Infopath w/ manually entered values in drop-down and qry results

I had originally posted this elsewhere, but was told this forum is the
appropariate plase.    I have an Infopath form with a drop-down listbox, that
is poulated with manually-entered values.

I choose a value, submit the updated data, and it does put the correct value
in the SQL 2005 database.
However, the next time I query the data, the value in the drop-down list box
is the default value
for the list-box, not the value from the database, which is misleading.

I would have expected the drop-down listbox to display the value from the
database instead.   Thanks.

0
zeon (1)

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
zeon <zeon@discussions.microsoft.com> said:

>I had originally posted this elsewhere, but was told this forum is the
>appropariate plase.    I have an Infopath form with a drop-down listbox, that
>is poulated with manually-entered values.

I'm sorry someone has misled you; this newsgroup is about graphs.

--
Del Cotter
del1907 (586)

RPC over HTTP setup help. RPC DIag returns no results.
I have been trying for several weeks to get RPC over HTTP workign in our environment. I refuse to put an ISA in place and am currently behing a Pix 520 ( which is not the issue, all logs show no denied traffic) I also see no error logs in either of my Exchange servers. Please any help is appreciated. From my Front end Server I see the followign when running RPCDIAG ** Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790] (C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp. C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>rpcdump /p ncacn_http Querying Endpoint Mapper Database... RpcMgmtEpEltInqNext:(Access is denied....

Font size in data validation drop down lists
I am using data validation lists to control user inputs to a spread sheet. How do I change the font size inside the drop down list? I have tried changing the font size on the sheet itself & changing the font size on the list page. I can't seem to find a property setting for this font size. The only way to make it appear larger is to zoom in on the page. In a data validation dropdown list, you can't change the font size. There are a couple of programming workarounds here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font Ryan wrote: > I am using data validation lis...

how to force user not to enter "%" sign into a TextBox.
I need to force user not to enter "%" sign into a text box. OnExit event of text box, which code sould i use, so that I will make the CANCEL=True? I can do that by placing ComboBox and defining a criteria on the query where combobox is bounded. But i want to learn how to do in VBA. There are lots of information about it on this group but i failed to understand. Thanks mezzanine1974 wrote: > I need to force user not to enter "%" sign into a text box. OnExit > event of text box, which code sould i use, so that I will make the > CANCEL=True? > I can do that by pla...

Result of crosstab query in form
Hi. In Access 2007 I'm trying to display the result of a crosstab query in a (continuous) form. In the Form_Open event I fill the label Caption and text control ControlSource with the field names from the query. But when I open the form the text controls display the #Name? error. Even when I fill the control sources with the correct field names (selected from the list) I get the message the name is not in the list... What is the solution? Thanks in advance, Ronald. Ronald wrote: >In Access 2007 I'm trying to display the result of a crosstab query in a >...

group totals w/criteria?
SSRS 2005 I'm relatively new to RS and have a challenge I don't know how to overcome. I have a report where I need to subtract one group total from another. I read that this isn't possible in 2005, but that 2008 will support aggregations on aggregations. I'm sure someone has figured out how to do this in 2005 though, so any words of wisdom? This is an Accounting report, where I need to get the value for the Contribution Margin total. The aggregation I'm looking for is this: Contribution Margin = sum(Revenue) - sum(Expenses) The challenge is the the...

assigning a null value of a date field to a date variable
Hi, At some point in the execution of my program I open a dialog box were the user is supposed to enter some info. Among other things he is asked to enter a date in a textbox, but this is optional. When I try to assign this date to a date variable I get the message “Invalid use of null” in the case the user has not filled in any date. If I use the Nz function, a value of 0 is assigned to the date and this later shows as December 30 1899 which I don’t want. How can I deal with this situation? Thanks in advance, George You cannot assign the Null value to a VBA variable of type Date. ...

data validation fonts differ in drop down box
I am using Excel 2003. I have a group of cells with a data validation "list". That list contains 3 options -- check mark, "X", and "box" -- in Webdings. When you click the drop down box to make a selection the options are in alpha-numeric characters (Arial font(?)) and not Webdings. So my "check mark" becomes an "a" and my "X" becomes an "r". How can I get the drop down box to display the same font as the one in the list? Both the drop down box cells and the "list" cells are formatted with the...

Trapping Enter key in FormView of SDI -PreTranslateMessage
Hai I Have a Owner Drawn button in a FormView and on clicking on the EnterKey i need to make that Button to handle some thing and i have used PreTranslateMessage and can i use PreTranslateMessage in FormView and please let me know the details suresh If you want the clicking action to be in button, OnLButtonDown in your button should work. If you want to handle it in the form, PreTranslateMessage will work fine. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Suresh" <suresh_vcplusplus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#IW0FkGqEHA.1712@tk2msftngp13.ph...

CMFCPropertyGridCtrl
Hi All, I have an MFC application with a TreeView and a CDockablePane Properties Window. When I select a tree item - I display its properties in the properties window. That works. But I don't know how to change the tree item properties when I change the values in the properties window. My problem is in getting the values from the properties grid. I tried to override EndEditItem method like this: BOOL CMyMFCPropertyGridCtrl::EndEditItem(BOOL bUpdateData) { CMFCPropertyGridProperty* currProperty = GetCurSel(); if(currProperty) { //I don't like this implementa...

How do I display a text message when a cell has a certain value??
Hi, I have a cell where if the cell is empty (A1=0), then I would like the cell to display "Enter your value here." Otherwise, I would like the cell to display the value a person enters. I have tried using an if/then/else statement and, understandably, I get a circular reference error: =IF(A1=0,"Enter your value here",A1) Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks! Why not just enter the text itself? The value entered by the user will displace (replace) it. This should work if the form is a template. -- HTH, RD ===================================================...

Why doesn't what I enter in the function bar appear in the cell?
I have a workbook that contains several copies of a master template worksheet. On one of these sheets when I enter text, it appears correctly in the function bar, but appears as a string of &s in the cell. This has only just occurred, and as far as I know used to work OK, i.e. it used to appear as text in the cell. What could cause this and what do I need to do to put it right? You wrote that the text appears as apersands (&). Did you really mean octothorpes (#)? If yes, then try formatting that cell as General--or anything but Text. Chris Mitchell wrote: > > I...

create calendar drop down list in Excel sell
i would like to create calendar drop down list in Excel. Is it possible to import it or link a sell to a calendar? Hi try: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bo" <Bo@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0F312DC0-3E90-4A1B-9B3C-7D239A5845A7@microsoft.com... > i would like to create calendar drop down list in Excel. Is it possible to > import it or link a sell to a calendar? ...

Help exporting the resulting of a sort by Group
HI, I would like to export into excel from MS Project 2007 the result of a sort by Group value within my project. I have created a custom field called area for my project and have assigned an 'area' for each task. If I sort by the group 'area' I get the exact results that I would like to export - the sum of values (such as work, % work complete, etc) for each of my areas. HOWEVER I can not seem to export this into excel. I am not able to figure out how to create a filter that will give me the group by area with the sum totals. Can you help please - is there a...

Reverse the order of values
Office XP. I am trying to reverse the values in a column of cells from positive to negative & neg to pos. Excel HELP tells me to go to the FORMAT menu & click Selected Axis then click the Scale tab. These options are not listed on the FORMAT menu. I tried going to the TOOLS menu & selecting CUSTOMIZE but I can't find where to add Selected Axis & Scale. Am I in the right place? Put -1 in an empty cell, copy it, then select the entire set of data and do Edit / paste Special / Multiply. Negs will turn pos and pos will turn neg, zero unaffected. -- Regards ...

Replace Option Group Value from form with text in report header
Hi all, Question: How can I convert the numerical option group value from a form to a string value and place it in the control source of a textbox in a report header? I have a form used to 'build' reports: users choose a query, a report, and then the rest of the controls on the form are used to build a 'where' clause for the DoCmd.OpenReports statement attached to a command button which opens the report based on all the user's choices. I've tried creating a variable on the report in the declarations area and then using a select case statement in the 'open&...

Two identical formulas for a different result?
Hello everyone, :) A very quick question, but nonetheless very intriguing to me (I jus lost 4h on that :( ) I don't understand why my first formula works, and the second and thir don't. {=SUM(IF(FiscYear="2003",IF(IncomeFeeID="RB",Amount,0),0))} =SUMPRODUCT((FiscYear="2003")*(IncomeFeeID="RB")*Amount) (result is #value) =SUMPRODUCT((FiscYear="2003")*(IncomeFeeID="RB"),Amount) (this one could work too I thought, but result in a 0) I am simply trying to sum (amount) when the fiscal year is 2003 an IncomeFeeId is RB......

Forms Drop down list
I created a form that works from a table. From the form you can enter information and it will put it into the table. I would like to create a field in the form where the user can selects what to be inputed from a drop downlist. how would I do that? You need to first create another table which contains the values you want to list, each as a separate row in the table. If the values to be looked up are unique, then the 'referenced' table and the 'referencing' table can have the same column, e.g. a States table could have a State column, and the referencing table, e.g. a ...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be.
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? Hi Confirmed, until v ersion XP you could finish off with a decimal separator. This behavior changed with Excel 2003, I haven't seen any documentation on the reasons. "Enter decimal" is like 2000.0 which is just as many keystrokes as 200000 but slower. If you d...

Do not display Value label if value = zero
Hi I am putting together a pie chart, where values for some slices is 'zero'. The zero slice is not visible, but the label still appears '0%'. Is there any way of suppressing this label for the zero slice only (so the other slices still have value labels appearing) ? Many thanks for any help Format label, custom format: #;;; -- Best Regards, Luke M "LFNFan" <LFNFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC677569-1FB1-4108-8535-C5BDC6E1B825@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I am putting together a pie chart, where values ...

Inventory values in HQ
The computer with one of our store databases was stolen (we have 7 stores total). Our inventory dept. does a monthly audit for each store and at the end of the month uses a 501 worksheet to upload latest Store inventory numbers. After the theft, I have successfully restored the store database from HQ, however, are the numbers in HQ the same as the inventory in the store before the theft? Our Inventory Control Dept. manager doesn't want to trust the numbers at HQ because he says that since no 501 worksheet was made just before the theft that he doesn't trust HQ inventory values for the...

drop down menu
I want to put a drop down menu (the same menu) in 10 different rows in the same column. I want the list to say, for example 990 - LWOP. But when they select, I only want the 990 to be entered in the cell. Suggestions, please, and thank you. The following example uses DataValidation and an event macro. Put the following event macro in the worksheet code area: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Range("A1"), Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Value = Left(Target.Value, 3) Application.EnableEvents ...

Run macro based on cell value in worksheet
Does anyone know of a way to do run a macro based on a cell value. EG i cell A1 = 0, dont run macro - otherwise run macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Does anyone know of a way to do run a macro based on a cell value. EG i cell A1 = 0, dont run macro - otherwise run macro. below macro will run your code is cell a1 is anything but 0. Do you want the macro to run automatically if a different value i inputted into cell a1, or are you happy for the user to run the macr manually? (if automatically, more code is required) sub Macro 1 () if cells(1,1) = 0 then exit sub &...

BUG?: Excel scatter chart: will not plot x-values
I am trying to make a simple scatter plot. There are two columns of data. Excel will not plot values on the x- axis, only categories. I have entered the ranges for x and y values correctly, and the chart wizard shows it; yet, the chart comes out with the x-axis showing only the points numbered in the order they are entered in the spreadsheet. Oddly enough, if only one y-value is included, it plots properly; the x-axis correctly shows the range of x-values entered, and the single data point shows up at its proper xy location. as soon as I expand the y-range to more points, the x-axis r...

Drop Ship Sales Order and Purchase Order
I am entering a drop ship sales order and then creating a drop ship purchase order. The drop ship sales order needs to be invoiced before we receive the accounts payable invoice. GP doesn't allow that until the ap invoice is matched. Obviously for cash flow purposes we wouldn't want to wait. I know we can break the link on the po and so but we really don't want to do that. We need this corrected. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&q...

Is it possible to change the "result of a formula" to a "number? #2
Is it possible to change the "result of a formula"... to a number? Hi yes, choose the cell(s) you want to do this to and copy them then choose edit / paste special - values this will change the formals to the result. Cheers JulieD "Renee R." <Renee R.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E99C248C-B6AC-416D-BA24-1302BC503B50@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to change the "result of a formula"... to a number? ...