Manually Setting Date/Time Range of Axis

I have an XY chart that takes data from two columns.  The 1st column is a
production amount (in cubic yards), while the second is the corresponding
date/time.

The data is plotted as expected (x = date/time, y = production).  The
workbook is automatically opened on a shift basis, to generate a shift
report.  As such, the data in the columns that the chart is looking at
changes each time it is run.  The problem with this is the time range on the
x axis is not maximized for the date/time range in the column (i.e.:  it
shows a larger range than required).  I would like to manually set the range
of the x axis to maximize the viewable area of the chart, but it looks like
Excel represents this in some floating point format.

Is there anyway I can prorammatically change the range of a chart to
accommodate this requirement?

Thanks!

The following article was written with a line chart in mind, but the
same approach can be used with an XY chart:

   http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

pittpanther wrote:

> I have an XY chart that takes data from two columns.  The 1st column is a
> production amount (in cubic yards), while the second is the corresponding
> date/time.
>
> The data is plotted as expected (x = date/time, y = production).  The
> workbook is automatically opened on a shift basis, to generate a shift
> report.  As such, the data in the columns that the chart is looking at
> changes each time it is run.  The problem with this is the time range on the
> x axis is not maximized for the date/time range in the column (i.e.:  it
> shows a larger range than required).  I would like to manually set the range
> of the x axis to maximize the viewable area of the chart, but it looks like
> Excel represents this in some floating point format.
>
> Is there anyway I can prorammatically change the range of a chart to
> accommodate this requirement?
>
> Thanks!

Run time 380 post SP2
I support a multistore operation that has been running SP2 for about a month. I just got two calls from two different stores saying yesterday they started throwing "Run Time error 380 Invalid Property" whenever committing a PO. The PO is comitted but Manager crashes. The fact that two started crashing at the same time suggest something bad went out the day before from HQ and I am looking at that. Anybody else seen this. Previous posts state this was fixed in sp1.2 but we are running SP2 Any help would be appreciated Coincidentally just yesterday I had the same problem when I ...

Time comparison question
When I run the code below in the OnTimer() method (with a 1 second timer), the TRACE results at lines 13 and 17 is always the same. I always have the same year, month, day, hour, minute, and second (note that second is always 0). However, the TRACE results at lines 21 and 22 is not always the same. Most of the times both values are different. Here is an example of the values: currentTime.m_dt = 3.78627673611111170000e+004 time2.m_dt = 3.78627673611111090000e+004 For this example, the TRACE result at line 27 is: 7.275958e-012 What I want is to compare 'time2' wit...

Manual uninstall of Exchange 2003
After doing a manual uninstall of Exchange 2003, I need to remove the server from the ESM, but it gives me the following error message: Cannot delete this server because one or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. I made sure to move all mailboxes from the server and removed all public folder replicas prior to uninstall installing. I also went thru the steps laid out in KB307917. The only mailboxes remaining were system mailboxes. Can I use adsiedit to remove the server from ESM and would that cause issues later. courtesy of Evan, run this query using ldp.exe to see...

Install and set up the Microsoft Office Project Add-in for Outlook
The language used by the add-in must match the language used by Outlook. For example, if Outlook uses Japanese, the add-in must also use Japanese,and If the languages do not match, the add-in will not work. How can I download Japanese add-in for Japanese outlook for Microsoft project server 2007 that installed in Engilish? Have you tried the Project Language Pack 2007 SP1? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d322ba67-b199-4503-8aff-6813b320d708 HTH "Bahram" <Bahram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Conditional Formula based on previous date + 30
I have a spread sheet that caluclates when proposals expire. Date Sent Follow Up date January 13, 2010 February 12, 2010 What I am looking for is for the Follow up date to turn RED when the date is expired (over the date listed). Just use CF with a formula of =B2>TODAY() -- HTH Bob "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66DE65F1-F041-434C-86A7-B13635C6914F@microsoft.com... >I have a spread sheet that calu...

Format cells with dates
Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is changed. for example, when I input monday's date, tue, wed, thur, etc will follow suit. Pat, Assuming the first date is in A1 B1: =A1+1 C1: =B 1+1 etc. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115681B0-348E-447E-BB1F-F8347CFDB19B@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is...

Setting up own block list (e2k3)
hello all, tried to create my own block list for exchange 2003 but i got an error. using telnet on port 25 ##### 220 xion.hybrid.intra Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.0 ready ... helo 250 xion.hybrid.intra Hello [192.168.0.2] mail from:spam@spam.com 250 2.1.0 spam@spam.com....Sender OK rcpt to:support 421 4.1.0 Dropping connection due to an error on this server Connection to host lost. ##### everything runs fine when i disable my connection filtering rule. someone an idea ? tia ...

map data (x-y axis) with diffent series name
I have a set of x-y coordinate data set and i would like to plot them showing the respective series name. Is there an automatic way of doing this without haing to plot the data points separately. eg Name x y A 1 6 B 2 3 C 3 4 D 4 2 E 5 5 .. . . .. . . .. . . I will like to have a plot of x and y with A, B, C as series name without having to plot the points one after the other. Hi, Here are a couple of free addins that allow you to link data labels to cells. Rob Bovey's Char...

Arranged by date
Is it possible to set up extra ranges for the arrange by groups in Outlook 2003. For example I would like to extend "arrange by date" to group emails by 2 months ago, 3 months ago, ... last year, 2 years ago...... Currently everything that is older than 1 month gets grouped as "Older" Any ideas. Regards Alex Weatherall ...

System date
The system date is correct for todays date. Maybe last October it off by a year? Hank ...

Different background color depending on x-axis value
Hi! Is there any way to have the background in a chart have differen colors depending on x-axis values? Like x-axis value 1-10 => blue background x-axis value 10-20 => red background Thank -- RealRave ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RealRaven's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3705 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56778 Here are a few of the ways you can get custom background fills for your charts" http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html#Backgro...

How to goto cell containing specific date
Thought I asked this before, but can't find the thread w/ my question or any replies... I have a worksheet wih a full year's dates in the cells running down a colum, with other data for each date in the the adjacent columns; Instead of scrolling up & down to a cell with a specific date I'm looking for, is there another way to goto a cell containing a specific date? (e.g., today(), or another specific date) In case this is pertinent: the date series begins with the entry of one date (e.g., 01/01/2010 in cell A1), with the dates in subsequent rows arrived at ...

how to count if the value falls between a date range
example 1/1/2005 1/2/2005 = 2 2/1/2005 2/2/2005 = 2 I am trying to get the ount if the value is between 1/12005 and 1/3/2005 and similarly 2/1/2005 and 2/3/2005 =countif(a1:a10,">="&date(2005,1,1)) - countif(a1:a10,">"&date(2005,1,3)) (I'm not sure what between means--include the end dates or not???) joe wrote: > > example > 1/1/2005 > 1/2/2005 = 2 > 2/1/2005 > 2/2/2005 = 2 > > I am trying to get the ount if the value is between 1/12005 and 1/3/2005 and > similarly 2/1/2005 and 2/3/2005 -- Dave Peterson Dave, ...

OFFSET problems in dynamic range
Hi, I'm having the strangest problem with the OFFSET function. I have 5 dynamic ranges in my worksheet. Aimline =OFFSET('Weekly ORF'!$F$4,1,0,COUNTA('Weekly ORF'$F:$F)-1,1) Sessions =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!$D$4,1,0,COUNTA('Weekly ORF'$E:$E)-1,1) WCPM =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!$G$4,1,0,COUNTA('Weekly ORF'$G:$G)-1,1) Date =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!Aimline,0,-1) Date2 =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!WCPM,0,-1) The problem is that the two names for Date and Date2 keep reverting to =OFFSET ('Excel Template.xls'!Aimline,0,-1) and =OFFSET (&#...

backup same set of servers from 2 DPM 2007 servers
I am changing the DPM server 2007. However, I would like to take this opportunity to revise all protection groups so that I can restore bare-metal any server from a single lTO-4 tape if possible. During this "transitional period," I would like to leave the existing backup settings on the older DPM server to continue to run while adding jobs to the new DPM server. Looks like to me that I have to re-install the agent on all servers so that they can be recognized by the new DPM server. IS there a better way to do this if my plan is possible at all? Thanks Bill ...

DPM 2010 Remote Agent Install (windows firewall settings)
I'm looking for the specific ports I need to unblock in order to push the agent from the console. All the documentation references point to firewall settings for the DPM server. I'm only interested in the windows firewall settings on the client (protected machine) necessary to push the agent. If I manually install on the client the installer opens the correct ports on the firewall for the agent to function so I'm not even concerned about those settings. I just need to be able to install/uninstall from the console and have been unable to do so unless I turn off the...

2003 calendar free/busy times
New to 2003 so please bear with me - in 5.5 you had to replicate from site to site the free busy time so someone in another site when sending a meeting notice could check to see if the time was available. I can't seem to find out how this is done in 2003 - how do you publish from one administrative groups servers to another the calendar info? TIA Nancy Stevens NStevens@tycoint.com in the ESM, go to your AG, then "Folders", then "Public Folders"...right-click, and select "View System Folders"...under "Schedule+ Free Busy", select the appropr...

Y Axis #2
I have two questions regarding the 'y' axis - in a normal line graph Firstly, how do i get the 'y' axis to appear in the middle of the graph IE to cross the 'x' axis at (0,0) instead of currently (in my graph) (-10,0) Secondly how do i plot the line "X =2" which should just be a vertical line on the graph? I'm using Microsoft Excel 2007 any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi, Not able to test in xl2007 but from memory it should be the same as xl2003. For a line chart, select the x axis and open the format dialog. On the scale tab set Value (Y) axi...

How to setup Automatic Send/Receive time interval ?
I once knew where to click to set the time interval for auto send/ receive. Where do I click in Outlook 2003 to be able to set the automatic send/ receive time interval? Thanks for any help. Mel <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote: > I once knew where to click to set the time interval for auto send/ > receive. > > Where do I click in Outlook 2003 to be able to set the automatic send/ > receive time interval? While viewing a mail folder, press ALT-CTRL-S -- Brian Tillman On Jul 9, 2:57 pm, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Mel <MyEmai...

Creating a time chart
Can someone tell me if this is possible. I want to be able to create a chart that represents a week. There will be seven bars and each bar will represent the day my business is open. I want to be able to enter starting times in one column, let's say column B and a quitting times in column C. These two columns represent Sunday. I want D and E to represent Monday. I'll do this for all seven days. Is there a way I can create a stacking bar chart (or any chart) that will place a bar representing that employee's shift in the chart. All bars will not start on the horizontal axis, b...

how do i count mails with time and date
i have a helpdesk , i would like to know the tracking all mail , as like time and date on responded "Bhanu C" <Bhanu C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F0F08B1-3302-43F9-B2F8-5FE1BEC99A9B@microsoft.com... >i have a helpdesk , i would like to know the tracking all mail , as like >time > and date on responded Why not just look at the InfoBar? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] see http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm - specifically the replied time section. If needed, you can copy rows to excel and compare dates etc. -- Diane Poremsky...

Formatting date fields after export
I am experiencing problems with my exported date fields into Excel from other applications. The data formats to "yyyy-mm-dd" and cannot be modified unless I double-click on each field. Has anyone else experienced this problem? And what solutions would you suggest? It is probably seen as text, select the imported dates, do data>text to columns, click next twice, under column data format select date and YMD click finish Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Raymond" wrote: > I am experiencing problems with my exported date fields into Excel from other > applications. The d...

How to specify time with DATEDIFF
Is it possible to specify a specific hour when using DATEDIFF? For example this snippet from my query: (DATEDIFF(day, acct_banktran.eff_date, { fn NOW() }) <= 1) I know that this will query all acct_banktran.eff_date that took place yesterday but it pulls all of them starting from 12:00a.m.. How can I limit that query to only get specific acct_banktran.eff_date at a certain hour? Thank you. gjl_support wrote: > Is it possible to specify a specific hour when using DATEDIFF? For example > this snippet from my query: > > (DATEDIFF(day, acct_banktran.eff_da...

"Move to bottom of range"
Hello, I have some code that adds the contents of one sheet to the end of another. How do I correctly select the first empty cell below the first sheet that I want to add data to? Something like ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Select 'Move to bottom of range ^^^ This is where I need work. Can I simply perform a cursor key move down one cell? How do I code cursor key operations? Hi, It is very unlikely that you will need to select a cell to do what you want but here's a couple of methods Select empty cell after last used cell in col A R...

How can you see in real time who is sending email
- Hello everyone, Exchange 5.5 How can I see in real time who is sending outbound email? Several times per week I have users sending out large amounts of email. I need to know if there is a way to see who is sending in real time. Something that will point me to the user(s) doing the sending right now (real time) Thanks for any help, Terry On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:41:45 -0500, "theitman" <nospam@olsbuff.com> wrote: >- >Hello everyone, > >Exchange 5.5 >How can I see in real time who is sending outbound email? >Several times per week I have users sending out...