Line Continuation in combination chart

I have a combination chart that shows bars for each months sales projections
and actual sales.  I also have lines that represent the cumulative actual
sales and the cumulative projected sales.  I would like to show the actual
sales to date and continue that line from current date with the projected
sales.  Any Ideas?
0
CB1 (3)

I did this for a line-chart-only chart here, but it can easily be extended
to your combo chart:

http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/06/06/category-axis-tricks-for-line-and-area-charts-1/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"CB" <CB@dsucussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a combination chart that shows bars for each months sales
>projections
> and actual sales.  I also have lines that represent the cumulative actual
> sales and the cumulative projected sales.  I would like to show the actual
> sales to date and continue that line from current date with the projected
> sales.  Any Ideas?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
6/24/2008 3:42:51 PM
Jon,
Thanks so much.  You have ended my frustrations.  I was almost there but
didn't realize the cells had to be null.
Thanks again,
Cheryl

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> I did this for a line-chart-only chart here, but it can easily be extended
> to your combo chart:
>
> http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/06/06/category-axis-tricks-for-line-and-area-charts-1/
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "CB" <CB@dsucussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a combination chart that shows bars for each months sales
> >projections
> > and actual sales.  I also have lines that represent the cumulative actual
> > sales and the cumulative projected sales.  I would like to show the actual
> > sales to date and continue that line from current date with the projected
> > sales.  Any Ideas?

0
CB1 (3)

combination side by side and stacked
am trying in '07 to get 3 series to be side by side columns and 3 others to be side by side with the first three, but stacked themselves. In other words, 3 of them are large and important, and 3 are getting drowned out in the scaling. This on top of the fact that the width, per period, for all 6 to be side by side, is excessive and makes the graph difficult. So I want to put 3 on top of each other to show the aggregate effect (with divisions, not as one total), and the larger three as single columns themselves (to make sure the trend of each is seen on its own. As I try to change...

Export Chart to JPG in VB.NET
Hi, I tried searching this group and others to find a way to export a chart from excel using vb.net but I can't seem to find any solution. I'm trying to avoid using VBA. I'm trying: xlsheet.ChartObjects("ChartName").Export("test.jpg", "jpg") but that doesn't seem to be working. The export method doesn't seem to work. I get this error: "Public member 'Export' on type 'ChartObject' not found." Any help would be great. Thanks, JP Nevermind, I found it. Wrong: xlsheet.ChartObjects("ChartName").Export...

How to specify pie chart total?
Hi guys, I'm sure this is me being dim but can you help. I have a worksheet showing a column of figures that each shows the number of different 'incidents' that have occurred. At the bottom of the sheet is the overall number of calls. Many calls do not become an 'incident'. Some calls can end up with two or more incidents. I'd like to create a pie chart showing the percentage of each type of incident - with much of the pie chart blank as many calls did not progress to becoming an incident. For the life of me I can't work out how to do this. I can easily c...

Pivot Charts
I noticed that you are limited to the amount of editing you can do to a pivot chart such as sizing it differently. Is there a way to allow me to size it, like you would in a regular Excel chart?? Thanks [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to David M.. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] Not directly, no. PivotCharts are limited in their formatting capability. However, if you create a regular chart from the PivotTable data, you will have more control over the chart. Of course, to do so requires (a) the PT be formatted with...

anyone know how to plot Ternary Charts in Excel ?
Is it possible to plot Ternary (x vs y vs z) in Excel, like in Deltagraph ? Hi, Here are some links, from previous posts, on ternary plots. http://www.sfu.ca/~marshall/ternplot.htm http://www.uni-wuerzburg.de/mineralogie/links/drawing/ternary.html http://www.geologynet.com/programs/ternplot.xls http://www.prodomosua.it/zips/triangolare.xls http://www.lboro.ac.uk/research/phys-geog/tri-plot/ http://www.agri.upm.edu.my/~chris/tal/talxl.html ftp://www-sst.unil.ch/ftp/jfurrer/Trix_fr.zip http://www-sst.unil.ch/perso_pages/jfurrer/Applications/Trixcel/Trixcel.htm Cheers Andy Nigel Goodwin wrot...

Excel 2007
I can't select a label and move it with a radar chart and excel 2007. Whenever I click a category label, all the labels are selected as well as the chart, so it's not possible to move one individually. ...

OE 6 -- subject line requestion, please?
i am using microsoft outlook express 6 (6.00.2800.1123) in the recent past, anytime i sent a web page link using outlook express, the subject line automatically contained a few descriptive words regarding the link i sent. however, for the past several months, anytime i do the above, the subject line always says a variation of this: "Emailing: 010672" .... plus the body of the email always says this: "Your files are attached and ready to send with this message." then before i can press SEND, i have to 'manually' edit the subject line and then 'del...

Pick up date for Charts from the Spreadsheet
I have a workbook with one data sheet and several charts which represent weekly activity. I want to be able to pick up the title of the charts from the spreadsheet, e.g. "Sales Activity for Week Ending April 7, 2006". This title information is contained in a cell in the spreadsheet. How do I get it to display at the top of each chart without having to manually type it in the title area under Chart Options? Wilfred: Here' a link to a post I have on dynamic titles that sounds like what you are looking for. http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_dynamic_chart_title.htm I ...

surface charts in 2-D
There are horizontal and verticle lines across the surface chart in 2-D. Can these be removed. They do not respond to the gridline feature. I have been unable to find a way to remove them. You can't click on them either. Hi, You need to remove the border from each series. http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/removing_lines_from_a_surface_chart/ Cheers Andy Sarah Jurak wrote: > There are horizontal and verticle lines across the surface chart in 2-D. Can > these be removed. They do not respond to the gridline feature. I have been > unable to find a w...

Delete horizontal lines
Horizontal lines have appeared in my text in Word 2007 compatibility mode. I can't put the cursor on them. they don't respond to backspace or delete. They can't be treated as objects. i don't where they came from I don't find any solution in HELP. It tells how to add lines but not how to remove them. Perhaps I am asking the wrong question on the help screen. I appreciate your courtesy. Joseph Assuming the lines print (that is, they're not the drawing grid), see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsof...

extending source data in several charts
I have a big Excel doc with numerous charts, each with numerous lines. About once per month, I need to extend the charts for about a month. This is a very painful process for each graph (multiplied by numerous graphs!). Does anyone have any simple method to do a mass change, standard or VBA? This would be extremely helpful. I also noticed some posts using OFFSET, but this would be too confusing for my father (for whom I am doing this) and too cumbersome. Something like a standard function or a VBA macro that I can program would make his life so much easier. Thanks much! if you don...

Tally chart cells exist in Excel!??
Hello I was wondering if for example there exists a way in which yo have a cell which u put a line like &#9553; to represent "1" so fo example if you have 5 of those lines in a cell, i want the cell besid to display the number "5". Is this possible, if so can anyone explain me how to do it Thanks for your time From John Woo -- Neo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3032 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50618 H...

header full line but page 2 rows
Hi I like to design a report header and page over the full width of A4 paper. But all the data in 2 coloums. On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:45:01 -0800, Bruno wrote: > Hi > I like to design a report header and page over the full width of A4 paper. > But all the data in 2 coloums. Create a report the full width of the paper. Click on File + Page Setup + Columns Set the number of columns to 2 Uncheck the "same as detail" check box Enter the width of the columns wanted. Select "Down then Across" or "Across then Down", as wanted. -- Fred...

Combine cell totals from 5 sheets into summary in Excel
Hi Milor, =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!A1) --- Regards, Norman "milor" <milor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:440449BE-3F82-40E1-ADFB-DD2C261045EC@microsoft.com... > ...

Dates in Charts
I have a chart that I have created based on data that lists dates and amounts. The dates are not consecutive however when I create the chart it shows all dates March 1, March 2, March 3 Even though I did not enter March 2 at all. How do I stop it from doing that? you cant. just like if you had numeric data 0, 3, 9, 15 and plotted it. the numbers in between are still shown on the axis. AGP "Erika" <Erika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BC1E855-7741-44A3-9E5F-7E928A16AE15@microsoft.com... >I have a chart that I have created based on data that lists ...

6 items line-column chart on 2 axis
I would like a bar chart to show (in 2 bars) the forecast dollars and actual percentage, where the forecast $$ use the right axis and the actual % use the left axis. The final 4 indicies will be charted using a line chart. When I create this chart my bars stack instead displaying beside each other presumable because each bar uses a different axis. Is there anyway to show the bars in separate columns? Thank you. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "...

variable height variable width stacked bar charts
Hi I need to create a chart which would resemble a variable width variable height stacked bar chart with values on both sides of the Y axis (This I achieved by giving values needed on the left a negative sign). I tried to get the above chart using all these basic charts in excel - stacked bar charts, stacked column charts,stacked area charts, stacked scatter plots but could not get the final chart. Though I was able to get a variable height stacked bar chart(with pos n neg values), I am not able to get the final desired chart. Please let me know how I can get the above mentioned chart. Than...

Extract Final Row Mulitple Excel Files into Combined Workbook
Hi, Not sure if anyone can help on this, but I am completely struggling with VBA and have been looking through threads to try and find a solution. I'm trying to open multiple excel files by looking at a specific directiry file and then locate the final row and extract the data into one spreadsheet. I think I've managed to produce a VBA to look at multiple files but the rest.......help ! Can anyone help? Regards, Paul Holmes range("A65536").end(xlup).entirerow.copy destination:= activeworkbook.close get the next workbook "londonpaul" <paul.holmes@scottwilso...

Changing Default Chart Format
Hello all, I I'm trying to change the format a chart has by default. Basically what I'm trying to change is the grey background in the chart area, making it white by default on any new workbook I make a chart on. Can this be done? Thanks in advance, Cheers Juan Hi, Jon Peliter's article explains this. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=299 Cheers Andy Saurjusa wrote: > Hello all, > > I I'm trying to change the format a chart has by default. Basically what I'm > trying to change is the grey background in the chart area, making ...

Pivot Table Chart Legend
Hello all. I am currently developng a Line chart via a pivot table. One thing I have noticed is that the legend runs in ascending order. E.g. Z at the top down to A's at the bottom. Is there any way of getting the legend "flipped" so it runs A-Z without amending the pivot table itself?? Thank you. Hi, Double check the chart type. A flipped legend would suggest a Stacked Line chart rather than a plain Line chart. Cheers Andy Chiccada wrote: > Hello all. > > I am currently developng a Line chart via a pivot table. One thing I have > noticed is that th...

Charts change by user
I have a set of charts to track daily data. On my PC with my resolution they look perfect. But when other users look at them with their lower resolutions they look different. The legend and other items move and do not fit the chart anymore. Is there a way to make the charts look the same no matter who looks at them and no matter what their resolution is? Thanks! Tim - I suppose you could export them as GIF files, and report them in a web page. Then everyone has the same low resolution. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index...

combining cell entries
I remember having read a simple formula for combining the entries in cells (be it text or numbers), so that the result shows in another cell. Example: cell A1 has Lotus and cell A2 has 123 The formula placed in let us say cell C5 delivers me : Lotus123 It was very simple but i cannot find it anywhere Please help!! One way: Use the concatenation operator: =A1 & A2 another: use the Concatenation Function: =CONCATENATE(A1,A2) In article <56tagv0nkvfjelpt2ka2s29aum4r2a434r@4ax.com>, rjz@haaghuishof.nl wrote: > I remember having read a simple formula for combining ...

Disappearing charts
I have a chart I added a text box to and now the graph will not print if I use a print area. If I print the chart window, the graph prints but not if I print using a print area that includes data outside of the chart window. Any ideas how I can get my chart to print including the graph? ...

Trying to do this chart
I'm hoping somebody could tell me how to do this chart: I have several scheduled tasks that start at different times and run for various durations of time. I'd like to create a chart with the scheduled times as the Y axis and durations as the X axis. I'd like to have bars (or lines, etc.) that fill in for the duration. So the end result will be something where I can see from a glance how many of these processes are overlapping. Any ideas? tod It sounds like you want a Gantt Chart. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html "Tod" <todtown@swbell...

combining data from several worksheets in a pivot table
I have a workbook with data for sales there is a separate sheet for each month. Every time an agent makes a sale he records it using the date he processed the sale. the sheet then calculates the week number i want to produce a pivot table showing sales by agent for each week however as weeks cross between 2 months i need to be able to include all 12 sheets in the source data for pivot table can this be done. any ideas please Yes - by using "Multiple consolidation ranges" when setting up the table. In my experience this brings more problems than it is worth - because we do not g...