Misaligned charts when printing

Hello,
I have two charts on the same worksheet. Both charts are 
aligned, so they appear to be one combo chart with only 
the bottom chart displaying the x-axis.
However, when I go to print preview or even print that 
worksheet, the charts appear no longer aligned; in my 
case, the top chart would show wider than the bottom chart 
in print preview. Therefore, the scale on the x-axis would 
be offset in relation to the top chart.
When returning to the worksheet view, the alignment was 
correct again.

What causes this inconsistency, and are there any 
solutions to this problem?
All replies, suggestions, and solutions are greatly 
appreciated.
TIA.
Regards,
Antje Crawford
0
antcraw (14)
6/7/2004 7:41:40 PM
excel.charting 18370 articles. 0 followers. Follow

2 Replies
873 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 40

I guess the normal response is to blame outdated printer drivers. Do you 
have the same problem on other computers or other printers?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Antje Crawford wrote:

> Hello,
> I have two charts on the same worksheet. Both charts are 
> aligned, so they appear to be one combo chart with only 
> the bottom chart displaying the x-axis.
> However, when I go to print preview or even print that 
> worksheet, the charts appear no longer aligned; in my 
> case, the top chart would show wider than the bottom chart 
> in print preview. Therefore, the scale on the x-axis would 
> be offset in relation to the top chart.
> When returning to the worksheet view, the alignment was 
> correct again.
> 
> What causes this inconsistency, and are there any 
> solutions to this problem?
> All replies, suggestions, and solutions are greatly 
> appreciated.
> TIA.
> Regards,
> Antje Crawford

0
DOjonNOT (619)
6/7/2004 11:55:41 PM
Jon,
I am not sure if it happens on other computers or 
printers, but will give it a try. Thanks for your response.
Antje

>-----Original Message-----
>I guess the normal response is to blame outdated printer 
drivers. Do you 
>have the same problem on other computers or other 
printers?
>
>- Jon
>-------
>Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>Peltier Technical Services
>Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>http://PeltierTech.com/
>_______
>
>Antje Crawford wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I have two charts on the same worksheet. Both charts 
are 
>> aligned, so they appear to be one combo chart with only 
>> the bottom chart displaying the x-axis.
>> However, when I go to print preview or even print that 
>> worksheet, the charts appear no longer aligned; in my 
>> case, the top chart would show wider than the bottom 
chart 
>> in print preview. Therefore, the scale on the x-axis 
would 
>> be offset in relation to the top chart.
>> When returning to the worksheet view, the alignment was 
>> correct again.
>> 
>> What causes this inconsistency, and are there any 
>> solutions to this problem?
>> All replies, suggestions, and solutions are greatly 
>> appreciated.
>> TIA.
>> Regards,
>> Antje Crawford
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
6/8/2004 1:37:32 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Getting photos to print in an image field
This is Access 2007. In my report I have an image field (9 x 6.77 cm). It exists in the detail section of a subreport and snakes across then down. The onPrint event for that section reads: Me.imgPhoto.Picture = Forms!frmProfiles!txtPath & "\" & Me.txtPhoto My problem is that Access doesn't print all the photos. I suspect it's a size issue as if I reduce the resolution of the photos to, say, 800 x 600, then they all print. However, the resaulting print quality is not nearly as good as the original resolution So: is there a way to force Access to be patient and ensur...

Chart two variables with differing values
I'd like to chart data similar to: Year 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Thefts 75 120 95 101 80 Veh. Mfg. 100,200 125000 130000 145000 125000 I want to produce a chart with the year on the abcissa and with the Thefts scale on left ordinate and Veh. Mfg on the right ordinate and have the scales set accordingly. I'm running Excel 2002. Seems i can't select the Format/Selected Series data Series/Secondary Axis to set the scales correctly. I'd like to get som...

In Excel how do I label the axis of a chart with 2 sets of labels
I wish to put two labels on a chart say a time function together with a quantity function against the same axis (usually x). I run Excel 2003 If you plot two series You can select one of them and change the axis to secondary. In chart options you can then modify the Y axies as needed. "Alan" wrote: > I wish to put two labels on a chart say a time function together with a > quantity function against the same axis (usually x). > I run Excel 2003 If it's a category axis, put the two sets of labels into adjacent columns (or rows), select the chart and choose Source D...

Print several pages to single paper
Hi, when previewing OneNote pages each page is a separate page of paper in print. Is there a way to have the pages follow on the same page separated only with the OneNote page title? Thanks Deejay wrote: > Hi, when previewing OneNote pages each page is a separate page of > paper in print. Is there a way to have the pages follow on the same > page separated only with the OneNote page title? No, there is no such option. Rainald ...

How do I copy an Excel chart with added text boxes into Word or P.
I have created a chart in Excel and added a number of text boxes on top of the chart. I need to paste the entire chart & text boxes into Word and/or Powerpoint; however by selecting the chart and copying, the text boxes are excluded. MS help suggests entering the text boxes outside the chart then moving them into the chart and grouping the chart and text boxes; however there does not seem to be the ability to group the chart with the text boxes. If you had clicked on the chart before making the textboxes, all the items would have been grouped. But you can do it later: Hold down SHI...

Blank page prints with every print job
Whenever I print any type of job in MS Publisher 2002, my printer always prints a blank sheet first. It doesn't matter if it is one page document or multiple page document. Is there some sort of print/page setup that controls this? I don't want a blank page before every print job. Note that this does this on one particular printer, not all, and it only does it for a Publisher document and no others. Thanks Sounds like a printer setting. Look on your settings and see if you can find it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 200...

Printing Quotes 12-13-04
In MS CRM, to print quotes you merge your quote to a Word document template, using the Sales for Outlook client. With this template, I can dress up a quote to have a specific look and feel. I also see how, once you open a quote in CRM how you can perform a generic "print" of the quote, but nothing fancy. In fact, you can't, as I understand it, modify this report. What if I don't have a Sales for Outlook client and I want to print a quote -- dressed up? How is that being accomplished. If you do not use Sales for Outlook client it is only possible to create a n...

charting a single changing DDE cell
I have a spreadsheet that captures real time stock data via a DDE link. The cell captures the last price of a stock as it changes over time. Can you chart that changing cell as the day progresses. Maybe capture the data and then chart it or a macro which plots that cell every minute? Bob You would need to capture the value of that changing cell periodically in a growing table, possibly in a different sheet. For example, every time you update it via the DDE, you could run a code that copies the value of the cell to the last row of the table. Use a dynamic chart to plot the values in t...

How can I get vacant lines in a sheet to not print
In Lotus 123 the following formula @IF((F25+H25)=0,"|--","") in the first cell of each row in a print range would place the pipe symbol in that cell. Any rows with the symbol would not print when the range was printed. This is very helpful when you don't need to print rows that do not contain data. Such as inventory items with no qunatities. How can I get Excel to do the same thing. Some of my spread sheets may have hundreds of rows but I only need to print those with data. Sorting first is not an option. look at autofilter in Help. "Luapremrub" ...

Chart Bars
How to create intersectionso if the hight of bar crosses that line the color of the bar should from that point. From Level 0 - 2:- RED Color From Level 2 - 4:- Green color From Level 4 - 6:- Blue color Hi, You will need to use 3 series to build the stack. Simplest way is to use a cluster chart, setting the overlap value to 100, with data base on formula. If you have the following data in A2:B9 A2: =<leave empty> B2: =SeriesName A3: =A B3: =0 A4: =B B4: =1 A5: =C B5: =2 A6: =D B6: =3 A7: =E B7 =4 A8: =F B8: =5 A9: =G B9: =6 You can then create the following ...

combination chart #8
How can I get a combo chart with 3 series - one as a vertical bar/column, and 2 series as lines, with 2 y axes? I only seem to be able to get one series in line format, while the first two insist on viewing as vertical bars, regardless of whether they are assigned to the primary or secondary y axis. Right click each series and set the chart type property of the series seperately. alas wrote: > How can I get a combo chart with 3 series - one as a vertical > bar/column, and 2 series as lines, with 2 y axes? > I only seem to be able to get one series in line format, while the > fir...

Two charttype on chart
Hi, I have export the data to excel from Vb, then add the graph in excel and set my secondary axis as.. ..SeriesCollection(4).AxisGroup = xlSecondary then how we set this group only as chatrtype as xlLine and the primary axis values by Column charttype -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Hi, Try this, ..SeriesCollection(4).AxisGroup = xlSecondary ..SeriesCollection(4).ChartType = xlLine Cheers Andy shah firdaous via OfficeKB.com wrote: > Hi, I have export the data to excel from Vb, then add the graph in excel > and set my secondary axis as.. > .SeriesCollection(4).Axi...

Sorting in Pivot Charts
I'm using Access 2003 & am trying to sort in a Pivot Chart. I have a single series & I'm trying to sort by the qty of that series. Thanks much in advance, M.C. ...

Link chart format to a cell
I want to create a chart that changes format depending on value in a special cell. For exemple a bar chart that for one value have blue bars (the whole chart) and for another value red bars? Please anyone? On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, vito <vito@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to create a chart that changes format depending on value in a special >For exemple a bar chart that for one value have blue bars (the whole chart) >and for another value red bars? You can't, it's not possible in Excel. But you can have two series, one which...

Use the same cell from many worksheets to create a chart?
I have a new worksheet for each day, labeled with the date. I want to pull data from the same cell (like "P-3") in each worksheet and put it into a chart. Example: On ten worksheets, pull the data from cell P-3 (arbitrarily called "income"). Then, put that P-3 data into a chart that tracks daily income: the date itself (taken from the worksheet name) plus the data. Any idea how to do this? You need to create a summary region on a worksheet, and use this as the data source for your chart. See this page for more details: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Char...

Setting Major tick to none on charts is not working, is it a bug?
I've tried to set the major tick for my x-axis to none, so that the marks only show up above my data points along the x-axis... it is not working I notice a small change from None to Cross, but it basically looks the same as cross, just a little bit shorter on both ends(inside and outside). Anyone know if this is being fixed, if it's a bug... or if I'm doing it incorrectly? I can change it with both XY Scatter charts and Line charts. What type of chart are you trying to change? "Mike J" <Mike J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EFDB3C7-1CBD-4...

image in header gets skewed when I print
I'm making a template with my company's logo in the header. It is perfectly circular in reality and in page layout view. But when I print or print preview, it becomes egg-shaped. It has plenty of room. I have moved the margins and made sure it fits just fine. I've tried png, jpg and gif formats. I'm using Excel 2007, but I've tried it in 2003 and get the same results. I've tried checking and unchecking the boxes "Lock aspect ratio" and "Relative to original picture size". Does anybody have any ideas of what I can try next? I suspect you need to adju...

Updating a chart, within a workspace
I keep a daily log of a particular price, plus its moving average. I use an Excel spreadsheet for this. Under a separate tab, I have set up a Chart, that visually tracks both the daily log of price, and the moving average. I need a simple method for updating the chart. So far, the only method I can find that works is to "Clear" [delete] each plot on the chart, and then use "Copy, Paste" to achieve an updated Chart plot of the two parameters. This is laborious, since I have to re-do my color and line preferences each time. There must surely be a more elegant m...

Error printing gift receipt
The receipt template posted on Knowlege Network printed a regular receipt with price information. I changed some items on the template file from "true" to "false" and the gift receipt printed fine with 2 small problems: 1. Error message:"Compiler Error:Token 'Transaction.Receipt.TransactionNumberPrint' was not found. 2. There's only one chance to print when asked if you want to print again on printer2. Gift receipt could not be printed from a journal. Does anyone know what might not be working here?... 1) 'Transaction.Receipt.TransactionNu...

Display data points that are less than the chart trendline
I have a standard chart with an x and y axis and a linear trend line. Is it possible to have the chart to only display the values that are less than the trend line? Thank you in advance for your help. Hi, Sure you can. Firstly, either hide your existing data points, or make them a very pale grey colour. Then, assume your x values are in A1:A10, and your y values are in B1:B10. In say A12, calculate the slope of the trendline with =SLOPE(B1:B10,A1:A10) and in say A13 calculate the intercept using =INTERCEPT(B1:B10,A1:A10) In column C, calculate the corresponding y value for each x value fr...

Printing columnar reports
HelloI am running Access2.In design mode for a report,File | Print Setup | More I change: the no of items across to 1 or 2 if no. items is 1, I check (with "X") same size as detail If I change the item size to other than same as detail I make sure the value is < the width of column 1 the page width is > the width of column 1 I say "OK" for the print setup Preview the report Perfect! But when I go back to run the report from a menu option, the new print settings do not "stick" ie, have not been saved.Pu...

Problem formatting date values in chart...
I have a blood pressure tracking spreadsheet -- at a minimum, it tracks Systolic and Diastolic pressure for a given day. A B C E.g.: Date Systolic Diastolic 1 9/3/04 120 90 2 9/4/04 123 87 3 9/5/04 129 79 I currently have a simple line graph that shows systolic data points over diastolic data points. The left hand (Y axis) value is "Pressure". My problem is that I want the "date" values of Col. A to display at the bottom of the graph as a label with each corresponding data point and...

How do I Add a variable in the legend without charting the data?
I have three variables that need to appear in my legend but only two of them should appear in the chart. How do I show the third variable in the legend without it being plotted in the chart? Hi, You can add a third series to the chart so that the legend item appears but set the data to be plotted to be zero or #N/A such that the column or line is not displayed. Cheers Andy Legends vs Plotting wrote: > I have three variables that need to appear in my legend but only two of them > should appear in the chart. How do I show the third variable in the legend > without it being p...

Excnange Printing
In our business we are required to print every incoming and outgoing (not internal) email for record purposes. Does Exhange have the functionality to do this or do i need to make Exhange copy all email to a mailbox which is checked by Outlook which prints email via the Rules Wizard. Thanks Rob Rob wrote: > In our business we are required to print every incoming and outgoing > (not internal) email for record purposes. Does Exhange have the > functionality to do this or do i need to make Exhange copy all email > to a mailbox which is checked by Outlook which prints email via ...

Pie of Pie Chart #2
How is the "Pie of Pie" chart used? I know this is the chart I need, I just don't know how to plot the data. I have 3 discrepancies - Broken 85%, Misplaced 10% and Incomplete 5%. I want to create a pie chart that shows the 3 discrepancies. I also want another chart that has 4 different sub-discrepancies for broken. Example: Broken1 50%, Broken2 25%, Broken3 15% and Broken4 10% - How can I plot this data and create the chart I need? Thanks Hi Karen - List the data like this: Incomplete 5% Misplaced 10% Broken1 50% Broken2 25% Broken3 15% Broken4 ...