MS Delete Links Addin (Wizard)

I need to delink charts from their source data before
posting the workbook on a network.  Each worksheet has 8
charts.  There are about 12 worksheets.  There are bar
charts and line charts.  The line charts have up to two
series of data each.  The Delete Links Addin does remove
the links from the bar charts and from the embedded (cell)
formulas.  But, although it 'sees' the links in the line
charts (they appear in the list as the wizard seeks
links), they are not eliminated.  These links remain after
processing.  Any Help or Ideas?

Thanks!!!  SEDK
0
anonymous (74722)

A macro like this ought to handle it, providing each series doesn't have
too many points:

Sub KillLinks
   Dim ws As Worksheet
   Dim ChtOb As ChartObject
   Dim srs As Series
     For Each ChtOb In ws.ChartObjects
       For Each srs in ChtOb.Chart.SeriesCollection
         .Values = .Values
         .XValues = .XValues
         .Name = .Name
       Next
     Next
   Next
End Sub

If your series have too many points (i.e., they need too many characters
to describe in the series formula), you can try the hints on this web page:

http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

SEDK wrote:
> I need to delink charts from their source data before
> posting the workbook on a network.  Each worksheet has 8
> charts.  There are about 12 worksheets.  There are bar
> charts and line charts.  The line charts have up to two
> series of data each.  The Delete Links Addin does remove
> the links from the bar charts and from the embedded (cell)
> formulas.  But, although it 'sees' the links in the line
> charts (they appear in the list as the wizard seeks
> links), they are not eliminated.  These links remain after
> processing.  Any Help or Ideas?
>
> Thanks!!!  SEDK

Thank you for the help.  I'm having trouble getting the
macro to run.  VBA doesn't like the .(dot)Values, etc.
without a With statement.  So I tried With srs/End With
before and after the .Value and .Name statements
respectively, but the values still couldn't be assigned.
I get "unable to set the Values property if the Series
class".  It seems like the connection between replacing
the series range with the values in that range isn't being
made.  I've tried various combinations of quotes and
parens on the right sides of the formulas, but no luck.
Any ideas?
SEDK

0
anonymous (74722)
11/4/2003 9:24:20 PM
Hi Jon,

I picked up what I needed to solve my first problem from
your site after sending my first reply.  The macro is
working except when values are percents.  Would you expect
a problem with percents?

Thank you for the help!  SEDK

0
anonymous (74722)
11/4/2003 9:52:27 PM
See, this is why I have to test it before I post it!  Here's the way it
should be:

Sub KillLinks
   Dim ws As Worksheet
   Dim ChtOb As ChartObject
   Dim srs As Series
     For Each ChtOb In ws.ChartObjects
       For Each srs in ChtOb.Chart.SeriesCollection
         With srs
           .Values = .Values
           .XValues = .XValues
           .Name = .Name
         End With
       Next
     Next
   Next
End Sub

I think I need a With Each...Next construction.

- Jon
-------

SEDK wrote:

> Thank you for the help.  I'm having trouble getting the
> macro to run.  VBA doesn't like the .(dot)Values, etc.
> without a With statement.  So I tried With srs/End With
> before and after the .Value and .Name statements
> respectively, but the values still couldn't be assigned.
> I get "unable to set the Values property if the Series
> class".  It seems like the connection between replacing
> the series range with the values in that range isn't being
> made.  I've tried various combinations of quotes and
> parens on the right sides of the formulas, but no luck.
> Any ideas?
> SEDK

Here's one reason why.  I just tested my corrected procedure with some
percentages, and what looked like 22.4% in the worksheet looked like
0.223606797749979 in the series formula.  17 characters to convey the
meaning of 5.  As I mentioned, the series formula has a limit in how
many characters can be used to represent XValues and Values, so you
might want to use my procedure on the Delink page I cited earlier to
truncate some of these excess digits.

I also noticed that the axis format changed from 0.0% to General (0.0 or
0.00).  So I've inserted a link to unlink the number format from the values:

Sub KillLinks()
   Dim ws As Worksheet
   Dim ChtOb As ChartObject
   Dim srs As Series
     For Each ChtOb In ws.ChartObjects
       '' Unlink number format from values
       ChtOb.Chart.Axes(xlValue).TickLabels.NumberFormatLinked = False

SEDK wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> I picked up what I needed to solve my first problem from
> your site after sending my first reply.  The macro is
> working except when values are percents.  Would you expect
> a problem with percents?
>
> Thank you for the help!  SEDK

Hi Jon,

I got swamped here and am just now getting back to this.
I solved the problem in the interim by writing a macro
that changed the charts to pictures.  I will now go for
making this fix.

I wanted to thank you so much for the help.  I really
appreciate it!

Sue

0
anonymous (74722)

Can I restore emails deleted from POP3 after I had setup outlook?
Can I restore emails deleted from POP3 after I had setup outlook? After setup I realized there is an option to retain new mail on the server, but all past emails have been deleted. ...

Linking Outlook fields from the "Contact Folder" to a custom form in Outlook...
Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help Desk form in Outlook. We would like the ability to link specific fields from the Contacts Folder (Example B), in a drop-down list box if possible. We are far from knowing that something like this is even possible. Would appreciate *any* suggestions. Thank you. ...

MS Money 2005 and the internet
Why does MS Money insist on connecting to the internet when you open a file? Can I make it not do this? What about users that aren't connected? A1) Apparently because Microsoft thinks Most Users Prefer(tm) it this way. A2) No that anybody knows of short of disabling the network. A3) It fails to connect. "pickle" <pickle@comcast.net> wrote in message news:SrKdnaq2IfCqKZvfRVn-pQ@comcast.com... > Why does MS Money insist on connecting to the internet when you open a > file? Can I make it not do this? > > What about users that aren't connected? > ...

MS Word 2001(for Mac) Error
Trying to resolve an issue where MS Word give a dialogue box saying that the document is "in use" although there is no other computer with it open. We restarted the computer, disabled our security software (FoolProof) and I have not been able to get the documents in question open. ...

Linking to generic Workbook
I have a script that automatically places info into a "generic" workbook. If I save that workbook the script will not work. Is it possible to link from this unsaved workbook to another one? How? Thanks for your response. Dzelnio ...

ms money trial, converting from quicken, missing categorie
i downloaded the ms money 2006 trial, and did the conversion from quicken 2005. all seems well. except i have 11,000+ transactions with missing categories i've tried removing all categories in money 2006 before the conversion, same number of transactions missing categories i've tried loading all the categories in money 2006, and doing the conversion. same number of transactions any help? this is definately a show stopper :-( jd In microsoft.public.money, john dekker wrote: >i downloaded the ms money 2006 trial, and did the conversion from quicken >2005. all seems wel...

Delete a class.
Hi, I have a simple question here... how can I remove a class in the Visual C++ workspace? I don't seem to be able to just hitting the delete key on the keyboard... Thanks. Leo > I have a simple question here... how can I remove a class in the Visual > C++ workspace? I don't seem to be able to just hitting the delete key on > the keyboard... Thanks. VC++ will read the Header/Source files to prorduce the Class tab list... So do... 1) delete the code can make the entry in the list in your cause delete the whole class in the header and it is gone from the class lis...

How do I delete a selection w/o having to confirm my deletion?
I keep getting a "Delete Yes/No" prompt on my task bar after highlighting text and then hitting the delete button. I then have to hit the Y key to tell it yes, I do want this deleted. It's an irritating extra step. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/UnableToDeleteText.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "ChiTown Reenie" <ChiTown Reenie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8551E9A4-251E-4E65-A646-B8389DFB956F@microsoft.com... >I keep getting a "Del...

Linking columns for auto fill
Can I link two columns to auto fill Column A when corresponding data is entered in Column B? In A1 enter =IF(B1="","",B1) Copy down column A as far as you wish. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:11:01 -0700, Daisy <Daisy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I link two columns to auto fill Column A when corresponding data is >entered in Column B? ...

Menu wont delete!
My application uses a CMDIFrameWnd to display documents. The documents are generated in a CMDIChildWnd object. The problem is the the MDI child (i think) is creating an extra menu on top which I dont need. I tried deleting the menu inside the OnCreate method, but it does not get rid of the menu. Here is how my application looks right now with two menus at the top. http://www.limefocus.net/screenshot4.jpg Here is a snippet of code that I used to delete the top menu: int CChildFrame::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { this->GetMenu()->DestroyMenu(); this->SetMenu(NUL...

Graph OLE Linked objects problem
I got error message from access2003 when I tried to open a Graph OLE Linked objects, the message is: Strategic Budget builder can't find the file containing the linked OLE object you tried to update using OLE/DDE links command. When I click "yes", the other message pop up: "You may have misspelled the file name, or the file may have been deleted or renamed. If the file has been moved to a different location, use the OLE/DDE Links command to change the source. Or delete the object, and create a new linked object." Tried to re-installed OFFICE2003, but it still do...

in MS EXCLE how we can protect only one cell?
plz do repl me soon Hi First select all of the cells in the Sheet>Format>Cells>Protection>remove the check mark form Locked. Next select the single cell you want to be locked>Format>Cells>protection>check Locked. Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet (optionally provide a password - remember to write it down somewhere of you do) -- Regards Roger Govier anu khan wrote: > plz do repl me soon EXCEL 2007 This assumes that you wish to protect cells D 83 to D 85. If you wish to protect just one cell replace D 83 to D 85 (below) with the cell ...

Entourage won't switch when MS office and messenger are already closed!
When using Entourage every once in a while while my husband and I switch our email acounts we get get a message to close all MS office programs including messenger. NONE of these programs are open! When I force close the program I still get the same message when I reopen it. I must restart my computer to fix this problem. Is this a bug? Any once else have this problem? On 1/31/07 5:19 PM, in article 1170292740.191794.90830@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, "aebaron@earthlink.net" <aebaron@earthlink.net> wrote: > When using Entourage every once in a while while my husband ...

Microsoft Publisher Wizard
can i downalod Microsoft Publisher Wizard without the installation CD? bigbumsm wrote: > can i downalod Microsoft Publisher Wizard without the installation CD? No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ ...

Deleting Rows With Criteria
Hi there, I have data in columns A to BS [numeric and words] I want to delete all rows that do not contain the word Stoke from column K. The word Stoke may be on it's own or in a sentence [of no more than 5 words]. Any suggestions, Thanks, Bob I'd suggest using Data, Filter, Advanced Filter to create a new list of just the stoke rows. In the Criteria box point to a range off somewhere (that you create) that has the same header label as column K and in the cell below this: *stoke* -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Bob Beard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Using Trebuchet MS Font : Bold and Italic not in Font Dialog
I've read that you should use the actual "bold variant" family of a font instead of just choosing "bold" (because the latter would just make it heavier and you might lose some definition/character). 1. Is this true? 2. When In use Trebuchet MS in Publisher or Word 2003 they don't show the bold or italic versions that are in the Font folder (Trebuchet MS Bold,etc.) Do they just automagically use the bold family when you bold something? And, if so (BONUS QUESTION) : is this better, the same, or worse "looking" than a font with a special different f...

MS Money 2005
I goofed and set up several inventory products as non-inventory products...is there hope to convert same? Eric A. Nicolaus ...

Delegation Wizard
I am preparing to install Cisco Unity with Exchange integration, but I am having problems delegaing the services accounts as "Exchange Administrator" when using the Delegation Wizard in the Exchange System Manager. Two years ago, when I upgraded Exchange 2003 from Exchange 5.5, the original Exchange Admin account went missing for no reason. So, right now, when I look at the current list of users who have Exchange administration privleges, only the BESAdmin (for Blackberry Enterprise Server) and a SID (for the missing Exchange Admin account as Exchange Full Administrator) are...

Data type on import wizard not active
Hi there, Hopefully, someone can help me with this. I'm using the importing an excel 2003 into access 2003. Using the import wizard to import the excel 2003 spreadsheet. everything is fine until i get to the field options: dialog box. The Data type drop down isn't active. What can i do to make this drop down option active. Thanks for your help This is a known issue for ACCESS 2002 SP3. This issue is described in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875252 There is a Hotfix available for ACCESS 2002 from Microsoft Technical Support for this problem. Descr...

Linking two subforms in a subform
Hello, I am trying to link two subforms that reside in one subform that resides on a main form page. mainform - frmContacts2 main subform- name: subfrmextensions1, source object: frmExtensions1 subform1 - name: subfrmEXT_FLS, source object: frmEXT_FLS subform2 - name: subfrmEXTFLS, source object: frmEXTFLS When trying to link the subform frmEXT_FLS and frmEXTFLS, the database does not recognize it. Here's what I put in the properties in frmEXTFLS. CHILD FIELDS: ID MASTER FIELDS: forms!frmContacts2!subfrmExtensions!subEXT_FLS!ID Does someone know what I did wrong here? Thanks! ...

How to Auto Post Contact Link to Appointment in OL2000....
I make appts from the Contact File which show up on Calendar but DO NOT a provide link back to Contact. =If I need Ph# or other info, I have to go back to Contacts DB and look it up, or (2) go to Contact Button on Appt Form, manually scroll through Contact DBase & create Link = very cumbersome. Surely there's a way via VBA or add-in that will AUTOMATICALLY CREATE LINK to Contact with any/all APPTS made from the Contacts Folder. thanx in advance tom ...

list links in new worksheet
I want to get a listing of all links in a new worksheet within th workbook - alternately I would like to get a list of all linked cells is there a way to do this? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Something like this post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40C12CE0.8E5E3F8C%40msn.com And no matter what you're doing with the links, get a copy of Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm "txbjones <" wrote: > > I want to get a listing of all links in a new worksheet within the > workbook - alternately...

Web Services access to MS-CRM by Java and http: post
I am trying to integrate MS-CRM with a number of non .NET based applications. While it's true that MS-CRM is based on a web services architecture, the only way I've been able to successfully integrate is by uilding .NET code using the Microsoft Proxy dll. Is there any third party integrator that simply takes all the Microsoft CRM objects and exposes them through standard SOAP calls or better yet, http posts? I want to be able to call alll of the MS-CRM objects from non .NET platforms without having to custom code every object. - Sterling This is a multi-part message in MIME forma...

Connecting to internet link in email
I've just started receiving the following message when trying to connect to a url that's included in a received email message in Outlook 2002: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I've recently installed Activesync and an iPAQ PDA and also mNOTES software to sync with Lotus Notes. Some additional PDA apps but nothing else of significance. I can't figure out where the option settings might be that's preventing me from linking to the internet from Outlook. Can anyone help? OL2002: Er...

MS Word vs MS Publisher
I like the way MS Publisher works. However, I noticed that MS Word seems to be preferred over MS Publisher in preparing manuscripts. Why is this so? Doesn't MS Publisher have what Word has plus more? Tom Thomas Minter wrote: > I like the way MS Publisher works. However, I noticed > that MS Word seems to be preferred over MS Publisher > in preparing manuscripts. Why is this so? Doesn't MS > Publisher have what Word has plus more? > > Tom ================================= Not the same...MS Word is a word processor and though Publisher has certain text options... it is...