Link between values on two axis

Hi,

How can I create a link between values on primary and secondary Y-axis?
These values should not be set manually since there are many sheets and the
values will cahnge.

For example, if I want that the values of left Y-axis (from 0 to 200 and
from 0 to 500) are always the values of right Y-axis divided by 2 (from 0 to
400 and from 0 to 1000).
0
Waacku (1)

If you're willing to use macros, you can link the scales to each axis to
worksheet cells.  Jon's site provides the code and shows how this can be
done.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"Waacku" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I create a link between values on primary and secondary Y-axis?
> These values should not be set manually since there are many sheets and the
> values will cahnge.
>
> For example, if I want that the values of left Y-axis (from 0 to 200 and
> from 0 to 500) are always the values of right Y-axis divided by 2 (from 0 to
> 400 and from 0 to 1000).

sending links via IE
using outlook 2003, when I try to send a link via e-mail, I get a message saying Outlook decided the link is questionable, so it will prevent me from sending it. how can I avoid this? Charles <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > using outlook 2003, when I try to send a link via e-mail, > I get a message saying Outlook decided the link is > questionable, so it will prevent me from sending it. how > can I avoid this? Send the URL in a plain tesxt message. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian...

Real-time charting of DDE links
Is it possible to chart DDE links in real-time in Excel? Could someone please point me in the right direction to find out how this can be done. Thanks! Could you provide a few more details about what you need? I've dabbled in this area just a bit. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "andy" <andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A30B72E5-931A-4B35-87A2-645C0A1EB5DF@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to chart DDE links in real-time in Excel? Co...

Multi Value Combo Boxes
Hello: One of the new features of Access 2007 (sometimes criticized) is the ability to create a table field as "Allow Multiple Values" using the Lookup Wizard when specifying the data type. This shows the values with a checkbox and allows the user to select multiple items (i.e. select CA, OR, WA as states in which a business resides). I was hoping to just define a table field as Text and then create the "Allow Multiple Values" when creating a combo-box on the form. The form wizard does not seem to create the same objects as when doing it in table design ...

I am attempting to find the difference between two dates...
I am attempting to find the difference between two dates (in terms of days, months, and years) but I always get an additional month added on. Why? And how can I fix? For instance, if I want to find the difference between 1/1/2010 and 2/1/2010; it returns 2/0/0 Have a look at Chip Pearson's explanation of DATEDIF =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"y")&" years "&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"ym")&" months "&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"md") &" days" http://www.cpearson.com/EXCEL/datedif.aspx be careful ewith this because it can throw up...

copy formula+value
I have this 2 columns. I want to copy this two and paste them to a new row with exact the same formula, value and cellreference. =3D'Z:\F=F6retag\[filename1.xls]Best=E5nd'!$A$4 =3D'Z:\F=F6retag\[filename1.xls]Best=E5nd'!B18 The result: =3D'Z:\F=F6retag\[filename1.xls]Best=E5nd'!$A$4 =3D'Z:\F=F6retag\[filename1.xls]Best=E5nd'!B29 I want the B29 to be B18. I do understand that I could change B18 to $B$18 above but I don't want to do that. In some cases when I copy I want the B18 to be B19,B20,B21,... and this works fine. But how could I make a copy without ...

Excel VBA
I am using Excel 2002, and I am trying to create a macro to compare tw columns of data and highlight or shade the cells or colorize any entr that is not in both columns. I also read something about being able to put a button on the exce chart that runs the macro. Could someone help me with that too? : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Chip Pearson has lots of ways to compare two lists. Some are macros and some are worksheet formulas. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm (I'm not sure I'd start with code. Learning the formula technique may be much more usefu...

Custom Entity
Hi, I have a custom entity and I need the ability to be able to input a file location on a server and make it link to that file. Is it possible to have links to file in a custom entity? P.S. (CRM 4.0) Regards Ian The only method to attach file to CRM records using customization is by using notes. If you want to have a file upload box on the entity form you will have to create a custom aspx page which handles the file upload and retrieval. This page can be integrated into the entity form using an IFrame. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Dev...

combine two tables in a query
i have 2 queries that share the fields "who" "when" and "amount". One reports the value of daily labour (time out - time in * hourly wage) for the employee (who). While the other shows the amount paid on a particular date. When I create a query that includes these 2 queries and links the "who" field between them I get a result that shows 5664 records where are only 260 when you add the record count from the 2 queries that I'm using here. I'd like to have a query that would report the amount owed out at any given time. Just as an additio...

Exchange 2003 promblem with two domains
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- For some reason its stopped workong on one of them. exchange is on domain 1, with all mail accounts and works perfectly still, for all users on domain 1 domain 2 used to work fine with it, but now it will only recive email from exchange via the outlook client. not send it, with the msg you do not have permission to send email on behalf of this sender. when you try and send anything. Trust is still in place and working fine.. tested from both domains Any ideas ? as currently domain 2 is having to use webmai...

Need Help With Macro to set a value in new sheets
Hey everybody. I am using a variant of Dave Petersen's macro code to create a new sheet and rename that sheet based on a list of values in Sheet_2. Here is what I have so far: Sub CreateNameSheets() ' by Dave Peterson ' List sheetnames required in col C in a sheet: Sheet_2 ' Sub will copy sheets based on the sheet named as: Sheet1 ' and name the sheets accordingly Dim TemplateWks As Worksheet Dim ListWks As Worksheet Dim ListRng As Range Dim myCell As Range Dim ListRng2 As Range Dim myCell2 As Range Set TemplateWks = Worksheets("Sheet1"...

Iterating the combo box and displaying the value after each change on seprate sheet.
Here i have a combo box form control, from where i will be picking the value and displaying it on other sheet. Now i am updating the sheet with combo box control, value is getting pasted on Consolidated-Report using: Worksheets("Consolidated-Report").Range("a9").Value = Me.ComboBox2.Value If now i again go back to combobox sheet and change the value, same cell is getting updated. I need to move to next row for each time the value is updated in combo box and paste the same on Consolidated-Report sheet. Note: A Combobox from the Control Toolbox has the name ComboBoxN; ...

How to add new node with value?
I want to create new node, and then save it to file. I can add empty node with attributes, but I don't know how set new value for the node: String *strMake = this->txtMake->Text; String *strModel = this->txtModel->Text; XmlDocument* XmlDoc = new XmlDocument(); try { // Get the XML file and load it in the XmlDocument variable XmlDoc->Load(S"c:\\cars.xml"); // Create the new element XmlElement *Elm = XmlDoc->CreateElement(S"car"); // Create its attributes Elm->SetAttribute(S"Make", strMake); El...

URL/link problems, isv.config, window.dialogArguments
Hi, I created a new webSite (and virtual directory) in the same server of CRM (3.0) but another port (I can´t keep CRM and my webSite in the same port). I changed the isv.config and add a button with a URL that link to page in my webSite: <ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1"> <Button Title="CORPORE --> CRM" Url="http://myServerNname:85/Corpore.NET/CRMMSIntegraAlunoCorporeCRMMSProcessando.aspx" PassParams="1" WinParams="dialogHeight: 400px; dialogWidth: 600px; dialogTop: px; dialogLeft: px; edge:...

link error #5
Hi, After I change the project setting to 'multithreaded DLL' I got the link errors: uafxcwd.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___wargv uafxcwd.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argc Is there any lib missing? thanks, chi ...

Show a sheet1 row in sheet2 based on values in col sheet1.A
Hello! Please help! I have a large sheet with numerous rows in sheet1. Column A in sheet-1 is either blank or has a value. I want to show in sheet-2 (a new sheet) all sheet1 rows that have a value in column A. Thanks in advance, Michelle Hi Michelle one way: - select your range in sheet 1 - goto 'Data Filter - Autofilter' - Filter all relevant row - copy the row and paste them on sheet 2 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Michelle wrote: > Hello! > Please help! > I have a large sheet with numerous rows in sheet1. Column A in > sheet-1 is either blank or ...

sum of values between two given dates
good morning here is my problem In column A I have some dates, and in column B corresponding quantities (km ran by a marathon man) what I need is to compue the sum of km in a given month. In other words, the SUM(BXX:BYY) function should have, within it a pointer. for example, say for september 2008, it should find the first date of september 2008 (say cell A15), and give to teh sum function the value 15 instead of the XX above. Then look for the latest available date in september, say A21, and give the sum function the value 21 instead of YY. I know/suspect that it has to be done through addre...

Axis Data Location
I want the data in column 1 to be the Y axis scale and the data in columns 2 & 3 to show as a trend line in the chart. I have played with this 10 ways to Sunday and can't find how to do this. How do I identify the Row 1 to contain column headings. When I import it asks me but I typed these in and it shouldn't be this well hidden. Thanks in advance. Try deleting the title in the first column best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Michael E W" <MichaelEW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF137D6F-DB...

VBA Sub to delete rows based on a Column Value
I have a workshhet named Final Short Quote. Anywhere in Column C wher the cell conatins the word Remove, I want to delete that row. How can do that -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following macro: Sub delete_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 1 Step -1 If instr(Cells(row_index, 3).Value,"Remove")>0 then Rows(row_index).delete End If Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub -- Regards Fra...

Insert or LINK to images
Can anyone advise me - I am creating a range of documents which will only ever be printed from or viewed on the PC which creates them. The only exception to this is that I will occasionally e creating .pdf files from them which will be emailed to other people. In an effort to keep file sizes down I am using the LINK function instead of INSERT image. I sthis likely to cause any problems? My understanding is that if I wish another user (with Publisher) to open a file I have created then the pictures MUST be INSERTED, however I assume that the .pdf file overcomes this problem. THanks Ron ...

Null value in multiple condition formula
Hi, I wonder if anybody out there could tell me how to do this? I am wanting to count the number of times in my worksheet a cell in column N is empty, WHEN the value of column C is "C" AND the value of column H (which contains dd/mm/yyyy data) is within the month of January. I am using the formula: =SUMPRODUCT((C2:C100="C")*(MONTH(H2:H100)=1)) to count those cells where Column C = "C" AND the month in column H = Jan (thanks to you wise and helpful people on the forum, I might add) but cannot work out how to do the null value in column N bit! Any help w...

Subquery returned more than 1 Value in Manufacturing
Working in the Edit MO Status window. Can search by MO number, but if try to search by any ranges (ex: date, site, etc), get error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <+, >, >+, or when the subquery is used as an expression. We are running GP v. 9.0. Any ideas? ...

How can I paste a unique values list?
I have a very big list contains a lot of repeated values and I want to get a copy of the same list BUT only with unique values. For Example the column Reg.No. includes the following Numbers: 1154 1168 1166 1154 908455 907558 1166 908455 1154 1166 List might have thousans of records. I want to get a copy of this list without repeating any of the numbers included. { Uniqe value list }. Thanks and regards. JAK You can add a header, select the range, do data>filter>advanced filter, select copy to another location and unique records only -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails ...

impossible zero value
Hi, I have e very strange experience in Excel 2002. I have unchecked the zero values in the options. In AA18 I have the following formula: =B18+C18-D18+E18-F18+G18-H18+I18-J18+K18-L18+M18-N18+O18-P18+Q18-R18+S18-T18+U18-V18+W18-X18+Y18-Z18 All the subtractions in the formula lead to zero. B18 value is zero. One would expect that the result of the formula also leads to zero. However, the value in AA18 shows 0,00. (a zero value that should not be shown.) Now when I inspect the value more precise: using more decimals or using scientific format it appears that there is a value slightly highe...

Option Group Value won't display in Query when code is executed
Hello, I have an option group stored on a form with 4 choices and am just trying to usethe value selected in the option group within a query. Simple enough, I can get the query to work just fine, displaying information based on the choice made with the option until I execute the query from code. Then it seems that the option group value is not available or is ignored and does not work. What I'm noticing is that if I pause the code at the point where the query is suppose to run and execute the query manually, no information is displayed (option group value shows blank). Howeve...

Min value & corresponding date
I need to get the min value of FVC% and the corresponding date that goes along with this value. I've had no luck just trying to use min from the totals option. This is what I have. From table (tPFT) I need to following fields ingPtID, STUDY_DATE, FVC% ingPtID and STUDY_DATE are both primary keys if that makes a difference. woods1119 - This will pull all records where the FVC% is the min(FVC%) in the table: SELECT ingPtID, STUDY_DATE, FVC% FROM tPFT WHERE FVC% = (SELECT min(FVC%) FROM tPFT); -- Daryl S "woods1119" wrote: > I need to get th...