Line Chart Incorrect Data Display

My data in the worksheet cell is '100%' - on the chart is plotting '118%'.
Please help.  Thanks!
0
Gingerly (7)

Hi,

Not a lot of information to go, but try checking the line chart is not of
the stacked variety.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Gingerly" <Gingerly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My data in the worksheet cell is '100%' - on the chart is plotting '118%'.
> Please help.  Thanks!

0
andy9699 (3616)
10/5/2009 3:04:32 PM
Hi Andy
Thanks so much for your quick response but I had read through the threads
and had already checked to see if it was a stacked linear chart.  It was not.
 I resolved the issue but probably not in the best way.  When I clicked to
edit the Y axis, I saw that the maximum field was set to 1.2 so I just
uncheched that field and changed the value to 1.0 and it seemed to work.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Not a lot of information to go, but try checking the line chart is not of
> the stacked variety.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> "Gingerly" <Gingerly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My data in the worksheet cell is '100%' - on the chart is plotting '118%'.
> > Please help.  Thanks!

0
Gingerly (7)
10/5/2009 5:23:01 PM
Hi,

Not sure how setting the max to 100% has solved the problem. I think you
have just masked the problem by cutting the line so section above 100% is
not displayed. Of course the slope of the line will still be incorrect.

If you want to send example I will take a look.

andy AT andypope DOT info

Cheers
Andy
--

> Hi Andy
> Thanks so much for your quick response but I had read through the threads
> and had already checked to see if it was a stacked linear chart.  It was
> not.
> I resolved the issue but probably not in the best way.  When I clicked to
> edit the Y axis, I saw that the maximum field was set to 1.2 so I just
> uncheched that field and changed the value to 1.0 and it seemed to work.
>
> "Andy Pope" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Not a lot of information to go, but try checking the line chart is not of
>> the stacked variety.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andy
>>
>> --
>>
>> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
>> http://www.andypope.info
>> "Gingerly" <Gingerly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My data in the worksheet cell is '100%' - on the chart is plotting
>> > '118%'.
>> > Please help.  Thanks!

0
andy9699 (3616)

excel charts #14
i have a chart set up to chart data calculated from a formula, if no data is entered into the formula the chart plots that perticlar date as zero. How do set it up so nothing is plotted unless a value has been input? try this configure the formual so that blanks are enterd as #N/A "matsuda" <matsuda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E56FCB-FCE0-4618-8CB0-DC74B1A53D6B@microsoft.com... > i have a chart set up to chart data calculated from a formula, if no data is > entered into the formula the chart plots that perticlar date as zero. How do > set...

Using data from cells in a Query to a MS Access Database
I need to use a MS Excel 2003 spreadsheet to perform a simple set of calcs. One piece of information I need is stored in an Access Database. If I could have, I would have converted the spreadsheet to an MS Access database and programmed the query to use information from text boxes. However, not all employees in the company have MS Access on their computer. So I need to use an external query in Excel to look at the MS Access Database. I can do that pretty easily. The Query Wizard walks you right through it. However, I need to make it so that the criteria for the query is drawn ...

Spaces in Data
Hi, I am trying to do a mail merge and the excel data that I am using has a bunch of spaces in the field that shows the city. So when I list the City St and Zip the state is about 7 spaces after the city like this. 123 Main Street Anywhere usa 49000 Any ideas? Thanks RRH -- Rhall ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rhall's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390428 I guess the space removal feature made that question fall f...

Modify display name
Hi, How do I modify an Exchange 2003 mailbox so it shows up in Outlook 2003 as Mailbox - name. I am having a problem with an application that runs fine on mailboxes starting with "Mailbox -" but without this syntax I am having problems. The application developer recommends modifying the Display name but I cannot spot how to do this. Any ideas? Thanks, Allan You modify the display name is the properties of tha account in Active Directory Users and Computers, in the general tab. "Allan Nielsen" wrote: > Hi, > > How do I modify an Exchange 2003 mailbox so it s...

Outlook Incoming Messages no longer display
Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix this ? "erni" wrote: > Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix > this ? I am having the same problem. It seems to happen with HTML email messages. The messages are there you just can't read the font. It is barely legible and faded yellow. ...

Creating a Pivot Chart
I am sure there is a pretty simple trick to this that I just cannot figure out. I would like to put these currencies into a pivot table and be able to filter by Country. My ideal situation would be able to set up a Pivot graph that I could pick and choose which currency I wanted to show using the report filter. Everytime I try I cannot get this result. My sheet is set up as the following. Colums have the Country Currency Ticker USD, JPY, GBP, etc with the values beneath them. The rows are labeled by date starting at 1/1/2006 to 10/22/08 starting in cell. The column labels start ...

Map projection as an Excel chart
Can I download Excel chart based on a map projection? ...

Help with hierarchy in organization charts
I am trying to create a basic org chart for my organization. I am having difficulty representing people at different levels that report to the same person. For example, a manager and a director might report to a partner. I want the manager to appear lower on the chart than the director, but want a direct line to the partner above both people. I realize I can manually lower the manager, but when I use the re-layout function the manager is elevated back to the level of the director. Any ideas? This was easy to accomplish in OrgPlus and I assume there must be a way in Visio as well. Thanks!...

Inserting Excel Data into Word Columns
Hi, I am fairly new to VBA and Excel/Word and have been trying to automat a sheet we have, I have created the Excel Sheet and unfortunately th Word doc was created sometime ago and cannot be changed. I have searched this forum and found this code: Code ------------------- Sub CreateNewWordDoc() ' to test this code, paste it into an Excel module ' add a reference to the Word-library ' create a new folder named C:\Foldername or edit the filnames in the code Dim wrdApp As Word.Application Dim wrdDoc As Word.Document Dim i As Integer Set wrdApp = CreateObject(&qu...

Log-log charts #2
Hi, I'm using Excel 2002 and am trying to create a simple log-log plot. Making the y-axis logarithmic is easy - it's a check-box option under Scale tab of the Format Axis dialog. But for the X axis the dialog does not have that option. My XY data is valid (all positive values). There's web sites that say you can do this (e.g. http://cstl-cst.semo.edu/venezian/Utilities/graphs.htm). Why doesn't my Excel support it??? Any help is appreciated. Walt Hi Walt, Sounds like your chart maybe a line chart (x-axis is category) instead of true xy scatter. Right click the chart...

column chart changes my data
Hi I have attempted to make a column chart with error bars using 6.3 0.008199 6.8 0.0151625 7.5 0.006469 as my data, BUT when i highlight and insert chart my figures (6.3,6.8,7.5) change to 1,2, and 3. and my other figures change to 1-8 I am trying to show rate of reaction vs pH level can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong as I dont normally have any trouble with these charts.I am using office 2003 -- thanks to all You should be using an XY chart for numerical value, particularly for scientific analyses. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Pelt...

How to send form data to tables programatically
Is there a way to programatically have a form update to the underlying tables? What I mean is... As a user types into a form, Access doesn't seem to actually send that data to the table (and thereby create autonumbers) until user moves on to another record. Is there a way to force that data to the tables (ie make the new records) while the user is still on the form? On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:33:02 -0800, markmarko <markmarko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to programatically have a form update to the underlying tables? > >What I mean is... As a user ...

Error when installing sample data in Project Accounting
When I run the macro to load sample data onto my TWO company in project accounting, after a few minutes, when the employee data is getting loaded, I get an error that window is no longer available and the macro stops running. Anyone has any idea how to load the remainder of the sample data and why this error is happening. I tried to load the data again (a fresh database load) but I got the same error again. Hi, add OLEPath=d:\eentrprs\ in your dex.ini file and run the macro again. Regards Ani "AA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6efa01c...

Sorting data in group
Working on a excel sheet maintaining huge data and need to sort it date wise, amount wise (range 1 to 10000, 10001 to 20000). The problem is that we have data set of different clients, this data set of each client spread over 9 columb and 7 rows and i need to sort it in a group. How do i do this? Data set should'nt be destroy? for example Columbs are: Name of Client nature of business funded non funded trade business date of approval limit expiry date fresh/renewal remarks. rows are: DM MMF IERF BD/RISK LINE PAD OTHERS SUBTOTAL See your post in ...

Automatic transfer of data from one worksheet to another
I have two spread sheets, let's call them A and B. A could be considered the master work sheet. It has 15 columns A -O. The B worksheet has 13 columns, all of them which come from A. I have deleted Columns L and N in A when the data is transferred to worksheet B. I would like to know what the process is to set these up so that when I add or delete new information to or from A, it automatically transfers the same information to B, exclusive of columns L and N. Thanks very much Lewis Shaks How about a simple cell linking function? Look at column A in Worksheet B as an example. Lin...

Display page number in a cell
Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of header/footer? This would require some codding to find the pagebreaks and enter a sequential number in a cell above each page break. Have a look at this thread. http://snipurl.com/9ffk Note David MCRitchie's links to Myrna Larson code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:13:04 -0700, sbuddy <sbuddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of >header/footer? ...

FindRecord2K works perfectly, how to display results in my form??
I downloaded the findrecord2k search form. I would like to add a command button that takes those results that are generated from the query and displays them in my form. There are several command buttons available, would it be easier to modify an event to include displaying the search results in my form instead of the unbound control? ...

How do I put a chart into a new sheet?
The version of excel I usually use has a prompt to put the chart into a new sheet, where you don't see the spreadsheet anymore. Does anyone know how to do that?W If you right click the chart (near the outer edge0 there is an option location. "Erica" wrote: > The version of excel I usually use has a prompt to put the chart into a new > sheet, where you don't see the spreadsheet anymore. Does anyone know how to > do that?W ...

Using ADODB, how do I create a msgbox when duplicate data is enter
Hello, I am having a problem creating a msgbox, when data entered through a form into a table is duplicated. I would like for a msgbox to popup, and warn the user for dupliucate data, before the actual data is entered into the table. I have an index for no duplicate set on a field in a table. How would I go about this? I have seen code for Jet, and have tried to translate it over to ADODB, but with many problems. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks I don't know the code which is causing the problems with Jet but have you tried working with the 'match&#...

XML page cannot be displayed
Great Plains 9 My users are getting the error: XML page cannot be displayed. "Access denied. Error processing resource 'file///c:'program files/microsoft/dynamics/GP/background/homepage.xls" They have read, write and modify rights to this file. Any ideas? Stacey Hammons ...

Variables in Chart titles?
Is it possible to include a variable/cell link in the title of a chart? My client is wanting the current date in each report run to show up in the chart title, and doing it by hand each time is a pain. Put the formula that builds the desired title text into a cell, then select the text element (it works for chart title, axis titles, data labels, and shapes), click in the formula bar and type =, then click on the cell. The formula bar should now look something like: =Sheet1!$A$1 but with the appropriate sheet and cell address. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials an...

edit subject line of outgoing messages
i need to edit the subject line of outgoing messages. i would like to be able to append, as well as do a search and replace on them (if possible). anybody done this before? g On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:55:34 -0600, "George Frederickson" <george@somewhere.com> wrote: >i need to edit the subject line of outgoing messages. i would like to be >able to append, as well as do a search and replace on them (if possible). >anybody done this before? > >g > 3rd party software would be your best bet. IMSS, Tumbleweed etc... If you are using Exchange 2007 you cou...

Not to display "OK" button
Hi I want the dialog not to display the "OK" button at the top left corner. So what should i do for this....... lucky wrote: > Hi > > I want the dialog not to display the "OK" button at the top left > corner. > So what should i do for this....... > What do you want? Open the dialog resource (double click on dialog ID in resource view). You can use the mouse to move the button (if that is what you want) or you can click on the button and use the Delete key (if that is what you want). -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] I am assuming you are talking a...

X axis label problems...won't display
My x axis labels are very long, up to 70 characters. I wish I could shorten these, but they have already been published by previous authors. We have to use what was published. I can't get the entire text to show. I've tried changing the size of the font or the text direction. I've also tried resizing the plot area, but the amount of space allowed for the x-axis labels is fixed. I've made the plot area very small, and the text is still cut off at the exact same point when the plot area was larger. In normal view, I can see the entire text, but when it prints, it's ...

what POLE display to buy for a new POS system?
hi, in a recent post someone toldme that serial pole is better than usb. we are going to open a new store and i wish to know what equipement (pole, drawer, printer) are the best in order to have a more reliable system.... in the current store we have problems with pole logic usb display.... thanks in advance for the advicing! Aldo, I think they all suck after I saw and setup a so-called Net Display. Add a second monitor to your system to display the receipt while also sending advertising, movies, animations, slide shows, etc. on the same monitor. Costs about $75 more than a pole displ...