line graph display 0 for blank cells

in a simple line graph, the line is displayed as zero on
the chart when the source data cells are blank.  How can I
make the chart not display the blank cells as 0?
0
anonymous (74722)

Mark -

If the cells are truly blank, select Options from the Tools menu, then
on the Chart tab, choose something other than Zero for Plot Empty Cells
As. Typically, the "empty" cells are not empty, but are the result of a
formula that returns "". The cells aren't empty, they contain the string
"". In the offending formula, change "" to NA(), which returns the #N/A
error, which a chart just interpolates over. Use conditional formatting
in the worksheet to hide these errors. Debra Dalgleish shows how here:

   http://contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Errors

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Mark wrote:

> in a simple line graph, the line is displayed as zero on
> the chart when the source data cells are blank.  How can I
> make the chart not display the blank cells as 0?

0
jonNOSPAM (60)

Prevent clicking on a cell

if cell is text move left one column

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

Date display in Excel

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

Displaying Scenarios
I have set up a number of scenarios on a worksheet as they relate to different versions of my budget. Rather than having to go in everytime and display each one individuall, I would like to enter a parameter in one cell that will automatically display the right scenarios. Hopefully, using a conditional statement of some kind. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jeffrey Albaum Controller Jet Moulding Compounds Inc. Ajax, Ontario, Canada How about a worksheet_change event? I created a couple of custom views and then rightclicked on the worksheet tab that held the important cell. ...

Separating Date and Time in a cell

line chart with NA() values

Automatic changes in cells

how to generate a polynomial regression graph with 90% CI?
How do I add a trend line with the 10th, 50th and 90th percentiles to a scattergram graph? Excel has no graphics option nor any worksheet function that will do this. LINEST will give the standard errors of regression coefficients, but not their covariances (which are needed to get the standard error of a fitted value). Your options are to either write your own polynomial regression function, or use a different package. R is a freely available http://www.r-project.org full-featured and widely used statistical package that is an open-source implementation of the S languaguage, that ca...

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Sorting Cells by Colors

Zero to appear as blank
I have a VLOOKUP formula below. When the value is zero, I want the result to be blank. What do I do. =IF(A10="","",VLOOKUP(A10,detail,2)) Thnx Prakash..... =if(a10="","",if(vlookup(a10,detail,2)=0,"",vlookup(a10,detail,2))) Prakash wrote: > > I have a VLOOKUP formula below. When the value is zero, I want the result to be blank. What do I do. > > =IF(A10="","",VLOOKUP(A10,detail,2)) > > Thnx > Prakash..... -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com In addition to modifying your formula as Dave suggeste...