lines on 2 axis

This works fine if you only plot 2 series,
But how do you plot 3 series, 2 on Y axis and the 1 on the other Y axis  ??
??ian
0
ias (1)

Hi,

You can select a series and change the axis it is plotted on, depending
on the combination of chart types.
Check the Axis tab on the Format dialog that is displayed after double
clicking the data series.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

If Formula #2
How would I make an if formula to say if Column A = MF then add the numbers in column B so that it would be MF=18 and FW=8? A B MF 3 FW 4 MF 2 MF 6 MF 7 FW 4 One way: =SUMIF(A:A,"MF", B:B) In article <0a4601c37b9f$56f0bd20$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "Matt" <matthew_elliott75@yahoo.com> wrote: > How would I make an if formula to say if Column A = MF > then add the numbers in column B so that it would be MF=18 > and FW=8? > > A B > MF 3 > FW 4 > MF 2 > MF 6 > MF 7 > FW 4 ...

Disappearing messages on Office XP Outlook #2
Is the user using a hide read message view? ? nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook/ One of my customers has a strange problem. Click on the message in the inbox and it pops up into the full frame BUT poof it goes away from the inbox. The same holds true if you print the message. The only way to insure it's continued presence is to save it to another folder such as My Documents. Anybody got any ideas? Reposted to include my email. Thanks in advance. Darrell [microsoft.public.outlook] ...

Line Charts
I have developed a budget tracking tool in Excel and one of the reports I need to generate is a line chart which displays a Cumulative Forecast Amount by month and a Cumulative Actual Spend by month. I have used a table with formulas to calculate the figures for each month. Below is an example: JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC CFA $1830 $3490 $5690 $6100 $8000 $8600 CAS $1570 $2274 $2274 $2274 $2274 $2274 As you can see, the Cumulative Actual Spend figures for Sept onwards are identical as we haven't completed those months. Currently, my Line Chart ...

Sending emails with attachments #2
I would like to know when sending files by email, if there is a way to have the file open when the email is opened rather than have the file arrive as an attachment.. "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:Gc2dnWGZpeyIn07YnZ2dnUVZ_qGjnZ2d@comcast.com... >I would like to know when sending files by email, if there is a way to have >the file open when the email is opened rather than have the file arrive as >an attachment.. You and every spammer in the world would love this option. -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk ...

Trendline on Secondary Axis
Hi A strange problem. In a workbook of many sheets, some chart sheets allow me to plot a trendline on the secondary axis, and some do not!. I have tried adjusting scales etc but to no avail. The trendline plots fine if the same axis is used but disappears when switched to the secondary axis although it still shows in the legend. Anyone else had this problem?Thanks Keith ...

List control #2
Hi All, I am creating a list control using CListCtrl class(MFC). Can anyone let me know how can i gray/disable a single item in a List Control so that the user will not be able to select it?. Thanks & Regards, Senthil U�ytkownik "Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:6E4B49A2-4C4B-4074-B441-2E78E39F2B0F@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > I am creating a list control using CListCtrl class(MFC). Can anyone > let me know how can i > gray/disable a single item in a List Control so that the user will not > be able to selec...

Excel Beta 2 2003
Are the files produced by the 2003 Excel readable by earlier versions of Excel? If so, is there any special way that they have to be saved??? The file format used by Excel 2003 is the same as earlier versions, so earlier versions (97, 2000, and 2002) can read and use files created by Excel 2003 with out any problem. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "dsears" <dsc36@cornell.edu> wrote in message news:09aa01c36586$91a30970$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Are the files produced by the 2003 E...

Cell Formatting Problem #2
Perhaps I'm missing something, but when I format a cell to have the text control to be "wrap text" the text does not appear to be wrapping. However, if I then go back to that cell and choose to format the row height to autofit, I get the text to wrap. Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong here, or is this normal? Hi is this a merged cell? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "scottcts" <scottcts@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C9E1934D-7749-4843-A6D3-A0C1547AB4E4@microsoft.com... > Perhaps I'm missing some...

putting 2 charts on 1 sheet.
In Excel 2003, it is possible to copy a chart from 1 worksheet and paste on a worksheet that already has a chart? It doesn't seem to want to work right for me. One pastes over the other one. I'm thinking because the sheets that the charts are on originally were created for each chart. I was able to add a worksheet and copy/paste each one onto it just fine so I have what I needed. Was I just trying to do something that couldn't be done the way I was trying? Thanks for any input. Use worksheets instead of chart sheets. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@au...

Convert 2 per page post card to a 4 per page post card
I have created a post card using a template, but when I look at the print preview it shows 2 post cards per page, the paper I am going to print them on is 4 per page. How do I conver the document or change the layout? What version Publisher are you using? If you are using 2007 use one of the Avery US Letter postcard templates, copy/paste your created postcard to the new page setup. Make a note of the color scheme, you may have to re-set it after the paste. If you are using an earlier version, you should be able to go to page setup and change the copies per sheet. "HptRdsRealtor&q...

New Line with Concatenation
I enter the follow with <alt+enter> after the word Date to get the following in cell A1: Todays Date 03/02/05 I would like to get the same type of format with a concatenated value such as below: ="Today's Date" & TEXT(NOW(),"dd/mm/yy") Is there something I can use in a concatenated value to provide a new line as with <alt+enter>? Thanks, Bernie Hi Bernie, ="Today's Date"&CHAR(10)&TEXT(NOW(),"dd/mm/yy") and make sure that word-wrap is set for the cell. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing ...

Creating a formula to a cell containing a date #2
Thanks, Works perfectly. This forum rocks!! -- hb247 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hb2474's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=418 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26433 ...

SQL Table conflicts? 1.2-3.0 upgrade failure?
Hi, I am trying to track down why I cannot upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0. Since I know little about SQL could someone please help me understand why there are about a dozen conflicts in both MSCRM and METABASE tables? The conflicts look something like conflict_CRMMetaPub_COMPANY__METABASE_Attribute (about a dozen more) There are a similar entries in the MSCRM table. I have tried going offline/online with all the clients to see if that clears the conflicts. What I find curious is that all the dates are creation dates of July, 2005 when some customizations were done. I get an "Action Mi...

Outgoing mail has extra line breaks
When I send a plain text message, Outlook insists on inserting line breaks at around the 65th character position, rather than sending each paragraph as a continuous string. This is annoying because many newgroups show these as "=20", making the messages harder to read. I've looked all over the Options area to try to find out how to stop this, to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks, Brian Brian <bbegan@comcast.net> wrote: > When I send a plain text message, Outlook insists on > inserting line breaks at around the 65th character > position, rather than sending ea...

How to extract/filter unique records from 2 lists?
I have 2 lists, say List A with 300 entries and List B with 320 entries. List A's entries are all in List B and I want to know what are the 20 different entries in List B. Short of manually eyeballing both lists, how do I extract or filter out those 20 unique records? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Enter this formula in C1 to see if the value in B1 is there in the list A1:A300 =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B1,$A$1:$A$300,0)),"Not There","There&...

Subject: Sub/Superscripting should work in Excel Legends/Axis Labe
Well I totally agree with miwilla. Furthermore I would like to add that obviously this problem hasn't even been solved in Excel 2007. I tried the beta 2 online and the same problem persists. If there is a workaround I would kindly like to ask you for an explanation. On the other hand I strongly recommend that the developers take care of that problem, since it affects many of us dedicated Excel users. Keep up the good work! Cheers Tobe You can workaround this missing functionality using an approach such as this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ScientificNotation.html - Jon ...

I get a "MS LAPD Directory" dialogue box asking for a password. #2
What do I do? My end goal is to send fliers in the body of an email - not an attachment, and I was told my Outlook is not set up yet, though I can get my hotmail emails. ...

Ranking Line items on a report
I have a form that shows the results of an athletic event with breakdown by age, skill level,etc. It is sorted on the report by score within the various groupings and it is obvious that the highest score is first place, second highest score is 2nd ... but the user wants to see a 1 after the highest score, a 2 after th second highest, etc. I could use one of several ranking routines I have gotten over the years from this group to create the rank indicator in the recordsource query but I would perfer to do this at the report level. Can it be done?? thanks for any and all help Steve...

Accounts #2
what is a POP3, SIMPLE MAIL TRANSFER PROTOCOL In plain english? Thanks, POP3 is the incoming mail server type, usually port 110 - it's only used by a program like Outlook or Outlook express to collect mail waiting in your mailbox. SMTP is outgoing mail, it uses port 25 usually and it's how mail servers talk to each other and move mail around the internet. This site has the basics and links to more information, if you really want to get technical with it. :) http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/P/POP2.html http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/SMTP.html -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

[ANN] PowerShell Help Reader Basic Edition 1.2 (FREE)
Hi, All I'm glad to announce a new version of PowerShell Help Reader. What's new in 1.2: NEW: License changes based on community feedback NEW: Group by module NEW: Online links NEW: Smart links NEW: Search in document content FIX: PowerShell Help Reader hangs on large document FIX: Memory leaks and performance issues Visit http://powershelltools.com to see all features (Silverlight required) or view screenshots http://powershelltools.com/images System Requirements: - Windows XP SP3 or later - .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 - Windows PowerShell v1.0 or v2.0 -- h...

Obtain the data source Axis Title
Hello, With standard interactive ExcelGraph, I create a title of axis wich is the cell value of a worksheet by a formula "=Sheet1!R1C1" To obtain an axe title linked with the cell value How with VBA can i read this formula ? the property "Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Text " give the value of R1C1 and not the formula ? Thanks Gilles PROVOST (FR) I haven't tried this, but how about Dim s1$, sFormula$ s1 = Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Text sFormula = Range(s1).Formula Dave D-C Gilles P (FR) <GillesPFR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >H...

Summarising data #2
I think this is difficult! My source data is made up of two worksheets from two different dat sources. Worksheet1 looks like A B 1.ICT SUBSISTENCE 2.ICT TELEPHONES & FAX 3.ICT TRAINING EXPENSES 4.ICT WORKSHOP MATERIAL & TOOLS 5 0-12 NORTHAMPTON TEAMM APT&C BASIC 6 0-12 NORTHAMPTON TEAMM CATERING 7 0-12 NORTHAMPTON TEAMM CLEANING & DOMESTIC EQUIPMENT 8 0-12 NORTHAMPTON TEAMM EQUIPMENT PURCHASE 9 0-12 NORTHAM...

Weighted Average #2
I am new to the weighing of numbers using excel. I really need help. I am able to do this manually, but I it takes too long. Yes I still use the calculator instead of excel. I am new at this. Please help. I need to figure out the Quaterly total of the Average second. Manualy, I divide the total of the month and divide it by quaterly total then this number is the multiple by the months average second. And I repeat for all months. I then add and this is where my 0:18 comes from. Please help if this makes sense. Total Average seconds October 7,727 0:26 November 6,292 0:12 December 5,4...

2 Charts but same Y-axis (max-value)
Hi Guys, I have two stacked column charts which represent scenario A and B. In order to make those charts visual comparable I would need to determine the y-axis of chart 2 same as chart 1. I hope there is a solution! Thanks! Hi, 1. You could plot both sets of data on one chart. 2. You can set the max and min values of the axis by double-clicking the Value axis (Y-axis) and choosing the Scale tab, and typing in the values you want for the Minimum and Maximum Same idea different place in 2007 -- cheers, Shane Devenshire "Hannes" wrote: > Hi Guys, > > I have two...

can any one help me in viewing DHCP active leases database ? #2
hi, i am working on a project, as part of the module i have to retrive the ipaddress which r dynamically alloted by DHCP server to all it's DHCP client, these dynamically alloted ipaddress r maintained in active leases database of DHCP server how i am able to view or retrive the data from DHCP server using MFC or is there any other way in getting dynamically alloted ipaddress from DHCP server, i have struck up with this. pls can any one help me in this . my advance thank's to any body answer me and get me out of this prob. byeee lucky u can also ...