stack Overflow. Any idea how can I debug this? Thanks a lot!! Look at the callstack and see which function it is crashing in, or work your way backward. Ali R. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00a301c3c8c0$7d877050$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am working on an MFC project. It crashed after running > for about a minute with the following error: > > First-chance exceptio...

3D Pie Chart
Hello all-I have created a 3-D pie chart in Excel and would like some of the pies to be thicker than others...raised higher, thicker, like have the same foundation but the ones I am discussing during the presentation to raise above the others not seperating from the pie. Does that make sense? I am using Excell 2007 but also have access to 2003 and the newest version. If anyone knows how to do this any help woould be so greatly apprecaited. THANKS! Hi, Excel is not designed to do that, maybe a simple alternative would be to explode the segment of the pie you want to emphasize. To e...

Scatter Charts #3
Hi, I am plotting a XY chart. I want that every point should be of different colour. Possibly I can define a range of 2 columns where column 1 contains the name for which the point is plotted and column 2 contains the colour for that point. I have seen this being done in one chart but that person is no longer available for help Please tell me how is it done Thanks Shilps Hi Shilps - Double click on the chart, and on the Options tab, check the Vary Colors by Point box. Now that you know where it's hidden, you'll become the resident expert! - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel...

One column into three
We have a table with about 40 columns and 120 Rows and we need to split each column into 3 columns only for certain rows - I'm guessing that we can't spilt a column only for certain rows as this would mess-up the entire column/row naming convention - so is there a way to automate the spliting of a column into 3 rows (i.e column A becomes A,B & C) and then merging each trio of cells (i.e. A1, B1, & C1) into one cell in the row and retaining the data that was in A1 and moving the data that was in B1 into D1 - for all 120 rows and then repeating the process for each colum...

Multi Year GP Budget?
GP 10 & FRx 6.7. We are migrating to GP from MAS 500. In MAS, our budget data existed under one header (Current Budget). Each year's budget data was entered under this one Budget name (ID). In GP it appears that one Budget ID based on Fiscal Year can only contain data for one year. Is this correct? The whole point is for FRx column specifications to reference a single Budget ID regardless of the Base fiscal year you are reporting on. Can someone provide GP Budgeting answers? Thanks. You can only have one budget associated with a particular Budget ID. If you want ...

Reprsent negative values in excel charts
Hi, Can someone help in how to reprsent the negative values in the chart and which is the best chart to represent it? What type of chart are you making? In a line, column, bar, XY, or area chart, the negative values are merely plotted on the other side of an axis. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "uha" <uha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166604B5-A331-4EE6-8010-D921C1EEA017@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Can someone help in how to reprsent t...

Money 2004: Error in Subtotals and Cash Flow Charts
On my Account List screen and in the charts on my Cash Flow screen, the subtotals for my checking, credit card, and investment accounts are shown as ridiculously large numbers (i.e. $268,991,640,696,311.71). When I check each account for beginning balances ($0) and all of the transactions in each account, I can't find anything that would be causing this. (The ending balances at the list of transactions in each account is correctly listed.) My currency is also correctly set to USD. Does anyone know where this huge number might be coming from? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money...

conditional format of data tables in charts
I've created a chart that is based on a data set where the cells have conditional formatting (if value a > value b then colour the cell red) I have the data table displayed with the chart (in chart options, 'show data table' is ticked), but the condtional formatting is not displayed in this table, i.e cells that are red in my original data set are not coloured in the chart table. Is there any way to apply the conditional format on the table displayed within the chart? Cheers Dan. Daniel, Unfortunately you can't apply conditional formating to data tables. However, yo...

FRx
Is there any way to import values to a column of FRx 6.7 report from excel/doc file? Thanks in Advance, Arun. You can't "import" data but you can include data from a spreadsheet in an FRx report. See Chapter 4 of the FRx Report Designer User's Guide. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Arun" wrote: > Is there any way to import values to a column of FRx 6.7 report from > excel/doc file? > > Thanks in Advance, > Arun. ...

Excel has stopped showing graphs on seperate chart tabs
All chart only worksheets appear as the vacant background (as if no file is open) yet the worksheet tabs are all visible. Charts embedded in a worksheet show OK. This applies to all files created or historic 97-2003 type files. What's causing it and what can I do? ...