Line Chart Query

Hi,

I am trying to put together a line chart of some information. The problem is
that it looks quite crowded on the chart. Is there a way of having a line
chart where you can select a few of the data sources to see just those lines,
without having to have a different chart for each data source?

My ideal situation would be where I have 18 data sources, and I can click
between those 18 and see line charts for those 18 individually, or any
combination of them without having to have several line charts.

Thanks.

Have you tried a filter (such an an auto-filter) on the source data sheet?
If you choose an appropriate criterion for your filter, the chart will show
only the data which the filter shows.
--
David Biddulph

"Furn16" <Furn16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to put together a line chart of some information. The problem
> is
> that it looks quite crowded on the chart. Is there a way of having a line
> chart where you can select a few of the data sources to see just those
> lines,
> without having to have a different chart for each data source?
>
> My ideal situation would be where I have 18 data sources, and I can click
> between those 18 and see line charts for those 18 individually, or any
> combination of them without having to have several line charts.
>
> Thanks.

0
David

Transpose Rows to Columns in Access Query
Hello, I am trying to transpose multiple columns into a specified column as shown below. What it looks like: 1(Q1_A_1) 1(Q1_1-2) 1(Q1_A_3) 1(Q1_B_1) 1(Q1_B_2) 1(Q1_B_3) Low High - 1 Yr. Now 2 Yrs. What it needs to look like: Risk Readiness Low 1 Yr. High Now - 2 Yrs. I am hoping there is a simple expression that I can type in the 'field' row of the query where I can just call out the fields I want to inlcude in that one column on seperate rows. Also I am dealing with over 100 fields. Thank...

Can't update Chart
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with 50 tabs. Each tab has a 6 month audit score that looks like this: MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% There is a bar graph linked to these cells on each tab. What I am trying to do is group the tabs together, then delete the MAR score, shift all cells to the left, then add a SEP score. The problem is... when I try to do that, the graph changes to only show APR MAY JUN JUL & AUG. I can't get it to automatically add SEP. I could do it individually but that would be very time consuming to do it for 50 ...

Creating chart from vb.net
Hello, i want to add a chart to a Excel-Sheet with vb.net. (VS 2005). This is possible, but on setting the HasTitle property i get an exception: "Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC". If anybody could help me I would be very thankfull. I have installed Microsoft Excel 2003 (11.8105.8107) SP2. I added a reference to the "Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library", Version 1.5 from the COM tab. This creates following references to my project: -Excel, Name: Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, Version: 1.5.0.0 (Description: Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library) - Microsoft.Office.C...

Cluster AND Stacked Bar chart
Hi All: I'm curious whether I can create a combination cluster AND stacked bar chart. I have a group of students I'm tracking out over a number of semesters. As semesters progress, I'd like to indicate the number that engage in a certain beahvior (stacked bars). I'm tracking four different cohorts. Ideally I'd like to lay the cohorts side-by-side. Furthmore, I'd like to display differences within each cohort by gender, ethnicity, age, and disability (cluster bars). By way of example, un my mind's eye I'd have a chart for gender that would group fou...

Chart Rendering incorrectly in newer release of MSO 2007 12.0.6514
The following paragraph details my problem, however I have determined that it is the result of an update and or hot fix to MSO 2007. The chart is created correctly in MSO 12.0.4518.1014 with Hot Fix 12.0.6341.5001, but the chart is incorrect when running MSO 2007 12.0.6514.5000 with Hot Fix 12.0.6425.1000. The earlier one is the original release of MSO 2007. Below shows the problem Problem : I am trying to do a chart that will consist of a line chart, along with 3 Area Charts (which essentially is just 3 areas of colors). Originally I start off with 4 line charts, but then I sw...

Historical charts link
My links from my portfolio in 2002 Microsoft Money no longer take me to where they say they should go. Example: historical charts, quote detail, fnd report. Thye all take me to an advertisemnt to upgrade Microsoft Money. How can I change my links so they work again. MikeP wrote: > My links from my portfolio in 2002 Microsoft Money no longer take me to where > they say they should go. Example: historical charts, quote detail, fnd > report. Thye all take me to an advertisemnt to upgrade Microsoft Money. How > can I change my links so they work again. I also use M2002 and ...

Update query with greek characters 04-28-07
I want to do an update query on a table I imported to change all records to propercase. So far no problems. In my table I have also a lot of greek names (in the greek alphabet) and when I run the query all greek letters are replaced by questionmarks. As this is a long table I want to avoid doing it all by hand. Can someone help me? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Try creating a form bound to this table. In Form Design view, select the field that should contain the Greek characters, and set the Font to a Greek font. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, West...

queries / forms/ report
I have a query for every month of the year and a report that has all 12 months on that report. What I would like to be able to do is to have one query and show each month on the report, but i would also like to able to input the time span that the query should calculate. I hope this make sense. Please let me know if this needs for explination. Thanks for your time. On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:16:00 -0800, Erik <Erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a query for every month of the year and a report that has all 12 >months on that report. What I would like to be able to d...

Chart Animated Sine Wave
J-walk's excel 2000 vba book comes with an animation file that uses interations to produce a fluccuating sine wave. Why is it that if I copy the exact same sheet to a new workbook and copy the associated macro to that new workbook, the animation does not work properly. If you have not seen this (or the book) and need more details, let me know. I am trying to understand this better and it thoroughly confused me. I can have both workbooks open (j-walks and the new book) with access to his macro and the one I duplicated from his. Using the new workbook I cannot get either macro to anima...

Chart data file lost
I have a chart created by an intern last year, the data to create the chart was in a file stored in their temp files and is now lost. When I open that chart file the chart still has data in it so I know the file has the data stored somewhere in it. Has anyone ever had this issue, and were you able to get the data back out of the chart? Hi, If the chart series now contains actual values rather than links to ranges/cells you could try the following in order to recoup the data. Select a series, it's formula should be displayed in the formula bar. Something like this, =SERIES("se...

Pivot Table/Chart
Hi is it possible to have 2 separate sets of series in one table/chart. i have 4 rows - Weeks 1-4 I have 8 columns - Qty 1-4 and Cost 1-4 I would like to display all the data in one table/chart? Thanks S If you create a pivot chart, it should show all the data that's in the pivot table. What problem are you having with the chart? Steve J wrote: > Hi is it possible to have 2 separate sets of series in one table/chart. > > i have 4 rows - Weeks 1-4 > I have 8 columns - Qty 1-4 and Cost 1-4 > > I would like to display all the data in one table/chart? > > Tha...

Problem with query using linked tables
I have the following problem: I have a select query which uses two tables linked to SQL Server via ODBC. When I run it for the first time, I get the SQL Server login prompt (which is normal, since I didn't persist the login information when I linked the tables). The problem comes when I browse the results. Access randomly shows the login prompt again. One of the fields within the query is calculated via a vba function, and if I cancel the login, I get a vba error. If I debug the error, the code window shows the vba function I was talking about, and the execution is stopped in a lin...

charting add in
Hi Please could you suggest me a good excel add in for making good looking chart ? I'm a CPA and use excel for making balance sheet, forecast cost control system and so on. Excel is good but i need something new and good looking for my client. thanks IMOTEP. You will need to do a lot of formatting OR but Excel 2007 which has many 'pretty' charts best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <imotepaschi@libero.it> wrote in message news:1171043196.019165.186840@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > Please could you su...

Interactive Chart Data?
Is it possible to select a group of data on a graph/cross-plot and then "zoom" to or "highlight" that data in the spreadsheet? I hope it's possible and I am just not smart enough to figure it out. Thanks for your time. Justin Hi Justin- I believe what you are asking would be somewhat complicated to do and require writing code. You might try one of these options instead: 1- If your chart is on a separate Chart Sheet, rt-click the white space (Chart Area) and choose Chart Options. On the Data Table tab put a check in the box for Show Data Table to have a copy o...

MS Word into Visio Flow Chart
New to Visio ... trying to figure out if there is a way to use MS Word as a Form to pull a field setting bookmark (map) to a specific box/diagram entry in Visio. Any help or direction ... appreciated two scenarios. first you can use visio hyperlink to go to the document/bookmark. the second is write some vba code to do it under the covers. al "George Elkins" <George Elkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE56E9D1-C117-4DC4-AA1C-DEFDEB32FC14@microsoft.com... > New to Visio ... trying to figure out if there is a way to use MS Word as > a > Form ...

Parameter query in which you can search for any word
Hi guys, I have created a basic parameter query, but when I type in a search term only the exact match results are returned. Is it possible to change a setting somewhere so that when i search through the parameter query, the search will look for anything containing the terms i have entered. For example if i look for "Knowledge" only results with that specific word are returned but there are also results with "Knowledge Management" which are not returned. I would like to be able to type "Kno*" for example and everything beginning with that and whatever els...

Uniquely Identify Data for Charting with a List Box #2
Gang, The Internet is a great thing. I found a charting example that does nearly every thing I want to do. Amazingly enough, I was able to figure out how the thing works! The chart is fairly simple. It is a X*Y line chart with 2 series. I found the chart here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - The chart is called "ChartAgainstStandard.zip." One of the 2 series plotted is a "standard" and the other changes based on the selection made in the drop down list. Amazingly enough, I was able to follow the thing completely and I woul...

Chart display & printing
I have been creating some very detailed charts. When they are opened on defferent computers, they display and print totally different. This is by size of font, text boxes, and total charts size. Even when you open it in a window (not full screen) it is all squeezed together and distorted. How do I "lock" this so it displays the same for everyone. Thanks! I hope Rich ...

Subject Line Missing #2
I know this has been addressed before I did search the gruop and all say I need to click view the change message header but when I open new message I have no view button ? Please help Thanks Check the View menu not button. See if there's a Message Header option on that menu "Bill" <skiracer105@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1128628592.542897.233600@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I know this has been addressed before I did search the gruop and all > say I need to click view the change message header but when I open new > message I have no view button ...

Embedded charts in Word
Hello, I have a number of Word docs that contain embedded excel charts. These charts have a two colour gradient fill. When printing these documents the chart fill colour prints in greyscale. Other colours within the chart are fine. Copy/Paste to a new doc has no effect Has anyone seen this before and if so is there a solution? TIA Ket ...

Importing pie chart from Excel
I've created two pie charts -- nothing complicated, very simple. Everytime I attempt to cut and paste the charts into Publisher, they completely lose formatting (eg, font size is changed, pie chart design is changed, size is changed...). Help! What is it that I'm not doing right in order to maintain the integrity of these charts in Publisher? Have you tried "paste special?" -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tania" <Tania@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D5F58D6-E...

Web Query #8
HI Sir, I am scrapping my brokerage account website, I am currently scrapping using groovy and JAVA... As you may know it is like lot of hard work for me...So i was planning to use web query, which is simple and fast. I did not find a means by which i first login to the website then i parse other pages depending on the logic that i give in my VBA code. TO do the above feature, i need to maintain the session(websession) My questions: 1. Can i maintain websession in excel ? 2. Is there some help or sample application that does this kind of work from which i can take inspiration. Th...

Query to join records according to "hierarchy"
My table is something like this: Fields: Name; Group John; 1-1 Carl; 1-1 Brian; 1-2 Charles; 2-1 Eddie; 2-2 Carmen; 3-1 Ellen; 3-2 ......and so on What I need is to combine the field Name in group 1-1 to 1-2, 2-2, 3-2. Then 2-1 with 2-2, 3-2. Then 3-1 with 3-2. Is this possible? If so, how can I do it? The results from the query would be something like this: Name A Name B Name C Name D John(1-1) Brian(1-2) Eddie(2-2) Ellen(3-2) Carl(...

Media player just plays black screen and coloured lines
Anything I try to play is just black outline/blobs overlaid with bright coloured lies. I have tried re-downloading the player and re-installing but same prob exists? I don't know why! Please help if you can :) What's the file type of the videos you're trying to play (AVI, WMV...)? Try updating the video card drivers to their latest version. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Sandy wrote: > Anything I try to play is just black outline/blobs overlaid with bright > coloured lies. I have tried re-downloading the player and re-installing but ...

Moving data labels around with VBA (and adding a line between two
Hello. I am looking for a way to manage data labels in an automated charting procedure I am writing. The chart is a waterfall chart (I believe) and I'd like to be able to loop through each dataseries/column to find the height of the total column and then set the label for the total column to sit x points above it. There is a second issue I need help with. As the chart displays components of return for stocks and bonds, I'd like to place a line in between the last stock and the first bond shown. Is there a way that I can place this line dynamically (charts will like have diff...