Linking a cell to a chart title

How do I link a chart title to a cell reference in another
worksheet?  I have over 200 graphs in one spreadsheet and
need a quick way to update the titles when mgmt changes
for each sales team.

Need VB code to edit cell values
I need some VB to do the following please (My VB is not good enough yet) Starting from the active cell (call it the StartCell) In the cell to the left.. ThreeChars = Value.right(3) (the last three chars) Value = Value - last three characters (assume value is text & at least 3 chars present) In StartCell.. value = ThreeChars (as text, overwrite any contents of StartCell) move active cell one down from StartCell Examples of before/after -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Stephen Ford" <Stephen_Ford_no@spam_uwclub....

Search for a text in a cell and give the outcome later
Dear expert, C30 to C60 contains some data. Say I wan to find piano and use =MATCH("*piano*",C30:C60,0) in cell D31 It gives me the anwer 20 in D31. 20 is the squence of piano. How can I use the function and use return the the whole cell content which is "Play Piano"? I only know where it is. How to locate where and give the whole content in D32 please? Thanks Elton Play games Play golf Play guitar Play piano Play Kite Play Sccoer Play cards Play WII Play music =INDEX(C30:C60,D31) -- Regards! Stefi „Elton Law” ezt írta: &g...

Combine Bar with Single Line Chart
Hello, Please can someone help me with this question. I am trying to create a bar chart with a single line chart. The bars will display the totals for various years i.e. 2004 104 2005 107 2006 108 2007 110 2008 101 The line chart will show how 2008 is performing on a weekly basis i.e. 01/01/2008 = 100 07/01/2008 = 101 14/01/2008 = 102 The bar chart for 2008 will reflect this also, updating each time a new week is added. The Y Axis I will assume display a total i.e. 99-111 for example. The X Axis needs to show the dates plotted for the line chart 01/01/2008 - 31/12/2008 (weekly) but how...

Contacts File Link?
I have several computers on a home network and WLM does a fine job of keeping the contacts in sync on all the computer. I am giving one of the systems to a friend. What is the best way to un-sync the contacts file on the system that I am giving away so they can have there own contacts file? Uninstall WL and reinstall with a new WL ID or Passport? Create a new Windows user. Remove the old user. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:2099F8C5-9BCE-4229-A3D2-5187C1F4FFF9@microsoft.com... > I have several...

Changing a cell color....
Hi, Can someone help me how can I change a cell color using the"IF" command??? Thank you, Shaul On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:27:56 +0200, Shaul <bagaz@netvision.net.il> wrote= : > Hi, > Can someone help me how can I change a cell color using the"IF" = > command??? Under the Format menu, pick Conditional Formatting. -- = Dave dvt at psu dot edu ...

How can I put a text box in every cell?
Two questions: -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to insert on manually every time? AND - How can I make sure that a text box inserts itself automatically into a new row whenever I add a row? Thanks! One way is to select the row with the text box and copy it to the next row. Copy and paste it several times and then select the rows and paste them as a group. "bmowell" wrote: > Two questions: > > -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to > insert on manually every time? &g...

Has anyone linked MS Access and MS Money?
Greetings. I have a registration database for a school that uses MS Access. Our book keeper uses Quicken, so that all the student names, addresses, etc. needs to be entered twice. I am thinking of migrating the financial records to MS Money, so that we can do some VBA programming or the like to send student data from Access to Money. Does anyone know if this can be done, or have any experience doing this sort of thing? Thanks! Gary See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10 in specific and http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?cat=3 in general. "GaryDave" <garydave@hotmail.com> w...

Changing Chart SourceData in VBA
Excel 97. Can anyone spot where I'm going wrong? I'm trying to change the source data in code so it only shows upto the last cell that has a value in it. My code at the mo is.. Dim intActiveCell As Integer Dim strCell As String Dim strrange As String Sheets("Financial Tracker").Select Range("C13").Select If ActiveCell <> "" Then Do Until ActiveCell.Value = "" ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select Loop End If ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).Select 'Selection.End(xlLeft).Select strCell = "R" & ActiveCell.Row & "C" &...

import chart of acount
I use GP7.5 I export chart of account to excel sheet and modify but i don't know how i can import agine to new company please is there any way to make it this. thanks for help M.Own If you have Integration Manager, then you would find it to be the easiest tool to use. If you do not have it, then the data can be loaded using SQL Server tools and other products that work with SQL Server. However, if you are not familiar with these tools, you should get help from somebody who does. -- Charles Allen, MVP "M.Own" wrote: > I use GP7.5 I export chart of account to e...

switching investment charts in microsoft money plus deluxe
I'm using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 17.0 As in Money 2004 clicking on a listed investment on the Home tab goes directly to a price chart. In the earlier program I could switch quickly between investment charts using a drop down list on the chart page. In money plus deluxe 17.0 I have to go back to Home first or the Portfolio tab. Can I make this work as before? Thanks for any help. "Dave K" <p_sellars-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message news:eqMaGmEcIHA.4712@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > I'm using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 17.0 > > As...

how can I split one cell's data into two cells?
I am using Excel as a database, and have a column with cells with a person's name (text) in it...e.g., John Smith. NOW, after the fact, I wish to have a column with just John in it, and another column with just Smith...but I have NO idea how to do this! Help would be appreciated. Thank you. Please refrain from multiposting, you have answers in one of the 4! newsgroups you posted the same question in. Multiposting is frowned upon and even the MS web interface states so -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It ...

How do you convert a formula cell to a constant cell
I use a formula to calculate the value, such as time difference, and want to save the value not the formula. The value (constant) will be used later to adjust both time cells used as arguments in the original formula--thus the need to preserve the value computed rather than the formula. After calculation, copy the cell with the formula then Edit - Paste Special - Values on the same cell. HTH "JQLogan" wrote: > I use a formula to calculate the value, such as time difference, and want to > save the value not the formula. The value (constant) will be used later to > ...

Multiple 2d charts in a 3d display
I'm trying to get a visual representation of a database of info regarding loan analysis using a line graph. I want the data to show line items of widely varying values, and the lines I have come out flat in some instances because the y-axis is calibrated for up to six figures for some values, but single digits for others. Is there any way to create several 2d charts, then "stack" them up on a non-contiguous z-axis? ...

Enhancing pie chart with pointers
Belated thanks to Andy Pope for guidance on my problem, which was to display two 'needles' on a circular chart - like a traditional barometer - and to colour the sector appropriately. This post is also to record the points I needed to understand, to assist others. 1. 'Chart Type' belongs to a series, not the Chart. (This isn't evident from the user interface, although I guess the pre-assigned combination charts presented offer that promise.) So a pie chart and an X-Y chart may be happily belong to the same chart object. 2. The axes of such a combination pie chart / X-Y ...

Help with Links to Files
Hello, I have a file in Word 97-2003 compatibility mode. When I select the Office Button / Prepare I see an option to Edit Links to Files. If I convert the file to 2007 format the option for Edit Links to Files is no longer there. Where did they go? thanks, mitch This is strange. The Edit Links to Files option should be available even if you save in Word 2007 format. Are you sure you didn't inadvertently break the link to the automation object? You could press Alt+F9 to see that the field code for the object is still intact. (Note that you can only see the field co...

Pie charts #11
I am trying to create a pie chart to add up to 100%. I have 2 values which I have calculated as students results from tests and I would like to have a third series which is 100-(the 2 test figures). Can this be done on a pie chart series range or must I add another cell on the spreadsheet to calculate this option and then uses these 3 figures as the series for the pie chart. Hi, You need to calculate the 3 values before charting them. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "HillsinHolland" <HillsinHolland@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Problem with empty cells when creating chart using vba
Hello, I am facing difficulties to create a chart from a sheet containing empty cells (I use Excel 2003 SP2). My sheet looks similar to this: A B C 1 0.1 2 0.2 25 34 3 0.3 23 27 4 0.4 24 6 5 0.5 25 16 6 0.6 27 21 7 0.7 Column A contains data (some depth in my case). Each cell in column A contains data. Column B and C contain some measurements made at the depth indicated in column A. I need to combine two graphics on one chart: the content of B in function of A and the content of C in function of A. The ...

Paste in a right cell
How do I set that I ONLY can paste a col A info from sheet1 into sheet2 at cells C3 and S3? I'd like to have an error (pop up) if I paste in wrong cell. ONLY allow to paste in cell C3 and S3. Thanks What version of Excel? In 2002 and 2003 you could lock all cells except C3 and S3. Then Protect the sheet with "Select locked cells" unchecked so only the unlocked C3 and S3 can be selected. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:01:35 -0700, bioyyy <bioyyy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I set that I ONLY can paste a col A info from sheet1 into sheet...

how to sum cells and ignore the #div/0! 's ?
I an working with the following formula: =SUM(C8:E8)/COUNTIF(C8:E8,">0") if I initially have no data entered i get the #div/0! 's is there a fix for this? =IF(COUNTIF(C8:E8,">0")=0,"",SUM(C8:E8)/COUNTIF(C8:E8,">0")) -- David Biddulph "Bryan" <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62E28129-5C01-44B7-84EC-2851E94569B1@microsoft.com... > I an working with the following formula: =SUM(C8:E8)/COUNTIF(C8:E8,">0") > if I > initially have no data entered i get the #div/0! 's ...

Cell formatting or formulas
How do I make 1.50 appear as 1.30 in a given cell? I have a cell with times such as 1.00 minute, 1.50 minutes, 2.50 minutes, 3.00 minutes, etc. I want all the x .50 digits to appear as x.30 digits (30 seconds to a half minute) Divide by 1440 and format as mm:ss -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E77414D-FED2-4BB7-BA36-E226D3AE4D05@microsoft.com... > How do I make 1.50 appear as 1.30 in a given cell? I have a c...

Flexible Y-Axis in a Waterfall chart
Hi, I have created a waterfall chart based on the following website http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html The chart shows the changes from Budgeted Revenue to Actual Revenue. Problem : The chart is based on revenue numbers on a regional level with a drop down to select any country within the region also. For eg. The Budgeted Revenue is $50m with a variance of +/-2m to arrive at Actual Revenue. Inorder to amplify the impact of the changes, I have set the Y-axis scale to start at $47m. The changes (Plus and Minuses) become too small to have any impact if the scale is set to sta...

Customizing Chart Type
I have a a data that has 6 series or coloms of information - I need to create a bar chart that stacks the first 5 series and will allow me to have a line series. The options in the present custom template - only allow for a non-stacked bar...Can anyone tell me how to do this? JD So make your own combination chart. Make a stacked column chart with all of the data, then select the one series you want to change, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and select a different chart type for that series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Ex...

two charts on one chart page
Hi, I have made multiple line charts and have placed them each in their own chart sheet. I am trying to figure out if it is possible to have 2 or even 4 charts posted in one chart page. The only way I see to do this may be to copy and paste and resize the charts or possibly to paste them in the worksheet. I ultimately just need to be able to print out 2 or 4 charts on a page. thanks kd a �crit : > Hi, > > I have made multiple line charts and have placed them each in their own > chart sheet. I am trying to figure out if it is possible to have 2 or even 4 > charts p...

VBA Copy Chart as Picture
Given the procedure below, is there a way to copy the chart as a picture to the range without selecting the range each time? If possible I would like to speed up the macro by not selecting a range. Sub LoopThroughCharts() Dim Rng As Range Dim Cht As Chart Set Cht = Sheets("MC").ChartObjects("Cht1").Chart For Each Rng In Sheets("Dash").Range("F4:F11") Cht.CopyPicture Rng.Select ActiveSheet.Paste Next Rng End Sub Thanks for your help. -- Steph Hi, Something like this. Sub Loop...

copy graphs values in a cell
I am looking for a way to click on a specific data point of a graph and have the data related to that, copied in one or more cells..like click on point x1,y1 belonging to Graph1, and have the values of x1 and y1 copied in cells A1 and A2 in Sheet1 I guess I need a macro... You think it might be possible? ps sorry for my poor english Hi, Yes you will need VBA code. Have a look at Jon Peltier's article on chart events. http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 Cheers Andy bluepill wrote: > I am looking for a way to click on a specific data point of a graph and have &g...