Keep Pivot Table Chart Format unchanged

I want to keep changes to format i performed in a pivot chart, that would not
be affected upon refresh table.

thanks\

0
Nir1 (2)

This is a known bug that requires vba code to re-apply formatting.

    XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> This is a known bug that requires vba code to re-apply formatting.
>
>     XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting
>     http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Nir wrote:
> > I want to keep changes to format i performed in a pivot chart, that would not
> > be affected upon refresh table.
> >
> > thanks\
> >

> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
Nir1 (2)
10/26/2006 12:54:02 PM
Use the macro recorder to capture the formatting commands.

Here is a great resource for all things pivot tablely!
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqPivot.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
0
andy9699 (3616)

Scatter Chart Axis as text in C# Web appl
Hi, I've created a Scatter Chart in OWC11 in C# and the X axis must display dates instead of numbers, I do it using the code below: .... string x= "10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/6/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/7/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/8/2004 12:00:00 AM\t"; string y = 1\t2\t76\t67\t...."; objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData(OWC11.ChartDimensionsEnum.chDimCategories, (int)OWC11.ChartSpecialDataSourcesEnum.chDataLiteral, "Scatter Charts Series 1"); objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData (OWC11.ChartDimensi...

How do I make a Levy Jennings chart in Excel 2003?
How do I use Excel 2003 to prepare Levy Jennings charts for laboratory daily QC data? Hi, Jon Peltier shows you how to add your mean and standard deviation lines here. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html HTH Martin "RayneLily" <RayneLily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADFC70DF-2277-4430-BDE1-7E41AE2836FF@microsoft.com... > How do I use Excel 2003 to prepare Levy Jennings charts for laboratory > daily > QC data? Try http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html .... and isn't it Levey-Jennings ? -- David Biddu...

I keep getting a "no" symbol when trying to edit certain graphs.
Any ideas? Hi, A lot more detail would help. What type of chart? What do you mean by "no" symbol? #? Where are you seeing the "no" - in the chart title, on an axis, in the plot area, for all data points, for only some data points, in the spreadsheet. What does your data, in the spreadsheet, look like? What version of Excel are you using? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Kimmyberly26" <Kimmyberly26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED40C332-AE18-43BA-81E9-0D302EB69AE6@microsoft.com... > A...

surface chart #5
Will excel graph a real surface chart from data in 3 columns (x, y and z), so it's a perspective plot? Ye You have to arrange your data as a table with the x values across the top and the y values down the LH side, and fill in the Z values for each x, y pair. Then select the whole table and go into the surface chart otion. You can change the perspective, magnification, viewing angles etc in the dialog box Happy charting! Maybe. XL's 3D charting capability is rather limited. For more see the Excel/Charts/3D Surface page of my web site. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-me...

Conditional Format if not formula
I wish to use Conditional Formatting to highlight a cell if a formula is overwritten by a manual number. The cells typically have formulas but there are times a manual number must be inserted in the cell, it is then I want the cell to be highlighted. Is there a formula that can be used in Conditional Formatting that will do this? Thanks for your time, Gary Gary, You could use the change event: copy the code below, right-click the sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code into the window that appears. You can either remove or modify this line If Intersect(Target, ...

Deferral Tables query
Hello, We post an invoice to a number of different GL accounts, and then we set up a retroactive purchasing deferral per GL account line to deal with the prepayment side of the transaction. I have a Smartlist built to enable reporting on the deferrals still outstanding, with some data from PM and Vendors. The query is how would I identify the unique deferral in the header and in the row data tables? Would you please advise alt point me in the direction of what the various fields on the table mean in relation to the processing of a deferral transaction. Thanks for all the assistance...

Cell Linking to Chart Headings
I need to work out how to link part of a chart heading within excel to a cell from another tab within the same excel spreadsheet. The purpose of this is to be able to change one cell in another tab and have it link through to the headings of various charts in other tabs. Can anyone help? You can link a chart title, axis title, data label, or textbox in a chart to a cell. Select the text element in the chart, press the equals key, then select the cell with the mouse. The cell reference appears after the equals sign in the formula bar: =Sheet1!$A$1 The text element in the chart will ...

conditional formatting of a textbox on a continuous subform
I have a continuous subform with (3) fields displayed (in 3 controls: 2 checkboxes, one enabled, one not), and a textbox I would like the "locked" property of the text box, determined by the value of the locked checkbox (it's status is set through some VBA code elswhere in the project...) -on a record-by-record basis is this possible? thanks in advance, mark some of the records are always locked, some are always not locked (it depends whether the information may or may not be edited) I would like to user to have a visual clue as to which record can or cannot be... wi...

how to print chart located on another chart on one page?
I have one chart located as object in another chart. when I print, I get two pages I need to print both charts on one page...whole purpose of 'locating chart as object' thanks Helmt When you print the master chart (the chart sheet), doesn't it also print the embedded chart? You have to select the master chart and not the embedded chart or just the embedded chart will print. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Helmut" <Helmut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

How can I keep the copy of my email on the exchange server
the company Lan: win2003+exchangeserver2003 I use outlook on my desktop to access my email accounts and it can read all the emails on the exchange server. Then I want to use the outlook with the same setting on my laptop to access the same account on this exchange server but find there is no email. I think, maybe the outlook automatically deletes my emails on the server after downloads them to outlook. So how can I read all the eamils on both computers? Thanks No, it doesn't as long as you do not connect to it by using POP3 or have a pst-file set as your default delivery location. T...

Creating a dynamic asset allocation chart
I was inspired by a recent E-Trade commercial to build a financial portfolio pie chart using Excel. The chart I have in mind would show the percent breakdown of asset allocation (e.g., cash, large cap stocks, small cap stock, etc). This is the data table format I had in mind: Financial Institute (column 1), Allocation (column 2), and Amount (column 3) e.g., BofA Cash $1600 Fidelity Large Cap $1000 Fidelity Cash $101 As I update my allocation, say, move some cash to small cap stocks, the chart would automatically display my new ...

pivot table #13
Frequently i used the same group in different pivot tables in different data list. it is very troublesome to do the same grouping each time. Can any one suggest ways to make it more efficient to reuse the same grouping in pivot table? Thanks ...

How to copy field in table
Hi Access Group. Can somebody help me with my problem. Scenarium: I have an Access backend, only with tables ;-). These tables are updated with data written from a program which is not developed in Access. What I need is that when the table "tbl_prod" has been updated with new data, then the text value of field "tbl_prod.Article" is to be copied into the emty field "tbl_prod.Barcode". How can I get the "copycode" executed when new data has been written to the table. If You can help me with this, then it will minimize error with wrong manual keyed i...

Outlook keeps locking up on me.
Outlook keeps locking up on me. I use word as my e-mail editor and have service pak2. ...

Charting for a certain timeframe
Hello, I am learning the in's and outs of excel and charting and need som help. I have a series of numbers that correlate to a time. I need t chart it based on the hour it falls in, and am having very little luck Can anyone help please? Below is the data that I have Type.......CG.........RET........OTH.......DATE........TIME CG............1...........0............0........10/10........16:40 OT............0...........0............1........10/10........17:09 CG............1...........0............0........10/10........17:20 RET..........0............1............0........10/10........1...

Gantt Charts
does anyone know how to make a Gantt chart using Excel? Hi Christine for some examples have a look at http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timeline.exe http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/ganttchart/index.html and searhc this newsgroup for 'Gantt charts' HTH Frank Christine wrote: > does anyone know how to make a Gantt chart using Excel? ...

Format Numbers
How do I set up numbers to format different colors depending on +/- in time calculations? Left out that I need them to change automaticlly "DMJohnson" wrote: > How do I set up numbers to format different colors depending on +/- in time > calculations? Have a look at Data/Conditional Formatting. HTH J -- pinmaste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49742 ...

Formatting all data labels on a chart at once
I have a stacked column chart. How do I format all of the data labels togethor (i.e. to set them all to a smaller font?) I can do one stack at a time, but not all of them. Also I have data for future months that will be populated later, so its not feasible to only format the visible data labels. Thanks! Select the chart, then format the font. Don't select the individual columns to do it. Granted, this will change the font for every item in the chart, but it may be a shorter way. "VancitysFinest" <victorlai@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139435934.762750.36150@z14g2...

Format Inserted Excel Table
I have inserted an Excel spreadsheet as a table into a Word 2007 document (saved as .docx) using the Insert/Table menu. I would like to remove the gridlines. How does one do this? In Excel, there is an option to not show these; there is also the possibility of formatting the cell borders to be white. But neither of these seems to work. I cannot locate an option to turn off gridlines. And when I try to set a cell border color to white, it returns to automatic. Thanks. --ron On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:08:16 -0500, Ron Rosenfeld <ronrosenfeld@nospam.org> wrote: >I h...

Cell text formatting
Hi, I am working with cells that are formatted as Text and set to Wrap. However, when I enter text that wraps to multiple lines, and I move focus off of that cell, all that appears there are ##################### characters. If I select the cell again, I can see that the data still exists there. Has anyone seen this? If so, what causes this? And how does one fix this? Thanks in advance, Tom . ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The # symbol indicat...

Looking for a dartboard type chart
I'm looking for a chart or graph that looks like a dartboard. I need to be able to split the outside circle into 4 sections, the next circle into 4 sections and be able to put words in them. The inside sections need to be split into 7 sections with words and a separate center bullseye. Any help is appreciated. Using MS Office 2003. Thanks! Vera - You might be able to work something up using a Doughnut chart. This data will give you 4 + 4 + 7 uniquely formatted segments: inner middle outer a 1 b 1 c 1 d 1 e 1 f 1 g 1 h ...

Percent Format: Allow user to type Percent, not decimal?
Seems like when a field's underlying value is a decimal amount, but the presentation format on a field in a form is "Percent", the user still has to type the decimal equivalent of the percent when editing the field. e.g. CouponRate=.05437 is shown as "5.437%", but when the user clicks into the field to type something, they have to type, for instance, ". 04798" to get 4.798 percent to show. Seems logical from one perspective, but my users don't care for it. I can think of one way to handle this, using event code, but I'm wondering if there is a Good-...

Currency Format #2
Hi Guys, Can someone tell me why? If I set a variable Like so: MyVar = Format(TotalCost, "###,##0.00") If the value is 5,241.60 it displays as 5,241.60 but if its 10,483.20 it displays as 10,483.2 missing the final 0 (zero) As always, your help is appreciated. Best Regards, Steve. Always Learning wrote: > Hi Guys, > > Can someone tell me why? > > If I set a variable Like so: > MyVar = Format(TotalCost, "###,##0.00") > If the value is 5,241.60 it displays as 5,241.60 but if its 10,483.20 it > displays as 10,483.2 missing the final ...

Number Format #12
I use several number formats that include text. I have only been able to access those formats from the workbook in which they were created. Is there a way to have these custom formats available in all workbooks? Currently I have to copy/paste the format from 1 workbook to another or recreate them in each workbook. Thank you for any suggestions. -- Dewayne There is no special Excel feature to share number formats among workbooks. Copy/paste is good way to go. Also you might have a default workbook/template that has the number formats you want, that you could use as the starting poi...

Combination bar Charts
I have three data series on a bar chart. I want two of them stacked, and the third remaining singular (cluster bar format). I know how to change one data series to a line, but when I try to change one to a singular bar using the same techique (highlighting the singular series and selecting a different chart type), the entire chart type switches to clustered bars. Is there any way to do this? I would like to create a custom chart type in this format, but it is unclear how to create chart custom formats. Jon Peltier has information and links for clustered stacked columns on his web si...