Incorrect date in line chart in Excel.

I'm having difficulty with a line chart.  I've got two ranges of numbers of
two types of calls (from 1972 through 2004) that goes up from 50 to 7700.  My
chart's Y axis has automatically decided to show from 0 to 16,000.  On the
chart itself, my data placement starts at about 6,000 (for both 24 “F” calls
and 649 “M” calls in the year 1972) and goes up to a point above 14,000 (for
a figure that should only be just above 7000).  I've tried to change the
scale of my Y axis, but when I am able to so (2 out of 5 times) my data then
goes off the chart.  So I've looked at my data to see if it's fouled up.  But
it shows exactly like I want it on the spreadsheet.

Any clues?  I'm using Excel 2002.

Bonnie

Vertical Indent in Excel 2002
Please help me to create Vertical Indent in Excel 2000 or 2002 because the border line are very near to the text given in a table, it looks very congested in the gap between lines and text when we use auto fit to rows option. there is any solution for this please help me i want to know the option. No such feature as Vertical Indent. You can use Alt + Enter to provide a line feed at top and bottom of cell. Select a cell then hit Alt + Enter Type the text you need then hit Alt + Enter then Enter. This will give you a blank line at top and bottom. Gord Dibben MS Exc...

excel columns keep changing size
I have a spreadsheet that I want to print on legal sized paper. I have 5 columns that I want to be as wide as possible and fit on the paper, landscape format. Every time I try to change the font size of the text, excel automatically changes the columns size. ALso, even though it says that the font is 48 points, it shows up as very tiny on the screen and also on paper. What is going on? Check your pages set up settings. Go to sheet in page set up and check to see if the print area is empty this could have a range in it. If it does and this is too large for th paper you are using then it wi...

Charting multiple multiples

Excel Formatted Spreadsheet To SQL ?
Hello, Is there any reasonably straightforward way to convert an Excel spreadsheet, or part of one, to a format that SQL would accept ? Thanks, Bob Usually the method that works is to save the worksheet in CSV format. Then import the CSV format into your database. Access will import CSV and so wil a number of other databases. -- joel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=196450 http://www.the...

Return multiple lines for each record
OK, I'm hoping I'll describe this right, but bear with me. I have a table of values I need to generate a list from. This list will have 2 or three lines per record. As an example, here is the table layout User, Score, Transaction, StartDate, EndDate, Pct, Comment I need a query that will output as follows Line1: Comment1 Line2: Score1, User1, StartDate1, EndDate1, Pct1 Line3: Comment2 Line4: Score2, User2, StartDate2, EndDate2, Pct2 etc. etc. Basically, a query that will allow me to generate a flat file with 2 lines per record. I know this doesn't make sense as to why I wo...

How do I create this chart?
Item Height Width Min Max Min Max A 2 4 10 20 B 4 6 9 12 C (etc.) The chart would show a rectangular area for each item with the height plotted on the X axis against width on the Y axis. Thanks in advance for any help!!! Work out a series to tabulate the co-ordinates of the 4 corners (and a 5th point to go back to the beginning). Plot that series. Same for each subsequent series. -- David Biddulph "MEL101060" <MEL101060@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E6446AF-56EB-4D5D-BAC8-8B7AB72D8E75@micr...

Cutting a line in a line chart when data series stops
I have a series like so: Jan 10 Feb 10 Mar 11 Apr 12 May Jun Jul And so on - the rest of the year is blank. When I draw a line chart for the full 12 months the series draws a line up to April, then plummets to zero in May. I want the line to just stop at April. If I use a series as above and genuine empty cells for the end of the year this ok, but since my May cell reads =IF($A11<=$D$17,G11,"") the "" does not seem to get recognised as a blank cell. Please help!! Change your formula to =IF($A11<=$D$17,G11,NA()) -- David Biddulph "DannyS" <Da...

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

How do I read Pocket Excel files from Excel
Just got an Ipaq and trying to use ActiveSync to synchronise speadsheet files between that and my desktop. Unfortunately, when I update the file using Pocket Excel on the Ipaq, it is converted to .pxl format, which the desktop version of Excel (2000) won't read! How do I get round this one? ...

missing excel VBA help file
I'm missing the excel 97 VBA help file "VEenUl3.hlp". I assume this file is on the software distribution pack that came with my computer. If it is do I reinstall excel or can I just copy the help file from the distribution pack? Finally I may not have the distribution pack since I've moved three times in the five years since the computer was purchased. How would I get a copy if I need it? I'm using windows 98. Thanks for your help John VBA and help files are not part of normal Office install. ie. Office 9 or Excel 97 *not* Windows disk required. Perhaps you ...

How To Create Order Form in Excel
Hey, I am trying to create a fundraiser order form in Excel and I don't know how to slant the cells. I angled the words at a 45degree angle and I want the whole cell to transform that way. Any advice? You can't slant the cell itself. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. "MAllen" wrote: > Hey, I am trying to create a fundraiser order form in Excel and I don't know > how to slant the cells. I angled the words at a 45degree angle and I want the > whole cell to transform that way. Any advice? ...

How to create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! How can I create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel? select one of your data series and change axis to secondary. <chart><<chart options><Axis> Select secondary x axis. "JaVaughn" wrote: > PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! How can I create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel? Hello, thank you for replying. Which chart type would allow for 2 X-axes. The only chart type that I know that allows for 2 axes is "Line Chart with 2 Y-axes". For the above-mentioned chart, the option to designate a primary and secondary x-axis is display...

prevent Excel from EVER automatically converting numbers to dates
in Excel v. X for Mac how do I permanently prevent Excel from EVER automatically converting numbers to dates. Formatting individual cells as text will not work in my applications. I need to disable this funtion. Not possible - there's no preference option to turn this off. Instead of preformatting as text, entries can be made with an apostrophe as a prefix: '3/4 You might be able to use an event macro to change it back retroactively, but that depends on knowing what format the user entered it. For instance, 3/4, 3-4, 4Mar, mar4, etc will all be interpreted as 4 Marc...

Link sent by email incomplete in subject line
MSKB Article 327010 Can you download the hotifx noted in the above article? If not and you have to call Microsoft for the hotfix, is there a fee? Thank you, L Moore LMoore <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can you download the hotifx noted in the above article? > If not and you have to call Microsoft for the hotfix, is > there a fee? If contacting Microsoft is the only way to get the hotfix and if you PC is experiencing the problem described by the article, there is usually no charge. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Ra...

Chart with two types of lines
I am plotting data from 2006 and now starting to plot data from 2007 in a line chart. I would like the line from 2006 to be a solid line, and the line from 2007 to be a dotted line. This is measuring the same data, just in different years. When i try to add a different series, the new line for 2007 appears, and the 2006 line disappears. I'm not sure how I get both of them to appear at the same time. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? B Have you checked Chart/ Source Data/ Series tab to see what you've got for your two series? It may also be worth thinking about whether it might be...

excell documents
when i double click on excell documents on my desktop nothing happens. instead, i must open excell first click on file then open its then that my documents opens. any idea on what might be causing this. makolomakwem@ananzi.co.za -- hunter Can you single click the excel document to highlight it from the desktop. If so, can you then select "Enter" to open the document. Does the double-click issue happen with any other items on the desktop? "hunter" wrote: > when i double click on excell documents on my desktop nothing happens. > instead, i must open excell first...

Help: pivot chart data in secured Access database wont show fields
Hello Is there a way for me to crate a pivot chart in Excel where the data is in a secured access database. By default (ie using system.mdw) the Access security allows a user view permissions on the tables. When connecting to the database the tables are visible, but the next step where the fields get shown doesnt happen, no fields can be selected. Is this a security issue? Is there a way around this? Thanks A ...

How do I activate sort in Excel?
I have worksheets set up in Excel. I am wanting to sort 1 column of these worksheets, but my sort button seems to be grayed out & I cannot select it. How do I activate the sort function again. Any ideas? Hi marygries Unprotect your sheet -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "marygries" <marygries@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A81E1842-3CF4-4CF5-85B3-ED01BEF943C7@microsoft.com... >I have worksheets set up in Excel. I am wanting to sort 1 column of these > worksheets, but my sort button seems to be grayed out & I cannot s...

Bar Chart
I would like to create a bar chart with the information below. I would like the lost and sold to be shown on one bar stacked for each year. So I would have 3 bars for Jan - 2003, 2004 and 2005 each bar showing two colors. Any help would be appreciated. Jan 2003 sold = 4 lost = 2 Jan 2004 sold = 6 lost = 2 Jan 2005 sold = 10 lost = 3 Set up your data like this: A B C Month Sold Lost Jan03 Jan04 Jan05 HIghlight the data (including Month, etc). Select the Chart WIzard tool. CHoose Stacked Colum chart with series in columns. That should get you there. Barb Reinhardt ...

Office 2004 German release date
Hey All, could someone inform me when the release date for the german Office 2004 = is? Although microsoft's mactopia site states that this was sometime = back in=20 July, on the german apple store one cannot yet purchase Office 2004?!? This is a bit confusing, especially because I was hoping to take = advantage of=20 the 'free' upgrade from Office X purchased at the beginning of this year = -=20 only catch being that this offer is time-limited to one month after the=20 release date. Any info much welcome! Thanks silvretta ...

Representing times in excel without dates
Excel experts I need your help!! I am using Office XP excel and am trying to represent time in the format: AM/PM without seconds. When I put in the time [I have the cell number format set to time/"1:30PM"/Locale is English (United States)], it comes up with the date preceding the time. I have tried varying settings of time but they all come up with the date. So if I try to put in 1:00PM it would represent this as a date and leave the rest of the time as 12am. I am doing a time sheet that subtracts the hours from between two times and then adds the differences up. I want it to ...

data-set too big for Excel
I am using Excel to extract data from a database, but when the extracted data is too extensive, Excel is stuck. Is there any way to expand the data-holding capacity of Excel? I am using Excel 2000. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Getting a square Chart Object
Is there any way to produce a square ChartObject within a WorkSheet? I'm trying to produce square XY scatter plots (same scale for each axis, easy) within a minimum size chartobject but can't find a way of controlling the ChartObject size and shape. It's obvious that I've missed something simple. Any suggestions gratefully received. TIA John Jon Peltier has some code to square the gridlines: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/SquareGrid.html John Humble wrote: > Is there any way to produce a square ChartObject within a WorkSheet? I'm > tryin...

stock chart -- how to include only trading days
Trying to do a simple high-low-close stock chart. I have these three items listed for each trading day in columns on the worksheet. Also have corresponding trading dates in a column. The chart insists on showing on the X axis all dates, including non-trading dates. On the body of the chart there are blanks between data points, corresponding to the non-trading dates. How can I get the X axis to omit the non-trading dates? Thanks in advance. Jordan Burkart Excel saw the dates and assumed you wanted a time scale axis. Choose Chart Options from the Chart menu, click on the Axes ta...

Date Format #7
I want to display dates in the European format dd/mm/yy. When I enter dates they appear in the American format mm/dd/yy. Format Cells > Date in Excel only gives me the American format. Regional Options in Control Panel are set to English (Ireland) with the date format dd/mm/yy. How can I change the date to European format in EXCEL? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial...