Missing text in category axis label

This is not in the title, so the usual bug workaround does not work. If I add
dots and make them white text in the value table, it still shows them as dots
in the label. But the first label is cutting off the last two letters and
nothing I've tried works. They don't fit horizontal so the text is slanted 45
degrees. I've tried smaller font size, various copy/paste options, different
printers, different fonts. We're using Office 2003 Pro SP2 with WinXP Pro
SP2. We're in a hurry to get this out today so I hope someone can give me a
suggestion other than creating text box labels (there are 13 charts and they
all do the same thing).
0
RoxSn (8)

We had to send this so I changed the 45 degree slant to 90 degrees and it
didn't cut off the text. At least we found a way to get it to print properly
but if anyone knows whether this is not a bug and there is a way to get the
45 degree angle to print properly, please let me know. Thanks.

"RoxSn" wrote:

> This is not in the title, so the usual bug workaround does not work. If I add
> dots and make them white text in the value table, it still shows them as dots
> in the label. But the first label is cutting off the last two letters and
> nothing I've tried works. They don't fit horizontal so the text is slanted 45
> degrees. I've tried smaller font size, various copy/paste options, different
> printers, different fonts. We're using Office 2003 Pro SP2 with WinXP Pro
> SP2. We're in a hurry to get this out today so I hope someone can give me a
> suggestion other than creating text box labels (there are 13 charts and they
> all do the same thing).
0
RoxSn (8)

Mail Merge Labels problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have an excel spreadsheet and I'm using it as the data source on a mail merge. I'm trying to make labels. I choose the correct label size (avery 7160), I link the data, add the placeholder fields and then do the merge to a new document. <br><br>On the new document, page one is fine, but on page two and subsequent pages, it adds an extra row of labels at the bottom but these get cut off because the page isn't big enough. Sometimes the records are repeated at the top of the next page, ...

Printing labels?
Having set up printing labels how do I set up for different labels? Different as in design or different as in names and addresses? Use the merge for the latter and a manual template for the former. Templates here: http://www.publishermvps.com/General/Templates/tabid/38/Default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "liz19leen" <liz19leen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D0FC674-7FBF-4A63-B562-37BFF5673BCD@microsoft.com... > Having set up printing labels how do I set...

Consolidating & Labels
When consolidating a bunch of data and checking "Create Links to Sourc Data," everything works fine but it includes a + or minus icon on th left to click on to see all of the values summed (added rows). Now, my question is: Is it possible to have labels on the left of al of these 40 values or so being summed (only seen when consolidated cel is expanded) and have those labels appear directly to the left of thes values from the source files? This would then make it easy to create pivotTable. Thank you -- rhelle -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Missing subject matter in some mails in sent item folder
We use office'97 in my office and when i send a mail out, it gets to the destination. However, i discovered that the mail does not have a subject matter any more in the sent item folder. Please what could have gone wrong? Thanks. Hi, sounds like the field was removed from the view in the Sent Items folder. This can happen by simply dragging the field heading 'Subject' off the screen and out of view. Go to the Sent Items folder, click View-->Current View-- >Customize Current View and then the "Fields" button. From the list on the left, locate the Subject ...

Chart Labels Don't Show
This is really a beginner question I am sure. Would really appreciate some help. When I create a chart in Excel 2003, sometimes the plot area is too small and crowded and not all my data labels show up. Is there any way other than dragging the corners to make the chart bigger (which doesn't always work) to make it big enough for all my labels to show up? THANKS!! As answered in .charting: You can format the x-axis: Click on the x-axis to select it Choose Format>Selected Axis On the Scale tab, for Number of categories between tick-mark labels, enter 1 On the Font tab, you can...

XL 2003: Replacing X-Axis Labels with Custom Ones...
Is there any way of simply replacing my existing X-Axis labels with those of my own definition, without having to add an additional data range? XL insists on inserting a nicely scaled axis (say 1 to 10) and I'd like 1,2,3,E instead... Any help appreciated... The way to achieve this is to use another range that contains the X labels you want. Is there a particular reason you don't want to do it this way? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Birmangirl" <Birmangirl@dis...

Need help with complicated chart (xy chart? z axis? not sure!)
I have two groups of people from a survey I recently conducted, "probably" people, and "definitely" people. Each one provided a title, as well as choosing the price range they deemed fair for a particular service. I want to create a chart that captures how many of each group of people have a certain category of title and chose a specific price range. Thus, the data to chart looks something like this: Definitely: $1000 $ 3000 President 2 6 VP 8 3 Probably...

Category missing in Money 2003
One of my main Money Expense categories is "Groceries," but in my Budget, this category is missing. "Add" won't add this category. Whereis it? How do I add it to my Budget? Thx, Jeff Is it the subcategory Food:Groceries? "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:068c01c3dde9$0e321eb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > One of my main Money Expense categories is "Groceries," > but in my Budget, this category is missing. "Add" won't > add this category. Whereis it? How do I add it to my > Budget? ...

'insert file' missing file types (not all showed)
Hi there, I'm facing a puzzling Outlook 2003 problem so I'm trying the forum to see if anyone encountered similar behaviour and/or found a solution. On 'a couple' of workstations in the company there is a problem when users try to attach files in their e-mails. Not all file types are displayed in the 'insert file' dialog box (yes, *.* selected). For instance .zip files are not displayed. There is no problem receiving these kind of attachments! There is only a problem when trying to select these files as attachment using the 'insert file' dialog. We use ...

"Bring to Front" Data Labels?
I have a chart that has lots of data labels, so many that some of the labels become partially obscured. I have a routine that runs whenever a label is clicked upon, and one of the things I'd *Like* to do is to mimic a drawing object "Bring to Front" function. Is this possible? The way the chart is constructed might help (or hurt) my chances: I am graphing a tree chart, instantiated as an xlXYScatterLines Chart, and each "node" in the tree is represented by a series with two points (node and parent node). Each series gets one datalabel (at the node, i.e. the f...

Extracting Text in a string of text
Happy Holidays to All! How do I extract a concatenated field so I have exactly what I need. I've used the Left and Right functions, but I need to extract more precisely without having to guess the number of characters. For example: New York, NY 10019 I want to extract out the "NY" or the state. How do I do that given I may have multiple city and states? Thanks for any help:confused: -- walkerdayle ------------------------------------------------------------------------ walkerdayle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10021 View ...

I cant seem to pay bills online that are "special categories"
For instance I have bills for my credit card or loan payments that I have categorized as either "credit card payment: Amex" or "Loan Payment: Wells Fargo". When I view the bills in the summart there is no option to pay these online. Am I missing something? "MrGroovyTrain" <garrett.long@avotus.com> wrote in message news:1132264883.264061.11840@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > For instance I have bills for my credit card or loan payments that I > have categorized as either "credit card payment: Amex" or "Loan > Payment: Wells Farg...

Delete Duplicate Text
I have a work book inside this workbook there are 7 work sheets (one for each day). Each sheet uses columns A, B, C, D I have sheet call weekly all in formation in this sheet from the 7th everything work fine only one column it has text and there are several duplicate. Example : clinic A, clinic B, clinic A How to remove the duplicate from this column to be like this : clinic A, clinic b and so on other Questions I am using this function to get week number =WEEKNUM(C12,1) is there any way to get it work Is that possible and if so can someone please help with the formula for making thi...

Update a Label In Another Form
This sounds easy, but apparently not for me... I have a for that has a label on it. That label has a value in it (caption). I would like to be able to update that caption on that form via VBA. I have a function that updates a value in a backend table. I want to take that value and update the caption on that form (which will always be closed). I've tried using the following in the function, but it errors out: .... DoCmd.OpenForm "frmDatabaseLogon", acNormal Me.lblVersion.Caption = strVersion .... The error comes back saying invalid use of the Me keyword. Any he...

comment text box
I usually insert comments in almost every cell. When the comment text box opens it always come with my name. If I delete my name in Tools/options/general/user name, the comment text box opens with S_User instead of my name. If I change my name for , let us say, a point, the comment text box opens with ":." How can I do to make this comment text box open completely blank and without formating? TIA -- Edgard Kniriem Debra Dalgleish has provided code for this. Copy/paste the code to your workbook or Personal.xls. Assign the macro to a button and use that button to insert a comme...

Category Axis
A friend of mine does a lot of charting work and has used Quattro Pro in the past. He has recently begun working in Excel and has found the transition to be quite smooth... with one exception: One of his frequently-used chart templates contains the dates of the month along the category axis. The initial charts shows **every** date (1, 2, 3, etc.), but he must frequently condense the scale of the axis to display varying scales (ie., every 3 days, every 5 days, etc.) and back again. In Quattro Pro, he was able to automatically maneuver the axis scale very quickly, but he has not found a way...

combining dates and text in a cell
Hello-- I had a column with dates and another with text labels. I'd like to combine these and tried using this formula: =D6&" "&I6 D6 = 7/4/2009 I6 = HOLIDAY Is there any way to do this to get the actual date and not the numberical value returned? Thanks in advance for your help. try =TEXT(D6,"m/d/yy ") & I6 Notice that I've included the space for separation as part of the format for the date, saving a little complexity of the formula. You can, of course, use other formats for the date to get it displayed differently, s...

Importing text files (PowerToy?)
So far, I have yet to see the capability in OneNote to import a text file into a note, or better yet a series of text files into individual notes. Anyone willing to contemplate the creation of a PowerToy for this? Or is it something in OneNote 2010 that I've so far missed seeing? //Steve// Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS Wildomar, California, USA Email: steve.silverwood@gmail.com I wrote one for English at http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2007/04/30/customer-feedback-results-in-another-powertoy.aspx it needs to be extended for other languages, so feel free to hop in! ...

Select Text with Similar Formatting is not enabled
In Word 2007, I have several instances of text formatted with small caps. I should be able to click inside one of the formatted words and from the Select menu, Select Text with Similar Formatting. However, that option is greyed out / disabled. Does anyone know why and what the fix is? Thank you! I found the answer: Keep Track of Formatting must be enabled in Word Advanced Options. "Trudy" wrote: > In Word 2007, I have several instances of text formatted with small caps. I > should be able to click inside one of the formatted words and from the Select ...

Marking text to not be spell checked? Word2010
I have somehow marked a large portion of my documents with, "Do not check spelling and grammar" HOw do I unmark it so it checks all not just some of my work? Perhaps 2007 to 2010 has done so>????? Use Ctrl+A to select everything in the document, then go to the Review tab and from the Language section of the ribbon, click on the Language pulldown and then select Set Proofing Language and uncheck the "Do not check spelling or grammar" box (You will need to click on it twice if it is a square blue box when you access that dialog) -- Hope this helps. Pl...

Repeat random numbers from a range and text
I am new at this, I need to create 2 different types of randomness, one of numbers and one of text selections. #1 a range of numbers, i.e, 134-2807 that allows repeat of numbers with a return of only 25 numbers. This random option is use daily so I need to be able to create a worksheet where each day only the range is changed, (without having to key the each number of the range to a separate row line) #2 a range of 5 process types, i.e, data, irsdat, ardat, ispdat, dsldat, where 3 processes are selected daily from the 5 listed which allows repeat of processes. I reviewed the RAND and RANDBE...

Attachments have lost descriptive text, which now appears embedded in email text
Thanks in advance, if anyone has a suggestion. Attachments downloaded from a list serve used to display fine (subject of the attachment). Something changed. Now attachments are displayed as a list or array, of incomprehensible attachment titles. Within the text of the email there IS a list of the attachments. I now have to find the correct attachment within the body of the email, count and see what number the attachment is (like #3 of 4 attachments) and then count along the list of attachments outside the message box and open that attachment number. What a pain! I tried righ...

Formatted text in multiple lines in CListCtrl
I would like to know how can I display formatted text (Different fonts and colors) in multiple lines in a single cell in CListCtrl icon view. I have seen samples on codeproject/codeguru that deals with changing text color/font. But I would like to display formatted text (e.g: Some bold text and some different color in multiple lines in a single cell) along with an icon in each cell. How can I achieve this using CListCtrl? If not, can you please suggest any alternative solutions? Thanks in advance. Sounds like you need an owner-draw control. Then you can do pretty much anything you want. ...

Setting reverse order for axis in OWC 11 chart component
I must say , working with the component is pretty much a nightmare and waste of time, as the structure is convoluted, different than Excel, and there's no macro recorder to aid in figuring out the bizarre calls. That off my chest I can't seem to nail down or find anywhere, the command to reverse the axis plotting, which is available from the wysiwyg under the Axis editor, as order - Show values in reverse order. The excel version reverseplotorder , is not available. Hi, I hate to show my ignorance but what is OWC 11? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button C...

merging labels
here is my situation...i have a spreadsheet of about 100 different products. i created a label in publisher to merge with this spreadsheet. i am trying to get one record from that spreadsheet to print on 1 page of labels. the sheet has 10 labels per sheet. when i go to print one record on 10 sheets, giving me a total of 100 labels it wants to just print each individual record. does anyone have a work around for this? thanks ...