Insert text in Chart object

Hi,

   How do I insert text labels within Chart objects ? Thanks..

Regards,
Adrian

0
xinke (8)

Hi,

Manually: select chart ad simply type some text. When you it enter a
textbox will be added.

VBA:
Sub y()
     Dim objX As Shape

     Set objX = ActiveChart.Shapes. _
AddTextbox(msoTextOrientationHorizontal, 1, 1, 70, 15)
     objX.TextFrame.Characters.Text = "Hello World"

End Sub

Cheers

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

You can associate labels with data points by double clicking on the points, and
choosing the Data Labels tab. If you are not offered enough options through the
dialog, you can use one of the following free utilities to use a range of cells as
labels:

   Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
   John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Andy Pope wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Manually: select chart ad simply type some text. When you it enter a
> textbox will be added.
>
> VBA:
> Sub y()
>     Dim objX As Shape
>
>     Set objX = ActiveChart.Shapes. _
> AddTextbox(msoTextOrientationHorizontal, 1, 1, 70, 15)
>     objX.TextFrame.Characters.Text = "Hello World"
>
> End Sub
>
> Cheers
>
> Adrian wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>    How do I insert text labels within Chart objects ? Thanks..
>>
>> Regards,
>> Adrian

Converting/inserting values, without changing the other contents.
Hi all this is what i require: the overdue is INR 250k (SGD 7,543), out of which for INR 125k (SGD 3,771) payment is processed, for INR 30k (SGD 905) bills resubmitted for queries, for INR 25k (SGD 754) supporting were resubmitted, for INR 45k (SGD 1,358) payment will be made in 1week of next month. the above comments will be in m5 without the sgd value, i need help to converrt those values and show as above in n5, after multiplying the converting factor at b2 thank you ...

Simulating a Zodiac with a chart
I want to make a circular chart similar to a Zodiac but I want to color sections similar to a pie chart. I have plotted this before using Sin/Cos of the degree but did not have the ability to color the pie shape pieces. Is this possible? So say I want from 360* (top dead center) to 90* (left quadrant) to be shaded, how would I do this and with what type of chart? Hi, Donut chart will provide the shaded circular sections. Cheers Andy gtslabs wrote: > I want to make a circular chart similar to a Zodiac but I want to > color sections similar to a pie chart. > I have plotted this bef...

How do I connect cell color to bar chart color?
I have seen an excel spread sheet bar chart where the colors of the bars were connected to the color of the cell. I was not able to determine how that was accomplished and the author of the spread sheet no longer works for the company that sent me the data. Does anyone know how this can be done? Hi Bob, It's possible this was done using a vba macro. For a non VBA approach have a look at Jon's examples of conditional charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy Bob Freerks wrote: > I have seen an excel spread sheet bar chart where the color...

Extract phone number front block of text
I have a webpage that lists business names, address, phone number, etc. There is no definite pattern to how they entered the text. What I' like to do is something like.... -Search cell A1 for "-", return the 3 characters to the left of th "-".- In the next column do... -Search cell A1 for "-", return the 4 characters to the right of th "-".- Then I can concatenate the two and add in the area code. TIA guys/gals. PS. I tried searching but didn't know exactly what to search for an didn't get very far -- Tec ------------------------...

I want a round invitation for a wedding shower with circle text
The invitation I found is a circle, with the invite going around the outside edge of the circle and more information inside that circle and it is also circular. It has a flower and brad in the middle. The instructions for it simply say, type text on computer, make circular by using WordArt feature. My computer is running on Vista operating system. I have a sample WordArt circle here http://msauer.mvps.org/wordart_in_microsoft_publisher.htm Scroll way down. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Kay-Kay" <Kay-Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Stacked chart #3
Hi, I have income distribution functions for different countries and I am trying to stack these curves. The data looks in this way: Country 1 Country 2 x y x y 5 0.2 7 0.1 8 0.4 9 0.3 10 0.3 12 0.5 15 0.1 20 0.1 Where x is the mean income and y is the % of the population. My problem plotting the curves is that different countries have different range of x values. And I want to keep them when I am stacking the curves. When I use stacked line chart excel considers the x values as categorical ...

View -> Sized With Window (for Excel charts): I want it back, plea
While I appreciate that not every function survives from one version to the next, this is one I sorely miss ! I use Excel 2003 at work, and 2007 at home. I can stand the constant bleating about compatability. I can even (barely) tolerate the highlight colors not matching. But this? Why oh why was it removed? Can you at least recommend a macro / VBA script patch to reurn this functionality to the program ? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

How can comments be inserted into a document ?
Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? No..not automatically. You should be using Word. There is always the callouts in Autoshapes. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9195C75-EB38-45A2-ABA4-879C86988A9C@microsoft.com... > Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? ...

Offsetting Chart data
I require to view data in chart format, the problem is as the data lines are so close I need to offset the data to view all on one chart for comparison. Can anyone help me with this?? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ What does that mean? "Offset the data?" If you want to see only a subset of the data, see the Dynamic Charts page of my site. You should be able to adapt one of the examples to your needs. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -...

dynamic charts using named formulas
I have dates in the first row I have values in the second row I use tecnique of named formuls of offset function (tushar Methta) so that the chart is updated when data for new dates are added. now after some time I want to delete the older data If I delete the columns of older dates the named formula get messed up and I get error message that three is some wrong reference. actulally in the offset formula the starting cell is relaced by "REF" Then I have to redo the whole exercise any solutions. If the first row is some sort of header that doesn't get deleted, use it as the ba...

OLE Object Data Type Question
Hi, a friend of mine supports a very simple Access 2000 database for keeping tracks of his .JPG file. The database has a table with several field, and one of them is of OLE Object data typy. He opens that table, rightclicks OLE Object field, selects Insert Oject and creates a link to a .JPG file. After finishing insertion the OLE Object field contains kind of "MSPicture3" or "MSImage3" (I don't remember exactly the text). Before a month ago he moved his database to another computer and now after insertion into the OLE Object field a link, it contains "...

How do you ungroup charts in Powerpoint 07?
I'm trying to ungroup a chart in Powerpoint 07 like you would ungroup an object. You used to be able to do it in previous versions by right-clicking on the chart and then selecting ungroup. Can anybody help please? Thanks AK, Try this, select your chart and copy it. Home tab, click the list arrow next to Paste, select Paste Special and select Enhanced Metafile. Now you should be able to ungroup the pasted graphic. -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "AKGray66" <AKGray66@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:F42ED3C3-80F8-46BC-890F-B...

XML Insert data C# ASP.net 2.0 Need to know how to insert by speci
Hello, I have the following XML Schema: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Schedule> <Day Name="Monday"> </Day> <Day Name="Tuesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Wednesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Thursday"> </Day> <Day Name="Friday"> </Day> <Day Name="Saturday"> </Day> <Day Name="Sunday"> </Day> </Schedule> I want users to be able to input the following tiomeblocks for a scheduling s...

On replies & forwards
When I reply to an email, it uses annoying blue text. I can't see anyplace that I can turn that off. I have Outlook 2000. Does anyone know something about how to stop this annoying behavior? Regards, Alan Easy fix--Tools, Options, Mail Format tab, Fonts, Select Fonts. Select your font, color for reply or anything else. "Alan B." wrote: > When I reply to an email, it uses annoying blue text. I can't see anyplace > that I can turn that off. I have Outlook 2000. Does anyone know something > about how to stop this annoying behavior? > > Regards, > A...

publish chart to IIS Server
Right now i can publish my report to an interactive htm file. How do I publish it to say an IIS Server ? ...

TO CREATE A LINE CHART WITH RATE IN Y AXIS & REAL TIME IN X AXIS
i want to create a line chart in excel for rate vs time as y & x axis data. the chart should be an automatic charting as, when the particular time (10,10.30,11,11.30 ...)of system time reaches the data in one cell (rate ) should be taken automatically for charting the chart for 10am to 11.30pm. the only thing is how to check logically if the system time reached or not. Put the times in one column and the rates in the next, then create an XY chart. I can't tell a lot from your post, but if you expect Excel to determine a rate from the time, it will not. You have to write some fo...

text in Bullets/points in cell
How can one write the text in bullets or points in the cell in excel 2007. Hold the ALT key, then on the NUMERIC KEYPAD, type 0149, then let go of the ALT key -- you'll have your bullet •<== works here, too! "kamal" wrote: > How can one write the text in bullets or points in the cell in excel 2007. ...

How to I convert text to curves in Microsoft Publisher?
You can't. This is a feature normally found in draw applications rather than DTP applications. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Michael, you can put text into Word Art, make it look like normal text by choosing a basic style and then you can shape it with Word Art shapes. It won't be practical for long text but for titles and stuff it works terrific. -- Katmido University of Delaware "Ed Bennett" wrote: > You can't. This is a feature normally found in draw applications rather > than DTP applications. > > -- > Ed Benn...

Convert text to date 12-21-07
Hello, I am trying to link to a text file. I was having trouble converting 20011975 into a date/time format but it wasn't working. So I formatted the field as a text file. I have tried converting this to 20/01/1975 in a query but it comes out with errors and wierd dates. I've had a look at the other messages and had a go but no go. thanks Regardless of how your dates are displayed either by formatting or based on regional settings, all date functions exppect a month day year format. To convert your string to a date field: strTextDate = "20011975" SomeDate = DateSer...

Make an ActiveX Object Printable
Hi, Does anyone know how to make an ActiveX Object Printable through IE6? Thank you, Tom ...

Linking formulas to text boxes in VBA
Hi, I just posted this to the programmers section, but I think those folks are into more serious things than this! I'm newly experimenting with VBA, so apologies if this is a stupid question. Any help much appreciated! I have a For - Next loop that creates a formula linking a cell in an 'input sheet' ("Key") to a cell in any one of 200 sheets. For cells, this is no problem, using: For i = 1 to 200 Worksheets(i).Range("c2").Formula = "=Key!B" & i Next i My problem comes when I try to do the same with some text boxes that are in each of the 200 s...

dynamic end on chart
I have to update dozens of charts every day with the previous day's stats. The new data is always added to the next column on the right. Is there a way to tell my chart to get all data even though the number of columns changes every day? Example: Yesterday I had data through column AD. Today I add data for column AE and revise the chart to get that data. What I've tried doing is telling the chart to get data through column BZ. This works but then the right side of my column chart is empty because I don't have data yet. I want the chart full size all the time. Possible? Thanks wiz...

How to add text to all existing records in one column?
Hi Friends, I have another question to ask. I had this problem many times - and do not know how to solve it. Ok: I have a column with information on patients blood samples, such as: RA3453 ST RA4322 TA I have to add "OCT" to each record in this column in most simple way (there are 18.000 records). The result for these samples should be like this: OCT RA3453 ST OCT RA4322 TA Thanks in advance Daniel (usmleboy) If your data always starts with RA, then select the column Edit|Replace what: RA with: OCT RA replace all. If your prefix varies, I'd use another column and fill...

How can I get cell reference
How can I automatically get the cell reference for the last cel containing text in a particular column that changes regulary? Any hel appreciated! *Thanks. :) -- Duncan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DuncanG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1639 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27769 Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "DuncanG" <DuncanG.1fm25a@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitr...

I want to insert a note
I seem to remember on my mother's old Mac that you could insert an electronic 'post it' note onto a file. I want to open an Excel spreadsheet and be faced with a vivid reminder of something I need to remember before doing any work. I know how to insert a cell comment and could use this instead but liked the impact of my mum's post it notes. Am I reaching for the stars?! This is an interesting question. If you have Outlook, then create a Note and save it on your desktop. Insert the note object into your worksheet and save the worksheet. When you open the workbook again...