Justifying 2-line category names in bar charts

When a category name wraps on to 2 lines, Excel centers the second line under
the first.  I'd like to figure out a way to right justify the second line.
I'd also like to figure out a way to set that as a default.
0
Camille (8)

Hi,

You do not have much control over the axis labels and their appearance.
If you want full control you will need to use textboxes.
This page has code to help with construction and alignment.

http://www.andypope.info/vba/Axislabel_textboxes.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You do not have much control over the axis labels and their appearance.
> If you want full control you will need to use textboxes.
> This page has code to help with construction and alignment.
>
> http://www.andypope.info/vba/Axislabel_textboxes.htm
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Camille wrote:
> > When a category name wraps on to 2 lines, Excel centers the second line under
> > the first.  I'd like to figure out a way to right justify the second line.
> > I'd also like to figure out a way to set that as a default.
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
Camille (8)

Lookup in a 2 dimensional table
I want to look up a value in a table. I would like to specify a value which determines which column to look in and a value that determines which row and then return the value in that row and column. For example, I have this table (not a real table) that shows the friction/pressure loss in a pipe depending on its size and flow in gallons/minute (GPM). Given a pipe size and a flow in GPM, I want to return the value from the table. 1 inch 2 inch 3 inch 1 gpm 5 4 3 2 gpm 4 3 2 3 gpm 3 2 1 Anyone have...

HQ and RMS can't set primary Cashier or Salesperson #2
Since we upgraded to RMS 2.0 and added HQ In RMS 1.3 we could assign and change Primary Cashier or Sales person on Customer accounts. NOW, We do not have a drop down list button on our customer accounts to set a primary Salesperson or Cashier. Is there a option to check to be able to have the drop down list appear on the Customer account? Or can it be set with a worksheet in HQ? -- DDowningMO HQ 2.0.0110 / RMS 2.0.0110 4 Lanes, 4 Back Office Server 2003 SP2 ------=_NextPart_0001_7F2C5488 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning, Thank you for posting...

How do I link a bubble in the bubble graph to another chart?
Hi, If by link you mean show another chart when clicking part of the first chart then have a look at this article by Jon Peltier on chart events. http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 If not then maybe you can explain your problem further. Try using the body of the email, there's more room. Cheers Andy Pradnya Purandare wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Andy, Thanks for your response. You got the problem right. I have a bubble chart showing various market opportunities. And when I click on any particular bubble, I would l...

Line break from vLookup
Greetings all, I have a worksheet where cell B8 and B10 perform a vLookup based on a data validation in B6: =IF(B6="","",(VLOOKUP(B6,Position,2,0))) IF(B6="","",VLOOKUP(B6,AD_Groups,2,0)) I have the following code in place to perform a line break after each comma in the returned value. It works great the first time, but then anytime I change or add something to any cell in the range B1:B10 it adds another line break to B8 and B10. Anything after B10 is fine and doesn't affect the previous cells. I guess what I'm asking is if...

Testing for ODBC names
Hi all I want to get a list of ODBC connections, and then pick one - the point is, that the connection I am looking for might be spelled differently (e.g. with space). So with a list I can find it eaily. Any suggestions? Sonnich The ODBC connections i a workbook are the queries you created. the appear in the workbook names. So you can search through the names. Youcan see the named in one of two palces 1) Insert Name define 2) File Property custom You can also find all the queries in a workbook and then look at the conenction property. for each sht in sheets for ...

Mutual Fund Names and Stock Names displayed on multiple lines
In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manager, Group by Investment Type, the same mutual fund is incorrectly listed on multiple lines. And, if I move the cursor over different lines, the names sometime change. The mkt values appear correct, but the fund names are all messed up. Is there an update or service pack ready yet to fix this and/or other problems? -- Greg Have the same problem with money 2005 canadian version the Symbol,Name,Last Price and %Change change to the line the cursor was on before all else stay the same. Rudolf "Greg" wrote: > In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manage...

FORMULA #2
Hi I am having difficulty in entering a formula i have created a time sheet and am using TExt to check the differnce between cells / times this is fine but when i leave a cell blank it gives me the error code #value! and this messes up my total box can i change the #value! to be seen as 0 any help will be appreciated Hi Brian Try: =IF(ISERROR(YourFormula),0,YourFormula) -- Best Regards Leo Heuser MVP Excel Followup to newsgroup only, please. "BRIAN" <BRYPOPS@YAHOO.COM> skrev i en meddelelse news:019001c349da$03143520$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > I am having dif...

store name on z report
hi every body any one knows how to add the store name to the z report using receipt format xml thanks -- maher almasri This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0151_01CB1476.D576A4D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable maher, Change the Logo section to this, = =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D Logo = =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D --> =20 <PICTURE> ...

excel database 25,000 plus names
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 If this is just a datastore, then yes, it is better in Access and wh...

Concatenating cell values to create sheet names
I would like to concatenate cell values to create a name that corresponds to a worksheet name and then use that in a formula. Does anyone know how to do this? You can use: =a1&a2 to concatenate a couple of cells. To refer to that in another formula, you'd need something like: =indirect("'" & a1&a2 &"'!A1") or if there's a chance your concatenated string refers to a non-existing worksheet and you want to avoid a #ref! error, you can check first: =IF(ISERROR(CELL("address",INDIRECT("'"&A1&A2&"&#...

Uniquely Identify Data for Charting with a List Box
Gang, The Internet is a great thing. I found a charting example that does nearly every thing I want to do. Amazingly enough, I was able to figure out how the thing works! The chart is fairly simple. It is a X*Y line chart with 2 series. I found the chart here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - The chart is called "ChartAgainstStandard.zip." One of the 2 series plotted is a "standard" and the other changes based on the selection made in the drop down list. Amazingly enough, I was able to follow the thing completely and I would like ...

Unable to add Exchange DNS name to Recipient Policy
Hi there We recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 from 2000, and I noticed that an entry in the default recipient policy - @servername.domainname - which in turn stamps each user account with a username@servername.domainname address, was missing. On trying to add the rule to the policy again, we get this error:- This domain address cannot be used for a recipient policy because it matches the name of an Exchange server. ID no: c1031340 Exchange System Manager We need the @servername.domainname address to be configured for each user as our workflow system uses this to skip our Linux serve...

Msoft 'onecarescan' finds 2 high 1 medium .. but NO fix
Ive run the Microsoft One Care Scan . its reporting 3 issues it 'cannot' fix Browser modifier win32/BaiduSobar trojanDownloader Win32/QQHelper.KA these 2 are showing a path to a received file ha_winvideocapture_jy.exe (which I can see in the rx file file list ) Program Win32/ PigSerch is also found As far as I know , the exe file has not been run (by me) ..looking on the web seems there is no simple way to remove these from the pc ? AVG dose not report the file or the pigserch ... Q whats the best path to take .. I have d...

Why are layout guides double lines (pink & blue)?
It looks like the pink line is the real guide. It is set the margins at .5", the pink line is .5" from the edge. What the purpopse of the blue line that appears to be aboutr 3/32" inside the pink one? -- Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195) LurfysMa wrote: > It looks like the pink line is the real guide. It is set the margins > at .5", the pink line is .5" from the edge. > > What the purpopse of the blue line that appears to be aboutr 3/32" > inside the pink one? Yes, I've always wondered about these double l...

Copying file names and not the actual file
I have a folder in Excel which contains about 500 files with different file names refering to a different client: e.g. "Proforma Bill Smith-GS010203" "proforma John Smith- CS010302" I am currently tying to set up an Excel spreadsheet and would like to copy just the file names into the spreadsheet - not the actual file. I have been trying to copy and paste, just the file titles and had no luck, as excel only wants to copy the file. In Excel you can "Copy" and "Paste Special" if you want to just copy the values, and I wondered whether you could do ...

CRM 3 SO slow after applying update rollup 2
We have been using CRM 3 for over a year. I found it to be slow, but we lived with it. I applied UR 2 to our CRM server. I open the CRM client to our contact list (we only have 4500 contacts in total) and it takes 4 minutes til the first 250 contacts are displayed. UR 2 cannot be uninstalled. WhY does this make things worse instead of better? We barely have any data in CRM (database is only 230mb) so why is it soooooooo slow?! ...

Oe removes attachments #2
I cannot receive any attachments because oe automatically removes them. How do I change the setting? Thank you in advance. In a previous post muttered the following: > > I cannot receive any attachments because oe automatically removes them. How > do I change the setting? > > Thank you in advance. > > Tools > Options > Security Remove the tick from the "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" box. Hope you've got good anti-virus software :) -- Regards, Catsworth In OE click Tools - Op...

out of memory #2
When I try to open a PDF attachement I receive the message "OUT OF MEMORY OR SYSTEM RESOURCES. CLOSE SOME WINDOWS OR PROGRAMS AND TRY AGAIN". This is the only program or window I have open (othen then antivirus progam) I double click on the attachement - the next menu comes up and ask if I want to SAVE or OPEN - I click on OPEN and that is when the message appears. Please advise. Thanks - DJ ...

Removing Spaces from Text #2
Thanks Andy! It worked like a dream. Satyajit Thanks for the feedback! -- Andy. "Satyajit Bhagwat" <satyajit@team-infinity.com> wrote in message news:ep9WdFJdEHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Thanks Andy! > > It worked like a dream. > > Satyajit > > ...

Stock Bar Charts
how do I add the "open" to a stock bar chart in Excel? In the OHLC type candlestick charts, Open and Close define the top and bottom of the up-down bars. Excel doesn't offer the commonly used left-tick for open, just the right tick for close. I have one technique to simulate this on my web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StockChartLeftTickOpen.html and I have since developed a much easier technique, which I have yet to write up. Sometime soon, perhaps. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http...

Limit lines in XY scatter chart
I have a chart that is XY (scatter) that I need to put limit lines on. I want to put a colored line at 1% and -1%. Can this be done? Thanks Hi, There are various ways of addressing this problem. See the following for examples of adding lines to charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Cygnusx1 wrote: > I have a chart that is XY (scatter) that I need to put limit lines on. I want > to put a colored line at 1% and -1%. Can this be done? > Than...

displaying a comment only when the cell is selected #2
I'd like to insert a comment in a certain cell, so that when that cell is selected by a user, the comment is then displayed. I know this must be possible, but I haven't been able to figure it out.... I can show or hide comments in various combinations, but can't find a way to hide the comment UNTIL the cell is selected, and then display it. How do I do this please?! Thanks Hi Jeff, Try: Tools Options | View tab | select 'Comment indicator only" | OK --- Regards, Norman "Jeff" <no_em@ilplea.se> wrote in message news:JdidnecOi7ehGVbfRVnyhg@eclip...

Lines in Publisher does not print in same position as on screen
On inserting a house plan (TIF) and wanting to draw grid lines (using the line tool) on the outside walls, it shows 100% correct on screen but when I print it is as if the line spacing has changed and is not on the outside lines for the walls anymore. Anybody experienced this problem? Thanks Carel Put the .tif on the background and draw the lines on the publication page. Does this help? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Carel" <Carel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EAC19E7-4E72-43E4-BE46-98944FFDB8FE@microsoft.com... > On inserting a house pl...

Citrix and Great Plains #2
Hello Everyone, I Have Citrix PS 4 Running on Win 2003 Enterrprise with Great plains client 8.00g44. My clients connects using Web interface. Every thing works fine and all of a sudden my clinets stops connecting to the server. When I checked the server event viewer posts the following error which is listed below. Your Earliest response to the query will be appreciated. Thanks Event Type: Error Event Source: Dexterity Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 20/01/07 Time: 12:13:29 PM User: N/A Computer: MYCITRIX Description: The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Dext...

Last Cell #2
I know this has been asked before but I cant find what I want on Google. I need to get the address or row number of the first empty cell in column A, either will do, I need to use VB to copy and paste data from ten sheets into one. A formula or a VB way would be great, anyway of identifying the first empty cell. This cell may be empty or contain a null string. Any help would be reaaly good. TIA Alan. to find the last row x=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row+1 to find the next empty x=cells(1,1).end(xldown).row ' or address -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com &...