making a trendline appear on a graph

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew whether it were possible to
insert a button next to the chart and assigning a macro to
it that either made a trendline appear or disappear?
Like an On/Off switch

If so how?

Thanks
Dean
0
anonymous (74722)

I have found a way myself !
You can create your own trend line using the trend
function and apply the values as a data source in the
graph.
Create a button/switch using true/false values
on the trend function - using an IF funciton to make the
cell value either #N/A on true or return the 'value' on
false.
Line will appear and dissapear like magic.

So there you go - a bit of thought applied :o)
byye

0
anonymous (74722)
6/18/2004 3:21:52 AM
Thanks for letting folks know.  If you want to use a trendline that is
something other than linear, check Bernard Liengme's
http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <1dcad01c454e3$6691ff50$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I have found a way myself !
> You can create your own trend line using the trend
> function and apply the values as a data source in the
> graph.
> Create a button/switch using true/false values
> on the trend function - using an IF funciton to make the
> cell value either #N/A on true or return the 'value' on
> false.
> Line will appear and dissapear like magic.
>
> So there you go - a bit of thought applied :o)
> byye

Help Graphing data.
I have CSV files containing 5 minute averages of a router's throughput. There are 4 fields/columns, Day, time, packets/sec in, and packets/sec out. A new file is created each day at midnight. I have no problem graphing the data for a single day. But how do I import/combine the data from several days and graph each day's packets in and packets out on their own separate line, using the Date to start a new graph line? TIA ---Example-Day1------------ "2007-09-11","00:03",97,140 "2007-09-11","00:08",108,155 "2007-09-11","00:13&...

Parameters on a Graph not showing up in text box
I have a report with a crosstab query on a graph with parameters. I need the parameters (which is division and department) to show up on the graph. I added a text box in and built an expression. =" " & [Department] & " / " & [Division] The Department and Divsion will not pass through onto the graph report. I get =name? error. Any suggestions? ...

How to make a modaless dialog never active?
Hi, I want to make a modaless dialog (without a title bar) never active. I don't know if there is a better way than the following one. Please advise. Thanks. Tony ====== My awkward method ===== Would it be safe to manually add the following handler? The class wizard doesn't show WM_NCHITTEST so maybe MFC has a reason to discourage creating such a handler for a modaless dialog. Besides, I intend to have the dialog ignore any mouse click, will it safely do this job? UINT CSymbolAnnotationListBox::OnNcHitTest(CPoint point) { UINT nHitTest = CListBox::OnNcHitTest(point);...

type in one sheet and appear on all sheets
Hi, I have an excel spreadsheet that i use for work and it has 6 different pages. Some of the pages have the same information as the first page. How can i get the info from the first page to appear on all the other pages without typing it into every page? I have tried to do the = on the last page and carry it to the first page and press enter but on the last page all i get is #value. Could someone please tell me what i am doing wrong. thanks Jim. Click on the sheet tab of the first sheet, hold down the shift key. This groups the sheets together, anything typed on the first sheet w...

"Calculate" appears in staus bar
In Excel 2003, what does it mean when "Calculate" appears in the left side of the staus bar. I checked options, and calculate is set to automatic. In most instances, calcuations are automatic. but i have lately had one workbook that switches to manual calculate. But not always. I did open a file that was created in XL2010. But it had no macros. When I see "Calculate" in the status bar, what does it mean? Thanks, Tonso "Tonso" <wthomasss@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:075fbbe4-d91e-405f-a4d4-c5f13ddaea6c@s12g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > In Excel 2...

Making a Program
I am trying to make a program for a concert and can't access the back page. I have altered page 1, 2 and 3 but can't seem to access the last page. is there like a next page button that i've over looked or a secret trick??? Can someone help me please?? Missy wrote: > I am trying to make a program for a concert and can't access the back > page. I have altered page 1, 2 and 3 but can't seem to access the > last page. is there like a next page button that i've over looked or > a secret trick??? > Can someone help me please?? ===============================...

How do I make this UPDATE smaller?
UPDATE table1 SET table1.[26] = '1' WHERE (((table1.[Mod])='26')) ; UPDATE table1 SET table1.[50] = '1' WHERE (((table1.[Mod])='50')) ; UPDATE table1 SET table1.[51] = '1' WHERE (((table1.[Mod])='51')) ; UPDATE table1 SET table1.[62] = '1' WHERE (((table1.[Mod])='62')) ; UPDATE table1 SET table1.[66] = '1' WHERE (((table1.[Mod])='66')) ; UPDATE table1 SET table1.[80] = '1' WHERE (((table1.[Mod])='80')) ; UPDATE table1 SET table1.[81] = '1' WHERE (((table1.[Mod])='81')) ...

Floating Graphs
Is it possible in Excel, to have a chart "floating" on a sheet, ie. as I scroll across or up and down the data on the sheet, to have the chart remain in the same place on the screen. Thanks, Rob "OM" wrote in message news:45013ea8$0$11971$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au > Is it possible in Excel, to have a chart "floating" on a sheet, ie. as I > scroll across or up and down the data on the sheet, to have the chart remain > in the same place on the screen. See this thread. "Floating Command button" http://groups.google.com/group/microsof...

Re: Letters not appearing
> Do you have the text box set behind the picture box? Try the arrange > forward, backward. > And you probably don't need to hit the keyboard hard. > > -- > David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP > Visit www.davidbartosik.com > for Publisher and Web Design > Tips and How-to's. > > "JamesK" <kenneyg@ameritech.net> wrote in message > news:b72d01c38177$85511240$a601280a@phx.gbl... > > I type caption under pictures. > > Now only some of the letters or no letters appear, > > no matter how hard I hit the key board. > > The ...

complete a line in the middle of a graph to meet both X and Y axes
I have created a line chart with limited data and now want to execute that line in order that they intersect both x and y axes, on the same path.. How can i perform this in Microsoft Excel ...

Report Button appears then disappears then reappears
All of my users at one time or another have access to the Reports area. Recently I have had a report button that is there, then disappears, then randomly reappears in all of my Outlook Laptop client users only. I don't have this trouble with my users who are on the Outlook Desktop client. I have found no way to "jiggle the cables" to make the report button or access reappear. For my users who have this problem, which isn't all of my users, and it is random, even going to the web client, they still cannot get access to reports. I've tried repairing the clien...

Can you help make this work?
I needa job, thought this formula would help. It compiles but, like me, it ain't working! ======================================= Sub Stantial() Hell = CrappyJob End Sub Function CrappyJob(Optional OvertimeHours = 0) LowPay = ResultOf(PoorEducation And CrappyJob) If LowPay <> Unhappiness Then LowPay = LessFreedom + FewerToys While ItSucks(CrappyJob And LowPay) Fullfillment = Want / More / Toys If Not Fullfillment Then ComeToRealization = Toys <> Happiness If ComeToRealization Then LowPay = Increase(Low...

disappeared trendline
How can I find a disappeared trendline, after I added new cell in my worksheet. bertsn, Could you be a little more specific? Was the trendline generated with Excel's trendline option or did you create it in another area of the worksheet and then plot it as another series? What type of chart, etc. - more info will help. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "bertsn" wrote: > How can I find a disappeared trendline, after I added new cell in my worksheet. Hallo John, Thanks for answering my question. I have solved the problem. It was a x/y-graph with dat...

When box is checked Yes, how to make the entire column turn grey??
Please explain how to do this. Thanks What box? d wrote: > Please explain how to do this. Thanks Use a linked cell (in an out of the way location) and then use that value as the rule for conditional formatting. The details would depend on how you made the checkbox and what version of excel you're using. d wrote: > > Please explain how to do this. Thanks -- Dave Peterson "Bob I" wrote: > What box? > > d wrote: > > > Please explain how to do this. Thanks > > Im trying to make a entire row shade to gray when it is completed. So...

MANY conditional formats (appear to) make Excel 2007 SLOWWWwww !!!
I have developed some EXTENSIVE worksheets for the production of our financial statements (& various other purposes). I make extensive use of conditional formatting to highlight variations in data & 'aberrant' financial results. This was developed -- & runs just FINE -- in Excel 2003. The formatting of 'raw' financial data (output from our accounting system reports) in these worksheets is controlled by code -- which iterates row-by-row through the worksheet to set up all the formulas, references, conditional formatting, etc. All starts off FINE -- but, as th...

standard deviation graph
I have values that are produced every 3 minutes. I have calculated the standard deviation of those values for each hour for a 7 month span. That is 5115 records. How do I make a bell shaped curve with these values? keano - I suggest you start by creating a histogram (column chart of a frequency distribution). The Histogram tool of the Analysis ToolPak (an Excel-provided add-in) automates the procedure, or you could use my Better Histogram tool available from the Histogram page at www.treeplan.com. The chart of the frequency distribution may or may not have a bell shape. - Mike M...

how do i make typing vertical?
If you mean turn the text through 90 degrees then try Format > Cells > Alignment > Orientation and set to 90 degrees. If you mean letters the right way up but one above the other then press Alt + Enter after entering each letter HTH Sandy -- to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk "elks" <elks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29838177-68C0-42AC-A1CC-5C3C8E7724D4@microsoft.com... > ...

Adding a new line to an existing graph, using excel 2007
Hi: I would like instructions on how to add a new line to an existing graph (that already has 5 lines), using Excel 2007. The data is already in my spreadsheet. -- jim white EXCEL 2007 1. Right click in the graph. 2. Of the options that become displayed select:- Select Data . . . 3. Select Data Source window should launch. 4. Highlight the extended range of data you want to include in your graph (including the new data). 5. Hit OK. 6. The 6th line should get added to your graph. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "...

balances that don't make sense
I've had Money 2002 Deluxe since it came out. I've gone through the setup thing at least 20 times and I still have problems getting any statements that make sense. For example, I recently did the setup again and for my checking account at Citibank, I entered the amount from my last statement. Later, I downloaded my statement from Citibank. Everything seemed fine. The amount in my register actually matched what my online Citibank statement said. A day later, my Money register shows that I have a LOT more money than what I have in my account per my Citibank online. When ...

How to make picture a background?
I want to take a picture and make it a soft backgound-almost transparent To create a colored "watermark". In Publisher 2000: Insert Picture New Drawing Insert clipart/picture Right click on the picture Format Picture Picture Tab Image Control and change to Watermark. "sj" <sj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C33D7925-3C57-48D4-96FC-DEE3AA8F59FF@microsoft.com... > I want to take a picture and make it a soft backgound-almost transparent Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up a note from sj <sj@disc...

how to make postcards in word for mass mailing
I wish to make postcards in word for a mass mailing, does anyone know how to do this? Type 'em up and print them out? "lilfrogr" <lilfrogr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F542BCFE-CB4B-4562-9BFE-5DC049864AD9@microsoft.com... :I wish to make postcards in word for a mass mailing, does anyone know how to : do this? If you have the addresses in a format that can be used for mail merge use mail merge See the article "Creating a Mail Merge Data Sourceā€ at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm and the ar...

how can I print edge to edge when making postcards in publisher?
I made my Postcards 4 per page portrait and the cards appear off center in the print preview and parts are cut off and there is a white area on all 4 sides. I need to print edge to edge how can I adjust the margins? Can your printer print borderless? Your printer has margin limitations, an unprintable area. Generally in portrait your largest margin will be on the bottom. Look at your documentation. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tnaa97" <tnaa97@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D...

Wonky Area Graph Problem
For a project I'm working on I have an area graph that has two series (actual data and projected data). As the x-axis has weekly data i'd like the point of the "actual data" to flow right into the "forecasted data". This works but for some bizarre reason the vertical line that separates these two areas is not purely vertical but slants backward to the left. Probably best to show a picture of this. I've posted it here: http://ken.net/images/WonkyAreaGraph.jpg Any help would be appreciated. Your data is like actual projected 1-jan-07 1...

Graph Values
I have a bar graph with 5 years of data; however, I would like to show the values for only the last two years. It there a way to do this? Thanks. Michelle Maybe you could just apply Data|filter|autofilter to your data. Then show just the dates you want. Then select the chart and tools|options|Chart Tab Make sure that "Plot visible cells only" is checked. (It was for me by default.) Michelle wrote: > > I have a bar graph with 5 years of data; however, I would > like to show the values for only the last two years. > > It there a way to do this? > > Tha...

Label attempt making me nuts!
I'm Trying to print labels in word, from excel data base and getting a some ZEROs in the zip code column...It appears that it's happening in the rows where I have a zip plus four code...I can't seem to format the column so this doesn't happen.. HELP In Word, after you select your Excel file as a data source, you should see a 'Confirm Data Source' dialog box. (If you don't see the dialog box, change the setting in Word -- under Tools>Options, General -- add a check mark to 'Confirm Conversion at Open') From that list, choose...