Line - Column 2 Axes chart question

I'm plotting monthly and ytd data as columns on the x axis.  And for the y
axis, I'm showing a percentage that relates to the monthly data, not the ytd
data.  I've formatted the 4 sets of columns to "0 overlap" and "100 gap
width".  So, for each set of columns (month and ytd), the month and ytd
columns are touching.  Currently, the data point for percentage line on the y
axis sits in the middle of each set of columns.  But since the percentage
data point really only relates to the monthly data, I was hoping to shift the
line so the data points are over the month column, instead of in between the
two columns.  Is this possible?  And if so, how can I go about shifting it
over the month column?
0
mktgvzw (1)

See http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"mktg@vzw" <mktgvzw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm plotting monthly and ytd data as columns on the x axis.  And for the y
> axis, I'm showing a percentage that relates to the monthly data, not the
> ytd
> data.  I've formatted the 4 sets of columns to "0 overlap" and "100 gap
> width".  So, for each set of columns (month and ytd), the month and ytd
> columns are touching.  Currently, the data point for percentage line on
> the y
> axis sits in the middle of each set of columns.  But since the percentage
> data point really only relates to the monthly data, I was hoping to shift
> the
> line so the data points are over the month column, instead of in between
> the
> two columns.  Is this possible?  And if so, how can I go about shifting it
> over the month column?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Stupid question regarding reports
I am a former Quicken user switching to Money and I have what seems to me a very dumb report question. How do I create a new report? I've looked in the help file and in the online tutorial and users guide and find plenty of references to customizing an existing report but nothing about creating a new one. I realize that it must be there somewhere. Someone please help this dummy (it would be nice if they gave you even a 5 page manual though). Bob Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports" and select which one you want. Don't forget to use "custom...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Counting number of X's in a column

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

matching contents #2

Embedded Chart Versus Chart
I've created a class module to capture a Shift+Click on a pivot chart, which then opens the data associated with that point. It works great on pivot charts on their own sheet, but when I use the same code on an embedded chart, it fails (error code -2147417848). Everything seems to work fine, it derives the same row and column values as needed, but the ShowDetail property is unavailable in the embedded charts. Anyone have any insight? james Igoe || james.igoe@gmail.com || http://code.comparative-advantage.com I eventually solved my problem, simply using "On Error Resume Next&...

Newbie Question: Using Web Services
Hello All. I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success. I've tried the example, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp, to no avail. I have followed the example to the letter, but find the information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be somewhat lacking. Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am continually running into an error in line 54: xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(), strAllAccountsFetchXML)); Has anyone else ...

Please ignore #2

Question about Cell Borders
I need to be able to set a default cell border style, thickness and color, such that when the Border button on the Format toolbar is clicked, that border will be consistently applied to the selected cells. Is there any way to permanently change the border produced by the toolbar button. Thanks Kevin I don't know of any way to reliably do what you're after. However, a better solution would be to create a new toolbar button and attach a macro that you record (Tools/Macros/Record new macro) applying the border style, thickness and color that you want. In article <C4FC8DC5-C...

reason codes #2
I'm having a big problem tracking discounts in RMS. Whenever something is discounted up front, a reason code is set. There are several I use for discounts. However, when I try to do an Item Movement History report and select based on those reason codes, I never get any matches. When I do an item history report for a few weeks, I notice that the only reason codes that are displayed are the ones pertaining to inventory adjustment. It seems that reason codes associated with discounts do not display in this report. HELP! I need these to display to track discounts (and also store use)! ...

Outlook Express 5 #2
On loading, error message "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.dll at 017f:7dbf3070.." Appeared to coincide with display config change? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of...

CRM 1.2 12-02-05
I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start the application if I log onto the server usind the server administrator account. If I try to access using a domain users account I just get a page cannot be displayed error, could somebody please help... Have you added the appropriate domain users as crm users using the deployment manager? "Redders" <Redders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D80FF8B4-78F1-4334-ACB5-2F772F0CF3B6@microsoft.com... > I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start >...

Workbook_Open Help #2
Hello Frank, Here's the code Private Sub Workbook_Open() ' Call Unhide_Sheets ' Sheets("CONTROLPANEL").Select Range("A1").Select Call Splash End Su -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26252 Hi and there's no application.screenupdating=false statement in your unhide procedure? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Fable" <Fable.1d07w...

Sum column values that contains text &/or dates
Column D3 thru D43 contain a mixture of values & dates. For example: D3 = 16,026.76 D4 = 11-18-05 D5 = blank D6 = 6,855.34 D7= 11-03-05 D8 = blank D9 = 5,270.00 D10 = 11-02-05 Need sum to equal 28,152.10 (total only values from entry or formulas) Thanks so much. mikeburg -- mikeburg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24581 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489114 If your dates are text strings which say "11-18-05"...

bar chart on 2 axis
I am trying to create a bar chart. I have 9 series for which each have 2 sets of data value. I want to create a bar chart where each series is represented by 1 bar, with the chart having one set of values along the x axis and one along the y axis. I am having great difficulty with this. Can you help at all? Full instructions are found at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Hannah" <Hannah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED02B24D-AEA9-40E0-8D8C-4199...

Resizing elements of Excel charts
Any ideas why Excel won't let me resize my plot area or legend, etc.? I can get the double arrow handles to show up, but they won't work. Oh - I just realized it is because I am working with a PivotChart. I can avoid that, but for the future is there any way to resize elements of PivotCharts, or is what you see what you get? "Artifactual" wrote: > Any ideas why Excel won't let me resize my plot area or legend, etc.? I can > get the double arrow handles to show up, but they won't work. Pivot charts do not have the same flexibility as normal charts. The...

Excel
In Excel, although in Tools, Options, View, the grid lines box is checked, they don't show on my worksheet? Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks. Look in Tools, Options, View and in the color box under the gridline box, make sure it is set for automatic -- ElsiePO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ElsiePOA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=390 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26183 Also Format the cells' background color to "No Color"(default) and not ...

Concatenate info from columns into one row.
Hie, can anyone help with the following: COL A COL B COL C COL D Unit 1 Unit 1 3B Unit 1: 3B, 5LH, 6RH Unit 2 Unit 1 5LH Unit 2: 4B, 6LH, 7RH Unit 3 Unit 1 6RH Unit 3: 5B, 4LH, 9RH Unit 4 Unit 2 4B Unit 4 Unit 2 6LH Unit 2 7RH Unit 3 5B Unit 3 4LH Unit 3 9RH Unit 4 What i've got are 4 unique units, each of which have a handing assigned to them. I need to concat...