Inserting a 'Standard'

Hello Wizards

I've got my bar or line graph.  Is there a clean way to place a 'standard'
or 'goal' line on the graph.  i.e. if I want the goal to be 18.7 can I get
that to be a horizontal line that stands out.

TIA !
Sam

Would using the drawing toolbar to manually insert a line, possibly with some
descriptive text, work?

"Metolius Dad" wrote:

> Hello Wizards
>
> I've got my bar or line graph.  Is there a clean way to place a 'standard'
> or 'goal' line on the graph.  i.e. if I want the goal to be 18.7 can I get
> that to be a horizontal line that stands out.
>
> TIA !
> Sam
0
PeterEllis (34)
2/15/2006 7:57:27 PM
see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineHorzSeries.html
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Metolius Dad" <MetoliusDad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Wizards
>
> I've got my bar or line graph.  Is there a clean way to place a 'standard'
> or 'goal' line on the graph.  i.e. if I want the goal to be 18.7 can I get
> that to be a horizontal line that stands out.
>
> TIA !
> Sam

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
2/15/2006 8:11:01 PM
The technique Bernard suggested uses a data series, which is not subject to
moving randomly the way a drawing object will do.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Peter Ellis" <PeterEllis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Would using the drawing toolbar to manually insert a line, possibly with
> some
> descriptive text, work?
>

> "Metolius Dad" wrote:
>
>> Hello Wizards
>>
>> I've got my bar or line graph.  Is there a clean way to place a
>> 'standard'
>> or 'goal' line on the graph.  i.e. if I want the goal to be 18.7 can I
>> get
>> that to be a horizontal line that stands out.
>>
>> TIA !
>> Sam

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

How to create a keyboard shortcut to insert a textbox??
Version: 2008 How do you make a keyboard shortcut in order to insert a text box? I know how to insert keyboard shortcuts, its just I cant find textbox.. It's called DrawInsertTextbox and it's in the All Commands list. On 1/03/10 7:48 AM, in article 59bb39aa.0@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "browas02@officeformac.com" <browas02@officeformac.com> wrote: > I know how to insert keyboard shortcuts, its just I cant find textbox.. This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless you intend to pay! -- John McGhie, Mic...

How to insert a range of forms with same data?
I've got a database that we use to track our documents through our office, serialized with a simple auto-generated number field and occasionally we need to assign a block of numbers to another department. So, a functionality we want to incorporate is basically, have a button to a macro that will pop up a box with fields where we can input the range of serials, enter a string into the 'subject' field (e.g. "assigned to ... ") and have a yes/no check box on the form checked, then click 'ok' or whatever and have a group of records created with that range and d...

why cut and insert cells only works randomly?
It seems that cutting and inserting cells in the spreadsheet, errors every other time and locks the excell spread sheet... Hi Tony, You'll have to be more specific, but you might find the answers to such problems as inserting rows, using OFFSET with formulas. And you will probably find why extending formulas and does not work for you. -- if any of those are the problem. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm I don't know what you mean by locking the sheet, have you turned on sheet protection or have merged cells in your copy.. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft...

Error Approving Timesheets BP 3.0
When trying to approve a timesheet through BP 3.0 (minus PDK) we see error "[Cause]The database transaction has aborted due to inconsistent database operation. [Correction]Correct the data entered and retry the transaction." Troubleshooting led us to discover that the PA01221 table didn't have 13 pay periods for 2007 for a project that was on the timesheet. I manually added the missing pay periods to PA01221 and the timesheet was approved. Further investigation led to finding 31 other projects that have this problem. Any one know of an automated resolution to this problem...

Disable print from standard toolbar button
Hi Folks, I have a workbook where I want users to be able to print only from the print controls I have on the worksheets. I have disabled all the print controls using: Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Dim Ctrl As Office.CommandBarControl For Each Ctrl In Application.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=4) 'print Ctrl.Enabled = False Next Ctrl End Sub However, the print button on the standard toolbar is still active. How do I disable this too? Thanks, Scott This can be done in with one line of code instead of two. Two lines, may be more informative? ...

XML Functionality in Excel Office 2003 Standard
Hi, I would like to be able to use the XML support that is available with Microsoft Office Excel 2003 , however I am having some problems. The install of Excel 2003 at my company seems to be part of the Office Standard package, which this document states doesn't have the required functionality: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa203739(office.11).aspx Using the Excel 2003 XML Tools Add-in Version 1.1 However many other articles make no mention of this dependency, which I think is unfair: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa192869(office.11).aspx http://office.micr...

How do I scan and insert into Outlook 2007?
I want to insert a scanned directly into OL7. It does not seem to be an option in the insert menu to scan. A scanned what? State what you want to do in clear terms. -- Russ Valentine "John Hayden" <JohnHayden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FC3B7E6-F179-42B2-A32D-99CBD7E9027F@microsoft.com... >I want to insert a scanned directly into OL7. It does not seem to be an > option in the insert menu to scan. John Hayden wrote: > I want to insert a scanned directly into OL7. It does not seem to be an > option in the insert menu to ...

Inserting an object (file) from a different workbook
Hi, I'm inserting an object file (Pivot Chart) from a different workbook which has many worksheets. When I locate the workbook in assigning the object it will only insert the first worksheet tab of that workbook. Is there a way to insert an object from the 3rd worksheet tab (as an example; PivotChart3) instead of having to move the 3rd worksheet tab to the front of the workbook, therefore making PivotChart3 the first worksheet? This is what I'm currently doing as a workaround but it seems silly not to be able to locate an object from one of the many worksheet tabs...

insert xml data into sql server?
i need to insert data from an xml file into sql server table. the xml file contains only one record. how to insert the data? how to map the names of the fields in the xml file and the table? thank you in advance. Assuming you're using SQL Server 2000, you could use SQLXML 3.0 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4C8033A9-CF10-4E22 -8004-477098A407AC&displaylang=en). There's a couple of ways you could do this. The first is to annotate a schema and use the SQLXMLBULKLOAD component - this is a COM-based component that can be used to import XML into SQL Server ...

Cannot insert object
Hi Al I have Excel 2000, (9.0.2812). I want to add a command button to a blank sheet, so ... 1. View, Toolbars, Control Toolbox 2. Select the Command Button 3. Draw the button on the blank sheet 4. Pop-up dialog says "Cannot insert object" I've done this thousands of times before without a problem, can't seem to find anything about it in Microsoft's Knowledgebase, so wondered if it was an SP3 issue Anyone else seen this Thanks in advance Luiz ( from Brasil ...

Inserting rows in multiple sheets
Hey guys, Im trying to find out if Excel has a feature were if I have say 5 sheets in one workbook file and I inserted a row in one of the sheets that in the other 4 sheets a row would automatically be inserted in the same place? If you select all 5 worksheet tabs and insert a row in one, it wil insert it into all of them. Be careful to unselece them again befor continuing, since it will do the same thing if you enter data into on (enters into all). -- kkkni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkknie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.p...

inserting comments on protected cells
I have a multiuser spreadsheet and like to turn on the protection to protect locked cells. I leave certain cells unlocked for them to put in values but it won't let them insert comments. Is there anyway to protect my worksheet but still let users insert comments into unlocked cells? Ian, when you protect the sheet check allow users to edit objects -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Ian" <Ian@discuss...

Insert multiple html files into one Word doc
I'm using Word XP. I have a number of folders with html files inside. I need to insert hte html files into a word document. The html files are named using letters and a sequential numbering sequence. I don't want to use the File > Insert dialog for each insertion. Is there a way to automate this task? Ideally, I'd like to invoke a command that would insert all the html files in a folder into one document. Thanking you in advance for your sugestions ... <*(((>< Fishy Lives! ...

Removing words from the standard dictionary
I'm the sort of person who spells role as r´┐Żle and I've often wondered if a mechanism exists to remove the word "role" from the standard dictionary, or perhaps override it somehow, with my preferred spelling. Similarly, I never find a use for the word "poser" in my business communications, but frequently type it in place of "power", with unfortunate consequences. So I'd remove "poser" from the dictionary as well. Is there hope for me, and my Office 2003? -- Steve Swift http://www.ringers.org.uk (Personal Webpage) http://hedgeh...

Cash Flow Forecast
In Bills and Deposits I set up two non re-occurring transfer from Checking Account to Credit Card Account transactions each month, one for the actual balance due at the end of the current month, and the second for an estimated (different) amount due in the following month. For each of the two transactions above, the Cash Flow Forecast shows two transactions: Date Payee Account Amount Balance 100.00 (ex starting balance) 30/06/04 Credit Card Credit Card 100.00 200.00 30/06/04 Credit Card Checkin...

Outlook music insert
...and if there is no way of sending MP3 is there another compact format that is easy to send in a message? debbieman wrote: > ..and if there is no way of sending MP3 is there another > compact format that is easy to send in a message? You can certainly send an mp3 as an attachment as long as it is under the size that your ISP (normally) sets for attachments..... ...

insert interactive checkbox
Is there a way to insert an interactive checkbox into Word? I have a table in which I would like to insert a checkbox, so that a recipient can click it on and off. Is this possible? The only kind of check box that can be checked or unchecked with a single click is a check box form field, which requires that the entire document (or at least a specific section) be protected for forms. For a check box that can be turned on or off with a double click, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, A...

Insert a column in GANTT view to have link to Workspace
Personally, I am not a fan of the Project Workspace list taking up so much space and cluttering up the default homepage for PWA users. I was wondering, if we could add a column in the GANTT view of the Project Center and have users be able to click on the correct row to access the workspace instead? Any tips much appreciated. Hi Kahuna, In the Home page of PWA you can remove the Project Workspaces WebPart, and create a new page dedicted to this Project Workspaces WebPart. On the other hand, when your users are in Project Pro, the Collaborate menu can lead them to the Issues, ...

Owner Draw Listbox
I've derived from CListbox, set all the construction parameters using the resource editor etc etc char m_cOut[2048]; void CGridtempDlg::OnButton1() { char cOut[2048]; strcpy(cOut, ("Rate|Start Date|End Date"); strcpy(m_cOut, "18.8|13/09/04|18/12/22"); m_lst.AddString(cOut); //fails (or garbage) m_lst.AddString(m_cOut); //OK m_lst.AddString("19.9|19/12/04|"); //OK } Do I need to override a CListBox function? This all works if my control is a CListBox (but I have to switch off the ownerdraw property to make it compile...) Many thanks... ...

Insert a figure waf. IF statement
Hi I wonder if it is some possibility to insert a figure/clip art o picture with the aid of a IF statement? I use Excel 2003. example If the person is higher at the list this time then last, insert i gree arrow... best regards Run -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi only possible with VBA. If you're happy with a hyperlink this could be achieved with IF and HYPERLINK -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi > I wonder if it is some possibility to insert a figure/clip art or > picture with the aid of a IF statement? > I use Excel 2003. > > exam...

Analytical Accounting activate fails with null insert
I'm trying (once again) to install Analytical Accounting on our test server. Our test box is at 9.0, SP4. I installed the software & created the default records for AA. I began the activation process, and after about 30 minutes an error dialog came up: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'aaSubLedgerHdrID', table 'HDA.dbo.AAG20001', column does not allow nulls INSERT fails. After clicking past the error dialog, another dialog came up that said 'Installation of AA failed - please restore last backup'. When I clicked on 'OK', the screen went ...

ms publisher 2003 inserting graphic from the web
Have insall at work ms publisher and office 2000, now upgraded to 2003, in pub 2000 used to select insert graphic and options for access from web brought you to ms gallery page. In 2003, no dropdown menu shows the internet option. Have I lost my mind? or is it specific to the install on our mainframe. HELP. Need my graphics -- bruceL If you're talking about clipart, just search for whatever and it will automatically search the MS website. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Bruce" <Bruce@d...

merging list with standard range
I am trying to make a spreadsheet that contains a column of department with identical formulas in the remaining columns. since i am using th deparment code, the formulas will look up the information i nee elsewhere. ie: 332000 BIRTHING CENTER Item 1 82.14 80.77 332000 BIRTHING CENTER Item 2 69.64 69.23 332000 BIRTHING CENTER Item 3 62.50 61.54 346000 CHILDREN'S CENTER Item 1 #N/A #N/A 346000 CHILDREN'S CENTER Item 2 #N/A #N/A 346000 CHILDREN'S CENTER Item 3 #N/A #N/A I can create this by copying and pasting the formulas and the replacing the department code one by one. ho...

have purchase orders pull costs from standard cost
When entering a purchase order, I would much appreciate if the standard cost was used for the item cost rather than the last invoice cost (or "originating invoice cost"). When entering a po for a new vendor, prices currently come up as 0 because their was not a previous invoice. Also, vendors have specials and price increases, so costs can't be guaranteed to remain the same every time an item is ordered. All of our costs are adjusted in the standard cost field, this way if there is an increase or a sale, one would only have to change it there every time. It would certa...

SBS 2008 standard outgoing fax busy signal retry fail
I have installed a brand new SBS 2008 stnd server with a Mainpine Iq express 2 port Fax Board. I rcv faxes with no problems. However when I send i get Line Busy. I have had the lines tested. ( Mainpine suggestion ) as they thought it may be noisey line. however Fax machines this would replace work fine on same line. Phone company tested lines and they are clean. I have had Main pine login and install the latest firmware. This also did not resolve issue. I have also removed this card and installed it in My sbs2003 and it works with no issue. (same server hardware) I have looked on...