Keep Linked Data after Deleting Report

I'm making metrics for my group at work.  I have downloaded/sorted each
month's data & placed each month into a different tab on the same worksheet.
On one tab I have created a chart that takes information from each month and
measures it on the chart (using the COUNTIF function).  Since this is the
document that my team will be using...we will be deleting months as time goes
on to make more room.  However, in order to continue measuring the trend,
we'd like the value for the the months that are outdated and we delete to
remain.  When I go to delete the tab with the data in it...the value
disappears in the chart.  Is there another way to link the two so that when I
delete the data, I can keep the value in the chart.  Thank you!
0
K10 (4)

First, it seems to me that disk space is rather cheap nowadays, not like
when I was young and our computers ran by candlelight. My first suggestion
would be to keep the old sheets, perhaps hide them if necessary.

If the sheets have lots of extra data and you are plotting only a small
fraction of values which are calculated from the larger database, perhaps
you can convert the formulas to values (Copy - Paste Special Values), delete
the original data, and keep only the data required for the chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"K10" <K10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm making metrics for my group at work.  I have downloaded/sorted each
> month's data & placed each month into a different tab on the same
> worksheet.
> On one tab I have created a chart that takes information from each month
> and
> measures it on the chart (using the COUNTIF function).  Since this is the
> document that my team will be using...we will be deleting months as time
> goes
> on to make more room.  However, in order to continue measuring the trend,
> we'd like the value for the the months that are outdated and we delete to
> remain.  When I go to delete the tab with the data in it...the value
> disappears in the chart.  Is there another way to link the two so that
> when I
> delete the data, I can keep the value in the chart.  Thank you!

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Wrong message with cascading deletes
A2003: Table Person linked 1 X M to table Activity. The relationship has its Referential Integrity checkbox and the Cascade Delete checkbox both checked. When I delete a person all related Activity records are deleted which is to be expected. According to http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=26115&seqNum=5 I should get the following message in this case: "Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records?" In stead I get: &quo...

CFile (delete file)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

open two different Access reports