Maximum charts or data series in workbook

I have a spreadsheet that I want to have 50 sheets with
data and 18 different charts referring to the data on each
individual sheet.  The charts on each sheet refer to a
total of 21 different data series from its own sheet.  I
have tried to make the workbook by using a template sheet
and copying the sheet, and renaming it.  Strangely enough,
when I get to copying the 12th new sheet, I get the
information message "No more new fonts may be applied in
this workbook", and won't let me make any more copies of
sheets.  This makes sense since 12*21=252 ...the 13th
sheet makes it 273 data series.
I know that the maximum amount of data series in one chart
is 255, but it seems that the maximum amount of data
series in charts in the entire workbook is 255.  Could
this be true? Please advise.
0
JMaas (1)

Jon Peltier has some information on this issue in his Charting FAQ article:

   http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon025

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
10/31/2003 4:16:43 AM
The limit actually is fonts, like the error message said.  I think it's
a maximum of 256 fonts, and Excel needs two fonts per chart (only one if
you don't use any autosizing text elements).  I have put some hints into
a web page:

  http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

JMaas@christensenfarms.com wrote:
> I have a spreadsheet that I want to have 50 sheets with
> data and 18 different charts referring to the data on each
> individual sheet.  The charts on each sheet refer to a
> total of 21 different data series from its own sheet.  I
> have tried to make the workbook by using a template sheet
> and copying the sheet, and renaming it.  Strangely enough,
> when I get to copying the 12th new sheet, I get the
> information message "No more new fonts may be applied in
> this workbook", and won't let me make any more copies of
> sheets.  This makes sense since 12*21=252 ...the 13th
> sheet makes it 273 data series.
> I know that the maximum amount of data series in one chart
> is 255, but it seems that the maximum amount of data
> series in charts in the entire workbook is 255.  Could
> this be true? Please advise.

Time Series
I have about 30000 lines of data that looks like so: Time Count 93000 447 93001 1020 93002 1438 93003 2177 93004 3042 93005 3467 93006 2913 93007 3341 93008 3547 93009 2908 93010 3512 93011 4090 Where ColA is time. I am having trouble creating a graph with time on the x-axis and count on the y-axis. Thank you in advance. You need to make an XY chart But with 30,000 data points you could run into trouble; Help says you can 32,000 data points in a single data series. However, if you want markers it will look like heck. You could limit the data like this: assume y-values in B2:B30001 in ...

Queries and Charts

Data migration - Adventure Works

Updating a chart Automatically

line chart with NA() values

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

referencing lines and series points
what is the VBA code for referencing to individual points in a line on line graph? i would like to create a macro to change indiviual points shapes and the color or the lines in between them to different color depending on different parameters. is this possible -- medicenpringle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39101 Ther easiest way to do this is to first record a macro doing what y...

Chart Linking
How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. Kenneth Hi try the following: - open both workbooks - in the target workbook enter the equatrion sign '=' - now select with your mouse the source cell in the other workbook and hit ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kenneth" <pby5acat@tpg.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40b4a089@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. > Kenneth > > Or copy the source cell, select the target cell, choose Paste Special from the Ed...

Updating a workbook from many workbooks.
I am using excel 2003. I have a report workbook that has 27 other workbooks that it gets information from. What is the easiest way to update the report workbook with out me singularily opening each of the 27 other work books. The are all under the same folder on the same drive. including the report workbook. Hi Outrigger You have not said what you want to do when all of the books are open. The following code opens all 27 workbooks for you. If you could post more information we might be able to get you a more specific result. Change the file path to suit. Take care Mar...

Source data, in Chart Menu, is grey and not accessible.
I set up a pivot table and designed a chart, saved and closed out of the workbook. Upon returning to work on this project, when selecting the chart menu to work with my source data, the source data is grey and not accessible. What might be causing this and can I correct it? It's a pivot chart. As soon as it's created, it's linked permanently to the pivot table, and you cannot change the source data. you cannot add more data that's not in the pivot table to the chart, nor can you remove data that is in the pivot table from the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

combination clustered column and stacked bar chart
I have data concerning the repair turn-around for three products over several months. There are two components to the turn-around time for any item, i.e., actual labor time and wait time. I want to graph this as a clustered column, each cluster representing the data for a given month and each bar in a cluster representing one of the products. Now for the tricky part: I want each of the bars to be stacked showing the relationship between the actual labor time and the wait time. John, I don't know if I'm fully understanding what you want. Possibly these two examples can hel...

Error in chart wizard
The following error occured in Excel 97: -> User clicked on chart wizard -> clicked the customer types tab and got the following errors one after the other: 1st - Microsoft Visual Basic Permission to use object denied 2nd - Microsoft Excel Error accessing user-defined custom chart file 3rd - Program error Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. This happened on more than one machine. I do not get this error message on my machine. I have a screenshot of the errors if it would help. Has...

Excel 2007
Anyone else had problems with Excel 2007 corrupting workbooks when using the Analysis Toolpak. All formulae requiring the toolpak are replaced with #N/A (ie XIRR, EDATE). Man, this sucks. Congratulations MS on releasing a "Professional" version of your software that is so much less easy to use than the old version. Charts look nice (although with some of the most useful features removed), but the menus SUCK. Hide the ribbon and use keyboard shortcuts and you might as well use the mouse because the ribbon has to be displayed each time you use the keyboard shortcuts. Excel 2007 su...

Chart of Accounts #4
We're looking to move to GP and currently have a 1 segment chart of account - we would like to change to a multi-segemtn chart. Can anyone point me to some documentation on ideas of how to set our chart up. Thanks! Andrea: I've done many chart of accounts setups over the years. The format I like is a 3 segment account number where the first segment is the "division", the second segment is the "main" account, and the third segment is the "department". Even if you don't need the "division" segment now, you may in the future. This format...

xy scatter
In Excel 2003 if I highlight three columns of data and create an xy scatter graph, it assumes the first column are the x values and the second two columns are two y series. I like this. I'm now having to adapt to 2007 (I run a science lab at a college). In 2007, when I do the same thing, it gives me a line graph with three series, even though I chose an xy scatter graph. Is there a way I can make it act like 2003 used to? Thanks ...

Creating A Stack & Line Combo Chart
Is it possible to create a stack chart with 4 series stacked, and a 5th series being a line. If so how do I do it. Thanks very much 1. Create a stacked column chart from all the data 2. Select the series that you want as a line 3. Choose Chart>Chart Type, and choose the Line chart type, and one of the subtypes 4. Click OK Ty Archer wrote: > Is it possible to create a stack chart with 4 series > stacked, and a 5th series being a line. If so how do I do > it. Thanks very much -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Missing Data Options
I am trying to use Tools - Options - Chart. I want to use the "not Plotted" option. When I click on it my chart does not change. This happens after I've selected the chart and then trying to make these changes. What am I doing wrong? I want to create a chart that ignores missing data, and gives me a trend line based on the data I have. I've had my nose in my Excel "bible" but can't find the answer. I greatly appreciate any tips. Jim -- jimsmith888 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jimsmith888's Profile: http...

Extracting data and returing to colums.
I am about half way there, but I need some more help. These are web inquires that parsed out in the same colum and repeat th same way all down the page. I want to be able to use the fields as guidelines to pull the dat adjacent to it and sent to the new colum. In a way it is transposin all the data, but I need to pull all the first names of these peopl and have them align in the first colum. Same for Last name, business etc. So if the information that I have come across like this in th spreadsheet, I just want the customer infomation to move to th appropriate colums like the third example...