move axes and axis labels behind data points on scatter chart

I'm working with a series of XY scatter charts that all pull data from the
same worksheet. They are all copied from the "original" scatter chart and
then just have the cell references changed so that the formatting stays
consistent across the series. (The charts will be shown sequentially and I
don't want anything changing other than the location of the data points.)

However, on some of the charts, the axis and/ or the axis label appers on
top/ in front of some of the data points and behind/ under other data points
(which is what I want - the axes and labels behind the data.)

What makes it really screwy is that this can happen within a single data
series where some points are in front of (hiding) the axis or the axis
labels, and other points in the same series are behind (partly hidden by) the
axis or the axis labels, so it doesn't appear to be a data series order issue.

Thanks in advance
0
Adrienne (11)

Restoring Outlook 2000 data
How can I restore my Outlook 2000 data (including Calendar, Contacts, Inbox, Sent Items and Tasks) when all the contents of the hard drive were backed up to another computer so the hard drive could be reformatted? The backups on the other computer do not include any .pst files. Dick Robinson since all outlook data is in the pst, you can't restore it unless you have a copy of the pst. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for a...

Moving Exchange 5.5 #2
I am having problems with my hardware and want to move Exchange onto another box. We currently have Exchange 5.5 sp4 running on Windows NT. I want to buy a new server and run Exchange 5.5 sp4 on Windows 2k. They will not let me upgrade the version of Exchange. Are there any white sheets or any links that could be suggested to handle this migration from an NT server to a W2k server? best way to do this is to bring up your new server, joining the site, then move all the mailboxes, and replicate all public folders...then see this article about removing the first server... http://support.microsof...

Charting with IF Statement
Hello, I have the following IF statement: =IF(SUM(F5:G5)=0,"",F5/SUM(F5:G5)*100) In charting this data, the "" is charted as a 0 instead of a blank. I want it to be a blank. Is there a way around this? Thanks, Bill The #N/A error is ignored by charts. =IF(SUM(F5:G5)=0,#N/A,F5/SUM(F5:G5)*100) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Bill" <bill@bpiconsulting.com> wrote in message news:ipbFe.9062$oZ.1106@newsrea...

scaling charts
I have data in a chart that ranges from a lower end of 1-200 and numbers that resume at 140,000 and continue on to 700,000. I would like to be able to show them so that the lower end numbers are still visible but show that the middle section (500 - 50,000) have been cropped from the image. Is this possible, or do I need to make separate charts and treat them as images in order to achieve this effect? Take a look at Jon Peltier's tips about a Broken Y Axis. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#Broken "alex" <alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

chart auto
Hello, i am studying statistics and i have something to do but i don't know. i want to make a work book which i entry a value every month, i want every month the bar chart which i have created to auto add the value of the new month. how can i set the properties in the bar chart like, every month of every year to have the same color (auto)? Thank you for your time ...

Move server between Admin Groups #2
We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move some exchange servers from one admin group to another. I know there is not a native way in Exchange 2003 to do this. Does anyone have ideas on how to accomplish this besides a swing server to the new Admin Group? Third party Software? Our environment is 2003 Forest functional and domain level. Exchange 2003 mixed mode. On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 14:16:23 -0500, "Tim Kalligonis" <tkalligonis@comcast.net> wrote: >We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move >so...

Line Chart;Linear Trend; What's the Math behind it
Hi, Do you know what the math is behind the Linear Trendline which results when right clicking on a line chart? Thanks, John -- John Whyte The "Linest" function in Excel help has an explanation. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "JohnW" <JohnW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message Hi, Do you know what the math is behind the Linear Trendline which results when right clicking on a line chart? Thanks, John -- John Whyte Thanks, Jim. I did try help but I was search...

Cannot Edit Charts in PPT2007
Problem: I cannot edit Charts after they are created and save. When I click on the Edit for the chart, task manager indicates the EXCEL.EXE task is launched, but the worksheet does not appear. When creating a new presentation and a new chart, everything works the way it should. After saving the presentation, Its broken? This must be some sort of Registry setting, I've re-installed Office 2007 Standard, run Diagnostics, all to no avail. The Same saved presentation works properly on another PCs Powerpoint 2007 in the same office. Have you installed SP2 for Office 2007? -- ...

Copying of non-consecutive, columnar data into consecutive-columnar cells
Hi: I have data located at a1:a9, then a:10 is blank; then, I have 9 more lines of data from a11:a19, and a20 is blank... a1, a11, a21...are all the texts/numbers that I want printed on a different page. But here's the catch: I'd like to print it at locations a1, a2, a3... Specifically, the data that I have appears like this on THIS IS ON SHEET 1: A1: prefix: Mr A2: emailAddress: john.smith@1.com A3: firstName: John A4: lastName: Smith A5: company: ABC Company A6: A7: prefix: Mrs A8: emailAddress: kim.davids@2.com A9: firstName: Kim A10: lastName: Davids A11: company: X...

primary & secondary axis
How do you space the primary and secondary axis equally. I've been fooling around with "Format Data Series>Options", but I can't get them equally spaced and with the same size. Is there something I'm missing or is Excel 2000 just trying to intimidate me???? Connie What to you mean by 'equally spaced' Same range (Max1=max2, Min1=Min2) ? Same interval between gridline? Tell us more -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Connie Martin" <ConnieMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

invisible listbox data
I have developed software in Acces XP that is distributed to two different locations and I have noticed some odd behaviour at one of the locations. Sometimes the data in listboxes or combo boxes is invisible. The data IS PRESENT because you can select and use the records as before (although you can't see which ones you're selecting). The combo boxes are poplulated and have the correct dropdown length for the records one would expect. The listboxes have scroll bars where one would expect a scrollbar and multiselcetion is possible where apropriate. I have played around with th...

how do i read directly off of a chart
i've set up a callibration curve in excel, I have experimental x values and want to obtain the corresponding y values without using FORECAST, TREND tec. any ideas? Mark - Search the newsgroup archives for 'interpolate' http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search or if you want to try to match the smoothed curve Excel draws arbitrarily through points, google the groups for 'Dave Braden' and 'cubic spline', or go to Brian Murphy's site, and look for the Excel Stuff link, which includes a treatment of the bezier function used by Excel to draw this curve:...

create a letter with the data fron work sheet
i have a data sheet for the order.like people order staff lik tea,coffee...etc,i ve data including date,name,department,.....etc. when i put the data i want a letter format which picks up the data fro the sheet then i can send it to the person who made the order as confirmatino letter. like it the letter starts dear "......"(it could pick the name fro c1) also how can i create this letter? does it have to be in excel ?? help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!:( :( :( : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com As answered in microsoft.public.excel and microsoft.public....

Data Analysis P-Charts
How do you create p-charts using upper control limits (UCL) and lower contril limits (LCL) using the standard deviation..? A p-chart is just a line chart. You can indicate the control limits with added lines, per the examples here: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine I would use the point-and-error-bar method, with the point to the right of the chart, and use a "Show Values" data label on the points. I also have a poorly documented Dynamic Control Chart on my site that you might be able to hack to meet your needs: http://www.geocities....

how to import data from outlook express for mac
Hello, I'm changing my net from macintosh to windows xp, and I was wondering how to import all the data (messages, contacts, etc) from outlook express for macintosh to outlook express or outlook 2002 on my windows xp I have the outlook express macintosh files, but I can't import any data. Maybe I have to do another step before... Any idea? Thank you Xavi ...

cross hatching and pie chart
I have two excel questions: First one is about cross hatching:I am using asp to do cross hatching but there is a problem when the two hatchings overlap.One hatch stays behind the other: http://www.imlab.psu.edu/forest/gr.gif is there a way to make the hatches transperant? My second question is about pie charts: I am also displaying pie charts to the user via asp. I want to get rid of the black box around the pie chart: http://www.imlab.psu.edu/thesis/1.gif or make the chart pie itself larger in the box,is there a way to do this? Is there a way to display the CategoryName instead of the percen...

Match data
I have some data I need to have returned if it matches something else. The data pictured below is in worksheet 2. In cell A2 of worksheet 1 is 153. The returned value would be No because below is a Yes and a No. If there is a No anywhere in this list, the result should be No. The result for 156 would be Yes because that is the only option in the data below. The result for 203 would be No because it is listed regardless of whether or not there is a Yes listed for that one. 153 Yes 156 Yes 153 No 153 No 201 No 156 Yes 203 No 203 Yes I need the "No" as...

Check if data has already been formatted.
Hello, I have a sub() as part of a larger set of macros. This particular sub() will take the raw data pulled from an in-house reporting system and format it to suit our needs (adding a couple of columns with formulas to facilitate pivot table creation). This is the code as I have it so far: Sub FormatData() Application.ScreenUpdating = False ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False ' Declarations Dim DataWks As Worksheet Dim LastRow As Long Dim LastCol As Long ' Set the DataWks variable Set DataWks = Worksheets("Data") ...

repaired ext hd
I recently had an external hard drive fail. Sometimes it showed up under my computer and other times not. Did not show up in disk management. Tried on another pc - nogo. So.... I sent drive off for data recovery and received email from comp that said: A. Media evaluation results overview * The file system was structurally damaged preventing access to the data. The file system has been repaired to point to the file data. Can anyone tell me what that means? Is there a way i could "repoint" to data? Thanks. patti On May 5, 7:20=A0pm, patti <pa...@discussions.m...

What are the different methods of representing numerical data?
Can someone answer my questions "What are the different methods of representing numerical data"? "Excel Problem" wrote: > Can someone answer my questions "What are the > different methods of representing numerical data"? Sounds like a test question. What's the context? Is it asking about numerical formats? Or is it asking about date v. time v. other numerical data? (Which really is not "different methods" per se. All are floating-point aka real numbers. But the test might be asking for the specifics of date and time rep...

Chart Object and Worksheet Object
What are the difference? I insert a Excel chart into PPT by Insert>object>create from file>[browse]... It always comes out as a worksheet object whether I get a chart of the data. Whereas, Edit>Paste special method clearly differenciate a chart object from a worksheet object. I know I could convert to either way but any difference? In article <CE92D095-8E17-4AD4-85B9-317AC15A13BF@microsoft.com>, Win wrote: > What are the difference? > > I insert a Excel chart into PPT by Insert>object>create from file>[browse]... As I suggested earlier...

Moving from Home & Student to Full version of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need Exchange support and therefore I am planning to buy the Full version of MS Office 2008 for Mac. I already purchased and installed (and have been using) MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. My questions are: 1. Should I uninstall the Home & Student edition before installing the Full version? (I assume so). 2. How do I make sure that the data I have already created in Office 2008 Home & Student edition will be available to me after installing the Full version? In particular, how do I make sure that ...

1 Chart