Line graph question

How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by
the first day of the month.
--
WH99
0

Hi,

If your dates are entered in the spreadsheet as dates then you may have
problems - Excel stores dates as numbers so today is 39594 and 0 would be
January 0, 1900.  This would tend to spread the x-axis out quite a ways.  If
your dates are not entered as dates then make the first entry 0,0 - that is
put another entry in the data area whose date value is 0 and whose value is
0.  There are potential problems with this approach - each entry will be
spaced equidistant apart on the x-axis, but that may work for you.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"WH99" wrote:

> How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by
> the first day of the month.
> --
> WH99
You could just place the day number into a range next to the dates, use this
as the X values, and create an XY chart. The X axis of the XY chart is a
value axis which you can format to start at 0.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"WH99" <WH99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed
> by
> the first day of the month.
> --
> WH99

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
5/26/2008 11:49:06 PM
Thanks Jon, I shall try that.
--
WH99

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> You could just place the day number into a range next to the dates, use this
> as the X values, and create an XY chart. The X axis of the XY chart is a
> value axis which you can format to start at 0.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "WH99" <WH99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed
> > by
> > the first day of the month.
> > --
> > WH99

0
WH99 (4)

formula question and issue
Hi, When I type this formula in Excel it gives me the wrong amount. =SUM(H1257)*(5.25%)+(0.6)*1.27 - H1257 = $15.50 It gives me the answer to be $1.58 which is wrong. The clear answer is truly $1.79 Is there something wrong with my formula or is there an adjustment I need to make with the software itself. This is frustrating the heck outof me. Why can't Excel give the correct answer of $1.79? thanks Bacchus wrote: > Hi, > > When I type this formula in Excel it gives me the wrong amount. > > =SUM(H1257)*(5.25%)+(0.6)*1.27 - H1257 = $15.50 >...

In-line objects #2
I would like to make two or more objects move down with text in my text box. If I make them each inline separately, the format is messed up. If I group them, the Layout tab isn't available. Any suggestions? Thanks. Using Publisher 2003. ...

Marco Execution Question Please
I have a very small macro I use with Excel 2000. The macro works fine when I manually choose TOOLS/MACRO/MACROS/PLAY, when I try the keyboard shortcut (CTRL Q) nothing happens (it has worked fine for many months). I tried going in and changing the keyboard shortcut to some thing else and it still doesn't work. Suggestions? (I am a novice - go easy on me). -- Thanks in advance... Bob Does your macro open another workbook? If yes, then change your shortcut key to a lowercase letter (ctrl-q, not Q). If you hold the shift key down when open a workbook, you disable the auto_open/work...

Trust question
Hi everyone, I will try to explain this without confusing anyone because it confuses me a little myself. We have DomainA which is currently setup to authenticate (SSO) to our NAC device against our PDC. This works fine for our users that currently have a logon account in DomainA. Recently we have aquired 2 more sister companies. DomainB and DomainC. DomainA has a 2 way trust with DomainB DomainA has a 2 way trust with DomainC DomainB and DomainC have no trust between them We require that all users authenticate through our NAC device using SSO and their logon credentials. ...

Question on "Monthly Income and Expenses" report
I decided I wanted to generate a quarterly report by category showing monthly income and expenses. I was able to get it to work, but try as I might, I can not find a way to show transfers from my checking account to my savings account. I know that I do not want to show transfers to the credit card account. But the choices on the show transfers does not result in the transfers to savings or the purchase of CD's as showing up in the report. I am running Money Plus Delux. Without chasing the specifics just yet, understand that "Income and Expenses" are everything Transfe...

adding another axes with line graph
Hi, Please see screen shot link below. How do I add another axes with line graph for percentage of "Percent 14 days" Thanks! http://storage.vnunited.com/image_files/images/graph.JPG http://storage.vnunited.com/image_files/images/table.JP -- thongtra ----------------------------------------------------------------------- thongtran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2709 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46613 Hi, Have you tried selecting the data series, right click and choose Chart Type. Change the...

Problem with pasteing graphs as picture from excel to PP and Word
Hi, I have a problem with pasting graphs from excel to PowerPoint and Word. When I paste graphs that are colorful and without fill effects they are ok, but when I change the fill effect to gradent and paste the graph to powerpoint document as picture it suddenly turns to grayscale. But if I paste it as Microsoft Excel Chart Object, Device Independant Bitmap or Bitmap it is ok and colorful. Does anyone know what settings should I change to make it colorful when pasted as a picture? ...

filtered list question
I want to autofilter a list and then run a vlookup based on the criteria used. How do you reference the first cell of a filtered list? Assumptions: A2:C10 contains your data E1 contains your lookup value You wish to return the corresponding value in Column C Formula: =VLOOKUP(E1,IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2:A10,ROW(A2:A10)-MIN(ROW(A2:A10)),0,1) ),A2:C10),3,0) ....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER. Adjust the formula accordingly. Hope this helps! In article <B218E24D-73A1-4BCE-8B8A-2A52DD6074BE@microsoft.com>, "Bob B" <Bob B@discussions.microsoft.com...

trash in address line
The address line in Outlook shows a bunch of characters and I am unable to add a new appointment. I get a message that says not enough system resources, but Outlook is the only thing running. Please help! ...

Excel 2007
How would I go about adding a horizontal line to a chart. I am trying to make a line chart and need to place a horizontal line at 80% across the entire chart. How can I do this? QB Insert / Illustrations group / Shapes / Line - draw across at 80% mark. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "QB" wrote: > How would I go about adding a horizontal line to a chart. > > I am trying to make a line chart and need to place a horizontal line at 80% > across the entire chart. How can I do this? > > QB Hi, Use a dummy series ...

On-line training program for Microsoft Project 2007
Hello, can someone recommed an effective on-line training program to learn a basic and intermediate level of MS Project 2007? There's a lot of options. Check the MPUG newsletter. Bill Raymond is teaming up with Versatile to offer a bunch of free sessions. Other options (that I am aware of off the top of my head) MS Project Experts ProjectProCorp Versatile ....and I am sure a bunch of others who will respond to this post. "JB" wrote: > Hello, can someone recommed an effective on-line training program to learn a > basic and intermediate level of...

Line height?
We use Excel 97. We are 5 persons who work Excel at the office. One of them can put the line height at 16.40 and the other four cannot. When they type 16.40, automatically the line height is adjusted to 16.50, then to 16.75, etc. Is there a place where the height is conditioned by something? Yolande Choquette (Quebec, Canada) ...

Question on CTabCtrl and CDialog
Hi there, I created a tab-control with two tabs on a CDialog. Each of the two tabs is a dialog with an edit box. Now the tab-control works well and I can see the two dialogs when I click the tabs. My trouble is how to get the two dialogs really work for me. I mean how to activate one of the dialogs and make it take my input in the edit box. DoModal() doesn't seem work. I appreciated your help and suggestions. Rich Sounds like your focus needs to be set to the edit control. When the dialog that contains the tabs is displayed, the other dialogs (tab pages) are already created, this...

excel 2003 (11.8307.8221) SP3
Can someone point me in the right direction? I have an excel formatting problem. The contents of the cells involved are calculated as follows: cellA contents: "1/15/2010 4:00:00 PM" --- date format "3/14/2001" cellB contents: "1/13/2010 7:00:00 PM" --- date format "3/14/2001" cellC contents: "=sum(a1-a2)" --- time format "37:30:55" --- result displays "45:00:00" which is what I'd expect: exactly 45 hrs But I can't figure out how to convert the cellC contents to display the ...

line item sequence number
Hi, i noticed that the line item ssequence in SOP10200 starts from 16384 and increments by 16384. why such a number? when we import transactions can we put the line item sequence numbers as 1,2,3......? any help is appreciated. Thanks Dev The Line Item Sequence number is incremented by 16384 (which is 2 to the power of 14) so that the lines can be inserted between them. One of the features of SOP is the ability to add a new line above an existing line using the Insert Row button or menu option. This works by adding the Line Item Sequence with a number half way between the line ab...

VS6 -> .NET migration, icon question
I have migrated a small MFC project from VS6 to .NET. One reason is that the end user wants me to use the 9 icon types standard for XP -- 16x16, 32x32, 48x48 at 4, 8, and 24 bit color depth. These are the icon types I see when I create an empty project however these types are not available after migration. For example, if I select "New Image Type..." I get a dialog to choose from with no icon type exceeding 8 bit color. If I select the "Custom..." button in this dialog, I am constrained by a combo box from creating any icon with greater than 8 bit color. How do I creat...

Sender filtering questioning
1.) Is there anyway to seperate the "Message with Blank Sender" and the senders manually defined into different folders, When the "Archives Filtered Messages" is enabled? Its kind of tough the search through 1000's of emails to find out if 1 person in the list has send email. 2.) Also in the bad mail directory why is 3 files created for 1 bad email, this is a space hog, Also is there anyway to stop the collection of bad emails? thanks, Chris DEL *.* Schedule a job to do it. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"...

3 color background in graph?
is it possible to put 3 colors on the background plot area of a graph? green on the bottom yellow in the middle an red at the top ...

Line numbering
How can you display the line numbers by intervals (e.g. 5, 10) instead of showing all line numbers on the page? In the line numbering dialog, there is a spin box to choose the number interval. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MonicaY" <MonicaY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7819DA21-CBA9-48A0-8003-580756920AD9@microsoft.com... > How can you display the line numbers by intervals (e.g. 5, 10) instead of > showing all line numbers on the page? > ...

ADMT command line or vbscript syntax in OU
V31MigGuide.doc is unclear in ADMT command line or vbscript, especially about target OU or source OU syntax. We can read the target OU location in command line syntax is /TO:"target_OU" We can read the target OU location in option file for command line is TargetOU="target_OU" We can read the target OU location in a vbscript is objMigration.TargetDomain = "target domain" and objMigration.TargetOu = "target container" .(I think there's a confusion betwen OU and container in vbscript syntax description.) I tried this : objMigration.Tar...

Outlook Express question
I use Outlook Express for sending & receiving email. After downloading IE7, the ability to underline words in email seems not to be available any more along with the font color I used to use in writing emails. What happened and can I get these features back? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004A_01CA9FBD.E5256930 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable [crosspost to OE General] Do you mean like this? =20 --=20 OE-specific newsgroup: = news://msnews.microsoft.com/micr...

VB Question
I have been sent this little ditty. Apparently it allows you to tur cells a certain colour depending on the value entered in it Conditional formatting does not only limits you to 3 choices. Can anyone explain it to me & how to get started as I have not used th VB part of Excel much. Many thanks. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B7:U29")) Is Nothing Then Select Case Target.Text Case Is = "H" Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 3 Case Is = "M" Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 45 Case Is = "L" Target.Interior....

Help! I am asked to create a graph in a Time format (00:00:00).
My supervisor asked me to create a graph in time format (00:00:00). Can anybody help me? I have not a chart for this format and I cannot seem to do it. Thanks. Tess Neumann Tess, Believe me: nothing extraordinary. You must normally select x- and y-ranges as in each other case and via chart wizard the xy-chart (“scattered”). The x-range must be of course formatted as you (or your boss) have indicated (e.i. 00:00:00). The only complication is with setting the x-axis limits. You should not let yourself confused by the bid of decimal numbers of some 36000. You must input your limit val...

A question about NamedPipe
hi, all I just tested the Multithreaded Pipe Server in MSDN and this is what I understood, not sure if it is right. One pipe handle returned by CreateNamedPipe() only can serve one client, but we can create multiple pipes with the same pipe name. So, in order to serve multiple clients, we need to create multiple pipes to wait for connect, or at least there should be one pipe is waiting for connect. Is this right? Thanks Yes, that's right. There are two approaches you can take: one is to create multiple pipes, and wait for connects; the other is to create a small number of pipes (as f...

UDF question
is there a way to call the existing value of cell inside a UDF? Cell A1 has a formula in it, including a UDF. Inside that UDF's code, is there a way to retreive what the existing value of A1 is, before the UDF replaces that value with a new one. intended purpose: to prevent a volitile function from running every time Excel refreashes its calculations nonexistant code example: IF(ISNUMBER(CellValueFunction()),cell_value_function,rand()) Thanks "Adam Kroger @hotmail.com>" <adam_kroger<nospam> wrote... >is there a way to call the existing value of cell insid...