List separators ; becoming \ (only in formulas in names) when opening file on another PC

Hi,

I've got a worksheet for analysing data's to be shown in XY scatters graphs.
I used Tushar Mehta's excellent add-in to keep the scale limits updated all
the time.
The problem is: it works perfectly on my PC and does not work on other PC in
my company:
The names used to define the values giving the scale(s) contain formulas in
which the list separators ";" have been replaced by a (funny?) "\" (yes,
backslash!!!).
I've checked the regional settings, list separators,... They are the same on
the two other PCs I checked.
Can anybody help ???
Thks in advance

0
pierredoc (1)

Pierre -

Have you installed Tushar's add-in on the other computer?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

Pierre Decuyper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a worksheet for analysing data's to be shown in XY scatters graphs.
> I used Tushar Mehta's excellent add-in to keep the scale limits updated all
> the time.
> The problem is: it works perfectly on my PC and does not work on other PC in
> my company:
> The names used to define the values giving the scale(s) contain formulas in
> which the list separators ";" have been replaced by a (funny?) "\" (yes,
> backslash!!!).
> I've checked the regional settings, list separators,... They are the same on
> the two other PCs I checked.
> Can anybody help ???
> Thks in advance

How are you calculating the contents of the cells that contain the min
and max values?  My guess is that there is some formula in those cells.
If so, those formulas use an add-in on your computer (maybe, it is the
Analysis ToolPak, maybe it is something else).

You need to make *that* add-in available on the other machine -- in
addition to the AutoChart Manager.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <bq52m6$bcl$1@reader08.wxs.nl>, pierredoc@yahoo.com says...
> Hi,
>
> I've got a worksheet for analysing data's to be shown in XY scatters graphs.
> I used Tushar Mehta's excellent add-in to keep the scale limits updated all
> the time.
> The problem is: it works perfectly on my PC and does not work on other PC in
> my company:
> The names used to define the values giving the scale(s) contain formulas in
> which the list separators ";" have been replaced by a (funny?) "\" (yes,
> backslash!!!).
> I've checked the regional settings, list separators,... They are the same on
> the two other PCs I checked.
> Can anybody help ???
> Thks in advance

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

upgrade from mac office to pc?

MS Money 95 data files

Opening Excel Workbooks

Where is the workspace file stored?

cant start outlook pst file to large

Planned Open Market Days

formula based on format

owa not resolving names properly
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly - the administrator at this site states: > There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If > we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e. > jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved > to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable. > > For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the > address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but...

adding name /creating field/query?

Trying to read XML file into dataset

transferring to new pc

This formula doesn't work: = day(today())
This formula doesn't work: = day(today()) Except from spreading one formula into 2, is it possible to make it workable in 1 formula? If so, how? -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP ���H����O�D�`����. �p��������B, ���Ѫ̤��[�祿!! My ability is very limited. Hope you will not mind to enlighten me if I do wrongly. What doesn't work? For today (7 May 2004) =DAY(TODAY()) returns 7. In article <eYuAXhDNEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, "0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" <x@x.com> wrote: > This formula doesn't work: = day...