make line in chart start at y axis

I have a line in a chart flows along the x axis but start about .5cm from the
y axis and I want it to start from the y axis.  eg I-----------  not  I
--------------

Any suggestions?
0
tone (7)

Hi,

On your Line chart double click the category(X) axis to display the
format dialog. On the scale tab uncheck the
'Value (Y) axis crosses between categories' property.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Change colouirs in stacked bar chart
Up to now I've been happy with the colours Excel decides to use for each element of my stacked bar chart. But more recently the colours of latest additions to the tops of the bars are very similar to the ones directly below and difficult to discern. How do you change a specific colour/s? Rob Graham Hi try right clicking on the series you want to change, then select 'format data series' 'patterns tab' on the form and choose a colour under 'area -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thanks Nicky Rob ...

multiple charts #8
Hello, I have 100 series on my spreadsheet and I need to make a chart for each one. How do I make it in one shot? I have data ordered in four columns A to D. A= Serial number B,C,D= Data Thanks for your reply. Thanks for your reply. In fact i have Excel 2007. I tried your advice but how do you modify the code? Thanks again for your answer. "Andy Pope" wrote: > Hi, > > The only way to do this in 1 shot is with code. > If you have xl2003 or older you can create the first chart whilst recording > your actions. > Then modify the code to process the remaining ...

adding multiple error bars to bar chart
i need some help!! i need to add error bars to a bar chart, and each value in the series has a different standard error which has to be added. any ideas how i can do this?? each time i try and change the error bar they all change in the series! Help me please! Hi, On the Error bar dialog is the option to use a range as the values. This can be used for both positive and negative values. See Jon Peltier's page, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html Cheers Andy belinda001 wrote: > i need some help!! i need to add error bars to a bar chart, and each value in > ...

one line display in Entouragew

Can't edit email subject line or text in Windows Mail??
-- I can't edit email subject line or text in Windows Mail without resending it to myself. I used to have this functionality in Outlook Express [ Windows XP ]. I like to change the subject line to something more reflective of the contents of the email for when I save it in a folder. Also, many times there is a lot of junk in the body text of the email which I like to reduce to only the relevant info. In XP I could hit "edit message" in EDIT and I could change as necessary. Can someone tell me how to make changes to the Windows Mail system to allow this functionalit...

custom colors for pie charts
I have a pipe chart tracking resin colors. It would be nice to assign each pie piece the color it represents. For instance, yellow resin has been assigned a blue pie piece, blue has been assigned a purple pie piece, etc. I have 13 colors to track. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This would be helpful to know. I am confronted with a similar dilemma. "Moh" wrote: > I have a pipe chart tracking resin colors. It would be nice to assign each > pie piece the color it represents. For instance, yellow resin has been > assigned a blue pie piece, blue has been assigned...

How can I make my row height exactly 21.4?
Each time I try to make my row height an exact size it rounds to the nearest ..25. I am using Microsoft Office XP and I have all of the latest updates. Each .25 is equal to 1 pixel on the display. And the display cannot go less than 1 pixel. So you won't be able to get a row height other than in .25 increments. "Monty" wrote: > Each time I try to make my row height an exact size it rounds to the nearest > .25. I am using Microsoft Office XP and I have all of the latest updates. Monty You cannot change this default behaviour. Why do you need 21.4 points? Perh...

Automatic Text Labels in Charts
Hi folks, I need to call upon the experts here for a problem that has left me scratching my head. I have opened an existing Excel file that has a line chart with 3 data series and is plotted by date on the X axis. The originator of the chart has accessed Data Labels for one of the data series, which allows text input at that line - and can be a different value (or blank) for each data point in the series. The Format Data Series Window - Data Labels tab shows the box "Automatic Text" selected for this series. I need to do a the same thing in a new Excel file, but when...

Line graph w/ recent data
I have a 2 column ss. One column is a date and time stamp, the other is a number value. I want a Line graph that automatically plots the 20 (or whatever) most-recent entries as soon as the entry is made. Can this be done? Thanks. If it's date and time, you should make an XY chart. You can make a dynamic chart of the last N values: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "bflorox" <bflorox@discussions.microsof...

How do I specify a constant Y-value for an X-series
I am using an XY (scatter) chart to plot eight time-stamped events (series). I want the Y-value for each event to be a constant so I can use different colored error bars with different heights to show the event/series on my chart. Currently I have filled columns with the desired constant value (4, 6, 8, 10, ...) for each X-series and use these columns to supply the constant Y-value. There must be a simpler way to accomplish my objective. If I provide the constant as, for example, 6, to the Y-series, it uses this value only for the first x-series point. I want it to use this value ...

new string started on PF contact folder issue
Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my question. I wanted to clear the air on my original message, I think it had some confusing/incorrect syntax. As I re-read my post, it doesn't make sense, so I'll rephrase. Forget all the references to the GAL as in my 1st post. When the SBS server user creates a PF containg contact items, by default the properties/OAB tab/'show this folder as an email address list' ISN'T ticked. When he does tick it on the server-side, the Outlook 2003 clients open a new email clicks on To: and in the address lists available, the newly c...

Line numbers some numbers are blue some are black
I have set up a custom filter to hide anything with a date in the field. It has been working fine until today and it stopped filtering. The only thing I can see is when it stopped filtering the line numbers turned black instead of blue. How do I correct this problem? It has hide all but 28 lines of 121, does it stop filtering after a certain number has been hidden? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Nancy you probably need to reestablish the range the filter is covering "nkt122866" wrote: > I have set up a custom filter to hide anything with a date in the ...

Y axis, need varying units
I'm using Excel 2002. I have data that looks like this: X Y 2.56937391 4.077622647 2.58546073 8.180775241 2.589949601 12.29105172 2.657055853 16.50782651 2.741151599 20.8580621 2.854306042 25.38787495 2.862131379 29.9301067 2.935507266 34.58878672 3.192009593 39.65453856 3.250175948 44.812601 3.266936911 49.99726325 3.268343914 55.18415844 3.339451441 60.483902 3.354684554 65.80782066 3.454234896 71.28972673 3.465234095 76.78908865 3.532754379 82.39560594 3.572755465 88.06560537 3.582631439 93.75127807 3.937417581 100 I need to produce a scatter plot in excel. Simple to do in g...

Chart not responding
I have just opened a spreadsheet that I use every month (saved as .xls but opened in Excel 2007) and then gone to the chart to update the data to show Feb's figures. But when I click with my mouse on the chart, nothing happens. It won't select anything. I tried doing a new chart but even that won't respond to my mouse. However, if I copy the data into a new spreadsheet and generate a chart, it responds just like it's meant to. What am I doing wrong in the existing spreadsheet? Take a back up. Try saving as a .xlsx file. See if that makes any differe...

Time axis not accurate on graph
When I graph items against date, the time scale is not even. For example, if I have the following dates 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, there will be the same amount of space between 2000 - 2005 as between 2005-2006. Is there a way to make the time scale correct? thanks for any help. Huck Hi You will need to insert some values for 2001 through 2004 in your source data. Make the values =NA() -- Regards Roger Govier "Huck" <huckrorick@groundwork.org> wrote in message news:O8xVE$j2HHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > When I graph items against date, the time scale i...

remote chart update
I have a workbook that has several charts on a server share on my network, i have copied the charts to a new workbook on a pc at a different office. My problem is the charts are not updating while the workbook is open. The master works fine and when data is changed the server graphs change but the graphs at my office do not update. Any ideas on this would be much appreciated. Binza What is you calculation status (Tools>Options...>Calculate)? -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "BINZA@&quo...

Printing Charts with Two Y-Axes
I have several (more than 15) charts that have two axes - One for Qty and the Other for $$. When I choose print workbook, the charts all come out funny. Theonly way I can get them to print ok is to preview each chart and print separately. Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong? Thanks ...

Scroll Bars
Hi Ive added a scroll bar to my worksheet from the forms tools. I want to have a table which is a fixed size and the scroll bar can b used to move to columns across to view all data. i.e. user views a fixed table of 5 columns but data is made up of 1 columns. The scroll bar will move the data. I also want the same use for a chart. Please Help....! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Stephen Bullen has a sample chart with scrolling on his web site. Under &#...

text box on a chart can't be copied
Excel 2003 I have a regular clustered column chart that shows compliance on turning in forms. Each manager is supposed to turn in 4 audit forms each month (with an optional 5th week). Each form has 5 audits on it so that's 5 audits from each manager each week. I have a little chart that shows how many they turn in each week with a horozontal line for the goal (240 for the month) on the left side of the chart I have 5 text boxes: week 1, week 2, etc It looks great and is easy to see at a glance who has turned in what they should when they should. the problem is that I copy the char...

make large worksheet from workbook
I have several worksheets in a workbook. I'd like to pull all contents (from all worksheets) into one worksheet, while leaving the other worksheets in tact. Is there a way to do that. The other worksheets will change periodically, so it has to be setup to allow for those changes/additions. I have no idea how to approach this or what to look up to find help. Any thoughts? Thanks. Hi better would be if you had only one master sheet. any way to change your spreadsheet layout? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Cowtoon" <Cowtoon@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Dynamic chart #10
I need to be able to create a rolling 30 day chart. I have looked at some of the postings online and found them to be very helpful. I need to make a slight modification to do look at days rather than months. I am utilizing NAMES. here is my chtCar code:=IF(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$75=(TODAY()),OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)-1,0,-MIN(chtlen,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)-1),1)) I think I am close however I get FALSE in my results. I need help! any suggestions? Hi, You might try something like this, where your dates are in A1:A500 and your data is in B1:B500. This formula returns an array of t...

Autofit makes rows too tall #2
leaftye Wrote: > When I have multiple lines in a cell, Autofit makes my rows too tall no > matter how I activate the Autofit utility. What can I do so Autofit > sizes my rows properly? > > Eugene Here's what seems to be working for me: Code: -------------------- Sub TrimRightSpaces() 'David McRitchie 2000-07-03 mod 2000-08-16 join.htm 'Modified to only trim right spaces Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual Dim cell As Range 'Also Treat CHR 0160, as a space (CHR 032) Selection.Replace What:=Ch...

Large files & charting data
I am trying to chart data with 250,000+ points per column. Unfortunately Excel only takes 65,000 (approx.). Is there an alternative software of some other option I can use to import all the data I require for this analysis? This is proving to be a real problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Basic Categorical Pie Chart Question
Dear Friends: I have a basic categorical data set which is based on expense categories for a personal budget for my students: E 10.00 T 30.00 C 80.00 O 40.00 F 20.00 E 10.00 I would like for them to highligh their data and make a pie chart so that same categories are lumped together. In the data set above, the "E" category should total $20, but when I insert the pie chart in the spreadsheet, it separates them as two different "E"s. If I am able to ask Excel to group same categories together and total, then I would like for the category labels and percentages to show on ...

2003 calendar start/end time
I found this thread http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_frm/thread/4b020c2231cc38b8/0dfe2b2619f3ea20?q=end+time&rnum=3#0dfe2b2619f3ea20 but I'm still not having any success with what I want. The default when setting an appt is that the appt will be 1/2 hour. In most cases, I'd just as soon have it be zero minutes, so I have to change the end time. In the thread cited Nikki said "Outlook will start to offer that. It takes a few uses to work." However, I've not found that to be the case. One can change the default Reminder, surely there is a ...