Macro help please

I have three columns (A, B, C) on a sheet (Data) -- in column A
"names" are listed (one name can be listed multiple times) -- column B
is a list of "training courses" that the employee has taken -- and C
has a "date" that the course was completed. On a second sheet
(Matrix)  would like a unique list of the names and in Columns B-Z R2
I have the courses listed out. I am looking for a macro that will run
through the data to find the name and course combination and return
the date completed on the Matrix sheet. Any help would be greatly
appreciated! Thanks
0
Terri817 (2)

Help with WSDL (XSD) compiler
Hi, We like to consume a web service. This web service implement a OTA service (this service result Schema is available under http://www.opentravel.org/2005B/OTA_AirAvailRS.xsd). Doesn’t matter witch client proxy generation tool we use (VS 2005 “Add Web Reference”, VS 2005 “Add Service Reference”, WSDL.exe, svcutil.exe, and we also try WSCF – Web Services Contract First Tool from thinktecture and Christian Weyer) doesn’t work. The tools works but the generate wrong code. The schema looks: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xs:schema id="Schem...

Need help bring over GP 7.0 data to new a GP 8.0 server.
I'm setting up a GP 8.0 Test Server with SQL 2000 SP3a installed. How do I bring my Great Plains 7.0 Data into the GP 8.0 envirnoment? Thanks in advance, The easiest way is the following: On the 7.0 server, detach DYNAMICS. Copy the DYNAMICS mdf and ldf file from the 7.0 to the 8.0 server. On the 8.0 server, attach and browse to the mdf that you copied. On the 7.0 server, attach DYNAMICS. Repeat for all databases. If you also need the sql logins from the 7.0 server, there is a TK on how to do this (uses a table called RecoveryMaster within Dynamics db). If you can go without the s...

Can not get Excel macros to save chart format -lost in space!
Help??? I've been searching this forum for 5 days trying to find a problem similar to what I am having without any luck. I have been trying to use Excel macro to record the creation, formating and saving of a simple bar chart against my Excel data range but the macros do not run for the chart. I am able to creat the charts okay but the macro craps out when I run it. I keep getting " Set ActiveChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(Chart1)" type errors as if it's not recognizing the chart that I just made. I am an advanced Excel person BUT not so with VB coding. ...

Help with Charts
:confused -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I work in a Doctors surgery and I'm creating a Spread Sheet for select number of patients to monitor their blood results. I need about 30 charts on each patients sheet, To save me doing eac one seperately I have tryed to copy and paste them in to the nex patients details.... But all the charts refer to the previous patient details. Is there anyway of copying them so that they relate to th sheet they are copied in to? Thanx Alexandra Huckerby (fustrated and tired!! -- ~lexy -----------------...

Excel Formula Help
I need to create a spreadsheet to calculate my weekly payroll. The timecards are punched in a timeclock which prints out the in and out times. for example, in at 7:30 am out at 5:00 pm. It also gives me a running total of the number of hours accumulated. I want to take the total number of hours and minutes and convert that to a decimal. If an employee has 32:35 minutes total time accumulated, then using a formula in an excel spreadsheet, I want to see these hours in decimal format, i.e., 32.58 Anyone know how to help me do this? Thanks! might want to try microsoft.public.excel Mat...

Help with MSN Synchronization-Money 2007
Hello, I have been using money for several years and have just recently upgraded to money 2007. Anyhow, I've noticed since I started using it my information has not updated on MSN money the web site (account transactions,balances, etc.) It also does not show my balance on my checking account (it says N/A) and it used to show it before. Is there some setting that has gotten screwed up somehow? Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know if any fixes? I've done everything the knowledge base article said-no results. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Dan Money comes wit...

Help creating two listings from one record
I have extracted "members" from my database. One record will contain LastName and FirstName, and may also contain SpouseName. Because I am creating membership cards in Publisher, I think I probably should actually create another query or ?? that contains one record with either [FirstName LastName] or [SpouseName LastName] Probablyl something like ... If SpouseName greater spaces List SpouseName LastName else next sentence. List FirstName LastName I don't have a clue how to do this in Access. Appreciate all help. Try this -- [FirstName] &a...

Type Mismatch error on DNS capture... HELP please
Hello, Does anybody can help me on this issue please? I did write a script to capture server primary and secondary DNS through WMI class, it is working properly with many servers in my environment, but for some reason that I don't know, it is stopping during execution at line 23 char 30, Error: Type mismatch, code: 800A000D, for some servers, all servers are in the same domain, with the same architeture, I cannot identify where VB is getting this error, also I've try with IP address and DNS name, same problem. here is the script. Option Explicit Dim DNS1, DNS2, o...

Context Sensitive Help
Hi All, I am using winHelp and creating context sensitive help. Every thing is working fine but it is not showing index tab after running ..hlp file.. Secondly when I click to Find tab it show me error Unable to display the Find tab.(177) As I am not much aware of help creation. Help me for good tutorial or suggest solution for this problem Thanx in Advance. Vivek --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.684 / Virus Database: 446 - Release Date: 5/13/2004 Vivek, > I am using winHelp and creating context sensi...

Extracting macros from a worksheet #3
Gord, Thanks for the info. I have Excel setup to ask me about enabling and disabling macros when opening a worksheet. I've tried both with no luck. I get the same error when attempting to open this file. The workbook that I'm opening has always worked before. That workbook and macros were designed and written by me and they have been working for more that 5 months now. There are only two worksheets in the workbook and I've never had any reason to group them together, however, when the workbook opens with the error, I can see that the two sheets are, in fact, selected. In add...

Make (save) a file by using macro recorder.
Hi all, I am new to macro and using macro recoder to create macro. On one file which I recieve every week from material department. I need to reformat and create pivot table. I use macro recorder and everything is working good. However I need that when my recorded macro end it create a file with the same name with the date and time it was create. I need every week a new file and I dont want to replace the one. Please let me know how I can create a new file with the date and time everyweek when I run my macro. Thanks -- Farhan Hi Farhan This should do it, just insert you...

MSScriptControl.ScriptControl help
Her is my powershell code: $vbsCode = Get-Content "c:\scripts\CreateMailbox.vbs" $vbs = New-Object -ComObject MSScriptControl.ScriptControl $vbs.language = "VBScript" $vbs.addCode([string]::Join("'n",$vbsCode)) #$vbs | Get-Member $vbs.CreateMailbox() Here is my vbscript code: Function CreateMailbox(Server,User) Dim oExchsrv Dim sDispName oExchsrv = Server sDispName = User Set oUser = GetObject ("LDAP://cn=" & sDispName & ",ou=New Accounts,dc=stormontvail,dc=org") WScript.Echo sSamAcct & " mailbox cr...

Drop Down Box Help
Hi I am new to using Excel more interactively. I am able to create drop down box so a user can choose a day of the week for example. But I want to be able to populate other cells in the column dependin on the choice from the drop down list. e.g. choose Tuesday from a list of days of the week in A2 and have B2 C2 etc filled with related data. Is this at all possible? Thank you in advance -- smcka ----------------------------------------------------------------------- smckay's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3582 View this thread: http://www.exc...

Help with formula please #3
Hello, I need a formula that can do the following: -give an average minutes and seconds per phone call This is the data that I will be entering: Calls: 120 Total talk time (hours): 4 Total talk time (minutes): 47 Total talk time (seconds): 52 Thank you Assuming the hours will not be greater than 23. Try this: B1 = 120 B2 = 4 B3 = 47 B4 = 52 =TIME(B2,B3,B4)/B1 Format as m:ss or h:m:ss -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Jimmy H" <spokenwords@gmail.com> wrote in message news:658b55fd-93e6-4eea-b11f-585544d97364@m7g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I need a...

help needed with repeated copy/paste special
[image: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rbhayana/backload.gif] [image: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rbhayana/mastertable.gif] I ran into a lot of work and am wondering if anyone can help me out. Help would be greatly appreciated because going thru 19272 records for copying and pasting is driving me insane. :mad: These are the 2 files I'm dealing with (see pictures above). Top one is backload file and the one underneath is mastertable. As you can see, FundataKey is common to both files. The values of Fundatakey are not repeated in mastertable however are repeated in the backload file. What...

Hlookup help
I have a spreadsheet with 23 columns and 361 rows. I am looking to see if I can use HLOOKUP to show me the lowest price in columns G-K-P. The other columns have different data in them. Is there a way to use HLOOKUP or something else to do this? Excel 2007 Thanks in advance. Ed Are you looking for the lowest value in G,K and P for a certain item (maybe it is named in A)? We need a bit more to go on! best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Ed S" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:B031D5D3-ECF6-4105-8807...

Re-assign account issues - MSFT Employees & MSCRM Partners
Scenario: Sales rep leaves the company - accounts need to be shuffled around - some to new rep and some to other reps - typical account realignment - happens in just about any sales org (for many reasons)nothing unique about this - I reassign accounts and of course any items/objects that are not completed, closed, etc...move with the account to the now owner - as it should - Any cases with a resolved status - stay with the respective case owner - as it should - makes sense, right? - The big problem comes in here and it makes no sense - Orders, Opportunities, Quotes, and Appointment activities ...

Copy data from Word macro to excel
I am working on a combined Word and Excel sheet (Both 2000 version) What I am trying to do is capture information in Word in an Userform The information that is entered in the form is then used to fill out word document that can be send to a customer. However this information also needs to be entered into an excel sheet currently that is done manually. But I would like to automate that wit a macro. The data that is being captured is in the following form: -If bolOKButtonPressed Then WordBasic.SetDocumentProperty "ProjectTitle", 0 UserForm1.ProjectTitle.Value, 2 WordBasic.SetD...

Please stop e-mails
The virus found was: W32/Swen.A@mm from: maryse.bernard@videotron.ca daniel.ramirez@codetel.net.do ce.nedra75@tiscalinet.it tnc@mx1.tees.ne.jp soumubu@jasmine.ocn.ne.jp dnorwoood1@houston.rr.com w@blueyonder.co.uk ...

Calculating Dates, PlEASE HELP! THANKS!
Ok, If I want to calculate the difference of a date with the following date in Access: so 3/29/08 in cell A1 and 5/3/08 in cell A2 and return the value in B1 of 35. How do I do this? Thanks! In Excell the formula looks like this: =IF(+A1-A2>0,A1-A2,0) Is this an Access question? If so, then post you table and field names with datatype, sample data, and what you want the results to look like. -- Build a little, test a little. "kritter0021" wrote: > Ok, If I want to calculate the difference of a date with the following date > in Access: ...

need some help with: formatting of x2 dates in 1 cell
Hi and thanks to anyone who reads this. I have a worksheet which contains two columns of dates. In a second worksheet i have a column which adds the two dates together as TEXT and ommits dates which are blank which works perfectly, however: I would like to know how i could format each of the 2 dates in the 1 cell to have different font colors? Here is my existing cell formula: =IF('Data'!E2=0,"",(TEXT('Data'!E2,"dd/mm/yy"))&" "&IF('Data'!F2=0,"",TEXT('Data'!F2,"dd/mm/yy"))) I have a feeling its not...

Out of Stack Space ... Recorded Macros
Excel2003 ... I know nothing of writing Code ... I Record Macros only ... That said ... SS working fine until I started getting error (Out of Stack Space) Is there "HELP" for me??? ... Thanks ... Kha SS Calculation set to "Manual" ... Here is my Recorded Code ... I am getting "Out of Stack Space" message on "Calculate" ... However, SS allows me to F9 Calculate??? Sub Sort_Type_Rec_Ascend() ' ' Sort_Type_Rec_Ascend Macro ' ' a = MsgBox("SORT ... Type Record (Ascending)?", vbYesNo, "ATTENTION!&...

Help: Need to delete duplicates
I have an access table that has over 470,000 rows. I need to delete the duplicates. None of the "append" query ideas will work as it involves copying and pasing the structure, and Access won't allow me to copy 470,000 rows. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to accomplish this? What error do you get when you run the append query? It could be that the file size is nearing the 2 GB limit. First make a backup copy of the database then run a compact and repair. Then try the append query ideas. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bont...

Macro Assigned to Tool Bar Button
How can I tell what Macro is assigned to a tool bar button? Thanks Right-Click the Toolbar and select Customize. Then Right-Click the button and select Assign Macro... "C" <C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7ADB30E4-7ADD-43B8-8696-53C97C9D4100@microsoft.com... > How can I tell what Macro is assigned to a tool bar button? > > Thanks Thanks Jim. That was fairly simple. "Jim Spiller" wrote: > Right-Click the Toolbar and select Customize. Then Right-Click the button > and select Assign Macro... > >...

Run macro automatically.