Macro help please

I have three columns (A, B, C) on a sheet (Data) -- in column A
"names" are listed (one name can be listed multiple times) -- column B
is a list of "training courses" that the employee has taken -- and C
has a "date" that the course was completed. On a second sheet
(Matrix)  would like a unique list of the names and in Columns B-Z R2
I have the courses listed out. I am looking for a macro that will run
through the data to find the name and course combination and return
the date completed on the Matrix sheet. Any help would be greatly
appreciated! Thanks
0
Terri817 (2)

Outlook Help #11
I am running outlook express 5 for mac. I would like to no how to put a graphic in with my signature. What kind of file and how to import it in. Thanks for any help!! PrePress <art@graphiccraft.com> wrote: > I am running outlook express 5 for mac. > I would like to no how to put a graphic in with my signature. > What kind of file and how to import it in. > Thanks for any help!! Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Writing a Macro
I'm trying to set up a macro on my payroll sheet that will calculate if FICA is due. Basically, I have a list of employees and I need to be able to account for those employees that cap out of FICA. Right now, I've got a YTD column (C), Employees (Rows 1-15), FICA (D). The amount entered in Column D (FICA) depends on how much the employee has earned YTD. For example, FICA will be paid by all employees who have made less than 97000 (Column C). Once an employee reaches 97000, then they no longer pay FICA. We used to use Lotus and I'm not familiar with how a macro works i...

i need your help
i am providing you with my problem with an excel attachment file please reply me asap. Attachment filename: help me.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=463626 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi I would suggest using Data / Filter / AutoFilter. This is a very simple yet effective way of doing what you want. If you need to create separate 'tables' you can use the Advanced Filter Andy. "mangesh >" <<mangesh.12lfkr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mangesh.12lfkr@e...

VBA editor & help
Is there any way to keep the VBA window from re-sizing when help is used? I can start help, resize the editor, ALT-TAB to help and the editor shrinks again. Excel 2K. Thanks, Mike If you are comfortable modifying the system registry with RegEdit (remember, there are no "undo" or "save without changes" operations with the registry -- everything is live), you can add a new DWORD value named "IsFloating" and give it a value of 1. Create this value in the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\HelpViewer Restart Excel after you create the Is...

macro buttons
In Outlook 2003 I used to add buttons for my macros to the bar of the message window. Those macros handle moving current message to certain folders (default Move to Folder button was not convenient enough). Once upgraded to version 2007, my buttons are now moved to Add-Ins menu of the Ribbon and I'm fine with it (although they're one click further now to reach). How do I add more macro buttons to the Add-Ins? I only found a way to add them to Quick Access Toolbar which is not feasible since the captions appear there only when mouse is over, and I need them displayed perma...

Enabling Macro But Hiding Sheets
I have created a simple macro that basically when a button is clicked i takes you to a certain page in the workbook. Is it possible to hide this page for different users. But when a use with the correct password comes he can click the button and he will b taken to the hidden page. Is it posible to do something like this along those line -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It's possible, and if you search the archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* you'll find many ways to do this. You should know, however, that none of the methods will ...

Can't see macro
I am experimenting with a macro from David McRitchie's page: I create a custom button, and when I try to assign the macro, it is not in my options. It is in the workbook. What am I doing wrong? All the other macros are there. Joe Sub Insert_Rows_And_Fill_Formulas(Optional vRows As Long) ' Documented: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm ' Re: Insert Rows -- 1997/09/24 Mark Hill <markhill@charm.net.noSpam> 'Dim vRows As Integer ' row selection based on active cell -- rev. 2000-09-02 David McRitchie ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select 'So you do n...

Can Anyone Help me?
Hi, I'm new to Pub 2003. I am creating an advert. I have used the rectangular 'auto-shape' and filled it with a transparent fade to black. Ofcourse it is very important that it is transparent, but when I come to print it, it appears as a solid rectangle. Does anyone know how to change this and basically print how you see it on the screen?? Many thanks, Ben Publisher has always had problems with transparency. Create your auto-shape with your preferred transparency. Right-click, save as picture. Choose .png. Re-insert into your publication. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mv...

outlook express frozen HELP!
when I click to reply to a sender, the reply box never pops up and outlook express becomes frozen so i do ctrl, alt delete and it says its not responding so i end task and try to reopen and it says outlook is still running i dunno how to fix this.....please help sophie ...

Excel importing dates from a RTF in a macro
If I open a RTF with a date in, the date appears as it does in the original RTF. If however, if I run Office 2000 and record the above event using a macro, when played the date swaps the mm and dd round (without changing the properties, so in fact the mm is now the dd and the dd is now the mm) This only occurs if the dd is 12 or below in value for obvious reasons. I then tried to open the RTF date column as text, and then change the column properties after it is imported. This does work fine, but I am using the Application.Filesearch and am not sure how to integrate the OpenText function whic...

DoCmd.OpenReport suddenly failing, macro OpenReport succeeds
This is weird. This database has worked ok for years, now suddenly in some VBA code a DoCmd.OpenReport is failing, the error handler there doesn't get hit, but the macro that called that VBA function gets an Action Failed in RunCode. If I open the report manually it succeeds, if I open it directly from a macro it succeeds. At least a couple of different places this happens. Anyone else seen this? One more thing, it only is a problem on one machine (WinXP SP2), others WinXP SP2 machines are still ok. And if the VBA code does a RunMacro which prints the report that works, but if the ...

Select range in macro
Hi all. I have found a macro that will email the active worksheet. On the worksheet I have 2 command buttons and some instructions for the operater so they know where to input info. How can I select a range so that only a specific area will be sent. Below is the macro and the area I want to send is ("A1:J69"). Your help would be of great help. Regards Chris Public Sub Email_Midnight_Report() Dim wb As Workbook Application.ScreenUpdating = False ActiveSheet.Copy Set wb = ActiveWorkbook With wb .SaveAs "Email_ " &...

HELP scanpst.exe fails
Outlook 2000 fails to open and recommends running the inbox repair tool. When running the tool it fails and gives the following error message: An error has occurred which caused the scan to stop. No changes have been made to the scanned file. The .pst file is 1.96 GB. The mail is downaloaded from our ISP, so it resides only on the .pst. We need to resolve this problem ASAP. PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance, Emjay Your .PST file is dangerously close to the 2GB limit. If scanpst.exe isn't working, you may need to use the crop tool. Look here for the information you need to hopefull...

help with the script
Hi all, windows 2003 SP2 server I just need to find out that new pdf files have been added to one directory ex:123 and sub directories every 15 days. Can anyone help me with the script? Thank you. "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EDEE976-93D1-4557-87E7-7EC2E0B1AC20@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > windows 2003 SP2 server > > I just need to find out that new pdf files have been added to one > directory > ex:123 and sub directories every 15 days. > > Can anyone help me with the script? > >...

Help w/ Auto Accept Agent
Hi Everyone. I am installing the Auto Accept Agent in order to facilitate scheduling conference rooms for meetings. This is the first time I've ever used this plug-in. I've created the user account, conference.room@ourdomain.com, and am ready to download the Windows Installer Package. There are a couple of things I am unclear about and want to understand before I proceed. First, when I run the .msi, one of the questions asked is to "Run as Local System" or "This user"? Can anybody explain the difference and when I would use each one? Second, to register th...

5.5 to 2003 migration.... please help!
ok, so we have an existing 5.5 server up and running for several years with 1000+ mailboxes. we just finished installing exchange 2003 on a new server. i assume we're ready to move mailboxes? how exactly do i start this process? is it a tool within exchange 2003, or 5.5? also, am i missing anything else? i ran forestprep and domainprep, installed exchange... am i infact ready to move mailboxes or is there something else? if anyone can think of anything else im going to run into, please let me know. thank you! You should have set up the Active Directory Connector. Did you do this...

Help with unusual table problem
I would like to be able to add additional data to a table of approx. 2 rows and 4 columns. I would also like the newest data to be on to while the remaining 19 lines all shift one row down and the leas current row of data to drop off. I hope this explains my problem. Thanks, Howd -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not sure if you might have missed my suggestion to your earlier post yesterday in microsoft.public.excel. ( http://tinyurl.com/239sq ) Based on your "revised" specs in this post: Let's say your table is in Sheet1 in A1:D20 [assume an initial tab...

Word 2007 macros
I used to make macros in 2003 with the suffix of .MAIN. This allowed me to copy individual macros from one template to another, one computer to another. If I failed to use the .MAIN, I was given only the choice of NEWMACROS to copy. Of course, if the destination also had NEWMACROS, they'd be overwritten. Now I am trying to do the same with 2007. I created 4 macros with .MAIN suffix and put them on the Quick Access Toolbar (with a view to putting the same macros on three different computers). However, whichever macro I click on, they are all the same macro. If I run...

SendKeys Macro to Comapct Database in Conversion 2.0 to Access 200
Hi All, I am trying to convert an Access 2.0 database to an Access 2003 database however I am having trouble converting a SendKey macro that in Access 2.0 compacts the database. I dont full understand how it is doing this. the macro is: SendKeys "c:\statement\database.mdb~c:\statement\temp.mdb~" DoMenuItems 4, 0, 2 I am not too sure what this is trying to do, but it ends uo comapcting the database in Access 2.0. Thanks for any help I'm not sure about those menu items in version 2, however you could do away with the macro entirely. In 2003 there is an option (Tools, Opti...

XSD Restrictions help please
Greetings all. Is it possible to create a schema to enforce the following issue. If the value for required Attribute A within Element E has an enumerated value of ‘myType’ then element E also needs to have Attribute B. Xml example below E=Item A=type B=len <Items> <Item type=” myType” len=”5” /> <Item type=” NOTmyType” /> </Items> Any help or a point in a semi right direction would be very helpful :) AdamH wrote: > Is it possible to create a schema to enforce the following issue. > > If the value for required Attribute A within Element E has an...

Help, please: sorting the Legend
I'm lucky if I use 10% of the power of Excel. I would be grateful for advice. Ten salesmen on a team. At the end of each month, their cumulative totals for the year are updated. The spreadsheet gets re-sorted, showing their standing in rank order. Simple enough. At the beginning of the year, I created a line chart to track each person's progress. I initially listed the names in alphabetical order and defined the series accordingly. The problem comes when I do the end of the month re-sort. The names in the Legend are no longer in alphabetical order but neither do they correctly corres...

Need Help #9
Hi This =IF(H2,MIN(10,H2),0) returns the numbers from column H with a maximum of 10. The formula is returning 10 if the cell is 10 or over, is something wrong. Question: I need it to return 0 if 10 or over. Microsoft Excel 2002 Thanks in advance Dave On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:43:49 -0000, "Dave 2005" <dave@zillion.karoo.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >This =IF(H2,MIN(10,H2),0) returns the numbers from column H with a maximum >of 10. > >The formula is returning 10 if the cell is 10 or over, is something wrong. > >Question: I need it to return 0 if 10 or ...

Help--Calendar Assistant won't install
My calendar won't print in the month view. I'm trying to install the assistant and get stuck when the message says "Outlook must be closed" It is closed, and I also checked the start-up menu. I've checked programs in the Control Panel and Calendar Printing Assistant isn't there. I'm using Visa, and Office 2007 Enterprise. Would appreciate help with this. Thank you. Sorry. Answered my own question. I finally after, say, 58 attempts to install this program, I opened Task Manager, and indeed, there were two OUTLOOK.EXE. files running in the backgro...

Need a little Macro ...
I need a little Macro that will race thru my Tab Sheets regardless of Tab Sheet Name ... Active sheet ... perform a function ... next sheet ... until all functions complete ... all sheets ... Thanks ... Kha Ken, Try something like Dim WS As Worksheet For Each WS In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets ' do something with WS Next WS -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017001c394da$72b82d00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I need a l...

Print workbook macro w/o first sheets....
I need to print a workbook with a variable number of worksheets. However, I don't need the first 3 worksheets of the book. It also needs to be collated. I need to create a macro or VB loop to make it automatic from a command button. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Josh ...