Is there a posibbility to change/modify the Legends

Could we customise the Chart legends without changing the Data Series ?
0
Ash1 (33)

Hi,

No, the legend and data series will display the same formatting.
Depending on the chart type you could add extra data series with no
actual data. Format the legend entries as required and then delete the
legend entries of the actual data.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> No, the legend and data series will display the same formatting.
> Depending on the chart type you could add extra data series with no
> actual data. Format the legend entries as required and then delete the
> legend entries of the actual data.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Ash wrote:
> > Could we customise the Chart legends without changing the Data Series ?
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
MikePunko (14)

Changing margins on different pages in document templates.
I was wondering how you change the margins for different pages in a template. Specifically, my firm is using a letterhead for the first page but blank pages after that so the header and footer margins on the first page ONLY must be larger than normal, while the following pages are fine with default settings for the margins. How do you do this and save it as a template? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm, especially the "More complex letterhead" section. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://wo...

Changing formula in multiple cells or range simultaneously
I am trying to change the value in multiple cells in a large worksheet simultaneuously. I want to identify the range and then adjust the formula in the entire range. Is there a way that I can highlight the range and then change to formula in each, simultaneously? For example, if I wanted to double the value in the entire range, how would I do this? Thanks, Michael You could put 2 in an empty cell. Copy it Edit|Paste special|click on Multiply under the operation section. Then clear out that 2. But it really depends on what kind of change you're making. If you wanted to ad...

changing from outlook 2000 to outlook xp
i just bought a new computer and want to move all my outlook 2000 personal folders from my old computer--to my new computer which is running outlook xp. What's the best way to do this? thanks, Sammy http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer sammy russo <sammy@aorafting.com> asked: | i just bought a new computer and want to move all my | outlook 2000 personal folders from my old computer--to my | new computer which is runnin...

Best way to change style of a table
I have a table I added via VBA like this: set oTable = ActivePresentation.Slides("mySlide").Shapes.AddTable(...) I then add some cells to it by: oTable.Cell(...).Shape.TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "some text" However, I cannot get a handle on these cells to update the font, fill, etc. What is the best way to do this? On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:01:01 -0500, Clifton Ivey <clifton ivey <"africom.mil>"> wrote: > I have a table I added via VBA like this: > > set oTable = ActivePresentation.Slides("mySlide").Shapes.AddTa...

Change the Default Language Setting
Is it possible to set the language to 'English (Australia)' so it will be the default across all office applications? I keep having to change it manually in outlook at the moment. ...

"change order form"
Does anyone have a change order template that I can review? ...

Hyperlink Changed
The local power company had a problem last week. The power nearly went off and came back rapidly several times. I have a spreadsheet with a lot of hyperlinks to other files. After the power fluctuations the hyperlinks have the wrong path names to the files. The file names are all correct, but the path to them are all wrong. Is there a way to restore the proper path name in mass, or must I correct each and every one? The wrong path names are all the same. Does anyone know how this could have happened in the first place? ...

why cant i change font
i select all the text in a textbox and try to apply a font. nothing happens. that's the case with 4/5 fonts, only a few work. the same appears in both publisher 2003 and 2007. Are you creating a web page? Publisher will show 11 or so fonts when you are creating web pages. To use all the fonts, on the toolbar, Format, Font, uncheck Show only Web fonts. If above is not the issue, are you getting an error? -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ayudameconpublisher" <ayudameconpublisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BE1262A-A70B-4...

Date Changes to 01/00/00 when i enter any date.
Using XL2003, I have a problem. When i enter a date in cell, such as 08/25/10, or use the shortcut Ctrl ;, XL displays 01/00/00 in the cell instead. I have formatted the cell as a date. What can I do to fix this problem? Thank you so much. Tonso ...

How to change Marketing list member "All members" to "Active membe
How to change Marketing list member "All members" to "Active members" in CRM 4.0? Any help is appreciated. I have used the following code giving object required error code: /************************************************************** * Change the default view of the Marketing List Members (Account) **************************************************************/ if (crmForm.all.createdfromcode.DataValue == 1) { if (crmForm.FormType != 1 && crmForm.FormType != 5 && crmForm.FormType != 6) { /************************************************************** ...

changing report headings names
I would like to give the user the option of changing the report heading names, I can do this with the Docmd.openreport, stdocname, acviewdesign,,,achidden and then grab the current heading and display that heading and allow the user to change it. I then do a docmd.close acreport, stdocname, acSaveYes, this works just fine when I test but when I compile the program into a mde it doesn't like the it. Is there another way of doing this? Thanks for any help. Tom you can write the current heading names to a table, making sure the table holds only one record. add the table to the quer...

Change of public IP for fighting spam
Hi, If I ask my dns registor to change my ip to another public ip. Is this going to help us fight spam? Is there's a risk of not getting email? Example old: www.company.com = 60.1.1.1 Examble new: www.company.com = 60.1.1.5 By the way, I noticed that most big companies cannot be ping anymore. Is this advisable too? Thanks, Ricky On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:06:02 -0700, RickyVene <RickyVene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >If I ask my dns registor to change my ip to another public ip. Is this >going to help us fight spam? Is there's a ris...

Using formulas to modify pivot table values
Is there a way to modify the output of the data in the body of a pivot table to be included in a calculaton. Of course this can be done post pivot table creation but I would like to do it in one go. I need to divide all the counted values in the body of the pivot table by a cell value, which is different for each row of the pivot table. Help would be much appreciated. --- Chris I don't think so. Maybe you could add an extra column and do your calculation against that (and include it in the pivottable). Or copy the pivottable and convert to values and do what you want. geechr wro...

Outlooks "Incoming mail (POP3)" keeps changing to "local"
Hi everyone, I have a question on Outlook 2000, every few days my account setting for the "Incoming mail (POP3)" change from the mail server I have specified to "local" and the mailServer then gets added to the "Account name" /meMailServerName Any ideas on why is it doing this, and can I stop it from doing this, cause each time it does, I have to manually change it back to original setting so I can get my mail. Shawn This is your antivirus software, most likely (or antispam software). Outlook doesn't do this. Check with the mfr. to see if they have an...

Help, please: sorting the Legend
I'm lucky if I use 10% of the power of Excel. I would be grateful for advice. Ten salesmen on a team. At the end of each month, their cumulative totals for the year are updated. The spreadsheet gets re-sorted, showing their standing in rank order. Simple enough. At the beginning of the year, I created a line chart to track each person's progress. I initially listed the names in alphabetical order and defined the series accordingly. The problem comes when I do the end of the month re-sort. The names in the Legend are no longer in alphabetical order but neither do they correctly corres...

rule
There is a nice rule at outlook express so that messages from certain poeple are in different colors. Why there is not such rule at Outlook 2003? There is and it's even better! See; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/coloremail.htm and http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/coloremailadvanced.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "constantinos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B1EAC31-909A-4088-97EB-BD6A97A71EC0@microsoft.com.....

How do I change reply to or senders address
How do I change the Reply to: email address or the sender’s address? My infrastructure consists of: 1 – Windows 2003 AD box 1 – Exchange 2003 box Many – Outlook 2003 email clients. Is there a way to change the senders email address, example; An email note that’s generated by joe in the domain test.foo.com (joe@test.foo.com) can this address be changed in some setting in either Exchange or Outlook, so that the recipient of the note sees the senders address as joe@foo.com? The Outlook clients are configured for an Exchange connection. On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:03:46 -0800, HMR <HMR@discu...

word doc lost all changes

Change what populates subject line when send pdf report in email
When I choose to send my POP Purchase Order Blank Form to a mail recipient (pdf), information is populating the subject line and body of my e-mail by default. Specifically the name of the report is populating the subject line. Is there a way to change this? I would rather see the PO number populating that field. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggest...

Changes to Calculation Formula
When I asked the following on the 5th:- Is there a way of permanently arranging in col. H that the result of the amount in col. D plus amount in col.E less the amount in col.F is automatically shown once the entries in cols. D, E & F have been made. I was given the following formula by Max of Singapore:- =IF(COUNTBLANK(D2:F2)<>0,"",SUM(D2:E2)-F2) My question now is:- how does one change the formula to accommodate other calculation e.g what is the formula for the following:-H3 = H2 plus E3 minus D3. I have many other worksheets some of which contain many columns of figu...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

modify macro
Hi everyone I'm VBA dumb so please bear with me. I have a macro that inserts a row at the selection and then I want it to copy the cell below the selection and paste into the new row's cell. Here's what's in the macro now Selection.EntireRow.Inser Range("D23").Selec Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("D22:D23"), Type:=xlFillCop Range("D22:D23").Selec When I run the macro, a row is inserted above the cursor's location (no matter where it's placed) but the AutoFill is always to D23. My question is how do I get the cod...

item # format changes to Date when data is retrieved in SSMS
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CA945B.2EF4A440 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable GP 10 SP3 , SQL 2005 SP2 Our Item Number format in GP-Inventory is 00-00-0000. When I run smart = list and export the data to Excel, works fine. But I run a query in SSMS: about 253 items out of 14,000 get listed as = date format; means 01/11/2010 Any idea why is this happening ? ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CA945B.2EF4A440 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Con...

Modifying Account Overview problem
I have been following the instructions in the book Working with MS Dynamics 3.0 for modifying the Account Overview report. I try to edit the ds_BasicProfile SQL statement to include facct.numberofemployees, immediately after SELECT. When I put the field in the Basic Information section, the subreport won't run. (After importing it back into CRM). If the field isn't displayed, all is ok. See below for the beginning portion of the statement. Also, when I click on the Generic Query Designer, I get this error: The Declare cursor SQL construct or statement is not supported. Any...

Outlook Change Account Problem
The one is driving me nuts. When I set up another Pop3 account, the user information I entered, (specifically: Your Name) was entered incorrectly. I had tested it with the test function button and it worked just fine; both user name and address were sent through. I even sent an e-mail from that account to another, still OK. OK, so now I want to correct the name, but Outlook refuses to change it. I have tried deleting that account, all accounts, and deleting associated registry entries for that account, etc. No dice. The old name still appears in the message. Is there some hidden setti...