Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

Dear group,

when I create a chart with scatters, which carry graphics like
Excel-Block-Arrows
and link this to Powerpoint, the graphics are shown there in a very low
quality with large pixels.
Any ideas how to improve this?

Thanks in advance,
Holger.

0
holger1 (30)

Getting charts to automatically pick data from a series
Can I get a chart to always use say the last 9 values of a series? Does excel also do interactive charts? Salmonh: Yes you can have Excel chart the last 9, 30 or whatever number of values that you would like. You'll need to use dynamic range names to do this. Here are several links that will get you started. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_tips.htm#Dynamic_Chart_Range_Names http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html The idea is to create dynamic ranges that will update as you add data and ...

No aggregate on chart??
I have the following sql code that I grabbed from the sql view: TRANSFORM Max(ChartQuery.amount) AS MaxOfamount SELECT ChartQuery.period FROM ChartQuery GROUP BY ChartQuery.period PIVOT ChartQuery.store; My question is that I do not want to use an aggregate for the amount? If the amounts ranges from 0 - 100000 then that is what I would like displayed on the left (y) of the chart. Can this be done, it seems simple enough? HELP! I put off responding to this because I don't really understand the question; seems that no-one else did either, from the lack of replies. Since you have a cros...

Help with labels and lines in chart
Hi all i am tracking a few things and i wanted to make some objects in the my chart reposition dynamicly as i change the scale i dont care if i have to do a little clean up but just that the postions stay correct i have attached a picture any suggestion would be greatly appreshated +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Unti.png | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5056 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- crash893 ---------------...

Downloaded "Fitness Chart for Males" need it in metric?
The template is set in imperial measurement, is there a metric version available? Hi, This says it metric. http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/TC010762691033.aspx?CategoryID=CT010482871033 Cheers Andy Bewildered wrote: > The template is set in imperial measurement, is there a metric version > available? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Link Question
Hello everyone! Using E02 on XP. Usually in the Access area and don't use Excel much but...always learn SO much in these Newsgroups. I have 2 folders in a shared drive that contain 2 versions of a file that need to be compared. (We send the ToClient file to our clients and they make changes to participant data for year end valuation work. They return it to us and we put it in the FromClient folder.) I've created a master file that will compare the two, cell by cell and, for now, just return "Ok" or "Edited". (Later I want to show the ToClient cell value...

Problem linking dll
Hi, I'm having trouble linking a dll that I'm writing with my test program. Both the dll and the program I'm using it with are written in vc++ 6.0. If I use LoadLibrary and GetProc to link to the functions at runtime then it works fine, I can call them and they work. However, I'd like to have my program implicitly link to them when it loads. I've tried using these declarations in the dll header file: #ifdef XXXDLL_EXPORTS extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) BOOL SetX(char* x); extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) int GetX(int x); #else extern "C"...

How do I show summary totals from a pivot table on a bar chart
I created a pivot table which shows the both individual and grand totals based on the fields I selected. I then created a bar chart based on this pivot table. What I would like to do is show the grand totals as well as the individual totals. Is this possible, if so how do I do it? When I try this (link to the pivot table's summary total) I get an error saying not a valid function. The function line contains =GETPIVOTDATA("Personnel no.",'P2'!$A$3) "Jon Peltier" wrote: > Colleen - > > You can add textboxes to the chart, which are linked to works...

Chart Links ?
We have a workbook ('Book1') that we need to archive every week. In this workbook there are 3 charts (on a tab called 'graphs') which have source data linked to a tab called 'data' all within the same workbook. When we 'SaveAs' to a different location the source code of the charts is remaining with the original workbook ('Book1') and not with the newly saved workbook ('Book2'). Why is this happening, and how do we fix it???? Kevin Kevin, This doesn't sound like normal Excel behaviour... What you've described should only happen if y...

Creating Cross-Project Links
Hi 1). What is the usage of Creating Cross-Project Links ? As I understand, "Cross-project links are useful when two or more projects have only a few tasks that affect one another. For example, a milestone within a development project might trigger a task in an advertising campaign project." 2). How it is implemented in Project 2007 ? When I copied the task from the source project into my project ( target project ) using "Paste Special", the new task I created become another task in my target project. My observation is both task ( ie. task in the source...

how can i change a linked sound file to become an embedded
i am trying to package up a powerpoint presenatation that contains an audio track - which is an mp4 file. Within the presentation the sound file is currently a linked file. I've tried using the 'package to cd' function but I can still not get the sound to work when i then put the cd into other computers. so how can i embed it instead? i've tried deleting the track, raising the 'sound size limit' to 6000 kb and resinserting it-but that doesnt work. the file is 5.3MB. My plan is to ultimately email the presentation - but it's vital that the s...

fixing pie chart colors depending upon value ?
This is really about using an excel chart inside an access report but nobody in microsoft.access.reports seems to know the answer. Using a grouped field in a database I end up with two values per record showing the number of 'goods' and the number of 'bads' The pie chart plots these two numbers. I want the 'good' slice always to be green and the 'bad' slice always to be red. Setting the format worked OK until I had 7 goods and zero bads, then the whole chart was red instead of green. Any idea how I can fix this? Howard The technique described in thi...

How do I change x-axis in an Excel Radar Chart?
I would like to plot a radar chart with 360 points however the excel radar assigns a line for each point, I would like to reduce this to 1 line every 10 degrees. Is this possible? Ideally I would like a polar plot graph where I can enter any angle and magnitude. Does such a thing exist? Hi, For polar plot you can use the xy scatter. I have an addin that may help. http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot.htm Cheers Andy Dr. J.White wrote: > I would like to plot a radar chart with 360 points however the excel radar > assigns a line for each point, I would like to reduce this...

linking comments between spreadsheets
Hi, I'm new to this discussion group and relatively new to Excel. Im afraid I have no programming experience either. I am using Excel 2003 I have linked a number of cells between two spreadsheets so that the second sheet "mirrors" the first one in the relevant cells and updates when changes are made. I would also like to link the comments in these cells so they are also mirrored and updated in the second sheet. Is this possible? Any advice would be welcome, Thanks You'll need a macro. Saved from a previous post: If you want to use a user defined function to get the...

Survival distribution function chart
Is anyone familiar with the Kaplan-Meier estimator, and if there is a way I can get excel to draw a traditional survivior curve? The charts on this page http://www.xlstat.com/demoKM.xls are the style that I would like to produce. However, these appear to have been produced using an add-on called XLstat Pro. I am attempting to produce a spreadsheet to analyse various statistical models which are all reliant on producing a survivor curve in this style. Any help anyone could offer me would be gratefully received as I have spent days trying and can not find a way of doing this. -- max0d --...

Charting Filtered Data
I have an excel sheet that has a bunch of data imported to it from SQL Server 2k. I need to either pull all the relevant data from a date typed in by the user which that data returned will be used to build my charts, or find a way to build the chart from filtered data where the entire table is imported, but the user selects the data to filter on. (this idea is probably not a good idea as the table is already at 11k records and grows by roughly 20 records a day). -- BCullenward ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BCullenward's Profile: http://www....

Inactive chart icon
In a shared folder I have many .xls files. On some the chart icon i grayed out.On others it works normally. None of the help screens ha helped ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Probably those workbooks are shared, which means that lots of features aren't available. For more information, look in Excel's Help, under "Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks" magison wrote: > In a shared folder I have many .xls files. On some t...

How do I change one point in a scatter chart color
I want to change teh colour of one point in a scatter chart, for example Person Score Age time A 25 20 1 B 20 14 1.5 C 22 22 0.75 D 23 23 1.25 I want to plot score against age, but highlight the point where the time is less than 1. Any help would be appreciated Hi, The easiest way is to add another series to plot just the points that need a different colour. Assuming your data example is in the range A1:D5 then add this formula to E2 and drag down to E5. =IF(D2<1,C2,NA())...

Automating bubble chart colours
Does anyone know if the colour of a bubble within a chart can be conditionally formatted through reference to a cell within the spreadsheet ? I want the colour of each bubble within the chart to based on the result of a calculation within the spreadsheet. Currently the cells containing the calculation are conditionally formatted to give a red, amber, green result and I want to link the colour of the conditionally formatted cells to the colour of the associate bubble. (At the moment I update the bubbles manually) Hi, The normal work around for making a charts formatting conditional is...

point & figure charts in ms excel
i am a new member. I would like to know if one can generate point figure charts in ms excel. the standard charts in the chart function d not have point & figure charts & drawing them manually is tim consuming. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I found this buried in Andy Pope's website: http://andypope.info/ngs/ng8.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ amateur < wrote: > i am a new member. I would like to know if one can generate point & ...

linking to multiple workbooks
I have 50 or so workbooks each with 1 sheet in them. I am trying to create one master workbook that will essentially look the same as the individual sheets in the different workbooks. Every sheet has the exact same cells and formulas on them. I want to link the 50 workbooks to one master, but I don't want to open each one and link it that way. Is there a way to merge workbooks, or an easier way of linking everything. Any assistance welcom. Thanks Start with this example for a few cells http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm How big is the range that you want to link to ? I can ...

Link SQL Server Table to Access
Is there any way to create a link in Access to a SQL table without having the user manually create the DSN using the admin tools? My hope was they could access the sql table (view only) without manually creating the DSN. Thanks for your help. "db2nd" <db2nd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9A0E10A-3CB0-4F8B-8D1B-F4690B9D86B9@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to create a link in Access to a SQL table without having > the > user manually create the DSN using the admin tools? My hope was they > could > access the sql table (view only) ...

Stubborn Link Data/Value Problem
Hello, I am having a problem with a link in one of my Excel worksheets and I'm hoping that someone can help me with it. Here's the situation... I have two separate workbooks that are connected via a link such that an update in one workbook is automatically (and immediately) reflected in the second book. There is a cell (say A1) in the second book (the destination) that contains a link with the following format: =Excel.Sheet.8|'C:\Folder\Source.xls'!'!Sheet1!R2C1' [I created this link by copying the source cell from the source workbook and pasting (using Past...

I need help in creating a chart
I have the following data that I am trying to get into a chart and it is not working. Ideally, I would like the height of the jumps going up the left side of the graph, the physical heights along the bottom and the columns to be labeled on the side as the person's name. But, I can't figure out how to put in that one height jumped so high... Name of Person Physical Height Height of Jump Codi 4'11 40" Rosie 5'0 29" Sammy 5'4 ...

Date Grouping in Pivot Chart
I am using a Pivot Table and Pivot Chart to summarize an event count. An event is stored with a date/timestamp and I am using grouping to count the number of events for each day. Not all days have entries. In the Pivot Chart (column type), I would like to plot every calendar day for the time interval in the pivot table, even those w/o a count. When I edit the field settings for Date to "show items with no data", it gives me a whole year's worth of dates instead of just filling in the gaps in my existing date range. In the grouping options, the start and end days are set but seem ...

Linking to Access data without destroying formulas
Greetings: I have a 20+ sheet workbook with tens of thousands of formulas, many of which reference a "data" sheet in the workbook that contains data that was copied and pasted into it. Trying to get out of the daily copy and paste routine. The data is in an Access db. I can get the external data, but when I push it in to the workbook's data sheet, the hardcoded data gets pushed to the right and all the formulas still refer to hardcoded data. I want the external data I'm getting to overwrite the hardcoded data and have the multitude of formulas work the way they always hav...