Modifing data to show up better in chart.

My Y1 axis is from 0-250 my Y2 axis is from 0-9000
When graphing percentages the line shows up at the very bottom since 99% < 1
is there a way I can multiply these percentages by 100 to show them as 9900%
= 99

Normally you would just make then a 2nd axis but as you can see I already
have a second axis of 0-9000
0
MikePunko (14)

In article <A9E6F75B-7307-4291-BC7D-729F9DF88D50@microsoft.com>,
MikePunko@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> My Y1 axis is from 0-250 my Y2 axis is from 0-9000
> When graphing percentages the line shows up at the very bottom since 99% < 1
> is there a way I can multiply these percentages by 100 to show them as 9900%
> = 99
>
> Normally you would just make then a 2nd axis but as you can see I already
> have a second axis of 0-9000

In some empty column add a formula =100*{original data} and plot this
new column.  Though, I suspect you will have to use a multiplier
significantly larger than 100 if that series is on the Y2 axis. ;-)

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions
How do I use the article number you referenced in your reply.

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

> In article <A9E6F75B-7307-4291-BC7D-729F9DF88D50@microsoft.com>,
> MikePunko@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> > My Y1 axis is from 0-250 my Y2 axis is from 0-9000
> > When graphing percentages the line shows up at the very bottom since 99% < 1
> > is there a way I can multiply these percentages by 100 to show them as 9900%
> > = 99
> >
> > Normally you would just make then a 2nd axis but as you can see I already
> > have a second axis of 0-9000
> >
> In some empty column add a formula =100*{original data} and plot this
> new column.  Though, I suspect you will have to use a multiplier
> significantly larger than 100 if that series is on the Y2 axis. ;-)
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Tushar Mehta
> www.tushar-mehta.com
> Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
> Custom MS Office productivity solutions

0
Dan4650 (795)
8/18/2005 11:04:03 PM
What article number?

--

In article <6D0BF7F2-5751-4454-8844-A90CDEF6852D@microsoft.com>,
Dan@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> How do I use the article number you referenced in your reply.
>
> "Tushar Mehta" wrote:
>
> > In article <A9E6F75B-7307-4291-BC7D-729F9DF88D50@microsoft.com>,
> > MikePunko@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> > > My Y1 axis is from 0-250 my Y2 axis is from 0-9000
> > > When graphing percentages the line shows up at the very bottom since 99% < 1
> > > is there a way I can multiply these percentages by 100 to show them as 9900%
> > > = 99
> > >
> > > Normally you would just make then a 2nd axis but as you can see I already
> > > have a second axis of 0-9000
> > >
> > In some empty column add a formula =100*{original data} and plot this
> > new column.  Though, I suspect you will have to use a multiplier
> > significantly larger than 100 if that series is on the Y2 axis. ;-)
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Tushar Mehta
> > www.tushar-mehta.com
> > Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
> > Custom MS Office productivity solutions

Thanks Tushar right after I read your reply I gentle....but agresivly hit my
head agianst the wall. lol

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

> In article <A9E6F75B-7307-4291-BC7D-729F9DF88D50@microsoft.com>,
> MikePunko@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> > My Y1 axis is from 0-250 my Y2 axis is from 0-9000
> > When graphing percentages the line shows up at the very bottom since 99% < 1
> > is there a way I can multiply these percentages by 100 to show them as 9900%
> > = 99
> >
> > Normally you would just make then a 2nd axis but as you can see I already
> > have a second axis of 0-9000
> >
> In some empty column add a formula =100*{original data} and plot this
> new column.  Though, I suspect you will have to use a multiplier
> significantly larger than 100 if that series is on the Y2 axis. ;-)
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Tushar Mehta
> www.tushar-mehta.com
> Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
> Custom MS Office productivity solutions

0
MikePunko (14)
8/22/2005 5:45:57 PM
In article <AAEC0839-78EE-472F-B425-7CEB82AA0368@microsoft.com>,
MikePunko@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Thanks Tushar right after I read your reply I gentle....but agresivly hit my
> head agianst the wall. lol

You are welcome and don't be too hard on yourself.  All of us have such
days. {grin}

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

Data Series Labels in Area Chart
Hello- I'm trying to create a combination chart; one data series in an area chart, and three in line format. Got the chart created, but the data series labels for the area chart show up in the middle of the area, which looks awkward. Is there anyway to move them closer to the top edge of the area plot? I don't seem to find any options for moving the labels in an area chart. Hi, The data labels for the area series have no options for alignment. Add another line series to the chart based on the area data. This has the options to align data labels. You can format the line seri...

Copy Pivot Chart
Does anyone know how to copy a pivot chart and paste only its values? You can copy/paste special/value as you would any other cell values. However, you need to navigate from "edit" on the tool bar. These options are not available for a pivot table via the right click. "TK" wrote: > Does anyone know how to copy a pivot chart and paste only its values? ...

Retrieving Data from a Column / Row to populate a cell
I currently have data supplied to me in an Excel spreadsheet that I to transfer manually I would like this to populate a cell reference, the problem I have is that I cannot gather a train of thought to obtain the data from from a specific row/column. There is a sample of the data supplied to me below Name In Out Int Greg 165 108 29 09 July 2003 42 34 9 14 July 2003 44 19 4 16 July 2003 40 40 8 17 July 2003 39 15 8 Andrew 125 43 9 1...

The data in my form is changing after the status is closed
I have a form which is based on a query for invoicing. I have some client who have been invoiced for their service and not their status is closed. If this person returns as a client and I set the new contract year and I go to the invoicing form to invoice for their new serivce the prior year contract year information for the service which has already been closed is no longer there. I want to keep this data as read only, but still be able to add new information. ...

How do I add a data series in a combination chart in PPT 2003?
I have a combination bar/line chart showing gross revenues and passengers by month over a 3-year period. The gross revenues are bars on the primary y-axis and passengers are lines on the secondary y-axis. I am trying to add gross revenues and passengers for CY2010. I am able to add a data series for the passengers, but when I try to add a data series for the gross revenues, the chart treats it as a series on the secondary axis as a line. How do I add the series as a bar on the primary axis, or alternatively, change the series from a line on the secondary axis to a bar on th...

Showing one figure as a proportion of another in a bar graph
Hi, I have a table with three lines for every month of the year: one line showing the total we billed in the month, the other showing our total expenditure and a final showing profit. I want to use the table to create a bar graph that for each month shows the total billed and the the total paid out in the same bar. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks Karl Hi Karl, Sounds like what you want is a Stacked Column chart. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Karl" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a table with three lines for every month of the year: one line > showing th...

Org Charts
I have 5 people that report to the same person and currently they all show on the same row, the owner of the company wants the 3 VPs to show directly underneath him but the remaining two to have their line drop down lower than the 3 VP's. IS there a way to do this? Everytime I try it just makes the box bigger for all of them. Hi, Are you doing this in Excel? Which version? Which tool the Diagram tool or the AutoShapes tools? -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "rgoldberg" wrote: > I have 5 people that report to the same person and currently they all show on > the sam...

formatting or moving a radar chart's axis labels
I am attempting to change the orientation of a radar chart's axis labels. Its orientation seems locked in place immediately to the left of the 360=B0 gridline. I would like the ability to display the axis labels directly over the range rings and along other gridlines, such as 180=B0 or 270=B0. With other charts, the formatting option allows one to select "high", "low", or "next to axis" to change the position of the axis. This maneuver seems to have no affect whatsoever on a radar chart. As a final resort, I suppose I could turn the axis labels off...

Business Portal page modification
I created a new page in business portal with 3 columns and included the "link" webpart in the 3 columns, the idea being that I can define links to various documents on my network in these 3 columns. The issue is that the 3 columns are identical. If I define a link in column 1, the link shows up in columns 2 and 3. I see there with shared document webpart too. What can I do so that I can define different documents in each of the columns. Hi Jack, Personally, I would create three separate document libraries and then specify those webparts for each of the three columns of y...

Naming a chart object
When charts are created they are named "chart 1", "chart 2", and so on I need to name a chart in order to update it from vba, but when select the chart I cannot click in the name box? Help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi martinu, To rename a chart, hold the shift key down and select the chart. This selects the chart object instead of the chart area. You can then rename as usual. -- Ed Ferrero http://edferrero.m6.net Thanks Ed, so simple when you know how. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

merged cells and creating charts
I have tried to create a chart with data that is in merged cells where I have put in a formula to calculate the average of 4 cells in the row above. When I create the chart, it recognizes all 4 of the merged cells. So the graph has 4 spaces for the data for each number I am trying to plot. I just got 2007 version and do not recall this problem at all in 2003 version Merged cells are to be avoided at all costs. They can be used for column heading but for little else. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Troubled...

Chart disappears in Excel 2000 after scale is changed
When the scale of the chart is changed, the chart disappears. The chart and its data are on the same worksheet. ...

Prevent cells with no value from being plotted on chart
I have a chart based on cells that are the result of a calculation. The cells show empty if the data used for the calculation is not yet available (future data). As a result, as my chart shows the whole year, the line drops and remains to zero after the last available set of data. Excel will let me prevent an empty cell of being plotted but since there is a fornmula is the cell, it is not considered empty, and therefore displayed. How can I prevent these cells to be plotted on the chart? Thanks Vince You can use an IF formula with NA(). For example: =IF(B2="",NA(),B...

Adding Lines Onto Charts #2
Hi, Thanks for the reply, Unfortunatley, this technique wont work with the way I have the graph laid out. It wipes out the layout of the bottom axis. Does anyone have any other idea's please? Thanks in advance Darrell... -- q582gmzh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- q582gmzhi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1136 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26950 Hi, You can use an additional data series with error bars to draw the dividers. Using you example workbook put t...

How do I clear the formating of the area OUTSIDE my chart on my w.

Logarithmic charts
How should the data be entered in a logarithmic chart. I want the log data entries to be on the left and the other data to be displyed on the bottom. My chart will give a logarithmic resistance vs RH. I have tried to list the data by columns left to right first the resistance then thRH for 4 different series. It just doesn,t look right and I cannot change anything easily. Are there any sources for making charts in excel ,especialy Logarithmic ones? Thanks for any help? Hi Ed, In A1:A10 enter your resistance values (the x-values) In B2:B10 enter the RH (meaning?) values (the y-values) Sel...

2axis chart
Hi, I have a tricky chart I want to make. So far it looks okay, but I have a problem that I hope is fixable. I have 5 data series that I want to represent in a graph with 2 axis. I want to use the stacked column type of graph putting 2 series each in one column. ie series = Actuals1, Actuals2, Budget1, Budget2, Last years totals. I want 1 stack showing Actuals1 & Actuals2 together, another showing Budget1 & Budget2 together and a line showing last years totals(I'd prefer another seperate bar for this on it's own, but can figure out how to do this). So far I have got...

repeat data as seperate tables
Hi, Does anyone have a solution for a problem i'm strugling with? I would like to repeat some data from a collection of objects. Using a DataList while generate 1 table as a result. However, I would the output to be a seperate table for each repeated item. Can this be done? Thanx John On Nov 26, 1:27=A0pm, "John Devlon" <johndev...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone have a solution for a problem i'm strugling with? > > I would like to repeat some data from a collection of objects. > Using a DataList while genera...

pivot table issue -- putting data of the same code on diff lines
i have an issue with excel that is very hurtfu i'll put together a table with say the first column having a range of dates or perhaps keyword second column would have product codes (often repeating product codes referring to a different column one date or keyword third column would have numbers as in number of cases sol then i'll make a pivot tabl and items that have different column a values but like column b values appear on different row THIS DRIVES ME INSANE PLEASE HELP ME ...

How to create chart basic
How to create a scatter chart with spread sheet below. The x axis may be location and Y axis are lot name Lot value location A 3 1 A 4 2 A 5 3 B 6 1 B 4 2 B 2 3 C 5 1 C 6 2 C 8 3 D 4 1 D 9 2 D 5 3 Daniel, Highlight the whole chart of data. Select the Chart Wizard on the top of Excel screen. Select the scatter plot. Data should be "rows" not "columns". Select the "Series" tab. "Name:" ="A" "X Values:" =Sheet1!$B$2:$B$4 "Y Values:" =Sheet1!$C$2:$C$4 This assumes that your data is in column A thru C, Lot in A1, value in ...

make chart based on equation
How can I make an excel chart based on an equation? On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I make an excel chart based on an equation? Your equation will be in the form y=f(x). Create two columns, one of which is filled with values of x, and the other filled with copies of the equation f as an Excel formula, referring to the x values. Now make an XY Chart using these two columns. -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- ...

merge multilple data values
how would I merge multilple data values: in seperate columns as: js-1234 to .jpg Thanks Hi Jennifer, ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Jennifer, Try using =(A1&B1) where A1 and B1 are the cells where your data sits ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ X-No-Archive: yes "Jennifer Burnel" <jenny@...

Problem in saving data in the customized case entity
Hi all, We have a Customized Case Entity in CRM 3.0 about a Patient ,with each case having detailed information like history,insurance,case contacts,Schedules etc On Visit Schedules, we have attributes like order shipped date and fax order received etc. when I enter the shipped date and save it the modified by field has the System account instead of the user who is modifying. We have to reassign the system user to the User who is actually modifying it manually.This happens for all the users in CRM. Can anyone guess where the problem could be? Thanks Karthik Generally, the SYSTEM us...

how do i extra data from excel into Word Document template
Hi all I have two columns in my spreadsheet: *Name* and *amount due*: I have 100 records of a *name of a person* and a*mount due for each*. I wanna be able to Extract Each data from the spreadsheet and put it into a general Word Document Template for example - Dear [name goes here], Please advised that you have $[amount due] left and this should be paid by the end of the month. Sincerely, Your accountant. - How do i go about extracting this data and just basically automating the whole process? Thank you -Khaled -- Dev4me -------------------------------------------------------------...

Creating chart with two variables and related trendline equation
HI I am trying to create a chart and trendline for a data set to be used for interpolation/forecasting. Following is the data set: X-axis Y-axis ------------>>>>> Rel Humid PO PO PO PO @0deg @15deg @30deg @30deg 0 1.0000 1.2 1.4 2 10 1.1000 1.4 1.48 2.2 20 1.2000 1.6 1.56 2.4 30 1.3300 1.8 1.64 2.6 40 1.4600 2 1.72 2.8 50 1.5900 2.2 1.8 3 60 1.7200 2.4 1.88 3.2 70 1.8500 2.6 1.96 3.4 80 1.9800 2.8 2.04 3.6 90 2.1100 3 2.12 3.8 100 2.2400 3.2 2.2 4 The chart is created with Rel. Humid as X axis and Power Output at various ambient temperatures (spe...