Making Bars Transparent

Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent?
0
Tiffany (21)

Hi,

Here is a work around.
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is a work around.
> http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Tiffany wrote:
> > Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent?
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
Tiffany (21)
7/27/2005 2:48:05 PM
Thanks.  I have been trying to solve this as well.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is a work around.
> http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Tiffany wrote:
> > Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent?
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
TM (9)

put back the bar code for envelopes
The United State post office would appreciate it if you gave MS Word users the ability to print zip code bar codes on the bottom of our envelopes again, so would I! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en...

Making labels from Merge Mail in Word (2007) from Excel list
When attempting to make labels by using Merge mail in Word (followed all instructions in Excell on formating the list of recipietnts and then following Word instructions to download the recipients from Excel onto the labels, I continue to get "Unrecognized format from Excel". Anyone have any ideas? -- Tracy From: "Tracy" <Tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> | When attempting to make labels by using Merge mail in Word (followed all | instructions in Excell on formating the list of recipietnts and then | following Word instructions to download the recipie...

My text seems stuck in the text box! I can't make changes!HELP!
I am trying to alter text just typed into a text box using Publisher 2003. For some reason, the system will not allow me to go back to edit. Any ideas? Thanks Is your application activated? Is it just this one text box in this publication? Are you working with a template? Select the text box, copy, paste, can you edit the pasted text box? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Learner" <Learner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68E3A7B3-BB72-4D73-9250-BF4F3FAE2C08@microsoft.com... >I a...

Outlook shortcut bar #4
I add items to the shortcut bar and delete others. The next time I open Outlook, those I added are gone and those I deleted are back. ...

How to make Outlook my eMail choiceinstead of Thunderbird?
Set it as default in Control panel, Internet options, programs tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com. "johnmcinerney" <...

how do i make a chart follow the active cell
I have a worksheet that has frozen panes. I need the chart that is on the worksheet to be visible wherever the cursor is. is this possible? Hi, That would require VBA code. This example places the chart to the right of the active cell. Add this to the sheet code module which contains the chart object. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) With Target.Parent.ChartObjects(1) .Top = Target.Cells(1).Top .Left = Target.Cells(1).Left + Target.Cells(1).Width End With End Sub Cheers Andy mepetey wrote: > I have a worksheet that has froze...

how do I make an excel template
I am trying to figure out a way to make a spreadsheet to track fees that are paid each week in our soccer team. I have no idea where to start or what to do. I need something than can accomodate dates, names and an amount paid and that will also give me a balance per person each week. Are there any templates like this that anyone knows of, or is there a tutorial somewhere that I can attempt to make my own? Thanks I could help you with this, but need to know what the weekly amount would be to give you anything "nice". Meanwhile, you could take my extreme tutorial: http://www.off...

How does one make VS compile unsafe code
Hi, This is not the first time I've used unsafe code in C# projects. Usually, I simply check the box in the project properties telling it to allow unsafe code. I've done that for this project, yet VS is telling that, "Unsafe code may only appear in compiling with / unsafe." So, here's the command line being used to compile: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Csc.exe /noconfig /unsafe- / nowarn:618,1701,1702 /nostdlib+ /platform:x86 /errorreport:prompt / warn:4 I'm betting that this is complaining because the switch that appears above is "...

Make a calandar chart
I want to use excel to make a calendar chart. across the top i want the twelve months. Within each month i would like 4 or 5 columns to represent the weeks. the vertical axis will represent data to be plotted by pencil. the cells will remain blank in excel. In essence i am making a one page piece of graph paper. Can I put the vertical week columns within the month columns? how? Is there another alternative? Thanks, Helixal There may be something in here that will help you:- http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/CT103589901033.aspx Please hit yes if my comme...

How to run a make table qry from switchboard
I have built a switchboard that runs reports. All of the reports are built from queries which have a common table. That table is built from a make table query. Question: How can I run the make table query from the switchboard so that my data is up to date? THANKS OK...I figured out how to get the Query to run...So now, how do I Supress the question windows and get them to automatically select "Yes" so the Make table will run without the user having to select Yes to delete and Yes to run? Thanks "Rachael" wrote: > I have built a switchboar...

How can I add a caption for each data point in a bar graph?
When you place the mouse over a data point a pop up box appears with the series name and value. How can I add additional information to that box using excel...if its possible? See the Hover Chart Labels add-in on Tushar Mehta's web site: http://tushar-mehta.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Lexy wrote: > When you place the mouse over a data point a pop up box appears with the > series name and value. How can I add additional information to that box using > exce...

Making vcomments to html-page?
Hi! I wan't to make comments to my visio drawing and then save it as html-page. Is it possible to make comments to visio drawing so that I'm able to see them in html-page? Thank you! -Mikko- You may add custom fields to your drawings. Custom field's content showing on the left pane of Visio html page. -- Best wishes, ____________________ Andrew G. Derenchenko "Mikko" <mikko.nevalainen@corenet.fi> wrote in message news:028301c38ca3$2e12fca0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I wan't to make comments to my visio drawing and then save > it as html-pa...

Making cell references super-absolute
How do I make a cell reference so permanent that even inserting rows or columns above, below, or within the ranges of the formula does not affect the reference? In other words, "=AVERAGE($E$7:$E$11)" is good and well, until I insert a row of cells in row 7, and then Excel changes my formula to "=AVERAGE($E$8:$E$12)". I don't want Excel to change my formula. I'll also be happy to consider other workarounds-- but the people who will be using this template are technology-illiterate. Thanks. You are aware, aren't you, that the super-absolute formula no longer a...

Tool bar Icons should get brighter when clicked several times
It might be helful if the icons on the tool bar would get brighter after serveral uses making them easier to locate. This could be reset when the program is closed or retained depending on the users choice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

Net Worth Over Time Report doesn't show bar chart
I just upgraded from Money 2000 to the Canadian version on Money 2006 Standard and the Net Worth Over Time Report doesn't work properly. It will only show as a report. Options to change to a bar chart are greyed out. The first half dozen times I tried the report it showed the months but there was no data on the report. After trying various combinations of Level of Detail and Display As it now shows the data in a report format. The Net Worth Over Time bar chart was about the only thing my wife ever looked at. If the bars kept getting higher towards the right all was good. If not, ...

make a cell empty based on condition
I am trying to make a cell value be null with the following:=IF($C$2>=A18,A18,"") My goal is to make C18 be empty if this is false. I don't want it to be blank; I want it to be as if I never typed a value in the cell at all. When I try the above, C18 is blank when the above evaluates to false, but I am creating a chart and the chart recognizes the cell as having a value. It plots the data point. I've already gone to Tools/Options/Chart and set it to not plot empty cells. The problem is that it still shows the x-axis value though with no data. If I delete the c...

How to make comments move with cells when cutting pasting, or inserting rows
I have to insert / delete rows or move cells often. When I do this, my "comments" boxes don't move with the cells (they end up all over the place), and they often grow tremendously. Is there some way to make the comment boxes autosize and follow the cells??? Thanks! Debra Dalgleish has some code that does lots of things to comments: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html Including resizing them: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Resize (and repositioning them to their original spot (just scroll up on that last link).) "anonymous@discussions.micr...

how to remove shading on calendar in the short cut bar?
I click on the short cut button of the short cut bar of my calendar and then the month got shaded I will like to know how to take off the shading of the calendar in the short cut section You mean it is selected? Simply select another calendar. Which version of Outlook are we talking about here? Otherwise, publish a screenshot somewhere and post the link to it here. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real W...

making frames in a spread sheet?
Does any one know how to make a spreadsheet in to frames? i tried freeze pane but what i really want is to separate the worksheet into frames like a webpage, so if i scroll down the right side, the left side and the top side won't mvoe... thanks jay I think about the closest you can get is to have two vertically positioned windows side by each. The active window will scroll but inactive will remain stationary. Excel has no "frames" feature like a webpage. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 16 Nov 2006 16:14:35 -0800, jaymai108@gmail.com wrote: >Does any one know how to make...

How do I show the document title bar on a microsoft word document?
How do I show the document title bar when opening a word document? The Document title bar is the blue bar above the Word window and should always be displayed? Do you perhaps mean that you want to add the document path to the title bar? In which case you need to add the line ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName to an autoopen macro in the normal template http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www...

Slider bar continues to increment when mouse hovers over arrow
I am using a slider control from the forms toolbar. I also have a data table setup on my sheet and I view the results in a graph.. My problem concerns the behavior of the slider bar in Automatic calculation mode. If I click (and release) once on the slider arrow the slider increments by one, but then continues incrementing as long as the mouse pointer hovers over the slider arrow (even though I click and release no more than once). I just want it to increment one unit for one click and release, recalculate and let me see the results on a graph, then I may click again to increment one more and...

Data bar conditional formatting based on another cell
I'm using Excel 2007 and have my setup as below: =20 Column A contains list of names Column K contains percentage gains for the names in column A. The percentages vary between -100% and +100% =20 I want to apply conditional formatting as below: Have a 'data bar' in column A with GREEN color if=20 the corresponding value in K is positive. Have a 'data bar' in column A with RED color if=20 the corresponding value in K is negative. =20 There is another sheet where column K contains numbers=20 instead of percentages. I would like to format column A=20 in the same way here as we...

4 postcards on page need to make 10 pages how?
Using Publisher 07, I have 4 postcards to a page & need to make 10 pages (total 40 postcards). At present I am printing 1 card at a time, because I can't figure out what to do. Please advise me, it must be something simple. Thanks. CJ I use Publisher 2000 so these instructions are going to be a bit different but you may be able to get the idea. I'm assuming your work area is the size of the postcard, i.e., "4x5" or near that. Now to Print. File Print Page Options button Custom Options button Change the Side Margin, Top Margin, Horizontal gap to 0 and the Vert...

Make Exchange machine JUST Exchange?
I inherited a network with two DCs, both running DHCP/WINS/DNS, and one is also running Exchange, while the other is the File/Print Server. I am thinking about pulling DHCP/WINS/DNS off the Exchange Server, and possibly demoting to a Member Server as well. Anyone have any suggestions here? Good idea, or bad? Is the DC demotion more or less important than the DHCP/WINS/DNS removal. FWIW, we are 35 users, using OWA with IIS on the Exchange machine. Thanks, Gordon - Promoting/demoting existing Exchange box - bad idea. Don't do it. - You'll need to setup another box temporarily, mo...

Want to hide formula bar when displayed on the browser
Hi, We've developped a system that generates an Excel file that is displayed on the web. Our only problem is we want to prevent the formula bar from showing up in the browser. Since the system is part of a highly secure Intranet network, we can't use a macro to hide it when the file is opened. Is there anyone somewhere with an idea? Thanks We publish on our intranet by copying the workbook to the require location. If the formula bar etc. is removed via the Options menu before the fil is saved locally this is reflected in the intranet copy -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelFo...