Line-Column 2 axes Help

I can't seem to set up a line/column graph and format it correctly.  I have
over 10 series of elevation data and corresponding dates from one worksheet,
and precipitation data and corresponding dates from another worksheet.

I have the the elevation series plotted to the 2nd x axis (date) and the
precipitation series plotted to the 1st x asis (date).  Precip data on the
left y axis and Elevation data on the right y axis.

Ideally, what I want is line graphs for the elevation data and bar chart for
the precip data.  I can either get ALL the data to be line graph data, or one
of my elevation series as bar chart.  I can't seem to change this regardless
of the various chart or formatting options I choose.

Anybody have any suggestions?

KP (15)

The best way to get the combination chart you want is to avoid the built-in
ones and make your own. Make a chart using all your data, using the chart
type that will be used by most of the series. Select a series to change, and
select a different chart type from Chart menu > Chart Type. Repeat as needed
with other series (the F4 function key shortcut for Repeat Last Action works
here). Then double click a series to put onto the secondary axis, and on the
Axis tab, select Secondary. F4 works to repeat this on the next series too.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"kp" <kp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't seem to set up a line/column graph and format it correctly.  I have
> over 10 series of elevation data and corresponding dates from one
> worksheet,
> and precipitation data and corresponding dates from another worksheet.
>
> I have the the elevation series plotted to the 2nd x axis (date) and the
> precipitation series plotted to the 1st x asis (date).  Precip data on the
> left y axis and Elevation data on the right y axis.
>
> Ideally, what I want is line graphs for the elevation data and bar chart
> for
> the precip data.  I can either get ALL the data to be line graph data, or
> one
> of my elevation series as bar chart.  I can't seem to change this
> regardless
> of the various chart or formatting options I choose.
>
> Anybody have any suggestions?

jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Converting to PDF #2
I lose my hyperlinks to email addresses when I convert from Publisher 2002 to a .PDF in Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional. Do I need to upgrade to Publisher 2003 or can this be fixed? While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Banks <Banks@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I lose my hyperlinks to email addresses when I convert from Publisher > 2002 to a .PDF in Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional. Publisher sends printable information to the printer driver. As you cannot click a hyperlink on a printed piece of paper, Publisher doesn&#...

How do you change the rows to columns and columns to rows.
Ok, I am stumped on how to do this? I have a spreadsheed that has Dates in the A column and Data in the row. I want to make is so, the data is in the A column and Dates ru accross in the 1 column. How can I do this? Sound easy, but I am stumped??? :eek -- cc4digita ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cc4digital's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39843 Highlight your data and copy it into the clipboard. Move to an open spot in the sprea...

Problems with public folders #2
I am having two problems which may or may not be related. 1) In System Manager when I try to view or work with the public folder tree, I get the following error "The token supplied to the function is invalid", ID no:80090308. I cannot see any public folders or manage them at all after that. 2) Whenever anyone clicks on send/receive in outlook 2003, they get the following error "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F):'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is for either...

How do I add vertical lines to separate columns in Outlook 2003 #2
In Outlook 2000, all columns were separated by a gray vertical line. I can't seem to set this up in Outlook 2003. Any help would be appreciated ARe you using Word as the message editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, mschwartz asked: | In Outlook 2000, all columns were separated by a gray | vertical line. I can't seem to set this up in O...

How do I have Column Headers Repeat Autmoatically on Every Page?
I just want to know how to have header automatically repeat on every page, without having to insert row, copy and paste.... Hi file - Pagesetup - Sheets and define the repeating rows "kristiatscaor" wrote: > I just want to know how to have header automatically repeat on every page, > without having to insert row, copy and paste.... ...

Swedish characters in the Display name #2
I have a problem with Swedish characters in the senders' names on outgoing e-mail. Previously we have formatted the display names like: Last name, First name This is causing problems for some external recipients, since their e-mail program reads this as two addresses (Last name as one name and First name as another) I tried changing the display name for one user to "First name Last name" instead, but then the Swedish characters are not shown when he/she sends an external e-mail. Example: "Åke Jönsson" becomes "Ake Jonsson" or "Åsa H...

Print 2 receipts when selling item with rebate?
Is there any way to program rms to print multiple receipts on particullar items, for example I sell an automatic pool cleaner that has two differant mail in rebates and we always supply the customer with duplicate receipts Victor Out of the box, no. The easiest way is to train cashiers to use the Reprint function when they need a second copy. The other option is to configure the receipts to print 2 copies every time, but that's probably a waste of paper. I'm pretty sure this could be accomplished as a customization using the HTML status bar and QSBridge, but you would need a ...

Percentage Column Charts
HI!! I think I am thinking too much about this and it is easier than it seems, but I cant figure it out! hopefully someone can help. So I need to create a chart with 2 column...plan vs. actual. But I need each of these bar columns to be separted by percentages of the categories that make them up. EX: I need to make a comparison on how big of a percentage the Labor part of the Budget was when they planned and how it differs from the actual execution. Thanks for your help! Stacked Column Graph Set up as labor code ACT PLAN a 1 1 b 3 2 c 5 3 d ...

2007 Schema Prep #2
I extended my AD last night for 2007 and have a few questions to verify it was successful: I have a root domain (domain.local) that houses my schema master and a child domain (domain.net) that has Exchange 2003. I ran setup /prepareAD then ran setup /preparedomain: domain.net and both said they completed successfully. However, I was expecting to see the new OU (Microsoft Exchange Security Groups) in my child domain. It is present in my root domain. Is that all correct? In my child domain I now have a new global security group call Exchange Install Domain Servers. Last thing, the D...

Formula query #2
I am trying to identify a formula which will add and then display th number of times a number appears in a range. For example, the range looks like this .......A...........B............C 1...1110......1110.......1114 2...1110..... 1111.......1111 3...1111......1112.......1110 4...1111......1113.......1111 The numbers which appear in the applicable range e.g. 1110, could b any number between 1110 and 9999 and as such I cannot simply predefin which number to look for. I am hoping the output could like as follows: .......A........B 1....1110....4 2....1111....5 3....1112....1 4.....

if formula #2
i have this formula in a cell D3 =IF(A1="F",B1&B2) how can i make it multiple for example i want to add this IF(a2="G",B1&B3) in D3 also. thanks Either - =IF(AND(A1="F",A2="G"),B1&B3,) =IF(OR(A1="F",A2="G"),B1&B3,) Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "jaypee" <jaypee2cool@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O3NhGKIhGHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >i have this formula in a cell D3 =IF(A1="F",B1&B2) > how can i make it multiple for example i want to add this IF(a2="G&q...

separate columns
Hi, I am having a little problem and I was wondering if any of you coul help me with it. I have two columns, A (Definitions) and B is empty. Column A has several words in a single cell, I was wondering if ther is a way to put only the first word from cell A1, for example, in cel B1. Thanks. Regards, Marco -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Marcos! Try: =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "marksuza >" <<marksuza.16lqli@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:ma...

How to make a column of formulas all ROUND
I created a spreadsheet in which I have a column of formulas. Most of these fomulas are simply pulling a single number off another sheet. I want to make all the formulas ROUND versions of the existing formula without having to go into each cell and making the change. They are not in order to which I can just make the first fomula a ROUND fomula and copy down. So, is there a way to select a range of cells and make the existing fomulas all ROUND versions? Thanks. Would this help? Sub RoundAdd() Dim mystr As String Dim cel As Range For Each cel In Selection If...

Secondary axes issues
I have the following sample data.... COL-1 COL-2 Month Cumulative Revenue (Without help) Jan-09 2.20 Feb-09 5.36 Mar-09 10.28 COL-3 COL-4 Dates Cumulative Revenue (With Help) Mar-25 0.20 Mar-28 1.50 Mar-31 2.50 Apr-2 3.25 Apr-5 4.65 I want to show ONE CHART where the revenue trend with help has been better than the months without help I tried using COL-1, COL...

PLEASE HELP--ERROR MESSSAGE
I have two error messages. The reason why I am getting this is because I got a new computer and I copied my old outlook information and put it in the new computer. Everytime I open my outlook this message appears and the only thin I have to do is click ok and everything works. But how do I fix it? I did reload outlook serval times and there error message still comes even if I do not put my old information in it. Error 1: "The add-in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\SBCMSYNC.DLL" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repai...

Reminder is not work in default folder #2
I used as follow coding to send email to outlook client(outlook 2000): ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''=AD'''''''''''''''' Dim ll As New CDO.Message Dim bb As New CDO.Configuration bb.Fields(cdoSMTPServer) =3D "nc80012" bb.Fields(cdoSendUsingMethod) =3D cdoSendUsingPort bb.Fields.Update Set ll.Configuration =3D bb ll.Fields.Append "urn:schemas:mailheader:x-mess=ADage-flag", adBSTR _ ...

POP3 & IMAP4 services #2
Hi there, I got problems on starting POP3 & IMAP4 services. Recently they cannot be start after my exchange server restarts. At the beginning, POP3 cannot be start automatically, later it's IMAP4. After I can start them manually after the server has been completely started, I check event viewer, I found the server did try to start IMAP4, but got error "An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service: server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x80040a01." At the same time, an event also there, "Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service (Build...

Office 2001 for Mac help needed!
As an undergrad, I received a copy of Microsoft Office 2001 for Mac and it is installed on my iMac that I used there. However, I just bought a new MacBook for graduate school and need to install Office on that computer now, but when I put the disk in and double click on install it wont work. All of the icons have an x on them and I believe it says it "This application cannot run on this system" or something to that effect. HELP! I need Office asap since classes start this week! Thank you Laura Hi Laura - Your best bet is to hie thee to the university bookstore & get the u...

Help! Outlook 2000 multiple e-mail accounts.
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000. I have set up five different email accounts and when I click on "Send/Receive" I can see the five accounts listed, but when I click on any one of them, the Inbox does not change, it stays with the Default Inbox. Even the Login window appears and I enter the login info, it still stays with the Default Inbox. At this point I cnanot access other e-mail accounts other than the Default one which appears everytime I open Outlook. Any suggestions/comments/assistances is much appreciated. Thank you. Thomas Do you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail ...

2 accounts being sent under one address
I currently have two accounts in my Outlook 2000. xxx@provider.net & PPP@provider.net. The PPP@provider.net is the primary account. When sending an email from the xxx@provider.net, it still shows as the PPP@provider.net address, so in turn I get any replies to the xxx@provider.net back to the PPP@provider.net. Is there any way to make the reply address or the address of sender shown to the xxx@provider.net account? You said you had 2 accounts. You then listed 2 email addresses. Those are not the same thing. Clarify your post. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jeepstr9" ...

Compare 2 Worksheets Create a 3rd depending on results
I have a unique problem that none of the other posts or shareware seems to solve. I have 2 worksheets (orig.xls and new.xls) that are 15 columns wide (to the "O"). The data is just numbers but the second column either has the words: "new" or "cancel" which is important as you will see. I need to compare the two worksheets and create a third worksheet (update.xls) depending on the three possible results: 1) If a row is removed in the new.xls file = copy the row from the orig.xls file and make the 2nd column "Cancel" 2) If a row is added to the new.xls...

Printing Externally #2
That works great...except it word brings up a message box stating tha Word is currently printing, if you exit, you will cancel you print.....and if i click no, so i dont close word, it still doesnt wan to print...any suggestions???Thank -- tess45 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tess457's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1393 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26662 There's a setting in MSWord that allows you to do background printing. I've turned this off--so Word do...

money 03 same funds in 2 accounts
I have 1 tax defered account and 1 non-tax defered account. They both have the same mutual fund in them. Money won't let me use the same symbol twice for 2 accounts. Any thoughts ? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=59. "Fruehauf2000" <fruehauf2000@aol.com> wrote in message news:20041201213351.11419.00001421@mb-m29.aol.com... >I have 1 tax defered account and 1 non-tax defered account. They both have >the > same mutual fund in them. Money won't let me use the same symbol twice for > 2 > accounts. Any thoughts ? ...

OT: Trend Micro WFBS SP2 beta starting 2/15/10
Anyone interested in helping to improve the WFBS product should join the beta...and all future ones. https://www.trendbeta.com/index.php?get=356&content=554 Gregg Hill -- Gregg's pet peeves: First of all, what does a peeve look like, and why would anyone want one as a pet? Peeve #1: Apostrophes: when in doubt, leave them out! You will be correct more often than not. Its = Belonging to it. For example, "Look at the sky. Its color is blue." It's = It is. For example, "It's hot today." It's = It has. For example, "It's b...

Help on percentages greater than 100
Thanks in advance for your assistance. I have a fairly larger list of numbers that needs to be divided to get a percntage. Due to restrictions, accesses etc some of the numbers which were accurate at the time will result in a number greater that 100%. These values (%) will eventually end up on a graph and should not exceed 100%. A B C 1 88 89 =b1/a1 (101%) 2 88 88 =b2/b2 (100%) the ( ) above are the results. What I need is a way to show the numbers that are > 100% but limit th...