Jon Peltier - Pivot Table Result for yesterday's "Complex Chart" Question

Jon,

How would you do this with a Pivot Table?   I'm not a Pivot Table novice and
I just can't envision how this one would be done.

Thanks,
Barb

0
breinhardt (272)

Hi Barb -

I didn't see this question at first, but I responded in the original thread. I
didn't try to replicate the OP's one column setup from his first post, because it
didn't match the more logical arrangement in his post in the other forum.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Barb Reinhardt wrote:

> Jon,
>
> How would you do this with a Pivot Table?   I'm not a Pivot Table novice and
> I just can't envision how this one would be done.
>
> Thanks,
> Barb

Thanks for the info!   I'll have to play with this some more when I have
some time to really figure it out.   I can see that I've just scratched the
surface on pivot table usage.

"Jon Peltier" <jonREMOVExlmvp@peltierCAPStech.com> wrote in message
> Hi Barb -
>
> I didn't see this question at first, but I responded in the original
thread. I
> didn't try to replicate the OP's one column setup from his first post,
because it
> didn't match the more logical arrangement in his post in the other forum.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>
> Barb Reinhardt wrote:
>
> > Jon,
> >
> > How would you do this with a Pivot Table?   I'm not a Pivot Table novice
and
> > I just can't envision how this one would be done.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Barb

0
breinhardt (272)
12/7/2004 6:17:22 PM
Barb -

The only way to become adept with pivot tables is to keep playing with them, abusing
them, trying different arrangements. Half of what I know about them I've learned by
accident.

Recently I started using VBA to manipulate pivot tables and to establish pivot table
data ranges for regular charts. This has really jumped me a step or two further
along with these fun little tools.

- Jon
-------

Barb Reinhardt wrote:

> Thanks for the info!   I'll have to play with this some more when I have
> some time to really figure it out.   I can see that I've just scratched the
> surface on pivot table usage.
>
> "Jon Peltier" <jonREMOVExlmvp@peltierCAPStech.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hi Barb -
>>
>>I didn't see this question at first, but I responded in the original
>
> thread. I
>
>>didn't try to replicate the OP's one column setup from his first post,
>
> because it
>
>>didn't match the more logical arrangement in his post in the other forum.
>>
>>- Jon
>>-------
>>Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>>Peltier Technical Services
>>Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>>http://PeltierTech.com/
>>_______
>>
>>Barb Reinhardt wrote:
>>

>>>Jon,
>>>
>>>How would you do this with a Pivot Table?   I'm not a Pivot Table novice
>
> and
>
>>>I just can't envision how this one would be done.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Barb

Complex Chart (was Superimposing Charts)
Hi, Following on from my previous posting... I have a data set Fruit, consisting of: Apple, Pear, Peach. I have a variable, but known number of each fruit (eg, 100 apples, 50 pears, 40 peaches). Each individual fruit is graded 1-3, so of the 100 apples, I might have 45 grade 1, 25 grade 2 and 30 grade 3 and so on for each fruit. Again, the quantity of each grade is variable but known. I also have a total value for each type of fruit (eg, the 100 apples are worth £150, the 50 pears are worth £100 and the 40 peaches are worth £40) What I am after is a chart with a horizonta...

complex chart
Hi! I have the table below, containing 2 Y-values per X-value, i.e. a minimum value and a maximum value for every period (X-axis). There are 6 periods. values from different series can overlap. What is the best way (graph type) to present this table? I guess some tricks should be involved. 1975/1980 1981/1985 1986/1990 a 2500 2700 2700 2900 2900 3000 b 2500 2700 2700 3000 2900 3000 c 2500 2700 2700 2900 3000 3200 d 2800 3000 3000 3100 3200 3500 e 2800 3000 3000 3100 3500 3700 f 2500 2700 2700 3000 3200 3500 g 2500 2700 2700 3000 3200 3400 h 3000 3200 3300 3500 3500 4000 i 3000 3200 3...

Jon Peltier
Jon, How would you do this with a Pivot Table? I'm not a Pivot Table novice and I just can't envision how this one would be done. Thanks, Barb Hi Barb - I didn't see this question at first, but I responded in the original thread. I didn't try to replicate the OP's one column setup from his first post, because it didn't match the more logical arrangement in his post in the other forum. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Barb Reinhardt wrote: > Jon, > ...

Very complex chart !
Hi everyone, I have a data table like this: Jan Feb March Actual EUR Vol Actual USD Vol(in EUR) Plan EUR Vol Plan USD VOL (in EUR) The management wants to see its chart this way: First bar,2 colors for EUR&USD Actuals Second bar,2 colors for EUR&USD Plan I am stuck! Please help! Hande - There are links on this page which will help with your chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ ...

Want to combine columns and horizontal lines in complex chart
Hello All, I want to create a complex chart that has 13 pairs of vertical columns representing before and after school attendance for 13 schools. I want to superimpose 13 sets of 5 horizontal lines that represent attendance thresholds for each school. The source for the position of the lines comes from columns SCR$, UpperU, UpperA, Optimal, LowerA and LowerU. The source of data for the columns comes from the columns Base and New. Here is a chart of how my data is imported - I can of course, manipulate that import or transpose it if necessary. SchoolNum SCR$ UpperU UpperA Optimal LowerA ...