Limit lines in XY scatter chart

I have a chart that is XY (scatter) that I need to put limit lines on. I want
to put a colored line at 1% and -1%. Can this be done?
Thanks
0
Cygnusx1 (1)

Hi,

There are various ways of addressing this problem.
See the following for examples of adding lines to charts.

http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

concatenat new line
Folks, I am trying to concatenate several fields into a single text typ field. for example Notes: 4/25 This happened 4/26 That happened 4/27 And now this. When concatenated they appear like this: 4/26 This happened 4/26 That happened 4/27 And now this. I want it to look like this... 4/25 This happened 4/26 That happened 4/27 And now this. How? The vbnewline won't work and neither does chr(10 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =a1&char(10)&a2&char(10)&a3 Remember to use format|cells|alignment tab to turn wrap text on. "oafum <" wrote...

Chart two variables with differing values
I'd like to chart data similar to: Year 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Thefts 75 120 95 101 80 Veh. Mfg. 100,200 125000 130000 145000 125000 I want to produce a chart with the year on the abcissa and with the Thefts scale on left ordinate and Veh. Mfg on the right ordinate and have the scales set accordingly. I'm running Excel 2002. Seems i can't select the Format/Selected Series data Series/Secondary Axis to set the scales correctly. I'd like to get som...

limit to worksheets
Anyone know the limit to how many worksheets you can have in one excel document DJA, you don't mention what version of Excel you're using, but if you search the topic "Specifications" in Excel 2000 help, it'll tell you that in an Excel workbook you get three worksheets by default and the total is limited by available memory. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "DJA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A21D51E9-A9B5-430A-A87F-B60BE1F7A002@microsoft.com... > Anyone kno...

In Excel how do I label the axis of a chart with 2 sets of labels
I wish to put two labels on a chart say a time function together with a quantity function against the same axis (usually x). I run Excel 2003 If you plot two series You can select one of them and change the axis to secondary. In chart options you can then modify the Y axies as needed. "Alan" wrote: > I wish to put two labels on a chart say a time function together with a > quantity function against the same axis (usually x). > I run Excel 2003 If it's a category axis, put the two sets of labels into adjacent columns (or rows), select the chart and choose Source D...

How do I copy an Excel chart with added text boxes into Word or P.
I have created a chart in Excel and added a number of text boxes on top of the chart. I need to paste the entire chart & text boxes into Word and/or Powerpoint; however by selecting the chart and copying, the text boxes are excluded. MS help suggests entering the text boxes outside the chart then moving them into the chart and grouping the chart and text boxes; however there does not seem to be the ability to group the chart with the text boxes. If you had clicked on the chart before making the textboxes, all the items would have been grouped. But you can do it later: Hold down SHI...

charting a single changing DDE cell
I have a spreadsheet that captures real time stock data via a DDE link. The cell captures the last price of a stock as it changes over time. Can you chart that changing cell as the day progresses. Maybe capture the data and then chart it or a macro which plots that cell every minute? Bob You would need to capture the value of that changing cell periodically in a growing table, possibly in a different sheet. For example, every time you update it via the DDE, you could run a code that copies the value of the cell to the last row of the table. Use a dynamic chart to plot the values in t...

Zig Zag Line
Dear Group, I am using Visio Standard 2003. I am trying to draw in a UML Exception zig zag line, like you can see here. http://dn.codegear.com/article/30169 Its called an Exception Type. Does anyone know whether Vision inlcudes one. It would be really so useful Thanks On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 03:03:04 -0700, Simpler <Simpler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear Group, I am using Visio Standard 2003. > >I am trying to draw in a UML Exception zig zag line, like you can see here. >http://dn.codegear.com/article/30169 > >Its called an Exception Type. Does anyone know ...

How can I get vacant lines in a sheet to not print
In Lotus 123 the following formula @IF((F25+H25)=0,"|--","") in the first cell of each row in a print range would place the pipe symbol in that cell. Any rows with the symbol would not print when the range was printed. This is very helpful when you don't need to print rows that do not contain data. Such as inventory items with no qunatities. How can I get Excel to do the same thing. Some of my spread sheets may have hundreds of rows but I only need to print those with data. Sorting first is not an option. look at autofilter in Help. "Luapremrub" ...

Chart Bars
How to create intersectionso if the hight of bar crosses that line the color of the bar should from that point. From Level 0 - 2:- RED Color From Level 2 - 4:- Green color From Level 4 - 6:- Blue color Hi, You will need to use 3 series to build the stack. Simplest way is to use a cluster chart, setting the overlap value to 100, with data base on formula. If you have the following data in A2:B9 A2: =<leave empty> B2: =SeriesName A3: =A B3: =0 A4: =B B4: =1 A5: =C B5: =2 A6: =D B6: =3 A7: =E B7 =4 A8: =F B8: =5 A9: =G B9: =6 You can then create the following ...

combination chart #8
How can I get a combo chart with 3 series - one as a vertical bar/column, and 2 series as lines, with 2 y axes? I only seem to be able to get one series in line format, while the first two insist on viewing as vertical bars, regardless of whether they are assigned to the primary or secondary y axis. Right click each series and set the chart type property of the series seperately. alas wrote: > How can I get a combo chart with 3 series - one as a vertical > bar/column, and 2 series as lines, with 2 y axes? > I only seem to be able to get one series in line format, while the > fir...

Two charttype on chart
Hi, I have export the data to excel from Vb, then add the graph in excel and set my secondary axis as.. ..SeriesCollection(4).AxisGroup = xlSecondary then how we set this group only as chatrtype as xlLine and the primary axis values by Column charttype -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Hi, Try this, ..SeriesCollection(4).AxisGroup = xlSecondary ..SeriesCollection(4).ChartType = xlLine Cheers Andy shah firdaous via OfficeKB.com wrote: > Hi, I have export the data to excel from Vb, then add the graph in excel > and set my secondary axis as.. > .SeriesCollection(4).Axi...

Sorting in Pivot Charts
I'm using Access 2003 & am trying to sort in a Pivot Chart. I have a single series & I'm trying to sort by the qty of that series. Thanks much in advance, M.C. ...

Use the same cell from many worksheets to create a chart?
I have a new worksheet for each day, labeled with the date. I want to pull data from the same cell (like "P-3") in each worksheet and put it into a chart. Example: On ten worksheets, pull the data from cell P-3 (arbitrarily called "income"). Then, put that P-3 data into a chart that tracks daily income: the date itself (taken from the worksheet name) plus the data. Any idea how to do this? You need to create a summary region on a worksheet, and use this as the data source for your chart. See this page for more details: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Char...

Link chart format to a cell
I want to create a chart that changes format depending on value in a special cell. For exemple a bar chart that for one value have blue bars (the whole chart) and for another value red bars? Please anyone? On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, vito <vito@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to create a chart that changes format depending on value in a special >For exemple a bar chart that for one value have blue bars (the whole chart) >and for another value red bars? You can't, it's not possible in Excel. But you can have two series, one which...

Setting Major tick to none on charts is not working, is it a bug?
I've tried to set the major tick for my x-axis to none, so that the marks only show up above my data points along the x-axis... it is not working I notice a small change from None to Cross, but it basically looks the same as cross, just a little bit shorter on both ends(inside and outside). Anyone know if this is being fixed, if it's a bug... or if I'm doing it incorrectly? I can change it with both XY Scatter charts and Line charts. What type of chart are you trying to change? "Mike J" <Mike J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EFDB3C7-1CBD-4...

Keeping photos in line
Several questions about moving photos in columns: I have a two column page, a manuscript of 150 pages, and want photos t slide with the type as I insert text in previous pages. I use th format, inline, move with copy instruction. Sometimes it moves th photo over to the other column. I want all photos inserted from files to automatically be embedded, o inline. Is there a command for that? Is there a better way to do a caption for the photos, what we printer call a cutline, than use a new text box? I have to in line it too, an it sometimes wants to move one or two lines when I give the order...

Creating scatter plots
How do I create a scatter plot. I've done line and bar graphs but I'm not sure how to do a scatter plot. Also, how can I use data from different tabs in the same excel file to create the graph. Will I need to copy and paste all the data onto another tab? Hi, For a scatter plot you need a set of x and y values. If you only have Y values the x ones will automatically be a sequential series 1 to number_of_Y_points. Ideally you would have you X-values in a column with the Y-values in the next column to the right. You can make Excels job easier at guessing your data layout if you...

Updating a chart, within a workspace
I keep a daily log of a particular price, plus its moving average. I use an Excel spreadsheet for this. Under a separate tab, I have set up a Chart, that visually tracks both the daily log of price, and the moving average. I need a simple method for updating the chart. So far, the only method I can find that works is to "Clear" [delete] each plot on the chart, and then use "Copy, Paste" to achieve an updated Chart plot of the two parameters. This is laborious, since I have to re-do my color and line preferences each time. There must surely be a more elegant m...

Display data points that are less than the chart trendline
I have a standard chart with an x and y axis and a linear trend line. Is it possible to have the chart to only display the values that are less than the trend line? Thank you in advance for your help. Hi, Sure you can. Firstly, either hide your existing data points, or make them a very pale grey colour. Then, assume your x values are in A1:A10, and your y values are in B1:B10. In say A12, calculate the slope of the trendline with =SLOPE(B1:B10,A1:A10) and in say A13 calculate the intercept using =INTERCEPT(B1:B10,A1:A10) In column C, calculate the corresponding y value for each x value fr...

Mailbox limits in exchange 2003 not being enforced.
I'm not sure what is going on but up until about a month ago mailbox limits were being enforced in exchange. I have checked all my settings and have tried applying the limits at the IS level and the individual user level. ESM is showing that it is issuing warnings and that prohibit send is being enforced on the mailboxes over the limits, but people are still able to send. I have also checked with individual users and they are receiving the "warning message" that their mailbox is over the limit but they certainly can still send. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance Steve...

Problem formatting date values in chart...
I have a blood pressure tracking spreadsheet -- at a minimum, it tracks Systolic and Diastolic pressure for a given day. A B C E.g.: Date Systolic Diastolic 1 9/3/04 120 90 2 9/4/04 123 87 3 9/5/04 129 79 I currently have a simple line graph that shows systolic data points over diastolic data points. The left hand (Y axis) value is "Pressure". My problem is that I want the "date" values of Col. A to display at the bottom of the graph as a label with each corresponding data point and...

How do I Add a variable in the legend without charting the data?
I have three variables that need to appear in my legend but only two of them should appear in the chart. How do I show the third variable in the legend without it being plotted in the chart? Hi, You can add a third series to the chart so that the legend item appears but set the data to be plotted to be zero or #N/A such that the column or line is not displayed. Cheers Andy Legends vs Plotting wrote: > I have three variables that need to appear in my legend but only two of them > should appear in the chart. How do I show the third variable in the legend > without it being p...

Line and Column Graph
I have a graph that has six series. Each column has a line that goes with it. Ex- Pink bar and Pink Line Blue Bar and Blue Line Green Bar and Green Line Now all the lines line up on the middle bar which happens to be pink. I want each data point to line up with the correct color bar not with the middle bar. -- Thanks, Nikki What kind of bar chart do you have? Clustered, Stacked? "Nikki" <Nikki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F23DE85-B1AE-40FC-A0D2-47EF73FA08B2@microsoft.com... > I have a graph that has six series. Each column has a line that goes ...

Blank lines uneven distribution
I used Duane Hookom's OnPage event to add extra lines at the end of my report. Even though I'm still an ameteur at this and don't understand how it works it does what I need it to do. Each page requires a Page header and footer and 21 lines of detail with a boarder for each textbox and blank lines on the last page even if there is no detail. The program does the job but for each line when there is data, the text gets lower and lower in the box. Is there a way to ensure that the text appears in the same place within the borders on each line printed? Private Sub ...

Pie of Pie Chart #2
How is the "Pie of Pie" chart used? I know this is the chart I need, I just don't know how to plot the data. I have 3 discrepancies - Broken 85%, Misplaced 10% and Incomplete 5%. I want to create a pie chart that shows the 3 discrepancies. I also want another chart that has 4 different sub-discrepancies for broken. Example: Broken1 50%, Broken2 25%, Broken3 15% and Broken4 10% - How can I plot this data and create the chart I need? Thanks Hi Karen - List the data like this: Incomplete 5% Misplaced 10% Broken1 50% Broken2 25% Broken3 15% Broken4 ...