more symbols in chart

I need to chart an experiment data for 28 monkeys. I
wanted to use a separate symbol for each monkey. I am
limited to black and white only, so I can't use multiple
colors.
I am experimenting on changing white, black for back
ground color, fore color, to make a distinct symbol for
each monkey. Does any body know how do we get more symbols
on the chart?
Thanks in advance for any help,
sheela

0
anonymous (74722)

Jon Peltier has instructions for Custom series markers:

   http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomSeriesFormatting.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Charting Date Intervals
Is it possible to create a chart showing the duration of various projects in a calendar-type format? For example, Project A begins 01/15/04 and ends 02/29/04; Project B begins 02/15/04 and ends 03/15/04; etc. The ideal would be to show Jan-Dec on the X axis with the name and duration of each project represented by (preferably) bars. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Jaycee Jaycee - I've amassed a list of links to Excel Gantt Chart resources: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.ge...

Charting macro for creating multiple charts on multiple sheets
I have a 26 workbooks with about 100 worksheets for tracking stocks. It is in the form of a table. It has date, open, low, high, close volume, and adjusted close for the headers. Each worksheet is named after the stock ticker name such as ATT. I am trying to create a macro which will go through each sheet from a list in column C of a sheet called Insurt and create 3 charts on each sheet. One with the prices and dates excluding the volume for the entire table, approximately 1500 rows. The second chart is for 250 rows, approximately 1 year, and the third chart is for 50 rows, approximately 3 mon...

Add addional data on top of bar chart data
How do I add a dotted/shaded stack on top of an existing one. Ex: I have 2 stacks that represent revenue shipped in each of 4 Quarters . Then in the next quarter I have revenue shipped to date. Now I need to add projected revenue to ship on top of the shipped data in this 1 Quarter only. The bottom data ( shipped to date ) is a solid color, and I need to be able to show the projected data on top either shaded or in some other method so you can see the shipped to date with the projected in top clearly. ...

Can I make my own picture into a symbol for use in word/excel?
I created some graphics that I want to insert as symbols (half circle, quarter circle, full circle - pie charts). How can I turn into symbols that can be added to the autocorrect feature on word? Insert the picture into a document. Right-click the picture and make sure to specify the Text Wrapping that you want. Select the picture and then display the AutoCorrect dialog box (in Word 2007, click Office button | Word Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect Options). In the "Replace" box, type whatever key combinations should trigger the AutoCorrection. At "With," be ...

Can I use format painter (or F4) in a chart?
For example, I want to change the colour of the chart, the background and the legend on several charts - all to one new colour. Is there a quick way to copy a format, like a colour or a font type/size? I have found a workaround to my own problem, it works fairly well. I used the arrow keys to move between chart elements and when the one I wanted was selected I could click on the fill colour quite quickly. Not as good as format painter but will do for now! "Artemis" wrote: > For example, I want to change the colour of the chart, the background and the > legend on severa...

HOw do I seperate a legend from its chart?
This question was also asked in 2006, but the answer was quite a bit of a workaround and I am hoping someone might have worked it out by now, I have Excel 2003. Basically I have a chart with a large amount of data that I need to present in a report. I want to show the chart and the legend, but as the legend is so large it skews the image. Is there anyway to seperate these (without doing a cut and paste job in paint), so that I can place them in a word document? Would like to keep it somehow all linked. Hope this makes sense, thanks Michael Hi Michael, This might not be very elegant, ...

Exporting charts to Illustrator
Is there a trick to exporting charts to Adobe Illustrator 10.0? I have no problem simply copying and pasting them into Photoshop, but Illustrator, though it seems to recognize an object on the clipboard, does not respond to the "paste" command. Is is neccessary to save the chart as a PDF first? I don't have Illustrator on this machine, but you could try the following method, from a post by Jon Peltier: http://groups.google.com/groups?&selm=3F8C1DB9.4050203%40yahoo.com '============================== You can copy the chart as a picture in Excel: hold down Shift wh...

Automatically Update Chart(s) with new data.
I have charts which [I want to] automatically display a rolling 30 days of data. I want the new day's data to be the right column and the oldest day (31 days ago) to fall off the left side. How do I do this? Jon Peltier has a nice description of how to do that here http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html HTH, Barb Reinhardt "Merlyn" wrote: > I have charts which [I want to] automatically display a rolling 30 days of > data. I want the new day's data to be the right column and the oldest day > (31 days ago) to fall off the left side. >...

Excel 2007, log chart issue
I'm trying to put together a piece of code in Excel, to be called by an external application to regenerate graphs. The offending code is this: ActiveChart.PlotVisibleOnly = True ActiveChart.DisplayBlanksAs = xlNotPlotted ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue).ScaleType = xlLogarithmic The process fails when trying to set the scaletype to logarithmic, claiming that negative or zero values cannot be plotted. There are no negative or zero values in the data series but there are a number of blank cells. This works perfectly in Excel 2003 but Excel 2007 throws errors. This is really doing...

Can I keep the bubbles in my bubble chart from overlapping?
I'd like to create a bubble chart in which the bubbles don't overlap. I have 15 data points I need to include, and bubbles seem to be the only 3-variable chart available (I wish I could do bars where the bar width was linked to a 3rd variable - that possible?). Currently, the smaller bubbles are fine, but the larger data points are overlapping and even covering up some of the smaller ones right next to them. If you sort your data high to low, at least the smaller bubbles will be drawn on top of the larger ones, so they will not be completely obscured. - Jon ------- Jon Peltie...

How do I add a unique data label to each point in a bubble chart?
Use one of these free Excel utilities: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Wallkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Bryan" <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F83D77D0-96A3-47E0-81F1-F7F295832DDB@microsoft.com... > ...

Can I generate the excel chart with out opening the excel instance?
Hi Friends, I have one doubt in excel chart. Can i generate the excel chart with out opening the excel instance? I mean in my server system there is no ms office excel. We cannot install it in server. because some license, security problem. I have to create a excel chart dynamically. After user can download it from their client system. So Can i generate the excel chart with out opening the excel instance? And excel instance has concurrent issue. At same time two more instance is not running. Pls give valuable solution. Thanks Ram kumar. -- ramkumar_cpt -----------------------------...

I want the bar chart with customer selected colors, green color f.
I want to create a bar chart with the following spec. the first bar with green color the 2nd bar with blue color the 3rd and beyond with red color Select the chart Right-click on a bar, and choose Format Data Series On the Patterns tab, select an Area colour Click OK junminliu wrote: > I want to create a bar chart with the following spec. > > the first bar with green color > > the 2nd bar with blue color > > the 3rd and beyond with red color -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html An option would be to set th...

Insert symbol in Microsoft Word Document
I no longer have the option to insert a symbol when I use the pull down menu under 'Insert'. Please if you know how I can fix this let me know. I have Microsoft Office 2000. This is the wrong forum for this question -n try a Word forum >-----Original Message----- >I no longer have the option to insert a symbol when I use >the pull down menu under 'Insert'. Please if you know how >I can fix this let me know. I have Microsoft Office 2000. >. > ...

How can I combine a stacked bar chart with stacked colum chart?
I have created a Stacked column graph showing 5 layers of amount, within each layer, the amounts is shared between 3 parties in different proportions, I was the graph to show the different proportion between the parties in each layer - i.e. like creating bar chart in each layer or a pie chart effect in each layer ( or stacked column), is this possible to achieve? Perhaps this is what you want: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=508 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ ...

Charts are Shrinking
I have several charts on a worksheet. If I edit the plot area on one (resize it) and save/exit the file, the plot area of every chart, including the one I resized, SHRINKS the next time I open the file!! In fact, if I repeat the process, the plot areas of the charts that have shrunk already will shrink even more - to the point of being unreadable. Any solutions? TORguy I am experiencing the same problem. any luck anywhere else in solving this problem? "TORguy" wrote: > I have several charts on a worksheet. If I edit the plot area on one (resize > it) an...

Chart View
Is it possible to have several charts on one sheet and have the chart be viewed like thumbnail view (or just a smaller version of the chart) and all you have to do is click on the chart you want to open up or zoom in and it will make the chart legible. That's an interesting idea. Here's one way I just tested and like because it involves no programming. Create a chart of interest. Put it on a worksheet. Enlarge it so that it is the 'zoomed in' version. Select the cells beneath the chart. Copy. Switch to the worksheet that will serve as the index. Select Edit | ...

conditional formating in charts
i is there a way to add conditional formatting to a line graph so that if it goes up, that part of the line turns blue, and if it goes down, that part turns red? i'm tired of doing this manually. thanks much, stephen Hi see: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart2 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pringles." <Pringles@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B920F66C-FB31-46DB-9437-4BA427C496D8@microsoft.com... > i is there a way to add conditional forma...

cannot view chart created in excel 2003 in excel 2007
we had just purchase a new computer with office 2007. The problem is that whenever we wanted to view our previous report that had graphs and chart in it (created using excel 2003) using the excel 2007 the graph or chart cannot be viewed. but if it just containing text and table then there is no problem. how can we overcome this problems? ...

cant read my excel, its just jumble of numbers and symbols!!!help!
Hi, I am trying to download a manual from the internet but when i do it just downloads into jumbles of letters, symbols and numbers. I know its probably easy to fix but I just cant seem to hit the right button. I hope someone can help me Thanks "Gypsy33" <Gypsy33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58B8C604-18C9-4C58-829F-0D6245932A89@microsoft.com... > Hi, I am trying to download a manual from the internet but when i do it > just > downloads into jumbles of letters, symbols and numbers. I know its > probably > easy to fix but I just cant see...

Can I Merge Card Symbols (Clubs, Diamonds, etc) with a Font that doesn't have them
I am trying to output text that contains the card symbols for clubs, diamonds, hearts and spades. The are in the Unicode sequence as \x2660,\x2661, etc, My app is a VS.NET 2005 newly created project and TCHAR is defaulting to two bytes. In a CListCtrl I draw the lines of text but the card symbols show up as empty little squares. I have a font picker for the list and it appears that the default font when the app starts up is Tahoma! If I change the font used by the list control to Arial, then the card symbols appear correctly, so I assume that the Tahoma doesn't have the card sy...

do not show zeros in pivot chart (pie chart)
Is there anyway to suppress the zeros in a pivot chart? My pivot table shows activities for many different queues, and sometimes a particular queue won't have a value for an activity that another queue has. When i chart just this queue, the activity shows up as 0%. I don't want to delete the label, because then when i change to another queue that DID have that activity, the value won't show up. Any thoughts? thanks! ~klp On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, klp <klp@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >Is there anyway to suppress the zeros in a pi...

Use CountIf() with symbols
I have a column were I insert certain symbols, for example X, and I need to count how many of each symbol I have. I cannot use "X" in criteria, as Excel doesn't recognize this as the X symbol. How can I solve this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Emece.- Have you enclosed the X in quotes in your formula? =Countif(c1:C100,"X") -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------------------------------------...

Autofill Charting Help
I have 581 points of data that were tested over 30 hours. I only know the first test result (0 hours) and the last test result (28.9 hours). Is there a way to auto-fill the 498 fields in between? Also, I would like the X axis to display in 2 hour increments. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Donald Franklin wrote: > I have 581 points of data that were tested over 30 hours. I only know > the first test result (0 hours) and the last test result (28.9 > hours). Is there a way to auto-fill the 498 fields in between? Also, > I would like the X axis to display in 2 hour increment...

charts #9
Hi, I need some help creating a chart with two lines and one column. I have already created a Line - column on 2 axis, but i cannot figure out how to do 2 lines with 1 column on the same chart. An example of data i need charted: Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 volume(units) 100 200 250 300 price1($) 10.00 11.00 11.25 11.45 price2($) 11.00 10.80 10.65 From this data i already have the volume and price1, but when i try to add price2 the data for price1 doesn't remain a line. Can anyone help? thanks... ...