Keeping Chart Series Formats whilst sorting

Hi,

I have created a bubble chart where I have set specific colours to each
series.

However if I then sort the source table the formating doesn't follow
and they all change.

Any way to fix the format so this doesn't happen and I keep consistent
colours irrespective of sorting the source data ?

regards
Greg

--
Fullam
Fullam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33363

format changes when copying from one cell to another
I'm sure this is simple, but it is not clear to me... I am copying the contents of a group of cells that exist on one worksheet to another. In Sheet2, I tell cell A1 that it should equal Sheet1's A1 value. That works fine. But if the cell is blank on Sheet1, it comes up as "0" on Sheet2. I figured it was probably assuming numeric formatting, but when I right-click > format cell on both Sheet1 and Sheet2, both show up as "general", so why would Sheet2 take a blank value and populate it with "0" ?? I gather than you are putting a formula in one...

How do I chart date ranges with varying start and finish dates?
I want to create a chart that on one axis will show date ranges that have varying start and finish dates. The other axis is a list of project names. Example: Project #1, starts 5/1/05, ends 10/1/05; Project #2 starts 3/5/05, ends 2/2/06, etc. I want a bar chart that I can sort. Any help is very appreciated. : ) It sounds like you need to create a Gantt chart. Here are some resources that might help: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 ----...

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

Date format in a report
The date is formatted in my table in yyyy/mmm/dd. In one report I need to run for another organization the format needs to be in dd/mmm/yyyy format. How can I change the way it displays in the report? I do not want to change it in the table as I generally want the format to be yyyy/mmm/dd. -- Charlie You can simply use either the format property for the control or you can use the Format() if you need to set the format to something that doesn't already exist. Format([YourDataFieldName],"dd/mmm/yyyy") -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.carda...

Charts #3
If I want my chart to read from 50 to 100 instead of 0 to 100 How do I do this? -- Richard Northern California Be Nice to Everyone Everyday WHERE? -- Richard Northern California Be Nice to Everyone Everyday "jr" <kiii63@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00fc01c36813$5688d060$a601280a@phx.gbl... > double click on the current chart axis values on the > desired chart axis. You can set the scale in the popup > window. > >-----Original Message----- > >If I want my chart to read from 50 to 100 instead of 0 > to 100 How do I do > >this? > >...

Reformat data to vertical format
Here is what I am trying to do. http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/totalcontrolproducts_OLD/download/images/Untitled-1.gif I have about a thousand records that I need in a vertical format with normal shared field name. Any suggestions -- Psydwaz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Psydwaze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2437 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37965 see Creating a Spreadsheet from Database data (#dbdata) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm...

Sorting with Column has Formula
Hi everyone, I never imagined that the formula in the column would affect the sorting order in any way, but it does in my case. Below is the formula in that I have in Col I, and I'd like to sort it in Ascending order, but the result is that it sorts with all the empty rows on top and the one with the result from the formula at the bottom. I assume it consider the "I" in the "IF" function in the formula, but I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me how to fix this please? =IF(E2="","",IF(J2="X","Priority #1",IF(...

How to slant cells in Excel on top of chart at about 45 degrees
Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree angle with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? ckricci Wrote: > Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree > angle > with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? HI ckricci Try Format > Cells > Alignment Tab and set the Orientation to 45 degress -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

format negative dollars
We have 2 computers in this office, both with Office XP On one we get ($ 4.00) on the other we get -$ 4.00 This format seems to vary from file to files. Is there a way to set the default on Excel to ($ 4.00) ? Thanks Doug Doug, It might help to check the Regional Settings in the Control Panel (I assume your using windows). It has settings for currency and number displays which will affect excel. Check if yours and your co-workers settings are the same. Dan E "doug loewen" <doug@aacropolishomes.com> wrote in message news:004f01c38c25$5c483320$a401280a@phx.gbl... > W...

Can Line Chart Overlaps be Highlighted?
Can the overlap portion(s) of two lines in a chart be shown in a different color, without having to manually draw a shape? I would like to show the areas where Line A is above Line B as red, and the areas where it crosses below in blue - is it possible to do this without manually drawing in shapes? Hi, To some extent it depends how many times the lines cross. If it's just the once then you can use area charts to provide the shading. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 This may help if the used one line as a base line...

outlook 2003 inbox format
How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much prefer the look of Outlook 2000. Thank you View > Arrange By > Show in groups "Trng Administrator" <Trng Administrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49639DAB-7738-4951-B6AC-6A35AD2862FD@microsoft.com... > How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much > prefer the look of Outlook 2000. > > Thank you neo [mvp outlook] wrote: > View > Arrange By > Show in groups That...

Duplicate entries & Conditional Formatting
Is there a formula indicate duplicate data on 2 different worksheets? I want the font to change to bold. Thanks. Yes, provided it is a named range within the same workbook. Select the cells and Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula Is> =COUNTIF(MyRange,A2)>0 Format for the change if TRUE. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "hmm" <hmm@hmm.com> wrote in message news:3FCCCF2F.42E759CF@hmm.com... > Is there a formula indicate duplicate data on 2 different worksheets? I > want the font to change to bold. > > Thanks. > ...

keeping page, insert etc dropdowns open & having page below it
how can i keep the drop downs open & have the page below it. It was that way & I must have hit the wrong button or something.microsoft word 2007 "billy" <billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91198FA1-A43C-4A00-9141-FB019528AC5B@microsoft.com... > how can i keep the drop downs open & have the page below it. It was that > way > & I must have hit the wrong button or something.microsoft word 2007 Ask in a discussion group for Word. Here's how to find it. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/ In the...

Help me create sales chart based on state and quantity
We have a production report on excel. It shows the details for our clients. Part of that data includes the state in which the client lives. We are trying to create a chart showing the percentages of each state( so we know where the most deals are closed) Any suggestions? Hello mr_merchant_man, this sounds like a job for a pivot table, using Average as the data calculation operator. Or, depending on your version of Excel, you can use AVERAGEIFS (in Excel 2007) or calculate an averate with a combination of SUMIF divided by COUNTIF. To be more specific, it would help to s...

Powerpoint with Excel formatted information
My team has an excel file with Text and Icons in a status report format. We use it to copy and insert paste into Powerpoint. After copying into Powerpoint, I try to select it and edit but powerpoint gives an error that says: "There isn't enough memory available to read the Excel file" Other team members use this same excel template and powerpoint and they can edit the information after it is copied to powerpoint. And I can use their files and they work fine. Only one team member has this issue so somehow this person's excel file is using a massi...

Sort Need
A B C Row 1 206 S. Harbor Dr. 206 S. Harbor Dr. =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)) First equ immediately above is in B1 =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) Second is in C1. =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)) A1 is address in column of addresses to be sorted. Equ starting: =LEFT pulls out the street address number Equ starting: =TRIM pulls balance. Problem: In this example, Sort places C1 in rows starting with l...

time line in chart
Hi How do I put a vertical line in a chart in excel at a given point? i.e. timeline Thanks Jon I know this is too elementary, but go from here: You have a scatter chart from A1:B6 (X A1:A6; Y B1:B6) 10 3 11 4 12 5 13 6 14 7 15 8 A 2nd source series is A8:B9 (X A8:A9; Y B8:B9) 13 0 13 6 giving you the a vertical line at X=13. "jon" <jon@nospam.com> wrote: >Hi >How do I put a vertical line in a chart in excel at a given point? i.e. >timeline >Thanks >Jon ----== Posted via Pronews.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.prone...

Help with cells auto formatting
Hi, I have posted a similar question before however I never really got this sorted so sorry for repeating myself. Basically I use two spreadsheets daily at work all with various information on and various formats in each Column. My problem is when I close the spreadsheet and reopen it the cells that are formatted as 'general' or 'number' turn into Euro currencies. Does anyone know why this happens or how I can stop it? The spreadsheets aren't stored locally they are stored on a serve that only myself and my boss can get onto and we both have the same p...

Help on adding values to a bar chart
Hello, Here is my problem. I currently have a bar chart that has 8 X-axis bars. I need to add 2 more to the X-axis. The labels for the x-axis are based on cells within another spreadsheet, but are not consecutive cells, they are spread apart. So when I go to add the two more cells, I can only add one. When I click on the second cell to add it to the list, all of the previous cells get unselected. I have even tried to manually add these two values in. Is there a limit to how many values can be on the X-axis? Please Help!!! Thanks. To select non-consecutive cells: select first cell, h...

help with Excel Chart, Series name
Hello, I am using ORACLE OLE2 package to print a series bar graph in excel. I need to rename "Series Name" that comes out in as a char in excel. By defual the series are names as Series1, Series2, Series3,.....SeriesN. How can I access the handle to "Series Name" which help me change its name. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks you, Bilal Bilal, Manally, you do this with Chart - Source data - Series tab. There's a series name box. Select the series to be edited in the drop-down at the left first. It may have a cell reference currently in it, or you can...

protect formatting #3
I have a shared workbook with many worksheets in it that many people need to fill in. How can I protect the formatting of it so that they cannot change it. Also when they copy and paste things into the worksheets I would like the format to revert to how I have set it?? Thanks! ...

Sorting Data Automatically
I am importing text into a new worksheet and would like to run a macro that can perform labour a labour intensive sort/deletion. Column A contains a mixture of text strings as follows: QR4567 QR4567/QT1223 QR4290 QR4290/QT1224 What I would like to do is determine how many QR's have associated QT's and how many QR's are remaining that dont have associated QT's. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Alan Bartley Sydney Australia Hi Alan not sure how the sorting comes into this - sounds more like needing a formula to count when a cell contains both QR & QT as op...

Number Format
Is this available/possible? The difference between engineering and Scientific is that engineering is always in the form of "11.11En where "n" is a multiple of 3. Thanks, Bill Hi AFAIK this is not possible in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bill Allen" <ballense@cox.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1eq6d.26462$7k.7198@okepread05... > Is this available/possible? > The difference between engineering and Scientific is that engineering is > always in the form of "11.11En where "n" is a multiple of 3. > > Thanks, &g...

Prevent conditional formatting from being override
E.g When I copy a cell (sheetname = "Main" with normal data + comment) to another worksheet cell (sheetname = "test") with conditional formatting , the conditional formatting is gone. How to prevent it? Paste value only? Yep - If you can't protect the cell then you need to use edit / paste special / values or formulas etc -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgivenes...

conditional formatting not working in every cell
I have a worksheet that has conditional formatting set for an grade that is below 95 to turn red. The total worksheet has 160 entries and the formatting works on most of the cells except 4 vells show a grade of 95 and its in red. There are several other cells that are at 95 and are not red. I did a paste special across the worksheet, I have also tried to change the cell itself and I still get the same problem. Any way to fix this? Is it possible that your CF refers to the cell above or below the actua cell? i.e conditional formatting in B2 looks in B1 or B3 Something to look into. Re...