Legend Line Spacing #2

Hi,

I have a chart where the legend is double spaced.  How do I change it to
single spacing?  Format Legend only has options for patterns, font and
placement.  I see nothing for line spacing.
--
Thanks for your help.
Karen53

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Karen53 <Karen53@discussions.microsoft.com> said:
>I have a chart where the legend is double spaced.  How do I change it to
>single spacing?  Format Legend only has options for patterns, font and
>placement.  I see nothing for line spacing.

It sounds as though at least one legend label is wrapping due to the
legend area being too narrow. That makes all the other legend labels
wrap a line as well, even if they're not long enough to need it. The
solution is to drag the legend until it's wide enough that none of the
labels wrap.

If the labels are still wide apart, drag the legend so that it's less
tall. The labels occupy all the space the legend area provides equally,
so if the area is too tall, the legends will space out to fit.

--
Del Cotter
del1907 (586)

"Del Cotter" wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
> Karen53 <Karen53@discussions.microsoft.com> said:
> >I have a chart where the legend is double spaced.  How do I change it to
> >single spacing?  Format Legend only has options for patterns, font and
> >placement.  I see nothing for line spacing.
>
> It sounds as though at least one legend label is wrapping due to the
> legend area being too narrow. That makes all the other legend labels
> wrap a line as well, even if they're not long enough to need it. The
> solution is to drag the legend until it's wide enough that none of the
> labels wrap.
>
> If the labels are still wide apart, drag the legend so that it's less
> tall. The labels occupy all the space the legend area provides equally,
> so if the area is too tall, the legends will space out to fit.
>
> --
> Del Cotter
> NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk,
>     which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead.

0
Karen53 (7)

Excel Drop Down Boxes #2
Question; does anybody know how to add additional data to a previous drop down box? I have created a form that has several drop down boxes a while ago, and due to some information that has been change I need to input more info in the drop down boxes but for some odd reason I cant remember how I executed these actions!! If it helps I am using Excel 2000. -- CRS ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CRS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27444 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46...

Smith's SK2 2-Stone Sharpening Kit
Price:$13.95 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B000B5JXU2 Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000B5JXU2 Deluxe Sharpening Kit, Contains 1 Each 5" X 5/8" Medium Arkansas Stone, 1 Each 4" X 1" Fine Arkansas Stone, 2 OZ Honing Oil. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: 550lb. Type III Paracord:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000S5ODO6 Swedish Firesteel- Army Model:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B0013L8D9K Enter The Kettlebell! Strength Secret of The Soviet Supermen:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=0938045695...

When printing to large scale plotter, is there a max # of lines/pa
I am having problems with printing to my large plotter. Project seems to have issue when printing 325 lines or more. The plot gets long horizontal lines of different lengths running through my data. When I insert a page break at, for example, line 323, the plot looks fine, but I am getting two pages instead of just one. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't think this is a plotter problem. Almost always, problems related to printing are related to the system or the printer driver. That is because Project is using the system to print. The first thing to check is that...

Money 2002 Died #2
Experiencing the same situation. Please inform us of the situation. Thanks! We have the same problem here. Money won't start up. We reinstalled and it ran initially, but now it has the same problem again. Has anyone contacted Microsoft?! >-----Original Message----- >Experiencing the same situation. Please inform us of the >situation. Thanks! >. > Same thing here. This is scary! >-----Original Message----- >We have the same problem here. Money won't start up. We >reinstalled and it ran initially, but now it has the same >problem again. Has a...

Question Variation: Shading a portion of the space between two lines
I posted a question on March 21 about how to shade a small portion of space between two lines and got an answer from Jon that helped immensely. I have a slight variation on that question. I've tried manipulating the data in several ways myself, and got close, but no cigar. Here is my revised question. I have another chart with two intersecting lines. I want to shade a small portion of the space before the intersection and another small portion of the space after the intersection. Specifically, there are 13 points on each line and I want to shade the space between points 1 and 5 and a...

Electronics Line USA Synchronizes Video with the IBM 4690 Retail POS
Electronics Line USA unlocks the IBM 4690 POS and provides real-time exception reporting with video integration. Boulder, Colo. - August 22, 2007 -Electronics Line USA is pleased to announce the release of a new point-of-sale (POS) video integration with the IBM 4690 which includes the Supermarket, ACE, GSA and Chain Drug applications. The solution allows the Electronics Line ETV DVR Series to sync video from security cameras with the point-of-sale transactions. Retailers can then produce both real-time and after-the-fact exceptions reports which help management make decisions that improve e...

Event id: 474 2 days after offline defrag
Last week my customers exchange 2000 information store dismounted and stopped due to it's size exceeding the max 16gigs. I had to run an offline defrag which lowered the databse to below 16 gigs and it mounted properly. That night the was a good backup. Since then there has not been a good backup - basically because of Event id:474 - a chksum error. I an afraid to restart that server or touch it because all of the email is working - all is OK except it cannot be backed up. We are prepared to order another server and run exmerge to migrate the data - is this the best method - or is...

Changing Inventory Item Types #2
In GP7.5, is there any way to change inventory item types once they have been used? Can the item be deleted and then recreated at the end of a year? Are there any utility programs that can do this? In particular, I've got some "sales inventory" items that I want to convert to "kits" and others that need to be "services" We are on 8.0, but I don't think it is possible to change the item type - not even with Professional System Tools. We have changed the item name (via tools) to include the word Discontinued. Then we set up a new item to repl...

Line Chart #13
Hi, The following is my data and I need to chart this. Is it possible to have a range in one cell? Thanks for your help in advance Experience (Years) Large Medium Small 1 $90,000-$100,000 $75,000-90,000 $65,000-78,000 2 $92,000-100,000 $80,000-95,000 $75,000-85,000 3 $105,000-130,000 $90,000-100,000 $85,000-95,000 4 $117,000-150,000 $100,000-115,000 $90,000-110,000 5 $140,000-170,000 $115,000-130,000 $100,000+ 6 $140,000-190,000 $135,000+ $100,000+ 7 $170,000-250,000 $135,000+ $110,000+ ...

IF statement help #2
Hi What im trying to do is, Calculate a Cell x say 0.5. If the result is a negative number, sho 0. If it is a positive number, work it out and show the answer. Jus tried, and cant seem to get it right for some reason. I dont want t have to use another cell for no reaon, as I need to present th worksheet This is what I tried, IF((E22*0.5)>0), (E22*0.5), Thank -- RudeYut ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RudeYute's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3295 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthr...

No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook #2
I have Excel 2003 (11.6113.5703) running on windows XP. I have loaded the latest update from the web. When I try to change the font size of text in the axis or label of a chart, a message shows "No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook." When I do a print preview of the charts, the same message shows up and then the print previews would be displayed. I'd appreciate if you can tell me the fix. Jon Peltier has some information on this in his Charting FAQ article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon025 and at his web site (use th...

Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book #2
Hi all, I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is unchecked. To save me going to all workstations and checking this setting, is there some way I can set it to "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" automatically? Cheers Marty... ....ms... <martin@adg.com.au> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. > When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail > Address Book&q...

updating #2
My microsoft money mutual fund page does not update anymore. Is there any reason? I did not change anything Thanks Dada ...

I'm sending 2 (duplicate) emails each time I send emai
I'm using Office 2007, Outlook and, each time I send an email.. the receiver gets two copies.... any thoughts? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:/...

Compare two Sheets with Conditional Formatting #2
I'm going insane I'm trying to compare two sheets using Walkenbach's approach but for some reason when I use it...certain values don't show differences. Example: Sheet 1 (Range Name is Grid) has 18000 on Cell A1 Sheet 2 (Range Name is OldGrid) has 18000 on Cell A2 So if I change Cell A1 on Sheet 1 to 1 it should show me change but no...it just does nothing. However if I type 133...it shows change. Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=COUNTIF(OldGrid,A1)=0" Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 40 Help really appreciate...

line spacing #2
How do I reset line spacing in Outlook 2003? My version insists on inserting a double line feed every time I press "Enter". You are using a stationary that uses double lines. Try a different stationary or none at all "crossfire" wrote: > How do I reset line spacing in Outlook 2003? > My version insists on inserting a double line feed every time I press "Enter". > "crossfire" wrote: > How do I reset line spacing in Outlook 2003? > My version insists on inserting a double line feed every time I press "Enter". I appreciat...

Combined line-scatter graph with 2 Y-axis messed up
I have a chart in Excel 2007 (under XP sp3) with 2 line (L1 & L2) and 2 scatter series (S1 & S2, representing means of respectively L1 and L2 datapoints). Both L-points are located at last datapoint-position. X-values are formatted as 'Genereal'. Both L1 and S1 are referenced to 1st Y-axis, only L2 to 2nd Y-axis. Here's where the error comes in. When I reference S2 also to Y2, it looks ok until I saved the sheet and reopen it, After reopening, THE CHART IS GONE ! AFTER PREVIEW, IT REAPPEARS BUT THE FORMAT IS TOTALLY MESSED UP ?! Both Y-axes are shrinken and L2 and ...

Conditional Cell protection #2
I would like to blank and protect certain cells depending on a value in one cell (A1). If, e.g. the value in cell A1 is 6, then the users are only allowed to enter values in the first 6 weeks for that year (=first 6 columns in the table). In order to avoid problems I would like to erase all existing data in columns 7--> and then lock these cells. Any ideas how to do this? ...

licensing #2
Hello, can someone tell me the answer to my question, I"ve looked on the microsoft website with no luck or havn't found any information as of yet anyway. I'm new to the IT business, and work for myself as an IT professional repairing, upgrading, & troubleshooting pc's & networks, and my question is; is there a special license I can get so that when I do upgrades and upgrade the OS I could just have one package and install on many machines, versus going out and buying a new package for each pc which is time consuming and sometimes difficult to find, depending o...

The Okopochini Bug #2
Type (in a column) these numbers into MS Excel 2002 with SP2 applied & see what answer you get (I think this should work within any version of excel but don't quote me). 799.06 -525 -179.19 -47 -43.51 -4.36 Select the summation (Sigma) icon to add the numbers together. Answer = -5.06262E-14 when it should be zero! Why's that? mmmmmmm. The Okopochini Bug has arisen! Regards David Okopochini :-) Seems to work that way in Excell 2000 also. >-----Original Message----- >Type (in a column) these numbers into MS Excel 2002 with SP2 applied & >see what answer you get (...

Custom dictionary not available #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I receive the message every time I try to check a word that the "custom dictionary is not available." I have tried the fixes recommended by others and they have not worked. Keyes@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) > > I receive the message every time I try to check a word that the "custom dictionary is not available." I have tried the fixes recommended by others and they have not worked. Hi, You have to activate the custom dictionary before you...

troble in real player #2

Filter for time elapsed between 2 columns
I have Planned Start Time And Actual Start Time I only want to return records where the Planned Start Time is equal to or less than 48 hours from the Actual Start Time Thanks for your help I assume that this time fields include also the date, other wise you can't know the different between two times unless they are both on the same day, which mean up to 24 houres In the query create another column that calculate the different between the two fields HoursDiff: DateDiff("h",[Start Time],[Actual Start Time]) That will return the different in hours, under that field create t...

Print contacts #2
I would like my notes to appear when I print my address book from Outlook. Thanks. Add the notes field to the view you are using for your Contacts folder, and then when you print, you should see your notes. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:12fae01c3f693$82e8b4e0$a501280a@phx.gbl, RWhite wrote: > I would like my notes to appear when I print my address > book from Outlook. > > Thanks. ...

Multiple recipients #2
When mailing to multiple recipients, I want only their name to appear, but once they print, keep each recipients' addresses blocked. How can this be done without sending to myself and all other recipients a BCC? Mail merge. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, stellar asked: | When mailing to multiple recipients, I want only their name to | appear, but once they print, keep ea...