Line Chart x - axis display date and quarter and automatically upd

Hi I want have my excel line charts updating automatically when new data is
added every quarter. I also want the x – axis display as e.g. 2008Q1 or Q1
dec – 2008. I have at the moment mmm-yyyy, so it is in date formula so it
updates automatically, however when a second axis e.g. Q1 is underneath it
either won’t allow me to update automatically or there will be a large amount
of blank space representing where I have chosen the source data to go to. So
is it possible to have two x –axis one date and one text or to have one x –
axis displaying date and text on charts that will automatically update? It
seems I can only have one or the other: date only and automatic update or no
automatic and display as I want

Thank you in advance

Simplified version provided below of layout. (Charts won't upload)

All Persons (Per Quarter)	Q1	Q2	Q3	Q4	Q1	Q2	Q3
	Dec-2005	Mar-2006	Jun-2006	Sep-2006	Dec-2007	Mar-2007	Jun-2007
State	4.2	4.3	4.8	4.1	4.2	4.5	4.7
Dublin	4.3	4.8	4.6	4.2	4.3	4.3	4.8
South East	5.9	5	5.8	4.8	4.6	5.1	4.8
Mid East	3.1	3.3	3.8	2.9	3.2	4.1	3.9

0
PD (29)

Convert Text to DATE #3
Hello all, I hope you can help with a problem we have in the office. We've got over 4,500 observations which are supposed to be in Date Format. Instead they are in text format, e.g. "01.06.2005 08:26" or just "09.03.2005" but we need to perform various duration calculations on them, so we need them in the Date Format I tried Format Cells-> Category = Date, but it doesn't work. It works however when I enter the cell and then click "Enter". very strange Please help if you have an idea how to do it... Thank you very much Try =DATEVALUE(SUBSTITU...

Display 4 weeks of data
Hello all, I am trying to create a query in which data is displayed for the current month beginning with the first day of the week, first week of the month and ending with the last day of the week, last week of the month. In example: Today is Friday June 1, 2007 but the first day of the week would be Sunday, May 27, 2007. I would like the query to show data between 5/27/2007 through 6/30/2007 -OR- 4/29/2007 through 6/2/2007 for the previous month... Does anyone have any ideas? First day of the current month is DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1) Last day of the current month...

Lines
The lines at the bottom and left of my form are keeping me from having enough room. Are those set in stone or can you eliminate those? I have already tried everything I can find, margins etc. Thanks for the help!!! "Golfinray" <Golfinray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7F39678-D13D-42C4-9739-6EE2D6C73B02@microsoft.com... > The lines at the bottom and left of my form are keeping me from having > enough > room. Are those set in stone or can you eliminate those? I have already > tried > everything I can find, margins etc. Thanks for the help...

julian date #3
Is there a formula or line of code that, in a date cell, would automatically convert a date entered in the 07/16/04 format into the 04188 julian format? thank you. You can't have a formula in a cell and make an entry in it - the formula is overwritten. You can use an event macro: Put this in the worksheet code module (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Dim nYear As Long Dim nDays As Long With Target If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(.Cells, Ra...

Sent Mail Dates Replaced with word NONE
I am using Outlook 97 on a W2k machine. I have suddenly developed a problem in the Sent Items folder. Several weeks back the sent date changed from the usual date to the word NONE. The other folders seem to be OK. What and where can I check settings to look for the root cause of this? TIA, Carl -- Wishing you a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!! May it far exceed your expectations. ...

Remove time from date upon export to csv
I cannot remove the time from the date when exporting invoice data to a csv file. I have followed previous advice and created a query based on my tblInvoices table, in which I have formatted the InvDate field in the Design Grid as follows: Date: Format([tblInvoices.InvDate], "dd/mm/yyyy") (UK format) In the Query, this is fine - just the date, no time shown. I saved an export spec in the Advanced bit of the File/Export wizard. But in the resulting csv, there are six zeroes representing the time! However if I do a manual export by following exactly the same process bu...

Automatically send a copy of an email when its sent.
Hi, We have a shared malibox for our sales enquiries. We have several staff connected to this mailbox. Everytime an email is sent from this mailbox we want to be able to Automatically send a copy to another mailbox. I thought it would be possible to use rules, but its not. Is there anything that can be set on the Exchange System Manager?? Please help, this is really bugging me. Thanks in advance. Simon Lee Take a look at SelectiveJournaling application: http://www.ivasoft.biz/sj.shtml -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer "Simon" <simonrlee22@hotmail.com> ...

Office 2004 ST and Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
With Apple's announce to release Tiger on the 29th, does anyone know of 'ol Bill's plans to release an update? I'd love to know before going out and getting Tiger. Thanks! -chuck Look here: http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/01/11/microsoft/index.php and here: http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/04/12/mstiger/index.php Michel On 14.04.05 2:44, in article 1113443058.634159.101470@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, "chuck" <carlos.s.castillo@us.army.mil> wrote: > With Apple's announce to release Tiger on the 29th, does anyone know of > 'ol Bill's...

Automatically save attatchment with a different extension
I'm using Outlook 2003 When an email comes in with a specific subject "Weekly: SalesAssoPerformance, Ottawa" it has 3 files attached. I would like to automatically save one of them "SAPerformance_1.1.html" to a specific folder and change the extension to .xls once the email arrives. Can this be done? -- Kristy Nolan Sure, you can do that. Look at www.outlookcode.com for examples in handlers for ItemAdd() for the Inbox or NewMailEx(). You can add your code to save the attachments in one of those event handlers. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] h...

Charting Email Viruses
Hi I have very little experience with Excel graphs and I would appreciate some help. I have a table with dates and times when a virus was intercepted by our virus checker program. It goes from 2001 to present and has about 30'000 entries :-( A fragment is listed below. I would like to plot the number of arrivals of each virus vs time, and also a combined graph with each and all viruses vs time. The time granularity could be weeks or months, but also hours. ===================================== Date Time Virus 24.01.2002 15:59 Hybris 24.01.2002 17:00 Hybris 24.01.2002 23:06 Badtrans....

actual time and date
Hello, Does anyone know the command for adding the actual time and date to a string? thx in advance -- kizzie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kizzie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26092 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394484 How about ="String"&Text(Now(),"d/m/yyyy hh:mm") Rgds, ScottO "kizzie" <kizzie.1tje2f_1123657509.5167@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kizzie.1tje2f_1123657509.5167@excelforum-nospam.com... ...

Is it posible to have a date/text field in an access db
Can I have a date field that is also a text field? In some instances a date is not required and it is important that it is specified as NA in that field. =?Utf-8?B?QWxiZXJ0?= <Albert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:FC4D71FD-5D6E-43D0-A5A4-DD7AD207D038@microsoft.com: > Can I have a date field that is also a text field? In some > instances a date is not required and it is important that it is > specified as NA in that field. > No. You can add a checkbox beside the date to store true or false associated with N/A, and use that to hide the textbox on a form or r...

Automatic number increments
Hey guys, right now, I am using MS Word 2007 to issue receipts. However, I have a little issue with this. Whenever I need to issue a new receipt, I have to manually increase the receipt number by 1. For example, the first receipt I issue might have the receipt number "201001". When I need to issue the next receipt, I need to open the file and manually increase the receipt number to "210102". Sometimes I forget to do this and this leads to a number of problems. My question is, is it possible to make the receipt number update itself automatically every time...

Chart.Name lives forever?
At the beginning of the code I blow away any chart objects I find with Dim co As ChartObject For Each co In mySheet.ChartObjects co.Delete Next And for good measure (this is probably all you have to do) mySheet.ChartObjects.Delete Afterwards, Chart.ChartObjects.Count is == 0 Later, I review the charts on the sheet with For Each co In ws.ChartObjects sTitle = co.Chart.Name MsgBox ("has the name " & sTitle) Next Only one chart is found, but it's name is incrementing. This leads me to believe that I really didn't b...

line color
I have an XY chart using dates for the X. The Y axis is made up from a column of equations. When I create the chart, the lines that connect the data points don't show up. I have been into the plot format and tried making the lines come up in different colors, but nothing seems to work. However, when I make a column that is equal to just the value of the other cells and use this new column to graph the chart, the lines show up, but the dates change to numbers between 0 and 12 on the chart. How do I make the lines show up without changing the any of the data? Can you give an exa...

Automatic cc: to myself?
Is there a way to automatically cc: to myself to my "In Box", rather than to the "Sent" folder, or to the folder the message is located in when I reply to it? Thanks Optiker You can set up a rule, but may I ask why you'd want to do that? CR Optiker wrote: > Is there a way to automatically cc: to myself to my "In Box", rather > than to the "Sent" folder, or to the folder the message is located in > when I reply to it? > > Thanks > Optiker ...

create date from separate cells
I have: A1=9 B1=1 C1=08 D1=10 E1=13 F1=12 I want G1 to read: 9/1/08 10:13:12 using a formula Any help appreciated Thanks The problem is your year in C1, Excel would probably think it is 1908. Can there be no earlier years than 2000 you can use =DATE(2000+C1,A1,B1)+TIME(D1,E1,F1) then format the cell as m/d/yy h:mm:ss -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Flash in the Pan" <hotwire999@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:47445417-490a-46c1-8078-96fe4b14c75c@n38g2000prl.googlegroups.com... >I have: > > A1=9 > B1=1 > C1=08 > D1=10 > E1=13 > F1=12 > &g...

Excel 2007 and inverted charts
(sory for my language, I'm from Poland) Why Excel 2007 is doing inverted charts? For instant, please write in a1, b1, c1, d1 some text (a, b, c, d) and in next column (1, 2, 3, 4) and do chart. Excel do from 'd' to 'a', not from 'a' do 'd'. Why? Right click on the x-axis Open Format Axis and on the Axis Option tab experiment with "Categories in Reverse Order" best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "skuwka" <skuwka@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1181564334.992841.35080@p77g2000hsh...

Combine two different chart styles on one chart
I would like to combine a stacked bar chart with a normal bar chart on one chart. For example, I have the following data: Domestic sales $1,000 International sales $2,000 Intercompany sales $3,000 On one chart, all next to each other I want: 1. each of these data as a normal bar chart (3 bars in total) 2. all three combined on a stacked (multi-color) bar Any ideas on how to do this? Any help would be appreciated thank you in advance -- FXS Try one of the tutorials listed on this page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

line series order Excel 2007
I have charts with over 5 series. I mostly reorder them by selecting the series and update the ordernumber in the formula of the series displayed in the formula bar, but ... the selected series is very often NOT showed in the formula bar , why is that? If you have actually selected a series, its formula will appear in the formula bar. If you've clicked on something else, like a data label, there will be no series formula. In the Name box (Excel 2003 & earlier) or in the top left of the two rightmost chart tools tabs, the name of the selected chart element will be displayed, so y...

Regression
In Excel 2003, I used the Data Analysis Toolkit to perform a linear regression. Does anyone know how I see the variance of each datapoint away from the line of best fit? Tools - data analysis - regression (i dont know if there is an option in this process that will display the data i am looking for) Thanks. WA - The Regression tool has a checkbox for Residuals, in which case it provides Residuals (difference between actual Y and predicted/fitted Y) for each data point. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "WA" <WA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Invalid Dates in Headers cause problems with Outlook 2003
Dear All: Is anyone having problems with invalid dates in headers with Outlook 2003? I recently started receiving e-mail (most of it is spam) with an invalid date in the header. When that happens, *all* Outlook tasks cease working and they are listed as Not responding in the Task Manager. To resolve this issue I log on to my mail server, which is using Horde. I then delete and purge all e-mail which has an invalid date. I then restart Outlook and it works until it receives another e-mail with an invalid date. Thank you. :-) Sincerely, Jeff V. Pulver ...

command line conversion from 97 to 2002
I have a couple of hundred laptops in the field that each have an Access 97 mdb that needs to be converted to Access 2003. Is it possible to do this with the command line /convert ? When we deployed these things five years ago we installed DATAACC for the drivers necessary. Access is not installed on these machines. Do I need to install the newest version of MDAC and then call the access exe with the /convert switch? Where can I find documentation on this switch? Thanks Doug Installing the latest version of MDAC isn't going to help, for a couple of reasons. MDAC hasn't included Jet...

display a notification when new mail arrives
Hi Not sure if this is an Outlook or a Windows question! But here goes. Until a short while ago, I would get an 'unopened envelope' icon in the systray when new mail arrived, but now its gone.... Don't think I've done anything to change this - but it was really useful, so can anyone tell me how to put it back, thanks Dear, Tools, options, preference, Email options, advanced email options, (when new item arrive in my inbox), mark on show an envelope icon in the notification area. -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you...

draw a horizontal line at the end of report
My report draws vertical lines in details section. How can I draw a horizontal line after last record on each page to make the table complete? Thanks. -- Lydia Liu Access/VB Programmer Have you tried adding a horizontal line in the Page Footer? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Lydia" wrote: > My report draws vertical lines in details section. How can I draw a > horizontal line after last record on each page to make the table complete? > Thanks. > > -- > Lydia Liu > Access/VB Programmer > ...