linked Excel charts don't match formatting in original

I have one spreadsheet in which I created charts linked to worksheets in the
same file.  These charts I have exported (i.e. copied into another file).
When I open that other file without having the original file with the data
open, the labels on the charts don't reflect the number formatting that was
selected for them: .09 instead of 9%.

Any help would be appreciated as I can't figure out how to fix this.  For
instance, is there a way to break the link to freeze a certain look of the
charts?

Thanks,
Stefan.

You could copy and paste the poicture rather than the link.  If you'r
pasting into another iscorsoft programme, use Paste Special!Picture

--
fernm
fernmp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1602

The formats link to the source, if the source file is open. If Excel can't see the
source data formatting, it uses the General format.

To lock in the format, reopen the source file, double click on the labels or axis
with the numbers, click on the Number tab, and uncheck the Linked to Source box.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Stefan Gildemeister wrote:

> I have one spreadsheet in which I created charts linked to worksheets in the
> same file.  These charts I have exported (i.e. copied into another file).
> When I open that other file without having the original file with the data
> open, the labels on the charts don't reflect the number formatting that was
> selected for them: .09 instead of 9%.
>
> Any help would be appreciated as I can't figure out how to fix this.  For
> instance, is there a way to break the link to freeze a certain look of the
> charts?
>
> Thanks,
> Stefan.

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

Excel 2007

Using part of a cell in a chart title

How do I use traffic lights in excel

formula based on format

help with simple maths in excel

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Opening Excel Workbooks

Excel DNS query

Excel Problem

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

formating date from general2 custom
I have an input xls file with the date but like this: Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 I need to have just following format dd/mm/yyyy I tried to format it using Format->Cells->Date or Format->Cells- >Custom but this is failing. Nothing changed. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. Vlad <vladimir.vaynshtok@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1013b138-352b-4799-81ba-9508b74a1850@t54g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have an input xls file with the date but like this: > > Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 > > I need to have just following format > > d...

Font dosen't revert back to original after typing in date
Example I n my text I type I have December 28th The th automatically reduces to a much smaller font and once you hit the sapce bar to continue it reverts back to the larger font. It only does this some of times, why is this being so inconsistent?. I refortmated my comp. last week and when I reinstalled office I was hoping this inconsistent problem would have been resloved, but no 2nd question please. When I post a question in "discussion group" and check the box "Notify me of Replies" I never receice a reply to my question I then have to go back to ...

Embedded Chart Versus Chart
I've created a class module to capture a Shift+Click on a pivot chart, which then opens the data associated with that point. It works great on pivot charts on their own sheet, but when I use the same code on an embedded chart, it fails (error code -2147417848). Everything seems to work fine, it derives the same row and column values as needed, but the ShowDetail property is unavailable in the embedded charts. Anyone have any insight? james Igoe || james.igoe@gmail.com || http://code.comparative-advantage.com I eventually solved my problem, simply using "On Error Resume Next&...