Looking for a dartboard type chart

I'm looking for a chart or graph that looks like a dartboard.  I need to be
able to split the outside circle into 4 sections, the next circle into 4
sections and be able to put words in them. The inside sections need to be
split into 7 sections with words and a separate center bullseye.  Any help is
appreciated.  Using MS Office 2003. Thanks!
0
VeraLemon (2)

Vera -

You might be able to work something up using a Doughnut chart. This data
will give you 4 + 4 + 7 uniquely formatted segments:

      inner   middle   outer
a       1
b       1
c       1
d       1
e       1
f       1
g       1
h               1
i               1
j               1
k               1
l                       1
m                       1
n                       1
o                       1

Double click on any of the segments to change its fill color. While in the
formatting dialog you can add a data label. Use the category name option to
display the labels in the first column. This also gives extra labels for the
blank cells, so you could use this macro to apply labels to the non-zero
items in the chart:

Sub RemoveLabelsFromBlanks()
  Dim iSrs As Long
  Dim iPt As Long
  Dim vValues As Variant

  If ActiveChart Is Nothing Then
    MsgBox "Select a chart and try again", vbExclamation
  Else
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    For iSrs = 1 To ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.Count
      With ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(iSrs)
        .ApplyDataLabels Type:=xlDataLabelsShowLabel
        For iPt = 1 To .Points.Count
          vValues = .Values
          If vValues(iPt) <= 0 Then
            .Points(iPt).HasDataLabel = False
          End If
        Next
      End With
    Next
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
  End If

End Sub

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Vera Lemon" <VeraLemon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a chart or graph that looks like a dartboard.  I need to
> be
> able to split the outside circle into 4 sections, the next circle into 4
> sections and be able to put words in them. The inside sections need to be
> split into 7 sections with words and a separate center bullseye.  Any help
> is
> appreciated.  Using MS Office 2003. Thanks!

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Chart does not print properly even if shows ok in page break previ
When I have a worksheet which includes a chart that is big in size and then I want it to print in one page then I use the fit to function in the page property window and select either a percentage or the number of pages (i.e, tall x wide). Once I print or do print preview the cells are shrunk so the fit to whatever size I requested but somehow the chart does not shrink. I looks as if it is an independent object. This is deceiving particularly in the page break preview which does show that my chart will fit inside my page but when I print it does something completely different. Exce...

How to add a new Journal Type when using Outlook 2003 ?
In which field? See http://www.slipstick.com/journal/index.htm for some - and if we know which field, we can be more specific. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Harold.Little@mail.house.gov" <harold.little@mail.house.gov> wrote ...

Overlapping Charts
I want to create an area chart and a bar chart together in one chart. Can it be done? create the chart using all the data and then right click on the data you want to be a bar chart and change the chart type -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "malewis48" wrote: > I want to create an area chart and a bar chart together in one chart. Can it > be done? ...

Excel 2000 Line Chart Problem...HELP !!!!
I want to plot a line chart of interest rate changes. The rates change a maximum of once a month on a pre-set day an sometimes may not change for several months. If I plot the line chart in excel the line it draws simply join together the points so I get diagonal lines between two periods as i the rate had changed progessively from one rate fixing to the next. This is not the case. The rate steps vertically from one fixing to the next. ie 1st May rate is fixed at 4% then 1st June rate fixes to 4.25% I only want to show months on my x-axis not all 365 days of the year. Excel will show a ...

percentages in an excel pie chart
How do I manually enter percentages into an excel pie chart. I already have the percentage values from a history project and now I need to enter them into a pie chart for a visual. You don't need to enter percentages. Just plot the data. Excel calculates the percentages for each element relative to the sum of all data. Example: A1 = 1 Pie chart returns: 2% A2 = 5 Pie chart returns: 12% A3 = 5 Pie chart returns: 12% A4 = 5 Pie chart returns: 12% A5 = 25 Pie chart returns: 62% Note that Excel rounds the percentage values. Regards, Greg "Alexis" wrote...

Chart Data
Hi, In 2003 Excel, you can copy your chart to another sheet within a workbook and edit the data. The new graph will reflect the new data of the new sheet. In 2007 Excel, when you copy the chart, it will still reference to the original data_ you'll have a graph that doesn't match your valueso on the same sheet. Please help. In XL2003 you need to edit data as you state. In XL2007 the same applies; right click chart, use the Select Data item on popup menu to set new data range best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email ...

Problem in changing formula-generated values in the chart in Micro
Hi all, I am facing a problem in changing formula-generated values in the chart in Microsoft 2007. Actually I am having a simple 2D line graph and I want to change values that are generated from worksheet formulas in 2-D line chart by dragging the data marker in the chart. But when I am trying to drag the data marker to a new position in the chart it is not allowing me to do in Microsoft 2007. I am able to move the data marker to a new position in Microsoft 2003 but not in Microsoft 2007. Please help me out by resolving this issue. Expecting a quick reply from your side. Thanks and Rega...

Project Timesheet Transaction Type
When entering a Project timesheet, there is the option to select a type of Standard or Referenced. The Referenced type appears to allow one to change an existing timesheet. Is this correct? And can you modify the Cost Category time has been posted/submitted against? Thanks Hi Adam-- Referenced allows you to adjust the cost categories/projects on an existing timesheet, but it does that by creating a second timesheet with the positive and/or negative quantities (it does not actually adjust the original). The reason you would use referenced instead of standard to do this adjustment is s...

How do I combine multiple org chart files into one Visio doc?
I want to take 9 individual Visio org chart files and combine them into one file for saving them all together as web page. New to Visio and just need a little help. Thanks. Steve Select everything on a page and then Copy / Paste it to a blank page in your other document. There really isn't a fancier way to do it. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "NC_Steve" <NCSteve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDE97552-E194-4EA5-B8CE-AEE8DD440D0B@microsoft.com... >I...

Campaign-Contact has Refused Communication of this type 0x80040325
Hi, In our contact entity, we have imported contacts, as well as contacts created in CRM. All contacts have preferred method of communication set to "Any" and "Allow" in all methods of communication...phone...mail...email, etc. When I select contacts for a quick campaign....the Contacts that have been imported appear on the Contacts Excluded list with the error: Contact has Refused Communication of this type 0x80040325 Contacts that have been created using CRM are ok. I have updated the imported records using CRM making sure everything is set properly, but, to n...

Bar-Line Combo Chart
This question is for Jon... I found your explanation of this (http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BarLineCombo.html) extremely helpful! But I noticed that the chart only works on the range of 3 to 10 data points. With less than 3 or with more than 10 data points, the lines get out of alignment with the bars (the bars and the vertical axis labels remain properly aligned, but the lines no longer do). If you know how to fix this problem, I would greatly appreciate your reply. Thank you so much. -- mjamromi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mjamr...

Hiding zeros in dynamic charts
I am using a dynamic range to plot a chart area (using various charts). The dynamic named range data I'm using contains zero values/blank cells. How can I hide zero values or "" within a dynamic range to prevent them from appearing in my chart information? Much appreciated. Don't use blanks but use NA() in their place OR Select chart; use Tool | Option | Charts and specify how missing data is to be treated. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Carla" <Carla@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Charting with dates
I am trying to chart some data and I want the dates starting wit 3/1/06, 4/1/06,5/1/06,6/1/06 across the bottom and instead I am gettin 1/6/1900, 2/6/1900 and so on can anyone help with this? thks, E -- changetire ----------------------------------------------------------------------- changetires's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3541 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55709 Changetires: It sounds like you want to make a trend chart, dates along X axis, values on Y axis. Your 1/6/1900 indicates that Excel do...

can excel draw a chart in a coordinate plane
i have an excel worksheet that calculates the values of an equation like y=x^2+2x+3. the worksheet produces the x an y values. is there a way to get a chart that produces a parabola? In A1 type X, in B1 type Y In A2:A21 (or more) enter x-values such as 1,2,3,4... IN B2 enter =A2^2+3*A2+3. Copy down to the last A column value Select A1:B21 (or more); click the Chart Wizard; select XY chart (NOT Line) Complete the chart. Now you have the bare bones, visit a library and take out an Excel book. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "larry S&...

Option Group Type Mismatch
I am using Access 2007 on a Windows 7 machine. I have an unbound form named frmChoose_Reports to select reports to print. This form has two option groups named ReportSelctor and ReportType. ReportSelector contains 11 option buttons to select the desired report and ReportType contains 3 option buttons to select whether the report is displayed in a datasheet, pivot chart or pivot table view. A Print button activates a macro. The macro has conditional statements that check the values of the option groups to print the desired report in the proper format. The conditional state...

Undoing Assign Macro to Object (Chart, in my case)
I right clicked a particular chart on a sheet of charts and assigned a macro to it. I like this as it saves me a bit of time for a macro designed to loop through a list. However, it now precludes me from selecting (left clicking) on the chart for other reasons. For example, I use to select the chart, then run a VBA routine that exports the image as Bitmap. If I could simply "un-assign" the macro, I guess that would be one way, but I am not sure how to do this. Too, perhaps someone has another suggestion. My thanks in advance for any ideas! Brad ...

How do I add new data to a pivottable/chart?
I have a spreadsheet that I add new data to weekly. Is there a way to have the pivottables/charts refresh to include this data without recreating them? If I try to do extend the range of cells used to create them originally, I am unable to group dates (which I need to do) on the chart because of blank cells. You can use a dynamic range as the pivot table source, and it will automatically expand as rows or columns are added. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html When you refresh the pivot table, all the new data will be included. Brian Lee wr...

Add year date to x axis
I am trying to add 2002 -2005 dates to the horizontal x axis of a Stacked Column Chart in Excel. It either comes out as 1 2 3 4 or 1900 (x four times). Can anyone help please? On Mar 31, 7:38 am, jayrod...@hotmail.com wrote: > I am trying to add 2002 -2005 dates to the horizontal x axis of a > Stacked Column Chart in Excel. > It either comes out as 1 2 3 4 or 1900 (x four times). Can anyone help > please? If the Years are on the sheet, say range Sheet1!$A$1:$A$4, then select the chart, pull down the Chart menu, select Source Data, select the Series tab of the Source Data dialo...

How to find project type from source code
I am learning VC++. If I open a sample code downloaded from net, I am not able to find is it Win32 application or ActiveX control or a DLL. Can any one help me to find the application type from code. Thanks in Advance What do you mean by downloaded from net? It could be any of these. In what context is it important to know this? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "netsaver" <netsaver@indiatimes.com> wrote in message news:c329e1aa.0310302225.189ca832@posting.google.com... | I am learning VC++. If I open a sample code downloaded from net, I am | not able to find...

Default formatting for charts
Hi, how do I change the default formatting for charts? I want to change the font and the autoscale function always being selected. Thanks. You can make a custom chart, formatted the way you like, add it to the custom user gallery, and make it the default chart type. See this tutorial: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Sox" <Sox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C43248FC-E484-4738-A...

WMP type slider.
How can i get a slider like in Windows Media Player? Sreeram Code it yourself using GDI funcs... Jase "Sreeram" <sreeram0425.remove@netscape.net> wrote in message news:eRn9tj20DHA.2324@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How can i get a slider like in Windows Media Player? > > Sreeram > ...

Conditional formating in a Chart
Is there anyone who knows how to make conditional formating in a colum chart. I want my positive observation to be blue and my negative red Is this possible? /Ol -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ola, Take a look at Jon's examples. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart Cheers Andy Ola < wrote: > Is there anyone who knows how to make conditional formating in a column > chart. I want my positive observation to be blue and my negative red. > Is this possible? > > /Ola > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.Exce...

Charts in 2007
Is it possible to freeze the size and locations of Charts in Excel 2007? The size and location on the worksheets keeps changing. I have tried the Properties and "Don't move and don't size with cells" option to no avail. Maybe code to set size and location on a sheet? Help please. Thanks Steve ...

Excel charts #10
Has anyone had a problem with a chart made by the wizard selecting 1 row less that what is in the source table. Does it have anything to do with the X-Axis? ...

Adding data series to chart via macro
I have a macro that adds rows of data to a summary table. I would like to update my chart by adding a new series for each new row of data, but the ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(N) command will not accept a variable for N. for example, the command will add Data series # 3 with N=3, but if I create a variable "run_num" set equal to the # of the current data series (ie, run_num = Range("A5").Value), then the command does not work. How can this be done so that the added series increments each time the macro adds a new row of data? That line of code should be fine. You ...