Move bar chart to behind lines

I have a chart which holds a bar series and two line series. The bar
series is displayed behind the lines (ie, they are drawn across the
front of the bars) but I would prefer it if they were drawn behind the bars.

I have searched but have been unable to find a way to achieve this. Is
it possible?

control charts #2
Might some direct me to some good examples of control charts and or directions for creating. I have been asked to get up to speed on them and this is somehting new for me. Thanks Jon Peltier has information on creating them in EXCEL, http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html I'd suggest you do some reading on control charts from other sites. There should be something here that could help you. http://www.isixsigma.com/st/control_charts/ "Todd F." wrote: > Might some direct me to some good examples of control charts and or > directions for creatin...

All Task bars gone How do I get them back?
All of a sudden the other day everything at the top of my screen disappeared. I can load my word documents by searching my files and double clicking on the name but I can not Open a document inside word. I have never seen anything like this where all the buttons for using Word are gone. How do I get them back. http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm or http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP ...

Dynamic series in Chart
Guys, I have a spreadsheet with timestamps on col A, then Col B contains the values correspond to timestamps in ColA (Col C thru Col M are similar to Col B as well). I am trying to build a chart in function of time (meaning Values for the X axis would be B2..M2, and Y axis would be B3..M3 for the 1 series, then B3..M3 for the values in x-axis, and B4..M4 for Y axis, so on...). Number of rows is subject to change (time stamp entries), and I am only interested for the last 21 entries (if there is less than 21 entries, plot them all, otherwise, only plot the last 21 entries). For ...

Chart update automatically
Sometimes I start a data list to chart, create a chart then add data and the chart automatically updates as I add to the data list. The X axis grows with each entry. Other times, I do what I think is the same thing but the chart lays dormant. I actually have to manually update the series range. Nothing I do seems to make it "automatic". Is there a way to make any chart (new or existing) update automatically when dynamic data is involved? Hi, The chart will update automatically if, - you based the chart on a List (Table in xl2007) - created and used a dynamic named range - i...

lines in the corners
How do I get rid of lines that appear in the corner of the page when I print? In the print dialogue, Advanced Print Settings, Page settings tab, clear crop marks. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ComputerQuestion" <ComputerQuestion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62D4A5FC-678D-4DC7-81CE-529543E164CB@microsoft.com... > How do I get rid of lines that appear in the corner of the page when I print? ...

Moving Emails to a Public Folder
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 automatically forwarding anything sent to several email addresses to one public folder. The problem is that these items appear in the public folder with the "Posted To:" field, but not the "To:" field, so we don't know which email address it was sent to (without looking in the headers). When you reply, the original email in the body still only references the public folder "Posted To:" field, and not the email address it was originally sent to. Is there a way to change this behavior so the "To:" field is displayed? If not,...

Scrolling chart
http://www.andypope.info/charts/Scrolling.htm I am confused where the reference range SCROLL_DATA and SCROLL_LABELS are set. -- slamm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ slamm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15018 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382363 In Insert, Name, Define, (the normal place to find a named-range), an also read the Offset Worksheet function in Help for furthe explanation. Hope this help -- Bryan Hesse ---------------------------------------------...

Line-break in a cell without ALT-ENTER?
Is there a way to do this? I would like to make it so when the user hits "ENTER", it doesn't go to the next cell. I want it to just make a line-break in the cell. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could use a couple of macros, but before you do that, how would you really hit the enter key? I think I wouldn't really do this, but if had to, I'd remap the enter key from the numeric keyboard only. Then I could still use the QWER...

Tool bar anomaly

How do I stop axis titles from overlapping with negative chart da.
The negative bar charts overlap with the category titles. I've tried offset, but it won't let me move the text more than '1000' units, and it still overlaps. Hi, You can find an explanation here. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip002.htm Cheers Andy KarenNeedsHelp wrote: > The negative bar charts overlap with the category titles. I've tried offset, > but it won't let me move the text more than '1000' units, and it still > overlaps. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Karen - Double click on the category titles o...

xy Scatter chart #3
I will try to explain this to the best of my knowledge: I have a spreadsheet with some information that is set up like this: Example Risk Impact Probability Director Trls Med 3 1 Wrong Trips High 4 3 Upgrade JAX Low 1 1 These numbers are generated from a series of questions that determine wether the risk is a high, med, or low factor. So there is really no way of knowing what numbers determines a Low, Med, or High Risk The numbers will never go higher than a 4 and lower th...

Charting depending on criteria & data series name as a column val
I want to chart some prices as I want to take a look at price trends. My problems, and I can not figure out how to solve them, are: 1. Is it possible to dynamically change the chart depending on certain criteria (product family & selected customers) 2. As the number of customers is variable and they are in one of the columns. Is it possible to plot a series (customer name), depending on the name of a column? 3. I want to chart the data based on the date, but just include the dates available, to prevent periods of time showing no change (e.g. I don't want monthly ticks for the x a...

How do I add an indicator line to a Gantt chart in excel?
I have created a Gantt chart in Excel. I would like to indicate a specific date - most of the time today's date - by a vertical line showing how many days have passed and how many yet to go for specific tasks. I have attempted to create an 'XY graph' on top of the bar/Gantt chart, but the two do not seem to be compatible. Hi, See my examples of various ways of adding a datum line to a chart. I'm pretty sure one of the techniques should work for you. http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Steve wrote: > I have created a Gantt chart in Excel. I...

Outlook Shortcut Bar
How can I create a 'Grocery List' shortcut on the shortcut bar (left side of Outlook window) that will open a blank list similar to 'Tasks'? I can create the actual shortcut, but it's nothing but a duplicate of my 'Tasks' list named 'Grocery List'. I went into the 'Grocery List' list, selected all, and deleted 'em - and there went my entire 'Tasks' list, too. I'd also like to set up other shortcuts, like separate 'Tasks' for home and work, or 'Parts Inventory' (maybe linked directly to Excel). I can't...

Click on a Pie Chart
Hi, I'm pretty sure this isn't possible but..... I've been asked if it's possible to click (or double click) on a slice of a pie chart and jump to the data it represents (the same as you can in a pivot table). Many thanks Paul I can't speak for 2007, but I recall a few years ago I was looking at making a pie chart clickable to "drill down" in 2003, updating the pie chart to show the component measures of the wedge that was clicked on. It appeared to be possible using VBA, but then the project was terminated before it really started. I can&#...

Previous year data into chart
I currently have a whole table of data imported into Excel from Access. The only problem is, i cannot seem to import the data for the previous year using a query. With the data i would like to create a chart for the past 12 month, i.e the last 12 cells (as the data is taken monthly). Can i select data for the last 12 months that will remain the last 12 months even when the worksheet is refreshed every month? How my data looks: Date % Acknowledged % Investigated 09/2005 85 99 10/2005 ...

In-Line Graphics in Pub2002
I have a group of several objects that I want to float with text. The option to do this is grayed out when the objects are grouped, I have to ungroup the objects and float them separately. Is there any way around this? Thx Hi SLS (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have a group of several objects that I want to float || with text. The option to do this is grayed out when the || objects are grouped, I have to ungroup the objects and || float them separately. Is there any way around this? You could group the objects, Right Click on the group of ob...

Deleting Blank lines with VBA
Help I have a macro that runs multiple formulas. However, when the formulas are finished I am left with about 64000 blank lines. I am unable to insert a row on the worksheets as I get a Run-Time Error 1004 (Try to locate the last Nonblank Cell using CTRL-END). Here is a same of some of the formulas I am running ( the macro is very large). ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaI", RefersToR1C1:="=Trunks!R1C27" ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaJ", RefersToR1C1:="=Trunks!R1C28" ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaK&qu...

A SQL error has occurred. Going off line with Outlook CRM 4.
I have seen this in multiple workstations. Running the diagnostics, does not report any errors, however removing the temprary data under advenced fixes the problem by deleting the content of the off line database. The problem with this fix is that it may take up to 12 hours for some of our overseas employees to do their initial off line. When is SP1 due? ...

how to have my titles move down as i scroll down the page
hi what i want to do is have the top line of the exel sheet move down the page and stay in veiw so i can easily see which field i am currently woorking on. can anyone tell me how to do this? yours david Click on the last row of heading (or row 1 if there is just one row) Use Windows Freeze best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "DAVIDPEOVER" <DAVIDPEOVER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F17D28F-2A71-437B-BF81-AEEB9D880B15@microsoft.com... > hi what i want to do is have the top line of the exel sheet move...

Viewing multiple excell spreadsheets on the task bar
Why is it that when I have 3 or more excell spreadsheets open they are not all listed on my task bar the only way I can get to them is by going to the window button and selecting the one I want to see, I want to be able to ALT TAB between them and they are not listing them for me in the task bar only the current one I have open? Are you using XP? Sounds like that feature of XP which groups several windows of one application into one spot on the task bar. There may be a way to shut this off in taskbar properties. Click on the task bar and select properties. "Megan" wrote: ...

using picture on charts in exel 2002
After I updated to Exel 2002 the pictures I had displayed on a chart wall does not print properly... It looks fine on print preview but when you actually print it only show's a small portion of the picture... Before the update I had no problem... I have tryed every thing I know to make the correction.... Nothing has worked so far... Thanks The only thing that comes to mind is everyone's favorite whipping boy. Do your printer drivers need updating? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ jdishner...

Excel Charts in Word
I have a word report I need to do every month. The data and charts are in excel and the data changes monthly. How do I get the excel charts linked into a word document so that when I enter the new data in the excel spreadsheet that is automaitically updated in the report in the word docuemnt? Thanks Copy the Excel chart. In Word, use Edit menu > Paste Special, and select the Paste Link option. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Marc" <Marc@discussions.microso...

How do I create a donut chart in Excel
How can I import Outlook Calender months into Excel and create a donut chart? Can anybody help me? Thanks ...

How to enlarge stacked chart plot area
In most chart types, I can grab a corner and the chart will expand as I pull it. Not so with 100% stacked chart. How can I make it larger than 1/4 of the page? TIA Carole Is it a pivot chart? The inability to resize the plot area of pivot charts is yet another reason I rarely use them. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Carole O wrote: > In most chart types, I can grab a corner and the chart will expand as I pull > it. Not so with 100% stacked chart. How can I make it large...