Inconsistent Chart Sizing Into PPT

Can't get charts to paste into PowerPoint with consistent size.  To test, I
expanded (using the corner handles) two charts to exactly fill the screen.
When I copy/paste each chart into an individual slide in PowerPoint, one is
noticibally larger than the other.  Is there a way to make the charts the
same size and paste the same size?

I have an article on this in the works, due out in about 24 months, the
rate I'm going.

A. Use embedded charts, and use Copy Picture (hold shift while selecting
Edit menu, os Copy turns to Copy Picture) with On Screen and As Picture
options.

B. Save workbook with desired chart as active chart, then in Ppt use
Insert menu > Object > From File, and browse to file you just saved.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Phil Hageman wrote:

> Can't get charts to paste into PowerPoint with consistent size.  To test, I
> expanded (using the corner handles) two charts to exactly fill the screen.
> When I copy/paste each chart into an individual slide in PowerPoint, one is
> noticibally larger than the other.  Is there a way to make the charts the
> same size and paste the same size?

Stacked bar chart for survey results (agree/disagree)
I have survey results with answers from strongly agree to strongly disagree. I would like to show the results for each question in a stacked bar chart. The first bar (left) shows the strongly agree and agree together with the % of overall responses above the bar(for both categories combined). The second would be the neutral answers with the percent above. the third bar would have disagree and strongly disagree with the % above it. The point is that if our statement is "22% strongly agree or agree" then it is obvious from the chart. thanks for any suggestions. You need fou...

5.5 Information Store bloated to double size
I keep getting errors that our information store on Exchange 5.5 is at the 16GB limit. But when I export the listing of user mailboxes with their sizes, it only adds up to 8GB. I know our public folders aren't that big. Is there a way to 'compact' the Information Store to get it to it's proper size? Please post and email me if you can. THANK YOU!!!! The space used to determine the 16GB limit is calculated by the database size on disk (look in the exchsrvr\mdbdata directory at the priv.edb file). Have your users recently done a mail cleanup? If you have deleted ...

chart moving on worksheet
Dear experts, I have a worksheet with data that gets updated every week and I would like to add on top of it a chart that shows an analysis of this data as changes are made. When I say on top I really mean it - I would like the chart to always show on the top right-hand corner of the screen and stay there even when the users scroll the data on the worksheet. Of course it should be possible to move the chart if the users need to. Is this possible at all in Excel 2003? Many thanks in advance for your help! Best regards -- Valeria ...

need chart that displays overlap/duplication between two entities
I'm trying to show the audience overlap/duplication between web site A and web sites b through F. THe amount is small ranging from .02% to .18% so the scale is difficult. Any ideas? You can manually change scales on any charts. Click on either the X-axis or Y axis and the axis will be hightlighted. then click again to open the properties. You can change tthe min value and max value to get more precies details on the charts. "Bsacco" wrote: > I'm trying to show the audience overlap/duplication between web site A and > web sites b through F. > > THe ...

Excel 2003 Line Chart
Hi. I have a line chart no problem. Values as usual up the vertical axis and labels along the bottom horizontal axis. I would really like to switch these around and have my labels going up the vertical. Is this possible? You can't switch a line chart's orientation. However, you can fake it. Check out the Dot Plot (tutorial and utility): http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DotPlot.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "sot" <sot@discussions.microsof...

Attachment file size and max number number of files
Hi Where can I get information about following things.... 1) Where to set max file size that can be uploaded on CRM? 2) Where to set Number of files that can be uploaded to single entity instance in CRM 3) Is there any thing like Total size of all files uploaded to single entity instance, I mean if there is not restriction on number of files that can be attache to single entity instance can I upload huge number of files which having aggregated file size more than max allowable file size for single file. Regards Mak ...

Beginner- Macro for Resizing Charts
There is a first, and this is it. Company just upgraded to 2007 and Auto-Size for Charts is gone. I don't know VB but I need to create a script I guess to re-size all the charts for Monthly Financial data. Could someon help me with this? Thank you, Rod ...

Org Chart -- Imports from Word of Job Descriptions?
We are new to Visio, using the trial version. My wife's boss just dumped a project on her that I said I'd try to help her with. Her new, computer illiterate, boss is making many organizational changes (small university) and wants to make a PowerPoint presentation illustrating these changes. He wants to be able to click on a position and have the job description for that position pop-up as a new page/slide. The job descriptions are in Word 2003. My wife has Word & PowerPoint 2007 on her machine at work, and we have Office 2003 on our PC's at home. Is this possible ...

Pivot Chart Format
Is it possible to prevent Excel changing the format of Pivot Chart lines on Refresh? No. I don't think we want extra features here - it would only slow down the action. It is no problem to link to other formatted sheets. Regards BrianB ========================================================= "Alex Burman" <burmanalex@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<eLv8D9xYDHA.3248@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... > Is it possible to prevent Excel changing the format of Pivot Chart lines on > Refresh? ...

Conditional Formatting for Charts
Hi all, I understand the concept of conditional formatting in spreadsheets in XL 2003 just fine. Can the same functionality be extened to XL Charts? I am thinking it has to be a VBA solution, which is not a problem. I just wanted a sanity or insanity check before doing it all with VBA. Looking for evaluating values and formatting differently and finding test strings and formatting them in same color. Best example there is Coke vs. Pepsi. Coke should always be Red and Pepsi should always be Blue no matter where they show up in something like a Share of Market Chart. Coke is highest share...

E2K7
How to allow specific user to have larger message size while sending e-mail. If I change the limit on the mailbox, the e-mail is blocked at the organization level. The restriction is set at Mailbox, Sent Connector, HUB server. But, how to make it possible for specifc user without changing the entries at the connector or hub server level. On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 20:31:01 -0700, sekhar <sekhar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How to allow specific user to have larger message size while sending e-mail. >If I change the limit on the mailbox, the e-mail is blocked at the...

can not change size of windows for word or excel docs #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Often when I open an excel or word document it opens in a small window in the upper left corner. i can not resize or enlarge the viewing window. I have tried dragging the lower right corner, toggling the green and yellow buttons on the top left, changing the VIEW and selecting the "FULL SCREEN" optin in the VIEW menu. It sounds like you've not applied the necessary updates to Office - SP2 (12.2.0) & 12.2.1, and possibly not the OS X 10.6.1 update. Especially if you're using Spaces the windowin...

changing field size
Hello there if i have form with data that i present as datasheet is there a way to diterme the field size by code? hi Roy, Roy Goldhammer wrote: > if i have form with data that i present as datasheet is there a way to > diterme the field size by code? Take a look at the object explorer in the VBA IDE: go to the VBA IDE and press F2. Search for TextBox and examine the column properties. mfG --> stefan <-- Thankes Stefen i found out the Column with property for that. Now is there a way so set the size of texbox or checkbox in datasheet view automaticly by the largest...

FRx Report/Paper Size
1) while printing a FRx report will many columns, is there a way to control/set that from certain column onward, it will be printed on a new page, with row information. 2) while including Transaciton/accounts attribute (T_ATTR) in column B and column C is CUR, column D is YTD, is there a way to suppress column B while viewing/printing the report in accounts summary, and only print column B while viewing/printing the details transaction report? thks ...

powerpoint slide
Is it possible to print a powerpoint slide to a credit card size? thank you Page Setup>Slides Size for: Custom. Type in your custom size. "Kiran" wrote: > Is it possible to print a powerpoint slide to a credit card size? thank you In article <3BF2A055-D637-4C7E-A764-4F3A9419586F@microsoft.com>, Kiran wrote: > Is it possible to print a powerpoint slide to a credit card size? thank you Sue's suggestion is one approach. Understand that changing the proportions of a slide may distort the slide's contents though. If your printer has a credit car...

Automatically update charts for only the most current 12 months?
I am trying to update 8 different charts in one workbook. The charts are based off of one table that is a running total for 1997-2005 and is continually being updated monthly. The charts only show the most current 12 months. How can I make the charts get updated automatically. The data is entered in column by column. See Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html particularly example 2 -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <6F0602...

Graph/Chart Question
I do not use the chart/grph feature too often. I was trying to use the Chart Wizard to graph the following data: A B C 3-Jan 6.16% 482202 7822780 4-Jan 5.87% 398392 6788552 5-Jan 2.60% 365581 14064487 8-Jan 5.89% 359353 6102299 9-Jan 3.80% 372896 9812270 10-Jan 4.42% 402357 9102141 I think I need to have 2 different scales (% and Natural). I could not figure out how to graph this data. Thank you in advance. On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, carl <carl@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I do not use the chart/grph feature too often. I was trying to use th...

From Excel to VBA Chart appearance
Does anyone know when you move an application out of excel to a vba platform, is there any loss in quality and capabilities in the charts? Kind regards, Mark Mark Both of your questions have gone unanswered and I suspect it is a confusion. To get the data to any type of chart object/applet you would need to automate XL. While you are doing that, why would you want to *not* use XL's charting features, via the same automation? Is there something missing in XL's features. If you are using automation, then by default, you are using XL's charting object and there will be ...

Accessing Points in a Line Chart
This is a cross post, as I had been pointed to this group and an alt. after I had posted originally. Hoping this one can help. How do I access the Points in a Chart of type Line? I'm wanting to display the Values at each point and modify various aspects like size and color. So far I have not found the proper combination of properties to access these point, and the access method is different for every chart type. Any ideas? I guess what I'm really asking is how do I access the Point Labels on a Line Chart. Hi, Using the macro record generated this code when changing 2 poin...

OST/PST Size Limitation in Outlook 2003
I have read that Outlook 2003 supports greater OST and PST file sizes (greater than the 2Gig limitation of earlier versions of Outlook), but I haven't seen what this new file size can be. Does anyone know? I understand that the Outlook client must be on Exchange 2000/2003 in order to gain the new size capability. Is that true too? Thanks... Mike I believe it's only for Exchange 2003, with regard to the OST file. Mike Ballard wrote: > I have read that Outlook 2003 supports greater OST and > PST file sizes (greater than the 2Gig limitation of > earlier versions of Outloo...

chart question #2
I have 2 sheets: (more as time comes). Jan 05 - sheet 1 - sales problems - support problems - operations problems - finance problems Feb 05 - sheet 2 - sales problems - support problems - operations problems - finance problems I need to graph these 2 sheets with same categories but different total percentages of the month using the chart bars to show the changes for the same category (side by side) in a year... confused yet? :) can you give me a hint on how to do this and the formula if there are any. Well, if it were me, I'd probably put the data that you are graphing on the...

Getting rid of unusable charts?
Last year I created an Excel worksheet around neighborhood property appraisals. The sheet had about a dozen columns. I also created half a dozen charts using data from different columns. This year I updated the worksheet, added new columns and deleted a few old ones. I would like to delete the charts that I created last year and construct new ones. Unfortunately, the cells referenced by the charts have been moved or no longer exist. When I click on a chart, I get a message that . . . "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and has to close . . .". I can't open...

Hierarchy and Organizational Charts
We'd like to understand the hierarchy of individuals and roles within a given account (actually, ideally we'd have an org chart that could be visually generated). How can this be done? I haven't used their product, but I came across this add-on that provides the ability to make org charts within CRM entities: http://www.salescentric.com/glance.html There are probably others out there as well. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jasonh" wrote: > We'd like to understand the hierarchy of individuals and roles within a given > account...

Excel
I understand how to change the scale on the value axis to logarithmic, I am just not sure why I would do so. Usually helpful when: a) Trying to plot exponential series (such as in calculus, some physics, etc) b) Trying to distort data so your customers don't see how badly your company is losing money *grin* -- Best Regards, Luke M "Polly" <Polly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6DCA198-FEC5-4678-B805-E7EB9C713BB0@microsoft.com... >I understand how to change the scale on the value axis to logarithmic, I am > just not sure why I w...

ACCESS Charting problem
I insert a chart into a form add the X axis and detail ID's and preview the chart. It looks normal. When I go to dataview, there is nothing there but a frame and title. Any suggestions? ...