Is there a 'format painter' equivalent to use on many charts?

I'm trying to format a group of charts (roughly 40) so that they all have the
same formatting (font sizes, colors, alignment, etc.).  Is there an easy way
to do this without having to change every axis and background on every chart?

I've tried the trick where you change something on one chart, click on
another, and press F4, but it was formatting all text on the chart in the
same way.  I'm looking to have different fonts for the title, labels, and
axis.

Thanks!
0
mark564 (750)

Copy the chart area of one chart, select another, and use Paste Special to
paste the formats. Note that this paste not just formats, but also the text
contents of chart and axis titles and data labels.

If you use the F4 key, you have to select the same chart element. Formatting
the font properties of the Chart Area will affect all fonts in the chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Chris Mark" <Chris Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to format a group of charts (roughly 40) so that they all have
> the
> same formatting (font sizes, colors, alignment, etc.).  Is there an easy
> way
> to do this without having to change every axis and background on every
> chart?
>

> I've tried the trick where you change something on one chart, click on
> another, and press F4, but it was formatting all text on the chart in the
> same way.  I'm looking to have different fonts for the title, labels, and
> axis.
>
> Thanks!

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
9/3/2008 5:06:42 PM
Thanks!  That will save me a lot of time

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Copy the chart area of one chart, select another, and use Paste Special to
> paste the formats. Note that this paste not just formats, but also the text
> contents of chart and axis titles and data labels.
>
> If you use the F4 key, you have to select the same chart element. Formatting
> the font properties of the Chart Area will affect all fonts in the chart.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "Chris Mark" <Chris Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to format a group of charts (roughly 40) so that they all have
> > the
> > same formatting (font sizes, colors, alignment, etc.).  Is there an easy
> > way
> > to do this without having to change every axis and background on every
> > chart?
> >

> > I've tried the trick where you change something on one chart, click on
> > another, and press F4, but it was formatting all text on the chart in the
> > same way.  I'm looking to have different fonts for the title, labels, and
> > axis.
> >
> > Thanks!

0
ChrisMark (1)

How to select series in chart?

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Multiple stacked bar charts

transparent areas in charts?

printing 2 charts on single page

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Fractions Number format

how many receivers i can add

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Using INDIRECT within functions

Date format 04-11-06

How to use count for calls per hour

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

Formatting in CSV
Hi I create a Comma Separated Value file (csv) from my VB application, then open that file with Excel. Excel recognises the commas, and splits the records into separate fields as expected. Can I set properties for rows or columns or cells ? Like bolding, or font size, etc. Thanks Robert -- RobertLees ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RobertLees's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26580 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486488 Yes. Even though the .csv file contains no fo...