Inconsistent Chart Sizing Into PPT

Can't get charts to paste into PowerPoint with consistent size.  To test, I
expanded (using the corner handles) two charts to exactly fill the screen.
When I copy/paste each chart into an individual slide in PowerPoint, one is
noticibally larger than the other.  Is there a way to make the charts the
same size and paste the same size?

I have an article on this in the works, due out in about 24 months, the
rate I'm going.

A. Use embedded charts, and use Copy Picture (hold shift while selecting
Edit menu, os Copy turns to Copy Picture) with On Screen and As Picture
options.

B. Save workbook with desired chart as active chart, then in Ppt use
Insert menu > Object > From File, and browse to file you just saved.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Phil Hageman wrote:

> Can't get charts to paste into PowerPoint with consistent size.  To test, I
> expanded (using the corner handles) two charts to exactly fill the screen.
> When I copy/paste each chart into an individual slide in PowerPoint, one is
> noticibally larger than the other.  Is there a way to make the charts the
> same size and paste the same size?

Chart Types
Is there other specialized software which would be an add-in to Excel and give me a larger variety of chart types? SigmaPlot (http://www.spssscience.com/SigmaPlot/) Amigo (http://www.threedgraphics.com/products.html), Delta Graph (http://www.spss.com/deltagraph/), and Harvard Graphics (http://www.harvardgraphics.com/) Please do not consider this as an endorsement of any particular program. Also, with a little ingenuity, one can simulate a large range of effects. See various websites for examples: mine, Jon Peltier's (www.geocities.com/jonpeltier), Stephen Bullen's (www.bmsltd....

chart templates
Hello, sorry for not knowing the exact english terms as I am using the german versions of Office. In Office 2007 chart templates exists. But I have not found the setting to change the standard folder where they are saved. Right now it is C:\Documents and settings\USERNAME \Anwendungsdaten(?)\Microsoft\Templates\Charts. How can I change that path? Only in Word 2007 you can set the standard folders. But I haven't found the appropriate setting there! I want to set the standard folder to the server so every user can use the same chart templates! If I put a template file (*.crtx) on the Se...

Excel 12, insert chart does not work. Exel restart. Why?
When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and need to close. Another thing: On chart tools the desings are empty. Any solution? In article <A678D3D8-566D-46A1-8A19-5F85D34BB2C8@microsoft.com>, tujauja@discussions.microsoft.com says... > When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and > need to close. > Another thing: > On chart tools the desings are empty. > Any solution? > Office 12 is still in beta. You should have received information from MS about where and how to post questions about it. -- Rega...

Chart Help -How ?
Hi, I'm a newbie with Excel & I am struggling to make this work. It's work related. I'm simply trying to show sales figures in a Pie-chart based upon the following information: Alex Frankie w/c 13/3/06 Calls made 45 70 No. not interested 10 10 No. interested 1 8 No. of call backs 34 52 Appointments made 0 1 But I can't work out how I'm going to show the legends but also including the 2 staff members. I'm sure somebody out there will have a better resolution. Thanks -- conks ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

How do I place two or more charts on a worksheet?
I can't figure out how to keep Excel 2007 overlaying a new chart on top of an existing chart in a seperate worksheet. What I would like to do is create one 8.5 x 11 worksheet with four 3 x 5 charts on it. Select each chart and move it into position. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Rick@Draper" <Rick@Draper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:082C5930-64F0-4A6E-958E-967BDCCDB9C9@microsoft.com... >I can't figure out how to keep Excel 20...

I open 2007 file, it opens as .ppt (2003) read only
When I open up my 2007 files .pptx by double-clicking on it, it opens as a ..ppt (Read Only) (Compatibility Mode). I then have to do a "save as" 2007 file. However, when I open it by doing file-open - it opens as a 2007 file. Does anyone know why yhis happens and if there is a preference I can set to have them open as 2007 files when I double-click on it? Thanks in advance! -- Marc One solution would be right clicking the file and selecting properties and going to the " General" tab and changing the program it uses to open as a default(i am not aware...

Line selection for formating in Excel chart
Have "plain vanilla" line chart in excel spread sheet. Data series consist of several lines closely space. Normally I can select and RClick a single series for formating such as line color and thickness. Is it possible to simultaneously select all data series to change a common format such as line thickness. I'd like to do this without individually selecting each line while the control key is depressed. (lazy and not that good-a shot). ~Dave Hi, No you can not select multiple series, like you can with shape objects. The only time saver is, select 1 on the series and the f...

message size problem.
Exchange 2003 server Sp2 can't receive messages over 10Mb. Message delivery defaults as follows Sending message size 5000 Kb Receiving message size 30270 Kb Recipients limits 5000 SMTP virtual server settings Limit message size to 30000Kb Limit session size to 30720 Kb Limit number of messages per connection 20 Limit number of recipients per message 64000 Does anybody know what I am missing, the user accounts are all set to use defaults for message size and when amending a user to receive 30720 Kb they are still unable to receive messages over 10 Mb. Is there another setting that I...

Font and size help
In Excel 2007, I am updating a worksheet developed by someone else. I can't get a column of email addresses to display times new roman, 12. I have reset the page default, I have formatted just the column containing the email addresses and nothing seems to work. After entering an email address, it appears as ms sans serif, 10 with an underline (ie link address) I then change the individual cell to times ne roman, 12 and it is properly retained. Help appreciated. thanks Hi. This is due to your autocorrect options in Excel. To stop Excel taking over your formatting try the following:...

need more infomation on scatter charts?
i tried to create scatter chart, but was not able to do becaues of lack of options and assistance. could any one please help me Hi, To create a scatter chart you need a minimum of a set of Y values. Select the row or column of cells and using the chart wizard create a xy-scatter. With only 1 set of values the chart will default to an incremental set of x values ranging from 1 to the number of cells in the Y range. If you have a set of x values as well then select both sets of data. If you have your data in 2 columns the best layout for the chart wizard is Xvalue1 Yvalue1 Xvalue2 Yvalue2...

Message Size Calculation
Someone asked me how to calculate the storage used by email message: 1. If a email message which is 100K with a 500K attachment, send to 100 people - in total, how much storage is used? Anyone know how to do the calculation? :) It will take 600K plus some small amount of space (_my guesstimate_ 100byte) for each recipient, assuming all recipient mailboxes are on the same server and in the same database. April wrote: > Someone asked me how to calculate the storage used by > email message: > > 1. If a email message which is 100K with a 500K > attachment, send to 100 peopl...

2003 charts don't format to page size in 2007. any suggestions
I have numerous charts created in Excel 2003 that are formatted to print very legibly on 8-1/2 x 11. Excel 2007 does not seem to make any proportional adjustments base on paper size, resulting in a long flat chart that is not legible because the print is too small. Any suggestions on how to modify the ratios. Clicking on print options "print on 1 page high by 1 page wide" has no effect. the height and width ratios do not change at all as they did in 2003. ...

Saving Window Sizes
I use multiple Windows in running Outlook 2000. I clicked on Exit and Log off and when I ran Outlook 2000 again, the multiple windows and size reappeared. In Windows XP, I set up the multiple windows, close, but only the one window appears. The extra windows do not appear nor are the sizes the same. Has this changes from 2000 to XP? thxs srm Outlook 2002 has changed slightly, use File > Exit (which didn't work on Outlook 2000) "srm" <srm@primatech.com> wrote in message news:%23eGP$A2WDHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I use multiple Windows in running Outlook ...

Stacked Chart #2
Would like to have the charts largest data point on the top of the stacked chart instead of defaulting to the bottom. Other than going into data series and moving individually up or down, is there a faster way? -- Lindaslucy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lindaslucy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36721 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564474 ...

How do I create a Line Chart (Special)
Hi there, I know how to create a line chart, what i want basically to do is create a stack chart without showing the border or colour, all i want is to show the line only ay the top of the stack. hope this makes sense. regards Harry Stacked charts in general, and stacked line charts specifically, are not very effective at showing information, but if you look at the other line chart subtypes, the two in the center column of the Chart Type dialog (when Line is selected in the list) are "stacked line" types, which only show the line for the cumulative total at each catego...

highlight areas of chart?
Hi I have a time series line chart (dates on x labels, returns on Y) can I highligh the chart in a particular date range? THANKS!! Stan Stan, Yes you can. Assume that you start with your data set up like below. The “Background” data will eventually make up the background colors. Data Background 1/1/2005 6 10 1/2/2005 8 10 1/3/2005 9 10 1/4/2005 7 1/5/2005 5 1/6/2005 6 10 1/7/2005 7 10 1/8/2005 5 10 1/9/2005 4 1/10/2005 3 Create a simple line chart. Click on the second series (the 10’s), right click you mouse, go to Chart Type -> Clustered Column. You should now have o...

how to switch the primary and secondary Y axis to opposite chart s
Using Excel 2007, evertyime I refresh pivot table data, my charts lose almost all of the formatting (ex. axis will disappear and chart type will revert from lines to columns). Most annoying problem I have when this happens is the primary Y axis moves from the left side to the right side of the chart, and when I re-introduce the secondary Y axis, it will appear on the left. How can I easily move the primary Y axis back to the left side of the chart or switch the two axes? I've tried choosing Layout - Axes to hide and re-display the axes but this did not work. Format the primary cate...

How do you reset windows size to default?
How do you reset windows explorer size to default? I mean the size of the windows explorer right after you installed Windows, and you have not resized it. On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 02:05:43 -0700, Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca> wrote: How do you reset windows explorer size to default? I mean the size of the windows explorer right after you installed Windows, and you have not resized it. Hi Peter Den 07.04.2010 kl. 12:55 skrev Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca>: > On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 02:05:43 -0700, Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca> > wrote: > > H...

Link Chart with data cell (cl
This was your questio Hi I want to link all the points in my xychart with the rows of the data that are in the chart. i.e. after a mouseclick on the chart data the user will be redirected to the data row The idea is to create a link to a text cell, situated in the same row as the data, which explains the details to each point Thanks in advance for your help Mattia ...

Size of plot area expands when Chart Title is deleted
Hi, I have a worksheet with about 8 charts on it. On all but 1 chart, when I delete the Chart Title, the plot area expands. Can anyone tell me why this happens? I'm no chart expert and I can't seem to find any obvious setting that would control that behavior. -- TIA Chuck M. If you have not manually adjusted the plot area size, Excel considers it the default size. This default size changes based on whether there are axis titles, a chart title, and a legend. Adding or removing any of these features causes the Excel to change the plot area, To prevent this behavior, change the ...

Custom Chart Templates Gone??
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel In Mac Excel 2004, Custom Chart Types are available, the user can generate user-defined chart types and save them as a template for later use. I can't find this functionality in Excel for Mac 2008. I can't believe this is gone. What am I missing something? Another related question on this forum led to a solution but it was very complex. <br><br>Bob O. See the Excel Help topic "Add a custom sheet to the Elements Gallery" You simply have to save it to the correct folder: not that co...

Column Size
Hello I've been playing around with placing objects in specified cells. However, I've noticed that the standard column width is shown as 8.43 (64 pixels) - can you tell me what this measurement is? I think the standard row height is in points - why the difference? Thanks Peter Width is dependant on the font. 8.43 denotes that many characters can be displayed in the default Arial font. Try this: With the display set at 100%, note how many columns are visible on your screen. Now, <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, And change the default font to Algerian (right ab...

Why are graphs/charte created in XL 2003 missing in 2007?
I have an older excel file (created in 2003) with lot's of graphs that are now missing in 2007 (blank worksheet). Is there a way to recover them? ...

chart type affecting data order
When I change the chart type from bar to line (for example), it changes the order that the data is displayed in the data table. How do I keep data in the data table in the same order that I entered it? You would have to use an alternative to a data table. Make a table in the worksheet, where you have much finer control over what appears, where it appears, and how it appears (formats). Then either situate the chart close to this table, or use the camera tool to paste a dynamic picture of the table one or near the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custo...

Chart Data Won't Display
Hello, I've inherited a line chart. I successfully changed the data range last month by dragging the outline box. This month, though, I can drag the outline box, but in the chart, the value won't show up. Does this make sense to anyone? Thanks! ...