Move chart in Excel from Access

I have code that creates a chart in Excel and moves that chart to a
certain sheet. This code works in my home Access 2003 (and Excel 2003),
but not from Access 2000 (and Excel 2000), which I need it to work from.
It just creates and leaves it in the existing "Sheet1." I want it to be
in the existing "ReportCharts." What could be wrong?

The line in question is
..ActiveChart.Location Whe=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="ReportCharts"

The library references seem to be intact in both versions. This is the
full section of code:

With objExcel
..Charts.Add
..ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=.Sheets("Chart
Data").Range("A" & intTitleRow & _
":M" & intCurYearRow), _
PlotBy:=xlRows

..ActiveChart.Location Whe=xlLocationAsObject,
Name:="ReportCharts"
With .ActiveChart
..HasTitle = True
..ChartTitle.Characters.Text = Years(i)
..Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True
..Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text =
"MONTH"
..Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True
..Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text = "COST"
..HasDataTable = False
End With
End With

--
justme0010

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

move cell contents

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Excel 2007

How do I use traffic lights in excel

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

Excel DNS query

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

Excel Problem

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Embedded Chart Versus Chart
I've created a class module to capture a Shift+Click on a pivot chart, which then opens the data associated with that point. It works great on pivot charts on their own sheet, but when I use the same code on an embedded chart, it fails (error code -2147417848). Everything seems to work fine, it derives the same row and column values as needed, but the ShowDetail property is unavailable in the embedded charts. Anyone have any insight? james Igoe || james.igoe@gmail.com || http://code.comparative-advantage.com I eventually solved my problem, simply using "On Error Resume Next&...

Accessing the same PST file from multiple WinXP Pro IDs
I am running a Windows NT 4.0 network with workstations with Windows XP Pro. One user has Outlook 2000 on his notebook. He has a profile to log on to the machine itself (i.e. not on the Windows NT domain) for when he's "on the road" and one for logging on to the NT network domain to use the printers and network facilities. On my personal notebook I have Office XP and I was able to configure Outlook's data files (Tools -> Options -> Mail Setup -> Data Files) so that I would access the same PST file under both profiles. I cannot figure out how/if this is poss...