Including data in data table but not charting as a series or point

I need to chart monthly totals including YTD.  When I include YTD in the data
table, then the wizard also charts YTD totals as a series or point.  How can
I see the YTD totals in the data table but NOT include it in the charting of
my other monthly totals from the data table?
0
pepper76 (2)

Hi:
One option is to can make the data series for YTD invisible by choosing the
same colours for the data as for the background.
HTH,
Henk

"pepper76" wrote:

> I need to chart monthly totals including YTD.  When I include YTD in the data
> table, then the wizard also charts YTD totals as a series or point.  How can
> I see the YTD totals in the data table but NOT include it in the charting of
> my other monthly totals from the data table?
0
HEK (135)
7/31/2006 8:48:02 PM
 Or use "None" for line, marker, area, etc.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"HEK" <HEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
> One option is to can make the data series for YTD invisible by choosing
> the
> same colours for the data as for the background.
> HTH,
> Henk
>
> "pepper76" wrote:
>
>> I need to chart monthly totals including YTD.  When I include YTD in the
>> data
>> table, then the wizard also charts YTD totals as a series or point.  How
>> can
>> I see the YTD totals in the data table but NOT include it in the charting
>> of
>> my other monthly totals from the data table?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
8/1/2006 3:56:49 AM
I should clarify.
My series includes both monthly and YTD totals.  Is there something
different I should do in order to print the YTD totals in the data table, but
not have the YTD totals graphed in the table?

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

>  Or use "None" for line, marker, area, etc.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
>

> "HEK" <HEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi:
> > One option is to can make the data series for YTD invisible by choosing
> > the
> > same colours for the data as for the background.
> > HTH,
> > Henk
> >
> > "pepper76" wrote:
> >
> >> I need to chart monthly totals including YTD.  When I include YTD in the
> >> data
> >> table, then the wizard also charts YTD totals as a series or point.  How
> >> can
> >> I see the YTD totals in the data table but NOT include it in the charting
> >> of
> >> my other monthly totals from the data table?

0
pepper76 (2)
8/1/2006 4:33:02 PM
If you want the data in the data table, it must be charted. Henk and I
elaborated on ways to make the charted series invisible.

Another option is to make your data table in the worksheet, either in the
cells next to the chart, or make the table elsewhere and use the camera tool
to put a dynamic copy of the table on or near the chart. Tushar Mehta
describes some data table alternatives on his web site
(http://tushar-mehta.com).

- Jon
-------

"pepper76" <pepper76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I should clarify.
> My series includes both monthly and YTD totals.  Is there something
> different I should do in order to print the YTD totals in the data table,
> but
> not have the YTD totals graphed in the table?
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>>  Or use "None" for line, marker, area, etc.
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> http://PeltierTech.com
>> _______
>>

>> "HEK" <HEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi:
>> > One option is to can make the data series for YTD invisible by choosing
>> > the
>> > same colours for the data as for the background.
>> > HTH,
>> > Henk

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Proper Table(s) Layout
I have created a couple of Dbs which the table structure seemed to simply fall into place, it was just logical in my head. That said, I am working on a new db and for some reason I am doubting myself and wanted a second opinion. The db is basically a contract db to input all the info, and there is a lot of info, for each contract. Where I am 'lost' is the fact that the contracts are broken into categories: clients, components,engineering, warantee... For all of the components (with the exception of clients) there are a number of fields but only 1 entry per contract....

Time Series
I have about 30000 lines of data that looks like so: Time Count 93000 447 93001 1020 93002 1438 93003 2177 93004 3042 93005 3467 93006 2913 93007 3341 93008 3547 93009 2908 93010 3512 93011 4090 Where ColA is time. I am having trouble creating a graph with time on the x-axis and count on the y-axis. Thank you in advance. You need to make an XY chart But with 30,000 data points you could run into trouble; Help says you can 32,000 data points in a single data series. However, if you want markers it will look like heck. You could limit the data like this: assume y-values in B2:B30001 in ...

The Bullet Points, And the Paragraph Symbol
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Today I had a problem on MS Word 2008. I opened up the page and went under the note book option for a new document. When it had opened there were bullet points all the way towards the left of the page. Also, after ever line there was a small blue paragraph symbol. If you know how to disable this feature or you can give me some type of hints, please message me back. You have simply toggled the display of non-printing characters. You can toggle them off using the keystroke Command+8, but they are valuable assets when reviewing/...

Queries and Charts

Table link documentation

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Data migration - Adventure Works

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

Updating a chart Automatically

line chart with NA() values

Pivot Table Defaults
In the pivot table field list, whenever I create a new pivot table and I am inserting fields into the value area, I generally get as default field setting the 'Count' value. Is there a way to format the spreadsheet to make Excel recognize the data as all numbers so it defaults to the "Sum" function as opposed to "text"? Hi The rule that the PT Wizard adopts is, If all the values in the field being added to the data area are Numeric, then it uses Sum. If any of the values are Text or BLANK, then it uses Count. It sounds as though you have defin...

Like a pivot table
Hello every body I'm first time requesting in this group, so I opologize in advance for any mistakes or something annoying I repeat what I have sent before 10 min because I see it unclear when it goes to news group If any one can help me I'm working with data which most of it comes like a table with feilds as columns and records as rows. I want it to be as many rows with each feild an example what is exist name age Joining Date Tele John 20 Jun-90 4321251 Iqbal 30 Jul-95 6583752 George 40 Sep-85 7843125 What I wa...

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

referencing lines and series points
what is the VBA code for referencing to individual points in a line on line graph? i would like to create a macro to change indiviual points shapes and the color or the lines in between them to different color depending on different parameters. is this possible -- medicenpringle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39101 Ther easiest way to do this is to first record a macro doing what y...

Chart Linking
How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. Kenneth Hi try the following: - open both workbooks - in the target workbook enter the equatrion sign '=' - now select with your mouse the source cell in the other workbook and hit ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kenneth" <pby5acat@tpg.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40b4a089@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. > Kenneth > > Or copy the source cell, select the target cell, choose Paste Special from the Ed...