Limitation on point labels in x-y plot.

Some time ago, Ron Peltier, in particular, gave me a lot of assistance on
attaching labels to points. However, the method that best suits
me for XY ("scatter) charts came from a suggestion by "Andy Pope"
<andy@digitab.demon.co.uk>  who mentioned Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler which
is free and down-loadable from:

 http://www.appspro.com/utilities/utilities.asp

Today, trying to label a chart with rather a lot of points, I came across a
limitation of Rob's very useful labeller. It seems that the last point index
it can handle is 707 in my chart when I wanted 751. I wonder if anyone can
tell me how to increase this number? I suppose I could try to read thro' the
code but I never was very familiar with Visual Basic and I am out of
practice anyway.

TIA,

--
James V. Silverton
Potomac, Maryland, USA

"James Silverton" <jim.silverton@erols.com> wrote in message
> Some time ago, Ron Peltier, in particular, gave me a lot of assistance on
> attaching labels to points. However, the method that best suits
> me for XY ("scatter) charts came from a suggestion by "Andy Pope"
> <andy@digitab.demon.co.uk>  who mentioned Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler
which
> is free and down-loadable from:
>
>  http://www.appspro.com/utilities/utilities.asp
>
> Today, trying to label a chart with rather a lot of points, I came across
> limitation of Rob's very useful labeller. It seems that the last point
> it can handle is 707 in my chart when I wanted 751. I wonder if anyone can
> tell me how to increase this number? I suppose I could try to read thro'
the
> code but I never was very familiar with Visual Basic and I am out of
> practice anyway.

I did not mean to send this post until I had done some further checking but
I hit the wrong key. The limitation I mentioned does not seem to be real. It
seems that what is displayed in the Chart Labeler is the number of the point
not its x-value which Excel calls the "point index". Sorry if anyone has
already started to consider the problem. I'll just have to remember the
nomenclature (g).

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Jim.

font printing problem of imported visio file inside power point file
I am having a problem with VISIO 2002 with PowerPoint 2000. I made a drawing with some fonts with VISIO 2002. Then I copied the drawing and pasted into PowerPoint file. In screen, I can clearly see the font. When I print the file, drawings are there but there are no font from printed paper. Would you please help me out regarding this problem? ...

Mail Merge and Labels
OK. I've read the posts but don't seem to find an answer for my problem. I have created a Publisher file and set it up to run an Avery 5163 label. I get a single lable to work with and that's fine. I want use the mail merge feature to merge in data from my Access Database. While I'm creating the label, I don't use the mail merge feature (haven't even yet added the data source). I just want to see how it looks and feels. So I put a dummy name (Jane Doe) on the label. When I publish to Adobe .pdf (which is how I'm going to distribute the labels), I get a f...

Labeling 1st through 11th place
I have an excel file that has 11 place standings and I want a column to look at another column and label who has 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc... How would I go about doing that? I can get it to find the largest or smallest number in the set but no the other ones. I want it to update as the numbers change as they will each week. Help..... Thank you in advance, Paul =LARGE(A1:A100,1) =LARGE(A1:A100,2) etc. will get them all or a copy-able formula =LARGE(A1:A1,ROW(A1)) -- --- HTH Bob (change the xxxx to gmail if mailing direct) "psilzle" <psilzle@bbei.com> wrote in message...

Excel 2002
....I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the Chart Wizard, I can easily select the filtered data range but it doesn't seem possible to select the (filtered) headings as the X-axis (time period). Any ideas or workrounds? Thanks in advance, Amanda when you set up your autofilter range leave the row you want to use for your axis out of the range. "Birmangirl" wrote: > ...I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using > Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the...

"You are over the size limit allowed on the server"
We have an Exchange 2003 server with IMF implemented. Our users are primarily using Outlook Web Clients. A couple months back, several of our users started being unable to manage their Junk Email lists. Some were unable to even turn it on and off through Options, but all were getting this error, at various stages: "An error occurred processing your Junk Email lists. You are over the size limit allowed on the server. Contact your server administrator" None of these users has more than 10-12 blocked senders in their entire list. I have doubled the default amount of space each u...

Hiding labels on y axes
Some time ago, I asked about two y axes on a chart, the left of which showed whole numbers from 0 to 16 and the right of which showed whole numbers from 0 to 55. I wanted to hide the only number above 12 on the left axis (16) and hide all numbers below 40 on the right axis (0-35). Jon Peltier told me to use custom number formats for both axes, [>=16]" ";0 for the left and [<40]" ";0 for the right. That worked fine. The chart I was then asking about was one I had created for practice. I've now tried to create my "real" chart. The values from which the...

How can I place the legend next to the data point on a chart?
In Excel 2003 there was an place the legend next to a data point. I just upgraded to Office 2007 and can not find this option. Hi, Select the data labels and right click. Format Data Labels to bring up the Format dialog. Select Label Options in the list. The 3rd section has the checkbox 'Include legend key in label' Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "LW52" <LW52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECE67856-47D5-4C87-A13B-637353098E7D@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2003 there was an place the legend next to ...

I need a rectangular label set for a DVD case.
not the square ones... but one that's rectangular, approx 7.25 x 5.25 inches. Thanks!! debbieT debbie@truesoaps.com ...

Share Point & MS CRM
In notes section, how to attach a document link on the SPS server to the MS CRM? When creating a note It only uses Upload method.. ...

Points of Reorden
I need to know as to update information of the points of they reorden and replacement levels This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0601_01C743D3.70C7C810 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Arelysas, You can make mass changes to the Re-Order points and the Re-Stock levels = by running a Task 160. SO Manager | Wizards | Inventory Wizards | Task 160 --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=...

Printing Labels #5
Can you use a roll of labels with MS Office? Specifically, can you rip off 6 labels, which would be approximately half a piece of paper, and feed it through a printer, while using MS Publisher or MS Word? You probably can, it will take some effort to setup the page correctly. Merging would be questionable. In page setup, select custom, input the label width and length plus one label more for the margin. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "LACE" <LACE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52...

Importing List from Excel to Word printing labels spacing problems
When I import my mailing list from Excel to Word to print mailing labels (30 per page) my labels have large spaces between the lines. For example they look like this: John Doe P.O. Box 000 City, State, Zip And then if I have a business name before John Doe it gets cut off. Is there a way to decrease the space between the lines so it fits better? I have figured out how to do one at a time, but we have 4,000 of these to print! I would like it to look like: John Doe P.O. Box 000 City, State, Zip Thanks for any help! Sounds like a question for a Word newsgroup, not...

Setting x-axis crosses with VBA
I have a chart that at the moment has a vertical range from -70 to -92. I'm trying to set the horizontal axis to cross at the minimum value, in this case -92. Using With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue) .Crosses = xlMinimum It crosses at -70. If I use xlMaximum I get the same thing. Using .Crosses = xlCustom .CrossesAt = -92 it crosses at -92. however, I need it to be dynamic so the x-axis labels stay below the data field. Am I using xlMinimum in a place it cannot be used? Any help will be appreciated. In the format axis dialog, there is no way to specify tha...

Upper Control Limits
I have a line chart that shows 12 months of data and a trend line. I computed the Upper & Lower Control Limits using the Standard Deviation. Is there a way to put these lines on my charts so that when my boss looks at it she can tell if one or more of the points are out of control? Thanks In Advance Wm. William: This link will show you how to build a control chart in Excel. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_control_chart.htm ....Kelly koday@processtrends.com "williamr" <williamr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64B0E55A-F4F1-4FE9-9566-C9BCCF2...

Reading Layout problem, and labels problem.
I am running XP Home Edition. I have Office 2003, Student and Teacher Edition, which has developed two Word problems. - The Reading Layout mode shows only one page instead of two. - When I define labels, there is no border around the labels on the screen. I only recently began creating labels, so I don't know when this came about. I have disabled System Restore, so that isn't an option. I reinstalled Office, but that didn't fix either of the Word problems. I used the Save My Settings Wizard for the reinstallation, and I wonder that that mi...

Can Excel use addresses to create points on a Map?
I am trying to create a Graph from a bunch of addresses and have them show up on a map of California/U.S.A. I was wondering if anyone has done that and can help me. Hi, Excel does not have such a feature. -- Sorry, Shane Devenshire "Nate" wrote: > I am trying to create a Graph from a bunch of addresses and have them show up > on a map of California/U.S.A. I was wondering if anyone has done that and > can help me. On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, ShaneDevenshire <ShaneDevenshire@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >Excel does not h...

Auto Empty Deleted Items on Exit OR after X days or X Items accumulated?
In Outlook 2003 is there a way to Auto Empty the Deleted Items Folder, either on Exit OR after X days since deletion or when X number of Items accumulated? -- "J. J." Go to "Tools" : "Options" : "Other" First option is "Empty Deleted Items folder upon exiting" You can set it to delete after x number of days for certain e-mail account types. Go to: "Tools" : "E-Mail Accounts" : Select, "View or change e-mail accounts" Select account to chnage and click "Change..." : Click "More Settings" Se...

Allow active x controls to run in RMS POS
Hi there. When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS computer, I get the error message "Your current security settings prohibit running active x controls on this page", and it doesn't work. It works fine on my back office pc, and I can't find any difference between the IE settings on the two pcs. Where would I find the setting to allow active x controls to run? Cheers Problem solved, windows automatically blocked it because I sent it as an email attachment from my office pc Mheill wrote: > Hi there. > > When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS co...

How do I change X-Axis values in a chart with 2 Y-Axis?
I am attempting to chart two data series that share a X-Axis. The Y-Axis for these series are at different ranges so I have two Y-Axis. When I do this the X-Axis turns into a non-numerical entry, example, 1-2-3-4, when my data is a time and is organized as this (15-30-60-90...etc.) Is there a chart with two Y-Axis and one X-Axis with the plot showing the appropriate spacing that I require? I am using Excel 2002 if that changes anything when You go to <chart><Chart data><series> does it show two different x data sets? if your x axis lables were on the set you chang...

Eseutil /Y
Do the exchange services need to be stopped in order to use the eseuitl /Y? If on a dismounted store (an old recovery storage group that I am using) it tells me that is cannot access the file because it is in use by another process. Thanks Databases must be dismounted, or IS down, when running any eseutil...depends on version of Exchange...but I've never heard of the /y switch...what are you attempting to do? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCE40A84-C6EB-460B-9139-CA585C7E1FE7@microsoft.com... > Do the ex...

practical limits on Excel file size?
Hello. I have an Excel 97/98 workbook file that's running at 160 filesize, with 822 rows and 21 columns. I'm wondering when I'll b approaching any practical limits on filesize. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Depends on the machines you are running it on, but 160K is tiny compare to some of the ones I have seen. I know of one user who has on running on a Pentium 500 (256 Ram) that is over 25MB. You should be OK for the forseeable future. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi HarmCo Look at this site http://www.decisionmodels.com/o...

Y Axis Labels #2
I have a chart that is listed weeks against a score, ie: Week 1 2 Week 2 5 Week 3 1 and so on. The numbers however refer to a word, ie: Week 1 2 Bad Week 2 5 Very Good Week 3 1 Very Bad When i chart it i chart against the numbers to make sure it works but i need the Y-Axis labels to look against the words. Any ideas? -- chalky ------------------------------------------------------------------------ chalky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23758 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Help with creating labels
I am simply trying to create some mailing labels from Outlook XP contacts but am having great difficulty. If I try to start the mail merge from Outlook, Word seems to get confused. The page setup bit doesn't seem to work correctly and I end up with one contact/label on a page. If I try to start the merge from Word, I am not sure how to locate the datasource (for outlook contacts). What is the best way of accomplishing this task? ...

Forest Plots......can these be done in excel or powerpoint
Forest Plots......can these be done in excel or powerpoint Only if you have the trees! To be serious, please tell what is a forest plot then we might be able to help best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Claire8" <Claire8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F067271C-7101-400D-B319-D490695F8103@microsoft.com... > Forest Plots......can these be done in excel or powerpoint it has a horizontal axis and the vertival axis in in the middle of that. There is a value which is plotted as a rectangle and then a range...

Update picture changes wrap points, Pub 2002 & 03
I have struggled with this problem for six months. Whenever I update a graphic in Pub 2002 or 03beta2, any custom wrap points are erased. It is interesting to note the transparency setting used via the "Magic Wand" will be the same, and the default wrap settings are the same. E.g. White is still transparent, and Tight is still Tight, but the one wrap point I moved to generate white space between the girl's hair and the text defaults to Tight. This behavior was not evident in Pub 2000, which I have used for two years. Someone suggested reclicking Text Wrapping and reselecting Tig...