Line Chart #13

Hi,

The following is my data and I need to chart this. Is it possible to have a
range in one cell?

Thanks for your help in advance

Experience (Years)	Large	Medium		                       Small
1	$90,000-$100,000	$75,000-90,000		$65,000-78,000
2	$92,000-100,000	$80,000-95,000		$75,000-85,000
3	$105,000-130,000	$90,000-100,000		$85,000-95,000
4	$117,000-150,000	$100,000-115,000		$90,000-110,000
5	$140,000-170,000	$115,000-130,000		$100,000+
6	$140,000-190,000	$135,000+		                $100,000+
7	$170,000-250,000	$135,000+		                $110,000+

0
Jeevan (11)

Scaled Chart Axes
I have created a chart from data in Excel and I would like to be able to scale the axes (both x and y) to say 2cm per gradation - ending up with a square chart with each gridline 2cm apart. Is this possible to achieve in vb? All help appreciated - thanks Jon Peltier has instructions for squaring the gridlines: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#SqrGrid patrick wrote: > I have created a chart from data in Excel and I would like to be able to > scale the axes (both x and y) to say 2cm per gradation - ending up with a > square chart with each gridline 2cm apart...

VBA charts
Why does Excel 2007 not record ALL comands which I implement while using the macro recorder in making/changing charts? Hi, The macro recorder for the new items in xl2007, charts and shapes, is very incomplete :( Unless you have a previous version to record with you will need to work with the object browser and intellisense in order to manually create your code. Cheers Andy rolando wrote: > Why does Excel 2007 not record ALL comands which I implement while using the > macro recorder in making/changing charts? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Increase size of Legend Key in Pie Charts
Hi, Does anyone know how to increase the size of legend keys (the colour blocks) in charts (am presently working on pie charts...)??? I'd prefer not to increase the size of the font... Thanks in advance :-) Unfortunately, the size of the legend keys is tied to the font size. You can change the color, but there is not a way to change just the size of the legend key. "Mark" wrote: > > Hi, > > Does anyone know how to increase the size of legend keys (the colour blocks) > in charts (am presently working on pie charts...)??? > > I'd prefer not t...

drawing lines in publisher
In the old Publisher to draw a pefectly straight line you just held down control and drew, it snapped to either horizontial or vertical depending on what you where creating. How do you do that in 2002? It's the SHIFT key that you hold down, not CTRL. I think it was always that way, but I could be wrong. On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:43:08 -0700, wrhl.info <wrhl.info@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In the old Publisher to draw a pefectly straight line you just held down >control and drew, it snapped to either horizontial or vertical depending on >what you where creating. ...

Building MFC application from the command line
I want to build a simple MFC application but I want to build it using the command line. I am attaching the src code below. As u can see it is a very simple MFC application. Got the code from Jeff Prosise's book. I am able to compile the file and generate the hello.obj file. I do not know which libraries to link to. Can someone please guide me with the complete link command to achieve this. Thanks and Regards, Vikash. Hello.cpp #include <afxwin.h> class CMyApp : public CWinApp { public: virtual BOOL InitInstance (); }; class CMainWindow : public CFrameWnd { public: CMainWin...

Remove a partial line (source unknown) in Excel?
Have completed an Excel spreadsheet with formulas, sub-totals, etc. Below the final line of data is a thin line that crosses several columns but does not line up with the beginning or end of a column cell, and does not extend all the way across the spreadsheet. I have no idea where the line came from. How do I remove it? click on it and hit the delete key. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "tgallier" <tgallier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93A58B5C-C04C-4734-946A-953FDAC84592@microsoft.com... > Have completed an Excel spreadsheet with formulas, sub-totals,...

Plot a line? Set dymanic axis Max min
Hi all, two questions: 1. I have a scatter plot of returns and I want to add not a trend line but simply x=y line to my plot (and other equations) Any way to do this? 2. I need to control both my x and y axis, I want to max and min and scale numbers to be linked to a cell in my spreadsheet instead of simply being static values or auto. THANKS! Stan Stan, Regarding question 1, you can add equations to charts by plotting points in an Excel worksheet and then charting those points. For more detailed information, Stephen bullen has some excellent examples of how to plot functions . . . ...

hOW WE CAN HAVE FLICKKER FREE MS CHART
HI ALL HOW ,WE CAN HAVE A FLICKER FREEE MSCHART. I MADE ONE MSCHART,BUT ON CLICKING ITS REFRESH BUTTONS ,FLICKKERING OCCURS,SO HOW I CAN PREVENT THAT. ARBIND ...

100% stacked column chart with negative numbers
How do you create a 100% stacked column chart with negative numbers? After I create the chart it only goes up to 80% How do you want it to show? The total length (including negative amount) of the column should equal 100%. (make sure you haven't limited the scale of your y-axis) What the graph is showing you is that the positive numbers do not account for 100% of your data. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Stuck" wrote: > How do you create a 100% stacked column chart with negative numbers? After I > create th...

converting line-delimited text into cells
I have a text file with approximately 1000 lines of data, each line is 100 chars or less. The first 15 lines are column headers (some columns are unused), then every 12 subsequent lines is one record. What is the easiest way to get each record to appear in Excel (2007) on a single line, one field per column? Thank you If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want ...

Chart with Named Range error
Using Excel 2007, creating a chart using named ranges as inputs when I try ti enter the named range as a source I get a formula error "the formula you typed containes an error..." So I setup a simple scenario to dumlicate the problem. named a range of cells "Test" and entered arbitrary numbers in the cells of the range. Insert chart, Right click on the chart and select "select data" then "add" In the box type "=Test" or used the "Use in formula/paste name" tool. Select ok and get the formula error. I dont think I had any problems w...

dynamic chart partial row
I am trying to create a dynamic chart (latest 25 months) using data added monthly to columns. I have, however, uncharted data to the right of said data (blank column separating). I've tried many OFFSET formulas with no success. Sample data: Col A Col B Col C Col D Etc Entity Jan04 Feb04 Mar04 (Presently To Dec08) A 25 17 9 B 58 22 13 C 109 39 24 TIA, casey Try using a data range formula of =OFFSET(A1,0,MATCH(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())-25,1),1:1,0),4,MA...

Cutting off the bottom of a chart?
I'm charting my weight loss, and I'd like to see more detail. My x-axis is weeks, my y-axis is my weight. I'm never going to get below 150 -- How do I get the chart to just show the y-axis between, say, 150 and 350? Thanks in advance, -- Lew Bryson Lew@LewBryson.com www.LewBryson.com In article <ZX3wg.128236$H71.12170@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, kingofwazoos@hotmail.net says... > I'm charting my weight loss, and I'd like to see more detail. My x-axis is > weeks, my y-axis is my weight. I'm never going to get below 150 -- How do I > get the c...

smoothing lines
In the scatter plot option, lines can be smoothed. what is the formula used for the smoothing, what is the smoothing technique called, and is there any documentation of the calculations used in Excel for smoothing the lines? thanks. AFAIK, the method is unpublished. I've seen various assertions that the method uses cubic splines, though with some tweaks. There are dozens of threads on this in the archive: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* Use "smooth chart" (no quotes) as a search term. Look for posts by David Braden, Jerry W. Lewis and Jon Pel...

help on macro for making chart
Hi, i want to make a plot using macro where I want my x-axis to be the value from the same column but random rows for example R18C3,R19C3,R21C3,R23C3,R25C3,R27C3 ( only rows are changing) and my Y-axis should also be something like this R18C5,R19C5,R21C5,R23C5,R25C5,R27C5 ( only rows are changing) For one plot It is working but i do not know how i can plot for other columns... the code looks like this Sub Macro2() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' Macro recorded 3/30/2007 by Roger ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+m ' Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatterLines ...

Excel log/log chart
Using the previous version of Microsoft Excel (Excel '95), I was easily able to produce a log/lock chart, using the scatter chart as a starting point, without any problem whatsoever. This included placing two and more series on the same chart. With the new version that is installed on my machine (which is Excel 97), I can no longer complete this rather simple task. Does anyone know how to produce a log/log chart of two and more sets of values (using X-Y values)? My Desire Is to Have One Set of X-Y values with another set (A-B) of values as well as a third set of values (M-N) p...

Chart Axes Linked to cell values
Hello Everyone. I have some sort of a problem with linking chart axe (min and max values) to cell values in a worksheet. I am using th macro that I found in Mr Peltier' site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html It worked just fine for a simple test I was doing.. BUT, I came up wit the idea of assigning to the cells (the cells that contain the scal params) some worksheet functions, to determine the values from a set o data. When I did this, the macro didn't work anymore. It didn't pop u any errors or such things, it just didn't adjust the chart anymo...

My chart won't show on new sheet
I am having a problem with an assignment for my class and am NOT getting help from anyone. I am using Office 2007, have Vista HP, and am working on the Excel 2007 course. The problem is that when I try to move the chart to a new sheet using the move chart button, the new sheet is created but the chart can not be seen. I am about ready to use my text book as kindling. Can anyone at all lead me to see what I am doing wrong? Hi Julie. On the desing tab under chart tools you click on move chart and select as object in new sheet? "Julie W." wrote: > I am having a problem with ...

Stacked Column Chart #4
Date Event type Total 01-01-2006 A 10 01-01-2006 B 15 01-01-2006 C 12 02-01-2006 A 5 02-01-2006 B 7 02-02-2006 C 8 03-02-2006 A 5 03-02-2006 B 15 I would to generate a automatic stacked column (without having to mak manual selections) with the example above.The final result should b the date in the x axis and the column composed by the event typ (A,B,C) with the respective total. Note: the information is displayed as shown above. How can i do this? Thanks, Regards Andr -- vilacov ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vilacova's Profile: http://www.ex...

How to copy a chart between workbooks?
Another guy in my office has a nice chart which I want to use in my own weekly report. He has it posted on a shared network drive. How do I copy his chart into my workbook? I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks in advance, David Portwood Open the workbook he posted then select the Chart or Chart Sheet and Chart>Chart Type>Custom Types>User Defined>Add this to the List of User Defined Charts. This will add the Chart Type to your xl8galry.xls workbook which you didn't even know you had<g> You then use that chart type as your base for your reports. Gord Dibben MS Exce...

I need help with charts in Excel 2007
I need help with inserting dates on the axes. I have dates as my column headings on my worksheet in row 2. I am trying to create a chart using the dates and just the data I have entered in a particular row, say row 12. It works fine if I chose line 3, but I need to create charts using other lines. Is this possible? Select the data in row 2, then hold CTRL while selecting the data in another row, and insert your chart. Alternatively, create your chart, and on the Chart Tools > Design tab, choose Change Data, and change the reference from row 3 to row whatever. Or select the series,...

How can I force a vertical scroll to a line scroll in CRichEditCtr
-- maggie zhang ...

Chart non consecutive data
Is it possible to chart non-consecutive data. I haven't been successful in my attempts so far. Data is in same row, ie. row 4; columns needed are H4 and J4 (need to be stacked), next series is K4 , L4 & M4. Unfortunately, I can not rearrange the cells to make this easier. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. I haven't done that much charting with Excel (2003). TIA XL doesn't stack data in the same series. It stacks one series on top of the previous. You can simulate the effect you want as follows. Select H4:J4 and create a stacked column chart. In step ...

Is it possible to chart series data from multiple rows in a table?
I am trying to chart a series of data from multiple rows - ref the following table: YEAR JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC 1992 164278 164864 164221 165084 165920 166544 167284 168184 170158 170859 171531 173598 1993 175683 174121 172829 176710 178999 178772 180987 180996 182227 183233 185266 186538 1994 185948 188562 191756 192275 191300 193606 194229 196568 197876 200281 200301 201139 Can this be done without reformating the table? If so how? Thanks in advance for your help! Rule of thumb: If you spend five minutes fixing up your data, you will save five hours of frustr...

Add chart
Hi, Can anybody find what is wrong with this code? It will just make a empty chartobject. I believe the ranges are ok, it probably is some bad syntax or object reference... The code should make a chart with two series of xlColumnClustered and one serie of xlLineMarkers. Thank you /tskogstrom --------------------------------------- CODE: Sub UppdateChartCF() Dim cht As Chart Set cht = Sheet1.ChartObjects("R_CF").Chart On Error Resume Next '(if no chartobject) Sheet1.ChartObjects("R_CF").Delete On Error GoTo EndCode 'Left and Top location = named ranges With Shee...